Old 01-13-2005, 02:48 PM   #16  
**Kristin**

hey there girls !! I am having a pretty good day so far. I went to bed last night around 7pm! LOL I was so tired, everything just caught up to me. I woke up this morning and found out that dh gave sydney a bath and folded the 4 loads of clean laundry I hadn't gotten to yet. I was so grateful that I started crying !! I hasve a great dh, and he helps most of the time, but those are 2 huge tasks to get done from 7-9 pm and it was so nice not to ask him to do that...I was gonna let it all sit until the weekend, and give Syd a bath this morning! Anway, just wanted to check in...

Roxy - Washing will be the death of me too, I hate white, there are always so many socks! LOL...... That is freezing! It is 5 degrees here, feels like -10 below with the wind, and jsut to make me mad, the sun is out and brighter than it has been in days...looks so warm,then you step out and BBBRRR!!! oh well, can't have everything, I can look outside and pretend that its warm! LOL!

MELISSA! - WAY TO GO ! I am so proud of you. I remember when you joined this thread and we talked about how discouraged we were with our weight...you proved that you can do it, and I am next, I promise! way to go.....I bet you feel even better than you can say !

Michelle - Hey there mrs. no-sleep... I think you and I are twins....I actually got sleep last night, but not any other night! LOL, I am finding that I miss our chats so much, I hate it, but I just can't stay up so damn late...otherwise I can't function in the morning!!! Maybe one of these nights, I will surprise ya and stop in the chat

Jill - How is everyone doing today? Getting back to normal I hope! How is Bayley feeling? Still thinking of you all often! I miss chatting with you too...and your ebay snooping LMAO!

Ricci - Glad that you are still doing alright! I get my hair foiled, so when you learn, you could practice on me! oh wait...we don't live close.....blech...we all need to move to the saem state! LOL!

Cindi - Where are you hun? Miss ya!
Melinda - you too! How ya been?
Steph (bobsgal) what are you up too?
Ginny - Hi
Sherry - Where are ya girlfriend?
Pheonix - I miss your stories of poutine.... LMAO
Leigh - you forgot about us!

Okay all you lurkers come back!!!! which brings me to spryng - Hunny, we really miss you!! Just because you are maintaining your weight and working full time doesn't mean that you don't fit with us! We are FRIENDS! I miss hearing about your dinners, and your kids and everything. You may be maintaining, but you are an inspiration to those of us (like me) that aspire to be there !! Love ya hun!!! COME BACK!!

Penny - glad your tum-tum is feeling better...I hate when you don't know that kids are sick and they still come over....ggrrr !!! Are you enjoying having a friend on 3fc that you can meet in person??? I am so jealous of you and Stephanie! LOL! J/k - miss chatting with you at night too !

Stephanie - glad you got to the gym! I love thunderstorms, they are very relaxing to me, I know I am weird! LOL!

Crystal - I am glad that you are all ready to go! Getyour bag packed and then all will be ready! How is the house coming along? You haven't said much about it lately?

Jeniqua - That name story is great! Too funny! Your kiddos are so cute How is dh doing? Is that camera still working alright for ya?

Gretchen - How are you! I don't know if we have met...if not! how are ya! I can't wait until my kids are old enough to be left alone for a little while....but then I will be sad that they are growing up! LOL!

Geri - You need to post more, and get remotivated!! I know you can do it! It is tough! Im so sorry that everyone is sick again. Did you disinfect the phones, toilets, all handles, and doors? That is waht I do...that is how germs are really spread...especailly the toilet flusher handle and the phones! Hope you are all better soon!

Deana - I too love the vases that you painted! Hope you do well at the craft show!

Chris - I love the name Maylee.....I know its funny that you put it together, but I had a friend growing up with that first name....and we called her may or lee-lee....How is your RA doing now that you are losing on the challenge?

Okay - I think I covered everyone, really.....EVERYONE! LMAO! Alright, ya'll have a great night..I am working after I leave here and then going to my mom and dads to have a glass of wine with my mom...so I probably won't be here until tomorrow. Thank god tomorrow is Friday! I am in need of an ENTIRE day off! have a great evening everyone! TTYL!
sydsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2005, 02:50 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

Height: 5'4"

Oh Jeniqua, in case you wonder why your siggie isn't showing up its cuz I moved my graphics around so it broke the links. you can reload them on another graphics server if you like though. there is ofinite.com or photobucket.com or shutterfly.com you can check out any of those

I hope you are all having a great day, I just did 400 crunches with my pilates abs exerciser so challenge is done for today!! I'm going to take a nap now! I gotta work tonight!

Love to all!
MichelleRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2005, 03:12 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 237/222/180

Hi there everyone! Sorry I haven't been posting much - to be honest, it's been difficult for me to remember what everyone has said and everyone's names and respond accordingly! What a lame-o!

I had a good workout yesterday at Curves. That squat machine gets really hurts my knees! Yikes, I am so old and out of shape! I hope my muscle pain goes away before I go back tomorrow.

I met a friend for lunch today and had a wonderful salad at the Mall. I was proud of myself for resisting all that other good stuff. I would have really liked a big plate of Chinese food or a couple pieces of pizza.

Penny - Did you get to the gym yet?

Crystal - How are you feeling? How is the pelvic pain today?

Melissa - 199! Yay!

Roxy - I love chai. I buy the Lipton tea bags and put my own stuff in it. It's a great pick me up in the afternoon.

Michelle - I used to love that Swiss Miss hot chocolate until they started putting Splenda in it. Unfortunately, I cannot tolerate Splenda - it gives me a major headache and gastro-intestinal problems.

Stephanie - nice to meet you!!

I'm a little nervous because I am weighing myself for the 2nd time tomorrow. Wish me luck!
breakingasweat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2005, 03:27 PM   #19  
2BoysMom

Hi all,

Mel, WTG lady on the 199. I am so very proud of you and all your hard work.

Penny...sickness....bummer . Hope Andrew is feeling better.

Welcome Steph and I know there’s another newbie here too, but I have not been very consistently posting ! I’m Geri, part time sahm to Will & Tony. I work 3 days a week since about early September.

I’ve been meaning to email Spryng, but I have been so terribly lazy lately... I’m at work and have a few extra minutes to sneak in a post, so forgive me if I miss you!

Roxy...we’re getting that nasty cold weather this weekend. Happens every year. It rained and was in the 50’s late yesterday, and will be around 0 tonight.

Ricci...I used to give my friend perms alot years ago. I didn’t mind the wrapping so much but she used to say ouch an awful lot...lol. Glad school is going well with you.

Someone mentioned me being sick alot. Now that I think back, it has been 3 times since I came back to work and my kids are going to a sitter twice a week. Being around others just gets us full of germs! This last one was from New Year’s Eve. One friend that works here ended up with pnumonia. Thankfully the rest of us just have colds.

Jilly, so glad Bayley’s finally home. That must have been horrible.

So ever since the other day when I told dh how much weight I have gained back, he’s made an attempt to help out more. This morning he emptied the dishwasher...but then left new dirty dishes in the sink (one of my pet peeves). Yesterday I had a rough time with Tony... into the early terrible 2’s and really pushed my buttons yesterday. After dinner he took the boys down in the basement so I could have some me time upstairs. I had better make good use of this and just keep reminding him every once in a while so I get more help. I’m also trying to do more sewing and such downstairs after the boys go to bed so that my hands are busy!!

Well, I had better get my butt back to work before I get caught. Just wanted to say hey and let you know that I’m still here. I will take the weight back off. I have too because I feel horrible right now...my knees are bothering me again and my clothes are tight.

Love ya guys! Hi to everyone else!!

Gretchen....you're the other newbie! HI and welcome.
Chubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2005, 03:46 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 237/222/180

Hi Geri! <waves> I'm also a "2BoysMom".
breakingasweat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2005, 04:26 PM   #21  

Kristin, glad you got a good nights sleep. It's amazing what it can do for you right. I'm with you about the whites with the socks. I also hate folding baby type laundry. It's always a billion little pieces to fill the basket....ahhhh tired just thinking of it. Thanks for the WTG. I remember having the talk with you on the phone. Thanks always for your support.

Gretchen, do less weight on that squat machine. You don't want to push with the knees like that. You'll work up to higher soon. Also, good luck tomorrow on your weigh in.

Geri, thanks on the WTG. Are you all well yet or still sick? Yuck. get well soon.
Thanks for the WTG.

Spryng, if you should read this. The gals are right. You are an inspiration. People at WW don't stop going because they've reached their goals, they become LIFE TIME MEMBERS. ANd they still weigh in once a month. I think. You can check in here that often I should think. We miss you and we know it must be tough to do all that you have to do.
melmcc99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2005, 06:14 PM   #22  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

S/C/G: 208/162/135

Height: 5' 2.5"

Afternoon Ladies....

Just fixed the boys some soup for supper and realized it is 2 minutes before karate..... lol Well I'm not supermom and we can't get dressed and there in 2 minutes.....lol So ...

Anyhow,
MELISSA!!!!! I know I talked to you today but I just gotta do it!

IT'S YOUR BIRTHDAY IT'S YOUR BIRTHDAY!!!!
WOOOHOOOO!!!!!
YOU ARE THE WOMAN!!!!

Geri,
Are you back on plan yet? Come on girlie! You can do it! How are you doing with late night snacking? Congrats to you for dh helping out!!!

Gretchen,
Good luck on the weigh in tomorrow!!! Isn't there another sugar subsitute that came out besides Splenda? I think it's new? maybe?

Michelle,
Congrats on the exercise!

Kristen,
Pass dh on this way! I need some laundry folded too! I'm glad you got some well deserve rest last night!

Stephanie,
I'm glad we got to the gym today! Thanks for coming over! It was nice to actually have an adult conversation even if we did have 6 kids running around! It was still nice

Jeniqua,
How are you doing today? Hope plan is going well!

Crystal,
Do you have your camera ready and film and all that good stuff?
I guess if we don't hear from you in a couple days we will know why! You need to get one of our numbers so you can call us and tell us know what's going on!

Roxy,
I went back and edited today's post and put ya in And what the heck is Chai? I bet it is better that I don't know...lol I might get addicted too!

Ricci,
I bet the perms do suck! Do your arms get tired? I bet you are getting some good muscles on your arms though!

Well I need to get my kiddos .... I'll check in later!
mompen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2005, 07:07 PM   #23  
a.k.a. Roxy

Hi everyone!

Penny! I didn't know it was Mel's b-day! The day's almost gone now. But WHAT a birthday present! Chai is tea, slightly sweetened (splenda) and with a little milk. True chai to the best of my knowlege used to use coconut milk. It has spices and vanilla in it and really is I think better than a coffee for a treat! Celestial Seasonings has a good one out ( Original India Spice, decaf) but there are many others. Try it, it's so yummy! Hint: some people put the ff flavored half and half like vanilla in there. Thanks for putting me on the roster!!

Mel- HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!! YIPPEE!!!!
I'm so glad that the day you went "under" was on you birthday! Happy Birthday!! Now I know you'll remember this day always!

Geri- hey you busy lady! I'm glad dh is trying to help more. It's a start.
It's so difficult when there are so many things to juggle and you haven't been feeling good. I think my best tool for insanity is the crockpot, I throw some stuff in there and at the end of the day at least there's a meal that is good for the family, despite the craziness! Take care kiddo.

Gretchen- It was difficult for me to keep all the girls straight at first and to remember what was said. All you have to do is go to the "post reply" not the "quick reply" scroll all the way down, under the additional options, and you can see in reverse order the posts that were submitted. Simple! Even a 40 yr. old can do it! I mean me. I have the memory of a hamster, so this help out quite a bit instead of writing everything down.

Michelle- how do you like your pilates ab exerciser? Tell us more about it, please.

Well, better shake a leg and get them all finished with their homework. TTYL

~Roxy
1hot_tomato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2005, 09:18 PM   #24  
SAHM ?!? of 4............

Good evening ladies!

I've been super busy today and am just plain exhausted tonight.

MEL: WOOOOOHOOOOOO! BABY!!! You'll be a sexy momma in no time now!

Roxy: That is super cold....BRRRR!!!!

Well, I will check in tomorrow morning. Sorry to not get personal with everyone. I could just about fall asleep right here and it's still 30 minutes to kids' bedtime...ughhhh!

TTYL
Deana1113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2005, 09:34 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Hello ladies!!!
I am so sorry I've been MIA this long. It was never my intention. And yes, I did tell Crystal that I felt like I didn't belong here because I'm no longer losing weight, or even dieting for that matter. I'm just eating right and watching the scale. So I felt that I had nothing to offer here, but as I am reading this thread I see it isn't so, lol. Thank you all so much for your kind words!!!! It really meant alot to me.
So how is everyone doing? I see an active challenge going on in the mom's losing weight board and that is great! Who is ahead so far?
Crystal, I'm so excited that your due date is fast approaching! My cousin, who was due one day ahead of you had her baby two days ago. A little girl, 5 lbs 8 oz, by c-sec. I guess there were complications, I have yet to hear back from them. But all is well now.
Michelle, I had been wanting to ask you about that new makeup you bought awhile back, Bare Minerals, I think it was? I saw it on QVC and have been wanting to buy some, how do you like it? Is it really easy to use like they say?
I did buy a treadmill last month, the 2nd time I used it the motor went out in it. Needless to say we took it back. I think I'm going to save my money up for a really nice one. The one I bought was nice, but it didn't have some features I'd like to have eventually. So I'm not really exercising right now, even though I should be. But that has always been a weak spot for me. I want to get a good stability ball workout dvd, anyone know of any? Anyone try Core Results? I'm looking into it. I still need to tone up.
Well, I wanted to pop in a say hello. I'm really going to make an effort to get here more often. I feel so bad for leaving you all but it seems you all are doing great! Keep up the good work!
Well, I've got to get in bed. TTYL!
spryng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2005, 10:00 PM   #26  
Focus on the Process

S/C/G: 247/247/165

Height: 5' 8"

It's my tv night but just had to pop in and read the posts.

Melissa-WAY TO GO! You're in ONEderland darlin'. Good job! I'm so proud of you!

Spryng-Just had to tell you too that we sure miss having you around. I've been trying some of the recipes you posted on the MLW site. Can't remember who said it in their post but you are an inspiration to us all and you are a LIFETIME MEMBER.

Okay...I'll get personal tomorrow. There is too much to read before ER comes on. BTW

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MELISSA!!!

~CHRIS
chrily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2005, 11:49 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

Hey girls!

Roxy I loveeeee my ab exerciser its a contraption with resistance bands attached and you do it sitting up so you aren't using your neck muscles to do them! I love it! I got it for 20 bucks from TJ Maxx.

Spryng its sooo great to see you here!! I've missed you!! I do hope you'll post more often! The bare minerals makeup is awesome! I love it! Its so easy to use and a little goes a really long way! Sorry to hear about your new treadmill, that sucks when that happens!

Mel, I can't believe you didn't tell me!! I need to keep track of these things!! Hugs to you girl, you are doing sooo awesome, I'm so darn happy for you!!

Kristin, sounds like you did very well today!! In spite of everything going on in your life right now, I commend you for keeping up with your weight loss efforts! I can't wait til we have another chat either!!

Chris its about -3 degrees right here now, I was a popsicle when I came in to work lol! That book I read was called, "Dying to call you" I can't remember the authors name but it was really good. It was a murder mystery about a telemarketer who hears someone murdered while making a call for her job.

Deana, hope you are doing well!!

Okay girls I'm at work so I must go for now! I'll be up early tomorrow because the cable company is coming to install our DVR tomorrow! Yayyyy!

I hope you all have a great evening!!
Love to all!
Michelle
MichelleRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2005, 12:12 AM   #28  
Curves 6-week solution

S/C/G: 159/159/135

LMAO you guys!! I just popped in to catch up and I saw that everyone was thinking it was Mel's b-day. I think Penny was just saying "It's your birthday" because of that saying "Go Mel, it's your birthday" you know like a little happy dance since she got to 199, not that it's actually her birthday! LOL Sorry I had to say something, I was cracking up just now. I hope to be back to say more after extreme makeover. TTYL
Bayleysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2005, 01:14 AM   #29  
Seen any cute shoes???

Default Hey Ladies--

Just wanted to stop by and say hello to you all. I still check in here. MEL way to go...ONEDERLAND how incredibly awesome. You should be proud you have worked hard for that goal.

It's good to see there are so many familiar faces still around and a few new ones too. And Spryng you are an inspiration for sure.

I'm 14 weeks pregnant now. I'll be 15 on Tuesday. I've gained a pound so far. Which is a good thing...heh. But thankful I don't tend to gain lots of weight while pregnant. I'm still trying to eat good and I need to start exercising again now that , the constant tired of the first trimester has passed.(on a side not I posted a pic at my pregnancy blog of me at 14 weeks...lol www.brorsenbaby.blogspot.com)

We've been looking at houses and are doing a second walk through next week. It's a lovely 4 bdrm/3 bath 2300 sq ft house with a nice back yard. We are within walking distance of the city park with the walking track, the pool and nice play area. It will be a huge blessing if it all works out.

I just wanted to say hello. Crystal, your due date is fast approaching. Woo hoo.

Take care girls...I'm going to try to be more faithful about checking in with you all.
CheriBrorsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2005, 07:01 AM   #30  

Ummmmmmmmmmm, It's NOT my birthday, but thanks to all the wishes anyway. Jill good catch! Cheri, Congrats. Thanks for checking in! I hope you are feeling well. You must be doing something right to have only gained a pound so far. Either that or you were sick. Hopefully not. WOW on that house I hope you get it, sounds wonderful.

Starting a new thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
melmcc99 is offline   Reply With Quote