Old 11-17-2004, 04:41 PM   #16  
Focus on the Process

S/C/G: 247/247/165

Height: 5' 8"

All right..I'm back again. Still struggling to get some motiviation. I did get a load of laundry put away and another in the washer. I'm working on it. I got 3 hours until dh is home so, I'm taking my time.

Jill-I'm guilty. I hide from people and pretend I'm not home too when my house is a mess. Oh my gosh, I thought I was the only one! We could be twins... I've also taken every last laundry basket we have and chucked everything I could find in them and slam in Tiana's bedroom so no one would see. I know, I know. Ingenious, huh? As far as the starches go, I don't think I eat too many of them. I am allergic to the yeast in bread so I can't eat that. I must confess a fondness for fat-free pringles. What else have you found to eat besides those good-tasting potatoes and pasta? I'm all for alternatives. Just show me the way.

Roxy-Hey! Haven't seen many posts from you today. Those kids must be keeping you busy. Mine are so mellow today. It's kind of scary. The calm before the storm, maybe.

Mel-Get that workout in! Where is the dh anyhow? (not trying to be too personal) Have a great workout!

Gotta get back to getting cleaning. TTFN. I'll check back later. I'm supposed to go to church with my mom tonight.
~chris
chrily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2004, 05:33 PM   #17  
burned out bus driver

Crystal- sure sounds like IBS to me, which I have also. Fortunately, I can keep it under control with diet and FiberCon (be in big trouble without it!!)
Gotta get dinner on.....see ya!
Ginny
ECmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2004, 05:54 PM   #18  
I'm a homeschool mama

Ginny, I didn't know you suffered from that. He tried years ago to take one of those fiber things, but it would only work some of the time. His diet is not great, but he has cut out ALL beer and ALL cokes for about 6 months now but still suffers. He eats ALOT of sweets and tried to cut that out, like I knew he couldn't do it. The doc called and said he can eat nothing but uncolored jello and chicken broth all day tomorrow. He's NOT going to be pleasant. He's also had a small issue lately where he had his vasectomy and has to go to the doc tomorrow for that. He's simply not going to be a happy camper.
Anyways, I'm getting dinner done. I hope everyone has been having a great day. It's been rainy here ALL day but since I didn't have to get out that was okay with me. I'll talk to you all later. Hope all is well.
mamawithdreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2004, 06:21 PM   #19  
Focus on the Process

S/C/G: 247/247/165

Height: 5' 8"

Crystal-talk about a tasteless menu. YUCK! Seems like the test prep is worse than the actual testing. They really want a person to suffer.

Ginny-In answer to your PM, dh is saved. Dinner? I haven't even figured out anything yet. I've tried to be a good girl today but just don't have the energy. I've got the chills now. Must have a fever I guess. I'll just go down some more tea and kick back in front of the tv and catch some cooking shows. Maybe I'll have the dh bring some chicken home for him and the kids. I'm just not hungry.

Where is Mrs. Michelle? Hummm...and Penny...Deana...Geri...Ricci...and all the rest of you gals? Hope you all are enjoying your day. I guess I better put in the phonecall to Mr. DH. Beg him to bring dinner home for his hungry children...

~chris
chrily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2004, 06:53 PM   #20  
burned out bus driver

Aw, Chris, I feel bad for you. Got the chills???????? Drink lots of tea (got a favorite?) and water too. I know with a cold I can down many cups , basically non stop tea all day (decaf once I have pretended to wake up). I Hope you feel better soon......and that Dh was a good boy and spared you from dinner! Hugs. Oh, and I also have crawled on the floor of my house to avoid being seen if I did not want to answer the door because it was a mess!!!!!!! Actually (and this is the first time I ever admitted this one!) did it to my MIL- who can be very argumentative, I knew she was in one of her moods.....it was just me and Dd (an infant at the time, and I was nursing her) at home....and well, I chose not to answer the door. So now you know I get the creep of the year award.

Crystal- yes the normal pre colonoscopy menu.....so flavorfull......don't have Dh watchany of those cooking shows that Chris is planning to veg out to. Is your Dh as crummy a patient as most?????? Hugs to you too! Can't imagine facing pg hormones and a Dh as a patient too.... As far as me and IBS, I am so thankful that the fibercon does its trick.....I must take it faithfully and still watch what I eat. Some foods are just not worth the upset for. And I know that I can slide a bit.......as long as I start out my day with oatmeal (which thankfully I love) and keep lunch fairly sane. Then I can be much less strict with my eating later. But if we go on vacation and my normal eating habits are disrupted, I need some extra fibercon and some patience to keep from getting into trouble. As a word of encouragement, I've found that once I have gotten things under control, I can eat even the foods that irritate me- in moderation.
So, it is for me quite livable- and that is why you never heard me mention it.

Survived dinner, and now Dh is taking Ds to baseball tryouts. (lets hope they come home in better moods than when they came home!) Time to go clean up Dd's room. And I have babbled enough......have a great nite.
Ginny
Old 11-17-2004, 08:02 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

Height: 5'4"

I'm here!! Just lurking today! I was tired because Taylor the Terror was up very early and began to cause problems from the minute she opened he pretty little eyes. So its been an adventure. Teagan was sick today she threw up in her crib and was pretty fussy poor thing. Now her favorite stuffed animal and blanket are in the wash, which I'm sure she's not too happy about!!

Crystal I hope your DH feels better! I think I have IBS I always have a horrible stomach ache about 10 minutes after I eat its horrible. How are you feeling?

Jill so the paper you were working on...was that the one that you've been stressing over? I'd like to read it when its done if you don't mind Ha ha I pretend we're not home too!! How funny!!

Mel did you make it to the gym? How was your workout?

Penny...you are slackin girlfriend!! We miss you!! Where the heck have you been?

Chris, How have you been feeling? It's rained here the last 2 days now YUCK!!!

Well tomorrow my car is going in to get a new muffler Yayyy!! Right after I get it running after being parked for so long and after a week the muffler is roaring away lol. I was oo embarassed to drive it so we parked it again lol. But I miss my totally girly girl car.

Deana, how are you doing girl? You seem to be wicked busy lately.

Okay I better get ready for work!!
TTYL!
Love to all!
Michelle
MichelleRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2004, 08:07 PM   #22  
Ready for ACTION!!!

Default Hello friends

Another day, another dollar!

Good day, but we had 19 kids! Talk about hectic...19 2 year olds, biting each other at every opportunity! I think we handled it well! We didn't quit or get fired, lol!!!

Dinner is served! I hope to come back, but we see how that's been going!

Oh yeah, Christian is much better! A day of meds made a huge difference!

Hope you are all big losers this week, my eating is not something I care to discuss these days.

Love ya chickies!
BIGtimeLOSER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2004, 08:21 PM   #23  
Jeniqua

Hello Ladies..Sorry I've been MIA but my family has been sick . My daughter was sick Sunday night with the flu and then Monday I got the same thing. Monday night my son had a fever of 104 drgrees(my kids have seizures with 104 fever) and was having a hard time breathing. At 2am I had to call my pastor's wife and ask her if she had any medicine(we're really close). She came over right away with medicine and even brought over a nebulizer treatment. The poor baby couldn't even talk without even gasping for air. I took him to the Dr. yesterday and found out he has an ear infection. He has been rubbing his ears alot lately and had a very strong odor in his right ear but my husband and I didn't think anything of it because he has tubes in his ears. His ears were draining before and the DR told me that's normal. No wonder he's been cranky the last couple of weeks. I feel so bad that I didn't take him to the Dr sooner. My son is very clingy and when he's sicks he's very overbearing. I am feeling better but still very tierd. I haven't been exercising yet this week. My appetite is still not back up to par either..

Mel~ Way to go on making it to the gym! I know what you mean about missing hubby..does he go away often?? My husband travels on the road all week and is only home on the weekends.

Deana~ My husband loves to hunt. When he catches a deer we have so much meat that it lasts for like 2-3 months!

Well I better go lay down my head is spinning..I'll try to get back here tomorrow and catch up. Have a great night!!

All you ladies I didn't get a chance to respond to and say HELLO to..I hope all is well. REMEMBER, WE'RE IN THIS TOGETHER!!
sharqueen76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2004, 09:43 PM   #24  
SAHM ?!? of 4............

EVIL!!! EVIL!!! EVIL!!! I tell ya! (screams at Mother Nature) danged terrible, horrible tom showed its ugly self this morning....and right before a 4 day weekend....UGHHH!!!!

I've been in and out all day. Went to Curves, dd had school, scouts after school, rush home, fix supper (soup night.....lol), get dh out the door, had to run a DVD to the movie store because I didn't check the case when I dropped them off earlier and low and behold, it was still in the DVD player. So while I was there, I got Man on Fire. I remembered Spryng saying it was really good, then I ran into a girl I know and she recommended it too. I have it til Monday, so I'll probably try to get dh to watch it with me this weekend, after kids go to bed (so we can hear it ).

Mel: Glad you got to the gym afterall.
No way do I want to me model thin....they look ill!

Roxy: Thank you! Yes I think I will put total inches lost in my siggy, right after I get done here. Hope you had a good, productive, non-nail polish day . Still no deer, he slept to late today to go out. But he has the weekend and til Tuesday at sunset.

Chris: I have hunted in the past but didn't choose to this year. I have never killed one, finally saw two year before last but they ran past me so fast with dogs chasing them I couldn't get a shot off....grrrr! Hope you get rid of that cold soon!

Crystal: Hope all of dh's tests go well. Hope it's nothing serious.

Ginny: We love venison! I make my own sausage and jerky. Dh cuts it himself. 2 years ago we ended up doing 3 of them, 2 ours and one bil's. Glad you are able to keep your IBS under control for the most part! Rest?!? What's that?

Jill: on the clean house! on the paper! Hope the appraisal comes out well in your favor. Yes, I'm still loving Curves! I'm really seeing the inches go away now. Even my 16 yo ds told me tonight that he can really see a difference .

Michelle: I'm always wicked busy it seems! But I still find time for my favorite women!!! Love you all! Hope the car is better!

Cindi: Worse yet would have been bitning them back . Hope tomorrow is a better day. Let's talk about your eating lately....that's what we're here for

Jeniqua: Gees, when it rains it pours! Hope everyone gets to feeling better there very soon.

Well, I'm gonna pogo for a while, then to bed early tonight. I waited up for dh last night and by the time he was settled down enough to go to bed it was almost 1 a.m.....ugghhhh! Then I was up at 5 to start coffee. I did get another hour in after kids got on the bus, but still not enough.

Talk to all in the morning!

Love ya!

TTYL
Deana1113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2004, 02:43 AM   #25  
Curves 6-week solution

S/C/G: 159/159/135

Height: 5'4"

OMG ladies what a day! I thought it would be pretty non-productive since I got my paper done last night(and no Michelle this was a smaller paper that was due for yet another class! My rought draft of my huge paper is due Monday and final draft is due Dec. 7th.) turns out someone had a different plan! Anyway Hunter came over and he and Bayley were playing pretty good on the floor together so I propped him up against the couch to play better (he's 6 months and not sitting up too well on his own) and ran in the kitchen to take dinner out of the oven, then I hear crying. I run in and he has fallen forward and bonked his mouth and nose. It didn't look too bad and a rocked him a little and he stopped crying. So I decide this would be a good time for a bottle and a nap so I lay him down with his bottle and he drinks it but then starts crying when he is done. I let him cry for awhile since his mom is trying to get him to go to bed without it. Finally he won't stop crying and I go in there and his little nose is bleeding just a bit and his lip is starting to puff and he is bruising a little!! I felt so bad!!! I think he must have caught the corner of the Bayleys ball popper or something. It was near him when I ran into the living room to get him. I FEEL SO BAD!!!! I wanted to cry! I was supposed to leave for school tonight but called his mom to apologize and to tell her exactley what happend since dh probably wouldn't get it right. She's pretty easy going and said hey it's bound to happen sooner or later. I just wished it hadn't been me that it happened with. Bayley also fell today on the hard lenolium in the kitchen flat on her face and got a bloody nose and lip!! I felt so bad for her too! Has anyone else had a day like this recently? I just feel out of control sometimes!! Well needless to say Hunter will be on my hip the whole time he is here tomorrow and he is getting plenty of kisses and hugs from me, he'll probably never want to see me again! Anyway I don't think I will be able to sleep tonight because of this so I thought I would post the story to you all to get it off my chest a little. I think dh is sick of hearing about it! LOL

To top things off tonight in class we chose which days to do our presentations and I wanted the Wednesday after Thanksgiving but ended up getting this coming Wednesday!! So this weekend I have to put together a presentation with very strict guidelines and pump out a rough draft of my paper, hmmmmmmm can anyone say mental institution!! So anyway I am stressed!! Also when I got home my lovely daughter was still awake and dh was about ready to lock her out of the house. She just went to bed 15 minutes ago and is still screaming!!

Ok enough from me. Sorry I went on forever but sometimes you are the only ladies I feel can relate to what I am going through and it really helps to just know someone is out there reading this and understanding a little. Oh and any stories of mishaps with kids that aren't your own would be greatly appreciated!! I need to know I am human and it's ok to make mistakes!! Ok really need to go. Talk to you all later!!
Bayleysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2004, 07:09 AM   #26  
burned out bus driver

Well, the stupid cat decided at 4 am to wake me up by jumping on the piano......guess she thought her lazy mama had slept way too long and it WAS time to feed her, right?
So, here I am flying on caffiene......did get my WW video in too. Busy day, payday- then Walmart and WW meeting.......then off for my afternoon monsters.....hope everyone is doing fine. Have a great day!
Ginny
Old 11-18-2004, 07:41 AM   #27  
I'm a homeschool mama

starting a new thread.
mamawithdreams is offline   Reply With Quote