Old 11-19-2004, 12:20 PM   #16  
mama of 4little Angels

Hey ladies Got the gym in today.I worked out for 2 hours hard.To burn off all that chocolate I ate last night.I'm really enjoying working out.Time goes by fast while your there.

Girls thanks for your support on the gym thing.

Hot tomatoe-what do you mean you don't have a t.v..Don't you know about them yet? They give great imformation and you can even watch things called shows.I'm just playin I hope you don't take it personal.

Well i've been up since 3:30am.Dh came home from work and "woke me up".If you know what I mean.So, I've been up every since.I do plan on going to bed the same time as the kids tonight though.I have to get my sleep or i'm really not fun to be around. \
So what's everyone doing today.Me just cleaning house so I don't have to worry about it tomorrow.We're going to N.C. to visit family and I can't stand to come home to a dirty house.That's a pet peeve of mine.

Oh,how do I get a christmasy name. I WANT ONE PLEASE
Well I'll check back in later.Gotta go vacum.Love to all.
Angel Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2004, 01:48 PM   #17  

ok top floor....DONE....
middle floor ...50% DONE...
heading the the basement......ick....playroom and such....ouch....wish me luck..
thanks all on the congrats about the loss...its realyl happening and I am soooo pleased....I REALLY want to reach my goal of 160 by xmas...I want it so bad I can taste it...not literally of course, I am sure it must be high in calories..*smiles* lol

Phoenix
Phoenix_walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2004, 02:04 PM   #18  
I'm a homeschool mama

Hi all. Quick check in for me. Me and dh are back and mil is on her way here with the kids.
Anyways, doc said everything looked good and normal. Severe IBS is what he's diagnosing it with. Giving him Miralax, which we already had, once a day and a perscription called Bentyl, 4x a day. Suppose to make things better, wants to check him out in January.
Anyways, I just fixed him something to eat, he was really, really naseaus but it seems to be helping. Later, I've got to go to town. I'll check back later.
mamawithdreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2004, 06:09 PM   #19  
Focus on the Process

S/C/G: 247/247/165

Height: 5' 8"

I'm trying to make up a Christmas list. Anybody got any good ideas for a 5 year old girl or an 11 year old girl. I'm stumped this year. I want to try to get it done as early as possible. None of that last minute shopping.

I didn't finish my work today. The kids and I went to my sister's house to help her make desserts for a "Thanksgiving" dinner in honor of her BIL. He leaves Sunday to go to Iraq. Hope he stays safe. Also had to get my "required" baby time in with my nephew. What a doll! He loves to talk and he loves to smile.

Crystal-Glad they figured out what is going on with dh. Hopefully the meds will help out.

Phoenix-you little ball of energy! Get your buns over the border and come clean my house. I got 3 levels that could use ALOT of attention.

Hey Angel-how's it going for you? BTW-Get some sleep!

I'm gonna surf and see if I can get any Xmas ideas for the kiddies and other misc. family members (i.e. my dad and stepmom) who are horrible to shop for.

~chris
chrily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2004, 07:38 PM   #20  
Ready for ACTION!!!

Default Hey Pals

Another flyby for me!! I am babysitting and it's hectic. I had all 10 kids by myself today, no FUN!

My throat hurts and I am supposed to sing at church this weekend! YIKES!

I'lll try to get back after they all leave
BIGtimeLOSER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2004, 07:43 PM   #21  
burned out bus driver

Hi!
Crystal- that is great news about Dh and the IBS. It can be managed.....I know some cases are worse than others, but the big thing is to get your system under control and then you can slowly ease back in some "bad" foods in moderation. Hope the meds help him......hugs and lots of patience to you too!

Bigtime....sorry about your throat....feel better, ok?

Chris- glad you are feeling better. Is your 11 yr old into any of the American Girl stuff( even the 5 yr old in moderation). What about their magazine? 11 can be a tricky age.
Opps the phone......gotta go. See ya!
ginny
ECmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2004, 08:15 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

Height: 5'4"

here you go angel just something I was playing with today.

Crystal hope your DH is feeling better.

Cindi, I hope you begin to feel better too!! Damn cold season!!

Spryng are you around? How is work going?

Deana what did you do today?

Chris sorry you didn't get your work done there is always tomorrow lol.

Kristin have you heard anything on your warrior yet?

Phoenix way to go on all the cleaning!! You are coming to my house next right? lol

Jill how is the paper coming along?

Ginny, lol can I ride in your luxury vehicle too Pick me up at 8 lol!!

Mel where the heck are you?

Okay I just thought I would come check on ya'll and to all you other sahm's out there HI!!

gotta think about getting ready for work!
Michelle
MichelleRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2004, 08:25 PM   #23  
burned out bus driver

Sorry 'bout before.....the phone was ringing and Dh does not answer phones. It was my SIL responding about Thanksgiving. She and her family will be here, so we are up to 12 for dinner that day. Good thing I bought the large Turkey today.

Chris- back to the 11 yr old. Clothes are big at that age (but she is probably developing her own taste so that can be tough.) What are her hobbies/interests? I know, Christmas shopping can be so tough.

Phoenix- hope you got all that housecleaning done. (hey, it does burn calories, right?)
You are doing great on your weight loss journey. I don't know what/how you are trying to lose, but would like you to consider that you not focus on the scale quite so much. I have been to way too many WW meetings where they mention exactly that.
I remember from last Christmas WW meetings, the leader mentioned that the holidays can be so tricky that sometimes developing a new strategy just to get thru them is best. Possibly a slower rate of loss, or for some people a limited gain or just maintaining the same weight is good. Or focus on how great you feel- and that you want to continue to feel great (which means, of course keeping on a weight loss plan).
Just some ideas......I know for me, I can't be too aggressive about my weight loss goals for this time of year. But then you are losing great gangbusters and stand a great chance of getting to 160 by Christmas. (gee, did I babble enough here and make no sense???)

Angel- congrats on the long workout!!!!! Hope you can get some sleep...sounds as though you need it.

Kristin- your hair sounds so cute! Glad you like it too. You had a busy day- and the playdate sounded like fun. (ah, I remember those days)

Michele- how did your day go? 8pm pickup....well, Monday my route leaves at 8am. That will get me to your house by........ Shall I come with my 50+ monsters, or with an empty bus? ( I must say there is nothing better than an empty school bus......sounds wierd, but it is so peaceful)

I have babbled enough for one day. My eating has finished up well for the day. Might be a point or two under, but I am not hungry in the least. I needed a good day like this. Dd has a tummyache- nothing awful but she has that sort of pale look and seems tired. Hope it is nothing major.
Tomorrow we have tickets to go on a walking tour of the historical buildings in town, which are decorated for the holidays. The weather is supposed to stink......and I am getting the feeling that I might end up going by myself. (Dh was supposed to join us, but the weather will keep him home). And with Dd's tummyache.....aw, lets see what tomorrow brings.
Have a great nite!
Ginny

Last edited by ECmom; 11-19-2004 at 08:35 PM.
ECmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2004, 08:33 PM   #24  
a.k.a. Roxy

HI everyone!
Okay let's see if I can post this time without having some one call me away!! Three times today! I've been sorta around, by the time I read the posts and try to answer. "MOM, I need youuuuuu!" I had an extra child home today because by the time the car pulled around to leave, that's when someone remembered they forgot to wake her up. Oh well... I wasn't going to drive 17 miles one way to bring a first grader to school, I would of had to if it was an older child. Today was relatively uneventful, thank goodness, and I managed to get alot of LAUNDRY done. Now I only have some whites and school uniforms then I can sorta relax. I haven't been drinking all my water this week and boy can I tell! I am not down like I should be, and I feel kinda yucky.
I'll see what I weigh tomorrow morning. Hope I didn't gain.

Crystal- I am glad nothing is wrong with DH, and all his functioning parts. I'm sure he is so glad to get that procedure over with!

Chris- I'm trying to decide myself what to get the girls. I have a hard time getting something individual without repeating from another year. Let me know how you do.

Phoenix- HOO HOO girl come on over to my house, you cleaning machine! Congrats on the weight loss!! You have really come so far according to your siggy. Do you have any before and after pics? I LOVE those! Yours must be just incredible! I find those sooo inspiring. Of course, not as inspiring as a moo-moo picture of me up on the fridge!

Angel- No...no television, no satellite, no cable, nada involving anything broadcast. Now we DO watch movies (videos & DVDs) but only over the weekend. Years ago, when we were homeschooling we were too busy and it really didn't fit into the day to watch. My children have so many activities, homework, chores. I don't know how people watch during the week. Over the weekend it's a different story and we will rent something maybe. The older children have to watch movies separately from the younger. I don't want to spend another night hunting for Blackriders in the house. I know your jk. I have a sense of humor, enough to know y'all think with ten children I ought to be watching TV at night. I know you were thinkin' it right? I do get to watch when I have a baby at the hospital, But I don't think I'm missing much. Please don't be so formal, I'm Roxy, only my husband calls me a hot tomato. I have a red shirt I always wear and when I'm working hard I turn red, plus I'm short. Not a good combo for me. I have to admit, I do look like a tomato.

Penny- I was really impresed with your acticle. I hope it get the attention it deserves. How is Andrew feeling? Is his condition painful or are the hospital procedures just painful? It must be so hard to go through all this for you! I can only imagine, we're keeping you in our family prayers. Glad you're and your mom are getting a warrior wtg!

Ginny- I like Martina McBride too! Only that "Letters from home " does it to me. I know I'm a sap too.

Hi Jill- have fun playing at Playdaze? Glad you got a good doo! So you're not a blondie anymore? Glad DH likes it!

Mel- wtg on the extra sessions! Sorry about the plateau, I'm sure once you break it it will come off for you!

Michelle- You must have been busy too all day. Hope you had a good one! Is your Pleurisy better?

Deana- Hope your not grouchy now, has the day been better? Sorry scouts didn't go good. DH got a deer (high-five), Hopefully you won't have to clean it
I had to do the last two and my fingers were so numb from cutting out in the garage I thought they were going to fall off! It's great meat, we eat plenty of it.

Geri- Glad you're up and running again. So sorry you are all sick, get well! Hope you feel better soon.

Hi all of you other moms! I try and get back later.
TTYL

~Roxy
1hot_tomato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2004, 09:29 PM   #25  

Hey all, feeling a bit dull right about now. I wasn't feeling well at all today. First day that I have just sat around and did nothing. Dh came home, which was nice, but had to go to a wake for someone mother died from his job. Meanwhile, Abigail says shes has to go to the bathroom and would it be ok if she did tatoos. Ok, she promised to clean up any water. THis is not a problem, she does it often. However, some how she got the novel Idea to CUT HER HAIR!!! When went to check on her, but gave her the " I'll be up in a minute, It better be cleaned up" talk and she said, I didn't clean it yet, I'm cutting my hair. Well, you never saw me run up stairs so darn fast. I started to cry, which made her cry. SHE CUT, NO, Make that CHOP off all her bangs to the scalp like a tight crew cut and parts of the side. I feel quite solmn right now and just want to go to bed. I feel like it's my fault of course, bcause I should have checked her sooner. HOwever, at the same time I feel, like geez, don't I ever get a break, to sit and relax, because I don't feel well. I thought I could trust that she wouldn't do that. We've had the talk before. OH, well, sorry to vent. I just need to go to bed. Oh yeh, she says, "don't worry mommy, what's the big deal, it'l grow back". That's my Abigail!!
melmcc99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2004, 02:05 AM   #26  
SAHM ?!? of 4............

Just a late night fly by for me. I won't be here tomorrow cuz it's "Spring Cleaning Day" around this house. No, tv, no phone, no puter, no video games until it is up to snuff.

Mel: Sooooo sorry about Abigail's hair. My Abby did the same thing, only I was on here and she was sitting behind me and about the time I turned around and saw her she shut the scissors on a fairly large piece on the back. I was livid! to say the least. She has hair half way down her back and that didn't help any. And told me the same thing, it'll grow back. And she was right, it grew back. Must be an Abby thing

Roxy: YES!!! I had to cut it up. Well most of it. Dh slipped in the shower about 3 weeks ago and hit his index finger on the counter. It has been hurting him and low and behold, now he thinks maybe he broke it.....MEN!!!

Hi to everyone else. It's late and I'm going to pogo for a while then hit the sack. Have to be up early to go to Curves and then get back and crack my whip

TTYL
Deana1113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2004, 08:04 AM   #27  
I'm a homeschool mama

starting a new thread...
mamawithdreams is offline   Reply With Quote