Old 11-16-2004, 08:08 AM   #31  
I Can and I Will

GOOD MORNING BEAUTIFULS!!!! 4 points for yesterday... Faye, I understand completely about the situation... it never ceases to amazed me how assinine people can be. The whole... its not mine so why should i care attitude needs to be throw in the garbage along with the trashy people who believe so strongly in it.... i have been on the receiving end of that kind of treatment too many times. But i would never assume that i could do so as well... some people...
I am taking a new allergy medicine and it takes away my hunger... nice side effect...lol but i also cant have any diet coke... it upsets my stomach so badly... so... no more soda... which is alright... i will jsut have to do some more exercise at the time in the afternoon when i get my sleepies...lol
I hope everyone has a great day... take care of u... love you all
Sandy
Sandybrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2004, 10:29 AM   #32  
It is what it is...

Morning all, hope you all are having a good day so far...I am, stayed OP for 8 straight days and had a small binge last night with some buttered popcorn and chocolate, but oh well, today is another day...

SandyGigglez - Aloe juice? Is this something you drink? and where could I find it? I will try anything at this point, the shedding is getting pretty bad, well and of course I need to up my protein...

Faye- Sorry to hear about your neighbors and BELIEVE me I know all about renting neighbors, they do not care about anyone! I have had to deal with it alot in my neighborhood, the ones we have now are definitely the worst, thank God we move in two weeks...I think your note was a good idea, you were too mad to confront them, might have made them do something stupid like you said...

Amanda - Dont worry hon, it will get better, you can do it !!!

Julie - Glad to hear you are roaring to go this week, me too !!!

talk later !!
Satine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2004, 07:55 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 249/215/165

Height: 5/5

Evening sweet chickies! Hope that everyone is fairing well.

Carri, the aloe juice I get is drinkable. I have seen some in WalMart before and I would just bout bet that you could pick it up at GNC. I get mine from a friend who is a dealer in that and other supplements. The juice that I have is sberry kiwi. Not bad at all just remember to keep it in the fridge. My hair is finally not falling out in handfulls. I haven't been drinking it as I should but I am planning getting back into the swing.

Faye, don't blame you at all for writing the note. I have similar problems at my mother house. THere is a church across the road from her house and when it is church time(this church meets on the first weekend of the month) I get blocked it or parking spots is taken all together. THere has been times in the past that we have had to walk home at night(funeral there). I have been tempted to walk in during services but so far I haven't.

Sandy, I think that I would love to have that medcine. Was wondering if you were still planning to be here in KY for turkey day? WOuld be great ifin we could meet.

Eating is slowly gettting back on track and that I am thankful for. Exercising is comming along slowly. Time to get a move on and get some hours called in for the other job. Take care everyone!

sandy
gigglez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2004, 08:26 PM   #34  

http://my.webmd.com/content/article/96/103920.htm

I ran across the articale and wanted to share it with eveyone!
Old 11-17-2004, 05:28 AM   #35  

WEDNESDAY: Today is Wednesday's woes, what can we help you with?

SandyB (sorry Sandy, kept waiting for more people to post their pts!)

later girls

Faye
gma22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2004, 12:08 PM   #36  

Hi Everybody!

I've been freaky busy, no time to post....just thought I'd pop in to say "I'm here and I'm doing ok." I wish I didn't cook so darn well! I eat totally according to taste now. If I cook something yummy, no matter how healthy or low calorie it is, I just want to eat it all!!

Oh well...stay strong everyone. I'll be back when I have more time.
Julie
Mirabelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2004, 06:59 PM   #37  

Really quiet here today. You must all be busy busy busy! Hope you all had a very good day.

My 32nd wedding anniversary is tomorrow and dh is taking me out to dinner, nothing fancy, just a little celebration for the two of us. We had a few "words" tonight about something and I partly understand and partly am frustrated that I don't think he gets it.

As you know, my brother and family were supposed to be here on Sunday and they are now not coming, but I found out from my sister who lives in Indiana not by them. Neither he nor his wife have called and I said something to dh about it being rude and he said he was going to say something to him on Thanksgiving about if he needed a dime to make a phone call. Well, I lost it and told him I didn't want anything said to him at Thanksgiving (they live in Chicago so will just be over for that day to Indiana) I tried to explain to dh that I can't stand having stuff like that at holiday celebrations. I lived with having drunks, confrontations, people disappearing,fights, people getting violent etc every holiday from the time I was about 8 so I just can't take it anymore. Just thinking about it causes me to cry. I lived that life for years and years and it was horrible to the max. He got mad and said, "When are you going to stand up to your family and quit letting them walk all over you? I am not going to let your sisters or brother treat you this way." He just doesn't get the fact that I don't want a HOLIDAY mess not that I care whether or not my brother gets teed off about dh climbing up his behind. I know he never lived that dysfunctional life, but I sobbed when he kept on about it until I got up and cleaned up dishes slamming stuff around and he came in and apologized for upsetting me, but I am still not sure he understands the difference in what I was trying to get across. Do you guys understand where I am coming from or am I not being clear???? It is all over now as he will not say anything. My hope is my dope of a brother does call maybe tonight to say they changed their plans and are not going to Atlanta for Thanksgiving, then it will not be an issue under the surface.

I hope everyone's program is going well. I am hanging in there trying hard to stay close to my program and get exercise in to stay level until the holidays are past. I am stressed right now with that, traveling, keeping my program in the black so to speak and menopause issues that can't be addressed until after the holidays. Luckily, I am sort of sleeping. I never get a full night's sleep but I have periods of about 2 hours that I am sleeping ok. I know that is not good, but it is better than total insomnia.

Everyone have a great evening and I will catch you in the morning!

Faye
Old 11-18-2004, 05:42 AM   #38  

THURSDAY: Today is Time for Us Thursday so give yourself an hour or so and do something just for you!

I will check in later girls

Faye
Old 11-18-2004, 08:50 AM   #39  

Morning ladies!

Sure is quiet. Holiday preparations must be keeping everyone busy.

Faye, I sent you a PM about your "argument" with Jack. Glad it's resolved and Happy Anniversary to you both!

I had a super super 4 point day yesterday! I felt so good, ate much less, got my water in, exercised....and woke up with a ***** of a head cold! Go figure. Oh well, maybe I won't feel like eating today. That would be nice.

I hope everyone is doing well and not letting the holidays stress them out too much. It's way too early for that anyway.

Be back later,
Julie
Old 11-18-2004, 10:18 AM   #40  
It is what it is...

Hi girls!! Just stopping in for a quick "hello" .. my program is going great, have been getting 3 pointers ( just no exercise, unless you call stressing out exercise, ha ha ) ...

Faye - I understand what you are saying but normally my dh and I have the same conversation only my dh is in your role and I am in your husbands...I am outspoken and just tend to want to get to the root of any family problem, my dh likes to keep things nice, but I can appreciate your situation and wanting to keep it nice for the holidays...I hope you have a great anniversary, enjoy going out !!

Julie - Glad to hear your spirits are back up about your program, great job on the 4 pointer, hope you feel better soon !!

Talk to you all later...I close on both houses in 11 days!! Scary...then the stress will be over right??
Satine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2004, 10:23 AM   #41  
I Can and I Will

Good Morning... or is it?? lol I havent been sleeping well these last few days... it seem i only get one or two good nights a week... not good for the psychy...or however u spell it... Im sad and depressed... cant seem to shake it and i dont like it... but i guess this too shall pass. My boys seem to think that whatever i say is somehow negotiable... and most of the time it is... unless i tell them to specifially tell them to do something... like go to bed... man i am so sick of it... then last night i finally get them in bed and hubby calls and wants to talk to them... so i went up to bed ... told them to shut off the lights when they were done. i feel like i have lost my mind... but then again thats somewhat normal for me... got 4 points yesterday... i am going to rearrange the living room today... tehn clean out my closet... so i had better get to it.. have a good day all.. i wil check in later...
Sandy
Sandybrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2004, 11:13 AM   #42  

POINTS POINTS POINTS:

SandyB
Julie
Carri

Carri: I know you are going to be sooooo happy when the houses are all done and you can settle into the new one proper! Then the fun of decorating begins!

SandyB: Just take it slow and easy and things will come back around and be ok. It is really tough doing things by yourself but try hard to be consistent with the boys and not give in even if they drive you nuts. Once they see your weak point they go for the jugular and it's all over!

Julie: Great job with the points. Hope you are back on the straight and narrow now!

DGS won't be here until 11:30 now, dd just called and said she had the time wrong for her meeting. Darn, could have stayed in my jammies for another hour instead of getting dressed! My problem is I HATE bras. They were a terrorist instrument devised by men to get even for something we don't even know we did! I try every way I can not to wear one unless I am in public or if someone is in my home. They may hang to my knees, but I could care less at this point. Half my body hangs below where it is supposed to anyway!

We belong to Netflix and I rented a documentary called Twin Towers and watched it yesterday. Tore my heart out. I originally saw the information on Maury Povitch who produced it so I put it in my Netflix queque and it came yesterday. The documentary won an oscar for a short film and it is very touching. It actually started as a documentary on the ESU part of the NYPD. It focused on a man with a lot of heroism stuff named Joe Vigiano. He and his partners in this ESU (Emergency Sevices Unit I think) and how they did their job, BUT his older brother was a NYFD fireman and his dad is a retired Captain in the NYFD. Both boys were killed in the Trade Center bombing and it went from the original documentary and tied in their dad and the boys. Very sad and tear jerking, but great for your kids to see just what good police and firemen are all about. I recommend renting it and watching as a family.

Rainy here today so no outside. Will do something else to get moving, probably chaising the stinker around Here is a pic of my grandson (his school pic this year. Gorgeous like his Nonny! )

Faye

Last edited by gma22; 11-18-2004 at 01:21 PM.
Old 11-18-2004, 10:55 PM   #43  

evening everyone.

been sick cant hold up my head check it later
Old 11-19-2004, 05:55 AM   #44  

FRIDAY: Today is Fabulous Lbs Down Frfiday. How did we do this week?

sandyG: Hope you get to feeling better soon, sweety. Don't worry about us, take care of you!

later girls

Faye
Old 11-19-2004, 07:51 AM   #45  

Morning Ladies!

First off....3 pounds down!!! WOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOO
I'm at 206, only 2 pounds more till I'm back to square one....

I think this is mainly because I have had such a crappy cold the past two days that I haven't eaten anything. (yesterday I had a bowl of oatmeal, a bowl of yogurt w/flax meal, and a cup of chicken broth....all day!) I decided to sleep in this morning rather than getting up at 4:30 to write. And I feel much better. The sore throat is gone, my head is still stuffy and eyes are watery, but I can live with that. I've been seriously pushing the chewable vitamin C and echinacea....it really helps.

Now, of course, I have to get some serious writing in today. It's so much easier when everyone is asleep!

Sandy--I hope you feel better soon! Don't underestimate what some vitamins, water, and rest can do for you. I'm sure it's tough on you all of a sudden being a single mom. Maybe you should try to get out one night a week just to do something fun. Take a class with a friend, or something. You can't be mom 24/7 without going crazy....trust me, I know!

Faye--I was doing some research on toxins in the body and came across some interesting info on SLS (sodium Lauryl/laureth sulfate). It's the stuff that makes soap, shampoo, and laundry soap foamy. It doesn't clean squat, just foams. Apparently it's on one of the government's lists of dangerous and toxic chemicals but it is EVERYWHERE. Anyway, the main thing it does is cause skin irritation and hair loss, but it also seeps into your body and totally F**Ks up your hormones. It mimics Oestrogen (I've never even heard of that one) and causes some people to have severe pms and menopause symptoms.

The chemical builds up over time and doesn't go away unless you totally stop using products with sls. I thought with your symptoms and being at your wits end and all....maybe it was worth looking at. Maybe it's an internet myth or something, but there were tons of sites all providing the same info. Including government sites. So, who knows? I know you can get non-sls products for about the same price at health food stores, but you have to look at the labels carefully. "All natural" doesn't mean what it used to.

I was only looking this up because I've been interested in making my own chem-free cleaning agents, makeup, skin cremes, etc. Mostly because it's really fun to do, but also because I think the chemical loads in our bodies are a primary cause for alot of illnesses.

Sheesh, didn't mean to rattle on so............time to get the kids to school!

TTFN, hope everyone has some great pounds down to report!
Julie