Old 12-28-2004, 08:22 AM   #31  
RosieKate

Sounds like everyone had a great Christmas! Well, we had a good one, too. DS8 got a Harry Potter CDROM, and has since been hogging the computer. However it's 5 am and he's sleeping, thank goodness, and here I am!

Our Christmas consisted of us, my brother (37 y/o), DH's mother and her s/o, and and old friend of mine who has a crazy family and needed an escape. They all loved the prime rib.... and it did turn out pretty good I must say. I was a little nervous to fix it as I don't prepare red meat all that often, certainly not a spendy piece of meat like a standing rib roast! But also invested in a new instant read meat thermometer and that was the key.

Kids made out like bandits, of course, and our playroom looks like a tornado hit it. I got lots of books and book store gift certificates and a subscription to New York Review of Books....so I am set for reading material for a good long while!

Jane - thank you for sharing your pictures, would have loved to seen one of you, missy! Dh and I our talking about finally getting a digital camera sometime during the next year...sure would make posting pic on JL easier....I have a darling little picture in the camera of my DD3 wearing her red wool coat with black fur trimmed capelet...sooo cute

Marti - Boy that water heater thing has happened to us twice! It is dramatic - so glad everyone is ok. We haven't had any problem since we installed our gas water heater...but you never know I guess. The scrapbooking stuff sounds like alot of fun. My hobby was indulged a bit this holiday as my MIL gave me a knitting book called Stitch n' ***** and some money to spend at the yarn shop in my neighborhood. Yes I can walk to a fabulous yarn shop! It's amazing that I have any money at all! very tempting place I must say.

Ellen - a late thank you for the lovely card and book mark -so thoughtful. I didn't make your pumpkin cheesecake, but it looked so good! I will have to try it sometime. I'm not really into lightening up stuff like cheesecake. I like the real stuff, but really limit when and how much I eat it.

Julie - Hope everything goes smoothly with the ILs....sounds like your fiance has had to overcome alot in his life and is to be commended. I will be crossing my fingers and hope you get some good news on the fertility front soon...don't know too much about PCOS but hope it all works out for you.

Cristi - I think you are really going to like that geen, particularly in the spring when the greens start coming back out into the landscape outside. I wish I was on top of the decorations as you are. We went to Salem yestrday to pick up a chair from my Granmda, so now my living room has an extra chair hanging around waiting for the tree to wear out its welcome so it can have its place. I noticed Target is having a sale on Rubbermaid - so I'm going to pick up some ornament storage...

Hi to everyone else!

Have a great day
K
Old 12-28-2004, 10:09 AM   #32  
Closed

Good Morning Everyone
Ok I will try this again ,I was typing away with the usual quips of bad humor and I lost my post .I really, really ,really ,don't like when that happensKaty so you didn't try the deviously delicious pumpkin cheesecake , well what can I say. as a matter a fact no one tried the deviously delicious pumpkin cheesecake ,should I be offended ?should I be sad? what should I be? All i can say is that its your loss and my gain, weight gain that is I'm not into lightening things like cheesecake either Katy, me to, I like the real stuff and I limit myself to, only eating it till its gone. Katie I did make it without pumpkin cheesecake we would be lost, and it needs no makeover for me ,and I only pretend to feel guilty, because its just to good to worry about once a year,I was going to also share my deviously delicious dark chocolate truffle torte with ammoreto cookie and almond crust but since sharing these top secret recipes goes unnoticed I have to think about it now. Jane I must say those pictures are wonderful not only are all those granddaughter beautiful the property you all live on on is magical when it snows and I imagine equally as beautiful the reat of the seasons.Is that the house you are thinking of redoing its a wonderful house. Cristi I can't believe you moved from a 125 year old farm house I absolutely love farmhouses,not to say your new house isn't beautiful because it is , but a 125 year old farmhouse, I"m speechless,well not really Jane I can see why you love when it snows there ,it is truly a winter wonderland all you need is a horse driven sleigh ,I have always dreamed of doing that, going for a sleigh ride, but Kathy wouldn't take me on one so if you get one I can come and visit and I will bring my deviously delicious top secret recipes. You must have so much fun with the granddaughters play out there in the snow so much room for tobbogganing and snowagels and snowmen ,you could make your whole family, like in Meet me In St. Louis.Any ways its so beautiful and how come you got so many precious grandbabies and I haven't got any will you share please,, well I have kitten babies.I will post some pictures as soon as I get them,they are so small ,although this is the secong time, I have been present for the birthing process it has been almost 18 years since the last. The mommy is only about 8 or 9 months old ,so she is having a hard time knowing what to do, I can tell she just wants to be left alone sometimes when the babies are trying to feed , she keeps leaving them and coming to me ,so I have to stay with her quite a bit reassurring her. She looks so lost , I feel bad she had to go through this so young,but when we found her it was already in the process. So is everyone ready to conquer the next holiday New Years Eve ,what are your plans any fancy dressup parties or are you party poopers like meWhat do we discuss next when the holidays are done,Groundhog day I guess we will see now won't we

Last edited by Tea Rose; 12-28-2004 at 10:19 AM.
Tea Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2004, 11:07 AM   #33  
PamPSM644

Tea Rose, I know whats it's like with a new Mama and babies. I've had to hand raise many little ones. It might be a good idea to suppliment the feedings if she continues to have a hard time.You can buy formula at Petsmart. I never had much luck with the tiny baby bottles and used syringes. You know the kind you squirt med into childrens mouthes with.If you do try handfeeding it's very important to wipe each kitten down,especially the genital area with a warm moist cloth after every feeding. This stimulates them to evacuate and they can't do it otherwise. I'll be interested in how it's going. Love Pam
PamPSM644 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2004, 12:49 PM   #34  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Default Happy Tuesday!

Good Morning All~

Ellen~yeah, we moved from that old farmhouse-we were only renting. We had just moved from OK and couldn't find a house to buy so ended up with that at the last minute. And...since I am not big on moving we stayed there for almost 3 years. Grew tired of not having our 'own' house to fix the way we wanted. Sorry, I didn't try the cheesecake either. I had planned on it but I wan't feeling so great and the less cooking I had to do the better. As a matter of fact I slept most of Christmas Day. As far as new Years Eve goes...no plans here. I am not the partying kind, not a drinker except an occasional margarita or glass of wine/champagne for a special celebration, which is probably 1-2 drinks a year if that. Will probably just stay up late and watch a movie or something. Sometimes catch the ball dropping with Dick Clark but since he won't be doing that this year probably won't even watch.

Marti~sorry to hear about your brother but glad you got to see him and he got to see his kids. It's terrible what drugs and alcohol does to ones body. I haven't seen my oldest sister in about 10 years I'm guessing. She was and still is into it and my mother said she is losing her mind and it is too sad. Oooohhh...scrapbooking supplies...what a perfect gift! Our Christmas was fine, was feeling a little under the weather but was up long enough to open gifts. V and I orginally weren't going to get each other anything because I told him he had gotten me/us so much already. But then decided we would get each other one gift. Of course I told him what I wanted which was Eternity perfum. I was out and he got me the perfum and body lotion-love that stuff. I got him this big saw, not even sure what it is called...mitre saw, table saw Of course the kids always spoil me. I tell them to not to spend their money on us but do they listen? Noooooo...they got me some books and cds and of course DS#1 bought us the pic on the living room wall, it was nice tho. I am glad I did good with their gifts and everyone was happy.

Katiecat~oh, I am not so organized at all, not like I used to be. Just wanted the Christmas stuff out of there fast. Although, I was a little sad to take it down, especially the tree. I love to just sit and look at it all lit up. I may leave it up a little later next year we just wanted to get started on some painting. DH is home for the week. I do hope you hear from DS soon, and glad DS got his license. Know what ya mean about worrying. I am horrible about worrying about the kids. I know I have to let them go as hard as it is but it doesn't make it any easier.

Pam~oh how I love Petsmart! That is the best store ever, well...one of the best. I love how you can take your pets in there. Of course we can't take out little old Ernie. He doesn't like strangers at all.

Katy~yes, we are already loving the green! I had V put a little square on the wall to see if it was the right color and was worried because against that yellow-ick! But it looks nice and the couch goes great with it! Didn't realize Target had a sale on the rubbermaid-want to get some Christmas tubs. I've got most of the stuff in tubs but do have 3 boxes of stuff that should be in tubs.

Jane~the application is for me! It is for a cashier, easy enough right? I need and want to do something and figure that would be good enough for now. I like that it is so close to home. The living room is coming along fine. We got the main wall done and the furniture back in place and things on the wall yesterday and wow...what a difference the green has made. It looks so warm and the couch looks so nice with the green. Must say I made a good choice in color. V and DS#2 kept asking me why I didn't go with green in the beginning. My plan was to get a green couch and have touches of green around but really wanted a yellow kitchen. Little did I know we would end up with a putty colored couch that would look awful against the yellow-ick! But it is coming along. I am sad tho...had to take my sunflower border down this morning. I didn't like the way it looked even tho it had green in it. So will end up doing another border at some point or maybe a chair rail. Spring cleaning? EGADS!! I don't even want to think about spring cleaning. But there is nothing wrong with getting an early start. Hey, when you are finished with yours come on over and do mine!

So that's what is on my agenda for the day...finishing up the dining area and kitchen. Got up early this am and had to take everything out of the hutch to move it. Took the plate covers off and my border. Then V ran me off. Said "Don't you need to be getting on the computer?" Imagine that...him running me off. So I will probably be off and on here all day bugging you ladies! Anyway...

Hi to everyone else

Have a great one ladies!
FrouFrou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2004, 03:44 PM   #35  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

I'm baaaaack...

Jane~love the new avatar! I swear every time you post a new one you look so different, that's good. It's nice though.

Don't really have much to say, just bored. Been going back and forth with watching V paint and chatting with him to reading and doing some laundry in between. And of course getting on here. Figured I shouldn't distract him when he is busy so he doesn't mess up and it is taking longer than we anticipated. He thought he would have it all done and only have the wall leading to the basement to do tomorrow but...he is going to stop at the kitchen and finish up tomorrow. Not so much to paint in there but a lot of taping and then would have to pull the stove and fridge out. By then it will be close to time to cook so better to finish tomorrow. He went ahead and got some paint for the front (outside) door and we did it the same color, looks good. Of course he is having to put two coats on another reason it is taking so long. Anyway...Wednesday evening everything should be done.

See ya later ladies!
FrouFrou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2004, 04:02 PM   #36  
PamPSM644

I usually go to bed and wake up when all the horns start to honk. I'm thinking that maybe this year I could try to stay up. I'm not a drinker either But I'm thinking that this year maybe I'll spring for a small bottle of Kaluha(?) and make a couple White Russians.YUM. Once a month I go to PetSmart and stock up on low magnesium cat food. I have 1 cat, Baby Huey, who weighs 16lbs and is prone to urinary problems and has to have" special diet" so this means everyone gets it to. My Bon Bon,a little white Poodle ,goes with me and loves to check out the dogs ,mice,hamsters,ect.

Last edited by PamPSM644; 12-28-2004 at 04:09 PM.
PamPSM644 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2004, 04:46 PM   #37  
GmaTo8

My face in the new avatar looks smeared, almost like a burn victim.... wonder why? I tried a different photo and it was the same, if not worse! Don't like this!!!
Jane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2004, 05:23 PM   #38  

Evening Ladies!!

Jane: The picture is nice, cant even notice it being smeared!!! You're doing great, keep it up!!!Also thanks for the advice on the PCOS group, I did post over there and have been getting some good feeback!!!

Glad to hear everyone had a nice christmas!!! We got lots of gift certificates, walmart, home depot, restaurants, video store, and old navy!! Got some candles and kitchen stuff as well!!!!

Thank you all for the support with the health conditions, I have to go to the doctors tuesday for my blood results....I know its sound strange to say, but in a way I hope something is wrong with me, because lately I just havent been myself and I can't physically motivate and push myself like I used too..I also feel bloated all the time, which Im thinking may be a side effect???
So hopefully its good news!!!
Anyhow got back on the diet today, Ive been making myself do 25 minutes on the elliptical machine a day, plus Im trying to get back into drinking all the water that I used too....somethings gotta give!!
As far as New Years.....no idea what we're doing....probably get some wine, movies and takeout and stay in!!! Also get this.....my friends , the ones whose kids I take all the time...WELL her husband has decided now with 3 kids to go enlist in the air force!!!!! NUTS!!!! Anyhow he leaves tuesday to boot camp, so they're supposed to have a get together for him this weekend!!
Im very upset with him, I think hes making a very careless choice, he should have done this before they went and had three kids...not to mention while theres a war going on!!!!!! So never a dull moment around here!!!!
Well its off to conjure something up for din din.....talk to you all later
Julie
jewels2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2004, 06:09 PM   #39  

Height: 5'1"

Just a flyby today girls.

I'm so frustrated right now. Our water heater is not as simple to replace than was thought. Ended up with a HUGE water fountain in our pantry room! I spent some time sopping up the water w/towels and grumbling under my breath. So......told my grandpa to quit working on it, tell our landlord to quit being a cheapskate and just get the plumber out here tomorrow so I have water again.
I hate to watch my grandpa work on something that he shouldn't even have to do. It's not his job. And he's getting too old to think about crawling under the house to get to hoses and stuff.

Anyway...done whining. I need to get ready and head over to grandpa's to use the bathroom and clean up before I go to work.

What a pain!!

(sorry for venting ladies)

I'll be back tomorrow with hopefully a better outlook on everything.

Until then.
Marti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2004, 06:10 PM   #40  

Height: 5'1"

BTW Jane....advatar looks great! What are you talking about a smear????? You look wonderful.
Marti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2004, 09:06 PM   #41  
Closed

Evening Everyone'
Hi Jane
so thats what you look like , well aren't you the cutest thing.You are exactly what I had pictured in my mind,right down to the hairstyle. You are doing so great you look wonderful, know wonder you don't want any of my decandent deviously delicious pumpkin cheesecake with the ginger cookie and almond crust smothered with 35% whipping cream decorated with those fancy wafer roll chocolate dipped cookies and roasted almonds. Sorry Tommorow I start again , I made my daughter eat the last peice of pumpkin cheesecake when she came home ,so there is no more temptations her for me. I will unload the fridge of everything else tomorrow giving everyone fair warning to take what you can and run. Mommy and babies are doing fine its grandma whos struggling I think I did this a couple of times already and I'm not handling these all night feedings.lol.Amelie is getting better now , I thinks she's beginning to understand that she has to cuddle and let them feed. I feel so sorry for her she looks up at me so innocent and lost sometimes, so I just sit with her and she's happy . I had to sleep on the floor in the closet last night because she wanted to be with me more than the babies, so I put down the feather bed and pillow and tried, I say tried to sleep. She's much better today about staying with them, only leaving for food drink and her business.So how is my back you say , don't ask, I promise you tonight I will be in my own bed,if I have to put the box beside me so be it I will post the pictures as soon as get them they are so cute.

HI Marti
I hope you get that fixed soon , its really hard to be without the necessities ,and its no fun mopping up water .You have every right to vent if thats what you have do , do it.I wrote you a poem (((Hugs)))

It started out as a puddle
it turned into a lake
I'm so sick of mopping
This is all I can take
I just want a bath
I can't take this no more
I do want some water
Just not on the floor

Hi Cristi
I'm happy the green turned out so nice ,its amazing sometimes what a difference in colour can make to a room.I look forward to seeing your pictures. I like chair rail I have throughout the house the only place I didn't put it was in the bedrooms.Having large furniture in them would defeat the purpose because you wouldn't see it anyways.I hope you are feeling better than you were ,(((HUGS))) Once you get everything done and back in place I think you will be much relieved , I think, like me ,you get frazzled when the house is in chaos is that true.Just think in a couple of days it will be a memory and it will feel like its always been that way. I am looking forward to getting my house back in order ,I usually always take down the decorations on New years day, inside and out. It will be sad when they all come down ,but once they are, I always find that It doesn't take long to readjust, and it makes cleaning that much easier.Eternity is my daughters favorite perfume , mine is Paris ,my kids usually replenish my supply every Mothers Day, I hope that you are having a good night.

Hi Julie
I think I might agree with you on that issue, leaving three kids behind is a tough call. I don't know why people make some of the choices they do. I do hope that the bloodwork goes well, and although I know what you mean about hoping they find something wrong I really hope they don't , you really do not need to have anything else to contend with.Good luck (((HUGS)))

Hi Pam
I usually go to bed and put a pillow over my head , Kalhua sounds good, I do like that and Baily's, not that I drink it only maybe every few years.As I have said New Years isn't something I look forward to and if I were to drink I would get all weepy and thats not good for me , so I mostly avoid the whole scenario.Babies are doing fine so far Amelie is getting more comfortable , I wish I was Have a great night .

Hi Susan
I wrote you a little poem to

Susan oh Susan
Sweet friend of my mine
Please wont you join us
On thread ninety nine
I miss conversations
about Love and Romance
About how lucky you are
By just taking a chance
I know things are tough
But hope is the key
And no matter what happens
You always have me
Boy that better have made you smile if thats not pure genious I don't know what is I hope your having a wonderful night.

Hi Kathy
sorry I missed your birthday, Are you all moved in and settled now , I hope your having a wonderful holiday season,

Hi to everyone else I hope your having a wonderful holiday season ,I must get back to my babies.Have a great night everyone.

Last edited by Tea Rose; 12-28-2004 at 10:39 PM.
Old 12-28-2004, 10:13 PM   #42  
kitty Momo

That is rather.......ummmm, lovely Ellen - lol. Thank you - how can I not respond

You are our incredible shrinking woman Jane. You look so different to you.

Thanks for the beautiful card Ellen ,and bookmark . So nice to get.

I have been super busy at work.I completed all our reviews , interims, and zero incomes......over the last 2 weeks. Huge job , I was doing ours while my boss was doing another building.

My car should be fixed by weeks end. Though I love the Mazda that I am using.
I have mediation on Monday, just an overview thing. I will have to see Mike......gag.

I am suppose to be working on my anger.......hahahahahaha.

Gabster is great. She is so sweet. I got a gift card to GapKids and I still have some $$$ on it , might go tomorrow and pick her up another pair of boots.

The older girls are babysitting for extra money this week. I borrowed 20 from them today....lol.

Anyway- payday is Thursday!!! Yay.......

Rocky is a dream. He called and said there was a $700 phone bill......but it was a mistake because we have unlimited mobile to mobile......thank goodness. Anyway, love him to death - just hard at times being so far away. I would love for him to go to the court thing with me.

Hi to everyone!!!!! Catch up soon........just couldn't pass up Ellen's poem

btw- never recieved messages Jane. If it was to my email, I don't have the mom2three39 one anymore.

Night
Mom2Gaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2004, 10:38 PM   #43  
Closed

Well! Well !Well ! Hi there miss Susan so nice to see you.I though I might bring you out with that smashing good poem I try what can I say . Glad to hear little Gaby is fine. Its good to hear your car will be fixed , maybe just ask if you could switch even steven, as a Christmas present if you will sounds fair to me.So your supposed to be working on your anger huh.do what I do PUMPKIN CHEESECAKE really it cures everything well except for the few extra pounds ,but then that makes me mad all over again , never mind bad ideaYay payday isn't so far away now,I hope your having a good night and ya'll come back soon ya here ( thats beverly hillbilllies jargin) night Susan sweet Rocky dreams
Old 12-29-2004, 12:55 AM   #44  
Give me strength

S/C/G: 299/261/250

OMG Ellen, that was incrediable...you are so talented.

ITs the 28th already? geesh time flies.

Anyways...
Jane, I love your new pic. And yes I got goosebumps reading about Terry and Gina...*sigh Got choked up with you telling the kids about being their real grandma,,,you have always been their grandma.

Cristi, love to hear a good designing story...lol Can I borrow V for a bit...I have a bit of painting to do around here....
And you are already packed up with all the decorations? Yikes woman! Im thinking of Valentines Day Ill be able to get it done.
Julie, again been there done that about the cysts,,,mine are big enough to cause pain, but too small to surgically remove.
Marti, that scared me thinking about your problem...put all the fans on in the house,,,either boil some water and vinegar on the stove or buy some sponge smelly thingies, they absorb smells. Then after you do that, lite some scented candles.

Went to Sylvan for Christmas,,,was so tired, worked till 2 am on the case...came home slept , got up just after 7 and got ready. Came home in a storm,,,ya we got snow,,,just didn't want it AT that time. Got to visit with my one cousin Joe who is the same age as me,,,that was nice, what wasn't nice was my two drunk aunts. Sounds like we all have one in our families somewhere eh?
I got totally spoiled, embarrassingly so. Two makeup suitcases,,,ya you saw right,,,suitcases. Totally different one is full of creams and brushes, and the other is powders and lights...was thinking of returning one,,,but Monte talked me into keeping both,,,and so I will, think I will put my hair stuff in one and makeup in the other...wow will I ever look like a professional when doing a makeup gig for a show.
I got Lampoons Christmas vaction one and two, and Elf.

Well gotta run,
night all
da fat n da furious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2004, 01:00 AM   #45  
Give me strength

S/C/G: 299/261/250

RK,,,Ive been thinking of getting some of those funky yarns,,,and making a scarf,,,,I'd crochet it since I hate knitting, can never do the tension right.
I always end up with my wrist swollen cause I never know the word moderation,,,gotta get it done...NOWWWW and then suffer for my impatience...*sigh
Katy, hope you son comes and sees you soon, but he better call before that,,,as in ASAP!
Good night to everyone else....
da fat n da furious is offline   Reply With Quote