Old 01-19-2005, 12:27 PM   #16  
Focus on the Process

S/C/G: 247/247/165

Height: 5' 8"

Michelle-I watched AI last night and my fav. is the guy in the purple headband and outfit with his super long note...and then second place is the butt spanker...

Crystal-No ideas from me for inducing labor. My ex sister in law did it this way...She drank some mineral oil, took a long bath, went for a walk and then had sex with her dh. That is what her midwife suggested for her to do. She went into labor and had Angela the same day. I personally tried the bumpy roads and all I got was more soreness in my pelvic bones...

Hey Jill-Hope you get it all done today! Dang those alarms.

Kristin-Are you all birthdayed out? My birthday overload is in April. I sympathize with you.

Okay...nuff said. My wrist is doing its usual pains. I'll get personal with the rest of you later. Hi Roxy, Melissa, Penny, Jeniqua, Ricci, Cindi, Cheri, Geri, Gretchen, Stephani, etc....

~chris
chrily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2005, 12:45 PM   #17  
I'm a homeschool mama

Thanks for all your ideas. Let's see I had mexican food yesterday, I live in the rural areas and am ALWAYS on bumpy roads.
I did with Ally, have mexican food and started having contractions, however, I don't think that did it. I was 4 days late anyways. Everything I've ready says sex, sex, sex is best.
But the way I see it, nothing works, it's when she's ready or should I say when God says she's ready. Although I know that walking and staying active does help so that's what we'll do this afternoon.
I'll let you all know. I'm just afraid I'm going to dilate so fast since I'm efaced so much already and the hospital is about an hour away, so I just hope I have time.
Hope everyone's day is going well. TTYL
mamawithdreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2005, 12:51 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

Height: 5'4"

Omg I'm so suprised that some of you don't know what AI is It's American Idol LOL and I'm a hardcore fan!

Roxy so glad the store had your bag that's a relief that you don't have to go through any hassel except going back to the store. Thanks for the compliment on my siggy! I have the new photoshop and paintshop and then I did the water effect with a program called reflet it's really simple to use but I believe its in dutch so I just used a web translator to figure out what it was saying.

Crystal, do some jumping jacks LOL I tried to do them when preg with Taylor but I was just to big lol. And the sex thing never worked for me, me and hubby were doing "it " like 5 times a day before they decided to induce me with Taylor lol.

Okay well I'm trying to get the girls room in order, it's a pig sty I've already spent an hour in there and it doesn't look like I've done much lol
TTYL!!

Michelle
MichelleRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2005, 01:51 PM   #19  
soontobethin

Good afternoon all. Sorry about the fly by yesterday, but I was in a big hurry, was trying to get stuff done. Michelle, I recorded AI last night, and am recording it tonight. Then I will have something to watch this weekend. Jill, it sounds like you are incredibly busy. Everyone seems to be doing good. I am getting sooooooooooooooooo bored with my workouts. I will keep doing them, but they are just getting boring. Anyway, I need to go get ready for school. I have to be ready by two because then I have to leave and pick up my sister and Eric from school and won't be back till 3:30, and then I go to school at 4. Have a great day.
need2losemore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2005, 03:33 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 332.4/228.4/175

Height: 5'11"

Hey ladies. I know I've been MIA for awhile, but I've been really busy since before Christmas. Here I am again. Seems as if everyone is doing well. Way to go Mel! Those pounds are just dropping off now. Ypu are a gym machine. You amaze me. Hubby and I are going to the gym tonight. Wed and Thurs nights are the only nights we can go together. The kids really enjoy the play area as well. I hope you have that baby soon Crystal. I know you are getting anxious. Hope everything works out for your dh. I went to the Garden State Discovery Museum with my daughter's preschool class today. It was a lot of fun. The kids really had a good time. It is snowing here. We will probably only get an inch or 2. We are supposed to get hit this weekend though. The weather has been crazy here. Last Thursday it was 68 degrees. Now we're lucky to hit 25. Oh well. I gotta help my son with his homework and get dinner together before hitting the gym. I try to check back later tonight.
Steph
bobsgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2005, 03:37 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 237/222/180

Hi everyone!
We actually had our first substantial snowfall here in Maryland and it's made everyone CRAZY!!! Seriously, the boys are hyped up, everyone at Curves was talking about school closing early, my son's play rehearsal got cancelled, we're searching the house for boots to fit, and I am making some chicken soup!

I went to Bible study this morning, then headed over to Curves. My husband ticked me off this morning because he called me early and told me I HAD to put some oil in the van before going anywhere since it was really low. So, not wanting to get stranded, I bought some from 7-11, struggled with the hood (cursing him the whole time), and was late to church. I don't know, I guess I just feel he should have done this himself on Monday, his day off. Well, all's well that ends well, I guess.

OMG, American Idol had me LMAO so much last night. I really think those people sing badly just to get recognition. Like Simon said, they think they're the next William Hung! That one guy who said he was related to Toni Braxton (the guy with the breathy weird voice) is from Baltimore. LOL, way to represent!!!

Crystal - I hope this baby comes soon!!!

Roxy - your kids are sickie? Awww.. there's a lot of that going around lately.

Michelle - thanks for the reminder to drink water. It's a struggle for me since I really don't like it.

Chris - I tried the mineral oil thing with my first and it made me sooo... nauseous. My midwife recommended it since I was in labor forever.

Melissa - you're really on a good roll with the weight loss. Congratulations!

Well, I hope everyone has a great day. I've got to get back to my chicken soup. I just wanted to thank everyone who gave me advice when I was venting yesterday. No one ever said you always got what you wanted right when you wanted it, right? Isn't that a Rolling Stones song? LOL!
Take care!
breakingasweat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2005, 04:46 PM   #22  
Seen any cute shoes???

quick quick...

Mel--YOU GO GIRL...how awesome

Crystal I was three days late with the first two and the last came on his due date. I agree that the baby will come when the baby is ready. And I'm not taking castor oil or mineral oil...I have babies naturally and that is enough pain to not had to have dealt with loose bowels for hours before hand. LOL (sorry if tha tis TMI)

Michelle--I love your new avatar and I have never watched AI but I *did* know what you were talking about.

Everyone else...I'll stop by again in a bit. I've been crazy busy but jsut wanted yall to know I was still around and will be posting more often.

hugs.
CheriBrorsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2005, 06:25 PM   #23  
I'm a homeschool mama

Cheri, I totally agree with you. I have my babies totally natural in all aspects and I don't want anything to make that different. The doc offered to induce, but I say no jose, what's up with that. I've heard it can make things worse.
I will do things physically that can help me; ie. walking, squatting, etc., etc. But I don't want to put anything in my body that can affect any other parts or the baby.
Anyways, glad to hear from you.
Steph, glad you could drop by. Believe me I wish I could have this baby soon too. I know I will.
Well, I did get out and walk circles around my house for about 45 minutes or an hour with some small breaks between because me feet were killing me. I didn't have any contractions but did feel some progression. I can't really explain it, but it's my body so I suppose I know more about it.
Well, I'm cooking dinner. Hope everyone's day is going well. TTyL
mamawithdreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2005, 06:52 PM   #24  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

S/C/G: 208/162/135

Height: 5' 2.5"

Hi Ladies!

Today has been a whirlwind and running around but I just wanted to stop in and say HI!

Hope you all have a great night!

I'll check in tomorrow! TTYL
mompen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2005, 07:16 PM   #25  
Focus on the Process

Crystal-I for one have been induced twice. To me, it hurt alot worse. You don't get that natural progression that you do with a natural labor and I don't think contraction intensity was worse but the frequency and duration were so rapid, my body didn't have time to adjust. When you go natural...you can get used to how things go before the next stage hits...

~chris
Old 01-19-2005, 08:27 PM   #26  

Cheri, nice to here from you. Love your new pic.

Gretchen, I think everyones kids were wacky today. Mine were whiny and fighting over everything.......ughhhhhhh. i"m with you. Sorry, today was still hard. I pray tomorrow will be better for you.

Crystal, I bet you do feel progress from the walking. Maybe more pressure not so much contractions ...right? Don't keep us hanging in the morning ok....

Penny, I hope your headache is better. ttyt

Ok, gals, I am tired, but I had a much better day then yesterday. Tomorrow I think I will hit the gym full force. Just keep swimming swimming swimming.....Dory from NEMO
Have a good night all.
melmcc99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2005, 10:12 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 332.4/228.4/175

Height: 5'11"

Hey girls! Hope everyone's having a great night. I had a great workout at the gym. I did 30 minutes of cardio(ski machine) and 30 minutes of weights. I am starting to feel some muscle in my arms. I was induced with my son as he was 6 days late and didn't seem to want to come out. I had an epidural though so I didn't feel anything.Thankfully as he was a 10 lb baby. With my daughter, I asked to not let her go too much past my due date because of my son's size. I went into the hospital 2 days after my due date with all intentions of being induced, but she decided to make her arrival before anything was started. Even still, she was a 9 lb baby. She came so fast, the epidural didn't even have time to take effect. I statrted feeling contractions at 11 pm was checked and was dilated 6 cm. She was born at 1:46 am. My husband barely had time to make it back to the hospital. I had sent him home because I didn't think anything was going to happen that night. Boy was I wrong! Since we're on the subject of babies, how much did everyone's children weigh at birth? My son was 10.4 lbs and my daughter was 9.2 lbs. Well good night! I'll probably pop in tomorrow afternoon as I have to work from 9-2 tomorrow. See you then!
Steph
bobsgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2005, 11:31 PM   #28  
a.k.a. Roxy

Okay ladies!
Here I am, tada, look at the ol' gal! Well I hope y'all aren't blind now. I have to have so much help doing this stuff, thank goodness for children! I have another one sick now and I'm not feeling so good either so maybe I'll see ya in the morn or maybe I'll be polishing the toilet. Nighty Night!

I really have to go though, someone else is sick.

~Roxy
Attached Images
File Type: jpg roxyavatar.JPG (3.6 KB, 14 views)

Last edited by 1hot_tomato; 01-19-2005 at 11:36 PM.
1hot_tomato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2005, 12:12 AM   #29  
Focus on the Process

Roxy-You look great! I love your hair and you have some awesome cheekbones. Ol Gal! My butt! You look younger than me.... I am soo sorry you have little sick ones in the house. I'm knocking on wood thaT mine will stay well for awhile. Bring on the Lysol. Okay...You better get some rest. Have a great night.

~chris
Old 01-20-2005, 12:19 AM   #30  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

Height: 5'4"

Hey girls just a quick note from work!

I drank all my water so I'm done with that challenge!

Roxy you are a cutiepatootie

My kids weighed 6 lbs 6 oz (Taylor) and 7 lbs 15 oz (Teagan) I was induced with both of mine I had pitocin and cytotec (inserted) and was in labor for 26 hours with Taylor and almost 24 with Teagan until they decided to go with a csection because of failure to progress, turns out her cord was wrapped around her neck.

Well back to the grind, I'll probably post later, we'll see.
Have a good evening!
MichelleRae is offline   Reply With Quote