Old 11-01-2004, 03:49 PM   #31  
I'm a homeschool mama

Penny, sounds like fun. A nice get away. Those hotels are SOOOO nice. The Venetian is amazing. Did you see the laser light show?

Spryng, all I can think of is teeth. Maybe the molars. That's a high fever. Does he tend to run higher fever anyways. When Alisa runs a fever it ALWAYS gets high. At one point when she was little her fever had gotten around 104 but no other symptons, it was bronchitis and inner ear infections. The doc didn't catch it, I had to take her to the ER. She had no coughing or nothing, I couldn't figure it out. Hope he gets better.

Okay, dh is better. I guess he got out a while and it helped. He's in a much better mood so that makes things nicer. I'm grilling thin T-bones for dinner on my George Foreman grill and I don't know what else.

I didn't get a nap in, dh had gotten home and I had to get lunch going. Okay, talk to you later.
mamawithdreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2004, 04:09 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

Height: 5'4"

Penny great pics!! I love them and you look fabulous! Hubby wants me to pay pal you on friday since I spent 200 bucks on the ER visit today. Will that be okay?

Okay names are drawn, I want everyone to know that I drew names fair and square out of a bowl without looking

Now, its up to you all, do you want this to be kept secret or would you like me to post the names list on the msn group page? the first 3 posts telling me what they would like to do majority wins

I'll be waiting
Michelle
MichelleRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2004, 05:07 PM   #33  
Curves 6-week solution

S/C/G: 159/159/135

I don't think it should be secret. Lets just know who everyone has. BBL for a long post, need to get dinner started.
Bayleysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2004, 05:54 PM   #34  

come on ladies I need two more votes before I will post or PM the results of the drawing
Old 11-01-2004, 06:13 PM   #35  
Curves 6-week solution

S/C/G: 159/159/135

ya hurry up guys I want to see who I got!!!!
Bayleysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2004, 06:45 PM   #36  
I'm a homeschool mama

I don't think it should be a secret either. Others can help us decide if we need input. Just my thoughts.
Old 11-01-2004, 06:56 PM   #37  

okay 2 votes out of 3 possible so majority wins here is the list of who got who:

Crystal give to Leigh
Penny give to Kristin
Cindi give to Mel
Ginny give to Chris
Leigh give to Deana
Michelle give to Spryng
Geri give to Ricci
Jill give to Geri
Deana give to Crystal
Spryng give to Penny
Mel give to Cindi
Kristin give to Michelle
Chris give to Jill
Ricci give to Ginny

Okay thats the list only two people got drawn to give to the same person they were receiving from and that is Mel and Cindi
Old 11-01-2004, 07:04 PM   #38  
I'm a homeschool mama

Okay Michelle, can you give the rules once more? Is there a date to do this by? $ amount? Does that exclude shipping costs? Do you have a list of everyone's address or do we need to ask them? You know everything I'm sure you've stated and I just didn't catch.
Thanks
Old 11-01-2004, 07:08 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Good evening all!

Michelle, I'm so excited about this gift swap!!! Ok, so now when do we do this?? Thanks so much for putting the names together, you're the best!

Crystal, I didn't think about teeth. I mean, SIL and her kids have strep right now so I guess I thought it might be that, but he isn't complaining of a sore throat or anything. So it's so hard for me to tell. But his fever has been down since nap time so maybe it's over? I hope so. And no, he doesnt run that high of a fever, ever, so it scared me a little but I knew it was so high because he wouldn't take any medicine and as soon as the motrin started working it brought it down right away. So glad your dh is in a better mood tonight.

Penny, loved all the pics!!! Someday I hope to go to las vegas, looks like fun. See any prostitutes?? I hear they are all over the place.

Ok, guess I will get off here. Dinner was good. It was a very hearty stew so it filled me up quick. OK, TTYL!
spryng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2004, 07:29 PM   #40  

Okay rules again

1. If something comes up and you won't be able to provide a gift for your person please let me know so we can cover bases. It wouldn't be fair for one person to not receive a gift so if you can't do it, it is very important to let me know.

2. I would like to see that everyone receives their package by the 10th of December so please send them out a week before the 10th (the 3rd of December)

3. I would like to have a group friendship swap day...a day we can all post what we received from our swapper and ooo and ahhh and all that jazz. Preferably I would like to have this event on the 10th of december and perhaps we can all set a time to chat in the chat room at that time?....Let me know....

4. Okay I don't really want to set a limit because to me friendship has no limits but at the same time I don't want anyone feeling bad because they aren't able to spend as much money as the next person. So, that being said, the limit is minimum ten maximum 20 and that includes shipping. Does that sound fair to everyone?

5. I would like our gifts to reflect our friendship to one another so please if you don't have any clue as to what your person would like, ask them questions, get personal, get creative

6. Have fun with this! It isn't meant to be a burden but a fun thing amongst a group of friends.

Anyone want to make any amendments to the rules?
Old 11-01-2004, 07:45 PM   #41  

Oh yeah I have most everyones address in fact I think I have all of them so I will give out addresses when it gets close to time
Old 11-01-2004, 08:10 PM   #42  
**Kristin**

yippee!!! That sounds so fun !! I am so excited about the swap! who-hoo! The only thing that I could think of, is taking pics of what we got from the other person. I don't have a digital (maybe by then I will! ) but that would be nice!

Spryng - I hope its not strep, that is so tough for little ones, did you check his tonsils, inflammed? white spots? poor guy..hope he feels better! oh yes, forgot to tell you...TOM has FINALLY ARRIVED! JUst cross your fingers that it stays and everything gets back to normal

Michelle - So I noticed in your "picture" the other day that you were drinking a shake of some type...I was thinking that I would get you some of those for our exchange....what flavor is your favorite!?!?? I'm evil I know.....I am so excited...I have to go back and read about what you like so I can start coming up with some ideas!

Crystal - Glad that dh is over the tantrum.....men are babies some times! Hope you can stay on course with the house progress!

Penny - HI! Walcome back! I forgot you were on vacation! Glad that you had a great time! Pics were great!

Mel - your home looks so beautiful with all the fall leaves...those pictures of the children were priceless as well!

HI to the rest of you! sorry dh is calling and wanting to talk about some thing "important"......I will get back to the rest of you hopefully tonight, if not, tomorrow morning for sure!
sydsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2004, 08:11 PM   #43  
I'm a homeschool mama

Okay, Michelle, the rules sound fine to me. I'm very, very limited on funds but I so badly wanted to participate because this forum and these ladies have been so awesome to me. I hope to be around for a long time to come. I'll do the best I can.
I'll try to catch Leigh when she's around and chat with her a bit. Thanks for doing all this for us and I know this will turn out to be a great 1st annual friendship swap between desperate housewives.
Spryng, I know that was a high fever but belive it or not, at least I believe, that kids run fever sometimes for almost no reason at all. At bubba's age I would very likely say teething especially those molars. I'm glad the fever is gone.
Hello to everyone else out there. We didn't get to do anything on the house today because it's too wet and they're calling for more showers tomorrow. After that it looks sunny and dry so we'll see. But the pour has been postponed and I'm not sure when. Possibly Saturday, or Friday if we don't get much tomorrow. But once the slab is down, the rest should go great even if it rains. It's just a trying experience. Dh and I are losing contact it seems. We are both so tired at the end of the day or else we stay up late talking about the house and plans and such. I'm hoping tonight we can spend some quality time together but we'll see.
I don't know if I'll be back later or not, so I may see you all in the morning.
TTYL
Old 11-01-2004, 08:37 PM   #44  

Hey everyone. Friendship swap stuff sounds great!!!! Michelle, thanks so much for organizing it.

Penny, great pics.

Thanks to all for the nice pic's comments.

Gym was good. I was tired though. did a bit of shopping and visited my friend. I didn't get home till 8pm. Ughh. Tired and have to get Bugga to bed. He's too wound up still. TTy in the a.m.
melmcc99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2004, 09:14 PM   #45  
Jeniqua

Hello Ladies!!

Crystal~ Hubby and I will be married 6 years on Feburary 13th. My husband told me it bugs him when I act like I don't care and just let it go. I just don't like to say anything because I don't want to argue in front of the kids. My husband always apologizes. I've learned to just let him have his pity party and he'll come around. I'm glad he apologized!

Spryng~ Could your son be teething?? My son has been very miserable the last couple of days. He tries to eat and drink but cries after he takes a couple of bites and says he doesn't want it. He hasn't been running a temp though..He's been rubbing his ears alot but I don't think he could have an ear infection because he has tubes in his ears, can he?? He's 2 1/2. About the fevers, you need to make sure you keep it down..When my kids get a fever of 104 they go into seizures. I would keep giving him the meds until he has no fever at all..trust me a seizure is very scary..

Penny~ I'm glad you had a great time on your trip!! I loved the pics! I am a certified daycare provider. I do know the hymelic and CPR but when it's your child it's totally different. I don't know what comes over me, I just freeze and freak! I know I have to do it but initally panic takes over.
sharqueen76 is offline   Reply With Quote