Old 11-01-2004, 10:47 PM   #16  
GmaTo8

Thumbs up

Aloha, Susan!!!!

Have a great trip, sweetie!! Check in when you can so we know how it's going.

~
Jane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2004, 11:18 PM   #17  
kitty Momo

lol........

Not gone yet Jane..........can I omg a few more times?? lol
omg!! I am going to take a taxi, cost $25. Low price for peace of mind. My co worker flaked out on me and she started talking about "you transfer here and wait" kind of talk and the stress started building........lol.

So, that is pennies.......YAY...........argh.........going to be a looooooog night.

ta ta
Mom2Gaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2004, 03:59 AM   #18  
starting over again......

S/C/G: 261.4/261.4/200

Height: 5'4"

Hello ladies…..how are you all doing?

Jane~ Batton down those hatches, it is suppose to be another windy day! Wow! What a site to see! I am glad that she is okay!

Kathy~ Our Halloween went really well. We had two of my sisters and all of Brandon’s godparents, including the honorary one to take over the other ones spot. (long story there) We did actually dress him up. My sister made him a duck costume. I have pics of him in the costume on his webpage. Which reminds me, I have to get on there and put those pics up and change the background.

Ellen~ I hope you all feel better soon!

Cristi~ I wasn’t really expecting anyone to notice my hair, since after all it isn’t that far off from the color that it used to be. I have decided that once this stuff comes out, that I am not going to dye it again. (that is what I say now. I am sure that it will change by then.)

Aloha Susan!!! Have a great time!!!
tommysgirl18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2004, 08:04 AM   #19  
GmaTo8

Happy Tuesday, ladies!!

Susan - not sure you're reading this before you go or not, but I'm glad you're taking a taxi to the airport. If I lived there, I'd give you a lift myself. Be safe!!

Sue - sounds like a nice lunch with your DD. Yep, she's one busy lady! Hope you find the right fabric today. Do you have a Joanne's Fabrics there?

Cristi - I applaud your determination for weight loss and exercise. I had to get angry about it before I could stick to WW! I'm sorry your SIL and mother were so tackless and hurtful to you. ((((HUGS))))

Mindee - yep, it's been rainy and windy all night. Neal said a cold front is coming through some time today, but hey, it's November. Brandon's Halloween outfit sounds so cute!

Angie and Katy - where are you two??

Hi to the other JLs, and anyone else reading this.

Gonna go vote when Neal gets home early this afternoon. Hope you are voting sometime today as well.

Like I told Mindee, it's rainy and windy, and it almost makes a person want to just stay curled up with a good book. Can't, though. Need to get some things done around the house.

BBL,
Old 11-02-2004, 02:56 PM   #20  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Happy Voting Day Ladies...

Hope everyone is able to get out today vote. DD and I went about 10'ish and I was done in about 15 mns. Took her a little longer. They divided everyone up by the alphabet and my line was shorter.

Susan~Oh I would much rather walk outdoors and like I said the thing with that is once I am down the street I still have to come back so there is no stopping. The treadmill while I like it, I get lazy with it and don't push myself as hard. Didn't realize yesterday how out of shape I am when I got on that thing. It has been too windy the last two days to walk outdoors. I will record my miles walked at the end of the week, which I started on Monday, so Monday I will tally up the miles. Have a GREAT time in HI!! I know you are probably already gone and won't see this but wanted to send well wishes anyway. I'll be thinking about ya.

Mindee~I am going to have to go check out Brandons pics. We had only a few kids for Halloween but some really good costumes. The three actually four I liked best were these two little girls, about 8 or 9 dressed as LaVerne and Shirley-OMG, their costumes were so cute! And very well made. Even had matching bags with the L and S on them, had them on the matching shirts too. Then the little boy next door was a fireman-he saw something in the house he wanted and was wanting in really bad, we don't know what it was though. Then the little boy across the street was dressed as a puppy dog, aaaahhhh, he was adorable! He's about a year old and the one next door is about 1 1/2 to 2, not really sure. We are having the strong winds here also and it is cold, had to turn the heat on and I have the fireplace going, so nice. Except that I am in the basement...

Jane~I think SIL said that because back then she was only about 110 lbs and she is only about 5 ft tall, if that, really short. But she got hers in the end, literally. She now is over 150 lbs. and my brother tells her she needs to lose weight. I told him that is mean to say that and to be honest she doesn't really look like it, 150 lbs. She was telling me about this and I told her there is nothing wrong with the way she looks and there's not, not weight wise. But I guess now she knows how it feels to be told you are fat and I don't hold it against them, SIL and mother, never have.

Anyway...same old stuff, different day...nothing going on. Went to vote and run to JC Penneys and a couple of other errands and that is my day. Need to get a walk in and think I will watch some tv and sit in front of the fire. Have some BD cards to get ready to be mailed. Take care ladies and have a good day.

Last edited by FrouFrou; 11-02-2004 at 03:01 PM.
FrouFrou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2004, 03:32 PM   #21  

Height: 5'1"

Afternoon ladies!!

MMMM.....I woke up to the smell of a roast in the oven! I have not had to cook in quite some time. I love it when James cooks! (he takes more time to prepare and make something worthwhile, as I just pop something in that is fast)

Susan--You're probably no where near a computer and won't be all week.. just wanted to let you know that I hope you have a safe trip over and an absolutely wonderful time spent with a sweetheart of a man!!

Cristi--What ever it is that your'e working on I hope it works. I'm sure you'll have great results. I am so needing to work out more. That is my major problem right now. I've been talking to James about getting my gym membership back.....need to do something. Family can be hurtful sometimes when it comes to sensitive subjects. I grew up skinny, but had a step-mom who used to tell me that she hopes that I grow up to be fat and worthless. (I was shocked when she said that) Then after I had my son in highschool, I was only 110lbs. but I had the baby pooch....my ex would constantly tell me to lose weight because I was too fat. SHEESH! I couldn't win anywhere! I didn't have any issues with my weight until Jhanai was about 2. I had gotten depressed and gained lots of weight....now it's just hard to keep off! And I still here these comments in my head when I look in the mirror. I wonder if I do lose to my goal weight if I will feel happy??

Jane--OMG!! Poor Katie!! I would have panicked so much I don't know if I would have made it home!! She didn't have a phone to call? I'm so glad to hear that she is ok. And so glad that she wasn't on the highway!! So.....does she get a new car after this???

Sue--I have not seen Thomas the Tank stuff in quite some time. A few years ago, they had something going on for Thomas the Tank at some railroad area in some town up North.....something fun for the kids. I made sure I told a friend at work to take his son who was a HUGE fan of Thomas. They had lots of fun.

Jen--Hope you get used to working full time. It was hard for me to just go to work after a year of not working! Dragging my feet!! Plus.....I so miss the 4 on and 4 off schedule that Sony had. Sure wish I could have those hours and days back!! My weekends seem so short now!

Afternoon to the rest of you girls.

The wind is blowing like crazy! I have leaves that are flying all over the place. It's been getting cold here at nights. When I drive home, it's in fog. And I hate that. I'd rather have fog than rain though. Having both really is terrible! I drive so slow when it's like that it seems like it takes me hours to get home!!

Not much going on here. I need to mail some bills and then figure out my budgetting. ***sigh*** what fun eh?

You all have a wonderful Tuesday.
Marti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2004, 06:46 PM   #22  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

Well, I won't have much to say today. We went out and voted this morning then caught a bite to eat at a nearby cafe. Ran errands, paid bills and got money for our trip.
It is rainy and gray again so we have just been lazy most of the day. DH is a big political nut so he is glued to the t.v. I was watching, but I am too nervous about how this election will turn out. Had to get out of there for a few minutes.
I ended up not going to look for fabric today as I have to go to town tomorrow anyway. Make one trip do.
Instead I cleaned out my bathroom sink and got rid of old make-up and gunk I had in there. Got some things ready to pack also.
We had to make a list for the condo people of what we would want in our unit and then a list of questions to ask them. Have a meeting on Thurs. I am not even getting excited about the prospect since there are a few issues I doubt if they will have the right answers for. lol. attractive on the surface however.
Might talk later!

And here I rambled on........

Last edited by suetalks; 11-02-2004 at 06:58 PM.
suetalks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2004, 08:18 PM   #23  

Well, the football game last night was a bomb. My not-so-mighty Dolphins lost 41-14. Now they are 1-7 for the season. But that's actually a good thing when the coach needs to get fired!!! I'm so bad!

I'm nervously watching the polls tonight. I even got up 1/2 an hr earlier today so I could vote before work. Last night on the NBC news they said they had figured 33 ways the election could go where it would be an even tie 269 each and no winner. Just what we needed to hear!

Now if I can just get up earlier on every other day to say, do a couple sit-ups, take a walk, hmmmm, just imagine!

What is going on? Is it rainy and windy everywhere? Seems like I can't get the yard work done because of one or the other. Tonight I picked up piles of wet leaves in the dark.

Sue - good luck with your meeting with the condo people. Buying or selling real estate is always such a nightmare. Realtors are right up there with lawyers and morticians on my list of favorite people!

Marti - I've been debating on renewing my gym membership too. I think first I'm going to check out the second hand exercise equipment store and see what the selection is like, and what the prices are. Having it at home in front of my tv is much more convenient.

Cristi - Your trick or treaters sound cute. I didn't see too many really neat costumes, but one little girl, about 2 probably (I'm terrible with kids ages and what they look like, etc) was a cute little lady bug. I can't wait to hear what you are doing and your results too. Never say last ditch effort though.

Jane - Yes, I am probably going to have to make an appt to get my car checked out. Not sure when, with my schedule, but I'll find somewhere open in the evening that does free estimates, and play dumb blond. Guys love to come to my rescue! "Gee, I just don't know what that noise could be. Could it be my breaks???" It did stop making the noise though. Maybe it fixed itself?

Well, it looks like everyone is running errands and paying bills today. I have to figure out my check book. I think I missed one of my debit transactions. There's not as much money as I thought I had. It's bound to happen every once in a while. Especially when I don't balance my checkbook!

Jen
Dolphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2004, 08:25 PM   #24  
Give me strength

S/C/G: 299/261/250

Sorry guys I will do more after,,,just to let you all know Im around just been busy

Kathy YES I AM near there......10 minutes. are you going to be there soon ? Cause if so ,,,call me or email me
PM for details....

Jane,,,,poor Katie,,,I would of been shook up too...she ok now?

I will do more I promise after I read everything tonight,,,rehearsals and such
Chow
Angie
da fat n da furious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2004, 08:08 AM   #25  
GmaTo8

Good morning, ladies!!

Cristi - we stood in line at the polls for almost an hour, and one of the workers said it was the slackest part of the day! One of my "neighbors" came in right after us, so we chatted the whole time.

Marti - no, Katie didn't have a cell phone with her! She hardly ever used hers, and so we let it lapse, saying she could take mine when she needed it. She WILL be getting a new one this week!! Her car is fixable, and is something her dad can do this weekend, but in the meantime, she's at the mercy of her buds to get a ride home from school. She's rather die than take the bus, lol.

Sue - hope you find your fabric today. Yes, it's rainy still, and makes me want to just close all the blinds and stay home.

Jen - I also like working out at home. Using the treadmill is much harder than walking outside, but I like that. And having it in front of a TV makes the walk go by quickly. I'm thinking of putting a weight bench in the same room, for my upper arms. They are so flabby!!

Angie - glad you popped in for a minute... how're rehearsals going?

Katy - I'm about to send out the FBI to find you.... uh, make that Angie instead, lol. She'd probably locate you quicker than the FBI, lol.

Shanna - wish you could find a moment sometime to pop in. We miss you.

Hello to all the other JLs out there.

Thank you all so much for the caring thoughts sent to my Katie! She is ok now, and I do thank God for that!!! Not much going on today... BBL.
Old 11-03-2004, 08:45 AM   #26  
Not Giving Up

Height: 5'9"

Good Morning Everyone.

Well I have so much to do in the next few weeks, I hope that I can get it all done. I have to find out what company supplies the utilities to the new house and get everything ready to change over for the 15th. It is different companies than the ones that supply the services in the city. Then we have 12 days, so we can pack up and move. We are all excited.

Susan I hope that you had a good flight.

Jane glad Katie is ok. Even my hubby commented on the picture when he saw it. Glad your hubby can fix it. Is she asking for a new car? Kristi is counting the days until she is 16 and can get her license.

Angie my Aunt lives there and I am hoping to come up soon and spend the weekend with them and go Christmas shopping. I will definately call you. Maybe I will have to time it so that I can come and watch you perform. Do you get Nov 11 off or do you have to work?

Marti how was the roast? Mark does most of the cooking here. He gets home alot sooner than I do, and he is just better at it than I am. I can cook but he....Creates.

Cristi what a great idea. Keeping track of your miles. Maybe I should join you in that. You are such a sweetheart, that you are able to encourage your sil and not hold things that are said to you against them.

Mindee how is everything going today?

Ellen I hope that you are feeling better.

Jen, is it kind of a creaking grinding noise that your car is making, and it does it more when you turn a corner? If so please get it checked as it could be the cv joint on the axel. That is what was wrong with our car.

Sue I see that your DH will still be glued to the tv, as the internet said this morning that you still don't have a declared winner.

Hello to all the other JL. Hope everyone has a great day today.
luckycharm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2004, 12:24 PM   #27  
One day at a time

Hiya Ladies~

Marti~send James this way so he can cook for us would ya? Vince would cook but he works so much. Don't feel right about asking him to. But if I were working and he was actually home at dinnertime he would definitely help out. I just think that James is such a sweetie to cook for you. How is his job going? Is he liking it?

Kathy~you guys will be in your new house for the holidays, what fun! Yeah, I don't really see any point in holding anything against them for what they said it was so long ago and I think sometimes we all say something we regret. I don't really have a close relationship with my family, not because of that but other things, and distance.

Angie~miss ya around here. Hope you get some time to post soon.

Jen~I know I shouldn't have said that, but I feel like one way or another this will be it. I'm either going to lose or quit trying because I can't live my life trying to lose weight. There is so much more to do than to focus on that all the time. Sometimes I think it would just be easier to just starve myself than to deal with loggin everything, counting points, calories etc. So for me it really is a last ditch effort.

Jane~seems the lines were long in a lot of places, especially the early morning and the early evening. I know a lot of people were going either before or after work. I figured too they would go at lunchtime so figured 10 would be good.

Have to run to the post office real quick and get stamps and the grocery store to get a couple of things I forgot to get at Wal-Mart. Was trying to get it done fast and didn't have a list with me. Some days I just hate to go grocery shopping. Anyway, I have tons of laundry to do today so I better get going and get things done. It is such an ugly day today, cold, cloudy, windy and drizzling-just dreary. Anyway, have a good day ladies.
Old 11-03-2004, 03:43 PM   #28  
kitty Momo

Ok,,,,,,,,,who is praying for me???

Has been going like clock work , I know some prayers are being said.....

Plane trip was a breeze, you be proud of me. Didn't take any medications or anything.

Having a grand time, met the man of my dreams...........I love him, He is sooooo sweet to me.
Went and bought me Kona coffee and a coffee maker. He doesn't drinking coffee himself.....

gotta go!! I did make it safe and am having a dream......lol

Got your addie Angie, thanks
Mom2Gaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2004, 03:54 PM   #29  

Hey All,

Hope everyone is having a good day, just got in from work, getting ready to do some schoolwork, but figured I would say hello to all first!!!!
Been working a lot lately, and havent been watching myself that great...Not working out much either..I really feel like a slack off, gotta get off my butt and get back into it!!!
JANE: glad to hear Katie's alright, that must be a real scare!!
SUSAN: Glad to hear that your trip was worth the wait, hope it all works out

Hi to all the other Jaded Ladies, will check be later
Julie
jewels2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2004, 03:59 PM   #30  
One day at a time

Oh Susan, I have been praying for you silly girl all along. Only want the best for you and for you to be happy, which it sounds like you are. So glad to hear you made to HI fine and in one piece. Now why in the heck are you checking in here when you could be with the man of your dreams??? I am glad to hear you are having a fabulous time! But then who wouldn't with such a sweet man and being in a gorgeous place?! Take care and tell Rocky Hi.

Jane~I was thinking about your loss and was just curious how many sizes you have gone down, if you don't mind my asking. Also, once you reach goal will you have the surgery to remove excess skin, if there is any. I don't know anything about it-don't know anyone who has lost 100 pounds or more, except Susan. Did you have the surgery Susan? I was watching some shows on the Health Channel where women have had the surgery and was just curious if everyone has to have it. Anyway, you will be there before you know it and that is going to be a grand day-new wardrobe-hubba, hubba!

Was just checking in to see how everyone's day is going. I want to be in HI with Susan, or just be there period. This weather sucks big time. I am sooooo not ready for winter. Today would have been a great chili day-oh bummer-forgot to get stuff to make it. That's what happens when you don't make a list.

Take care ladies

Last edited by FrouFrou; 11-03-2004 at 04:04 PM.