Old 10-21-2004, 11:45 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Hello again!

Ok, I was adding some new recipes to our mom's losing weight board and I wanted to run something by you all. Would any of you be interested in a recipe review each week?? We could pick one day a week (say friday for example) and go to the mom's losing weight board and pick out one new recipe to try (if you are on a different plan than those on that board just add your own new recipe there under the appropriate thread) then we all try our new recipe on then on the message board we can post how we liked it etc. What do you think?? I thought this would be a great way to try new things and to also give feedback on the recipes there. So let me know what you all think and we can start this next week.

Leigh, thanks for re-posting those links for me! I'm going to check into that today! I think it may be something I can do!

Michelle, yes I am excited about having dh home every night. The only problem is we are going to have to buy a second vehicle because if I get hired then he won't be able to drive the van back and forth to work and he really needs something better on fuel anyway. Which my van isn't, lol. But I know we can work all that out later.

Elisa, tell me more about this Fat Flush diet. Is it low fat?? What is a typical day like for you? Sounds very interesting. And a shopping spree in London!? That is an amazing reward!!! London is only something I'll ever dream about.

Ok, gonna get off here now. TTYL!
spryng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2004, 12:10 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 256/202.5/135

Height: 5'3"

LOL!! okay I am blonde, it took me a bit to figure out who the heck Tom was!! doh!

Mel: where or how do you find the time to work out with two little ones? do you have someone who can watch the kids or does your gym offer daycare??

Crystal: ugh I so hear you one kids sharing a room....my two shared a room up until earlier this year....while it is better now that they are in separate rooms...I have a new problem.....since June my now 4 yr old has shown up in our room everysingle night....if I wake up I bring her back to her room and brace myself for the 30 minute fit....but usually I dont wake up!! so that kills any sort of consistancy.....ugh...so you are building a new house or adding on?

Leigh: thanks for the links...I will check out that plan tonight! and happy birthday to your son!! what did you get him??

Spryng: wow! congrats on being at goal!! wow! any words of wisdom for those of us at the begining of the battle??
I am very sorry about your FIL, I hope he is doing well.

Well off to the pumkin patch shortly......it is carving time this weekend. I am going to go out tomorrow and buy a scale......ours broke at the beginning of the summer and I KNOW I am heavier now and just dread getting one....but I need to see the small losses in order to keep motivated........ugh....so you all plug your ears tomorrow morning as I am sure there willl be a loud scream coming from NH!!

Anway...will check in later.....have a good one!
kandie60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2004, 12:17 PM   #18  
SAHM ?!? of 4............

Good Morning Ladies!!!

Spryng: Oh My Goodness! I almost cried when I read your post about dh getting the position. I am sooooooo happy for you both! Still keeping my fingers crossed for you on your job. We would miss you terribly but we know you have to do what's best for you and your family. Hope fil is much better today. That's soooo scary. Keep us informed. Btw, I like the beige idea for the living room, or maybe an eggshell. Too dark will make the room look smaller. As far as wall treatment, what about a border half way up the wall? Glad Tanner slept better last night. Hopefully he'll feel better today. I would be interested in trying the review board, although I can't guarantee I would be able to each week, especially on a certain day because our schedule is different every week with dh's work and time I get home from scouts. But I'll give it a shot.

Leigh: Thank you for the congrats. I more or less brought up the subject and volunteered for it. The Cubmaster tried to talk me out of it a little, saying he didn't want me to get in too deep, but I just told him that my life pretty much revolves around scouting and I would be more than happy to do it. We had a lady that was going to do it last year and ducked out before anything was accomplished so it was a rough year. And this is something that needs to get started very soon so we can get the events scheduled and get the committees working them now. I am so sorry, I guess I got confused and thought Liam's birthday was today so HAPPY late BIRTHDAY LIAM!!!!!!!!! Sounds like your step plan is working great, keep it up!

Michelle: Hope you get to feeling better today. My ear is still stuffy but has been draining so hopefully that means it's getting better.

Crystal: Hope that Singulair starts working for Andrew so you can both rest better. Wow, what a house for 3 ppl. Wish I had one that size for 6 of us. Glad dh is going to get started this weekend. When is Alisa's girl scout meeting?

Elisa: Welcome to the thread. I'm Deana, sahm to Erik 16 (working on his Eagle Scout), Andrew 8 (Bear Cub, I am Asst. Leader), Matthew 7 (Wolf Cub, I am Leader) and Abby 4 (preschool 3 days a week). I am also now Committee Chairperson for the Pack of about 35 scouts and their families. Wow that looks like so much in print! On top of that I also act as Room Mother at school for all the parties they have. A trip to London to shop? Too Cool!!! with your plan. Be sure to check in often here, we chat quite alot and we are here to support you.

Kathy: Welcome as well. See above for who I am! (don't wanna type that again ) with your goals! I am losing my limiting calories, daily food log, atleast 100 oz of water a day and excercise. Be sure to check in often. And yes the little losses help keep the motivation going.

Chris: Hope you have a great day at work!!! How is Nichole feeling today, better I hope!

Ok, now I'm going to have to go get me one of those tickers too. They are so neat. And I think it will help with motivation as well because I will want to see the mark on the right so badly!

Today is Wolf cubs and I have a couple things to get ready for that so I'll check back in later.

TTYL
Deana1113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2004, 12:21 PM   #19  
Curves 6-week solution

S/C/G: 159/159/135

Height: 5'4"

Hello all you desperate housewives out there!! LOL I thought that was super cute when I read it. Anyway yesterday was kind of a crazy day so even though I lurked a little I didn't have much time to post. I'm going to TRY and keep this one brief too since I need to get my butt to the gym. Anyway I have mostly been OP this week with the exception of Tuesday. I was soooooooooooo bad that day and it is showing up on the scale today. I peeked just too see how bad that damage has been and I was 3 pounds up!! So the goal for today is 100 oz of water or more and OP!! We'll see if I can get those 3 pounds off by tomorrow. I hate it when I sabotage myself like that. Oh well I am back on track now.

I have my crappy class tonight so I am NOT looking forward to it. However as soon as I get through it I will be off for the weekend already, this week went soooooooooooo fast!! Kind of good but kind of bad since my rough draft of my 15-20 page paper is due in less than 4 weeks!! AHHHHHHHH

Ok there was lots of news last night and today so I will try to address everyone.

Hi Elisa I'm Jill SAHM (desperate housewife LOL) to Bayley 13 months. I'm doing the WW CORE plan and exercising at the gym. I know you will love it here, these girls are great!

Hi Kathy great to have you too!! Stay with us and you will do great!!

Geri sorry about TOM

Mel have a great workout!!

Michelle YAY about the Red Sox!!! I can't wait to watch the View today since Star has to dress up as one of the guys and sing "center field" I'm going to crack up! I'm going to watch it at the gym while I am doing cardio, I just hope no one watches me since I will probably be laughing! LOL I'm going to go get one of those tickers too I think. Hope school is going well for you!

HAve fun at work Chris!

Crystal I was excited you like my suggestion for Allisons middle name. What did dh think? Cool about your friends house, that is awesome they got it for so cheap. People here in Oregon dont get houses that big for less than 350,000. That's why I will probably never have one! LOL

Leigh HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO LIAM!!!! I was totally psyched about Bayleys party and nervous too! It's funny how we get when it comes to our little angels.

Spryng that is so exciting about dh!!!!! I read it last night and was so happy for you and then dh came in to see what I was excited about and he was reading your post and was like "oh that's cool he got a local route" I thought it was funny that he was excited too! I'm wishing you luck on that job too, it sounds soooooooooooo great. What will the kids do if you go to work, SIL? It would be great to have some extra money coming in, huh?

Ok I really need to get to the gym. Sorry if I missed anyone or any important posts but if I don't leave soon I won't go so I will TTYL!!!
Bayleysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2004, 12:36 PM   #20  
I'm a homeschool mama

Jill, they did get a great deal on the house. Dh didn't care for Crystal as the middle name, but again said whatever I want. But I don't want to name it something that he doesn't like. So for now it's Allison...we'll figure the rest out later. At least I can refer to her as Allison and not the baby!!! Okay, make it through class tonight and you'll be free for a few days, just some motivation sent your way.

Deana, the next girl scout meeting is next Thursday. It'll be our first one.

Kathy, not only do I have two in one room, I have all three in one room. And with 3 twin beds, they're side by side so there's "she's hitting me", "she pulled my hair", etc. etc. etc. We are building a new home right in front of this one. This is a two bedroom, 1 bath, about 800 sq. ft. home and we're building a 2100 sq. ft home with 4 bedrooms and an office. 2 baths. So we're getting started this weekend, we're doing it all ourselves so it'll take a little longer, but be worth the savings. We're hoping to get into it end of March and the new baby, Allison will be about 8 weeks or so. ANyways, that's what we've been wanting for quite a while now and finally we're getting to do it. Sorry about your 4 yo, my 22 month old suffers from asthma and has never ever been a good sleeper. sometimes we have a good night but most of the time I get about 5 or 6 hours of sleep with many interruptions. Hope your finding it comfortable here.

Okay, just had lunch and dh is getting ready for a meeting so when he leaves we'll get naps, hopefully.
TTYL
mamawithdreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2004, 12:43 PM   #21  
soontobethin

Good morning.
Welcome Kathy and Elisa. I am Ricci (pronounced Ricki) sahm to two boys,Eric 6 and RJ 4. I am going to cosmotology school at night.
Spryng, congrats on your dh getting that job.
To all of you Red Sox fans, I am happy that they beat the yankees, and I will cheer for them......if the Cardinals lose tonight.
Well, all, my cousin ended up losing her baby. Her and her dh have been trying for 3 years. They had started the adoption paperwork, and then she found out she was pregnant. They are devestated. Just keep them in your thoughts.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY LIAM.
Just so you all know, working on real people is much easier than manequins. It is alot of fun. Not much going on here. Eric's teacher told me the other day that she put his name in for the gifted program here. She says he's really smart, and needs more difficult work to do. Gotta work on that now. Have a great day.
need2losemore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2004, 12:51 PM   #22  

Hey All, nice to see everyone posting.....Where r u Penny? Funny, we are all changing our tickers.

Please note: My ticker is my challange by Thanksgiving. I have to lose 6lbs by then. I felt that ticker was cute for that!

Anyway, my workout was great. 25minutes of cardio and 1 hour of PT! I'd better see some what of a loss, but If I dont' I know it's muscle. I am watching what I eat and exercising daily. SHould be no problem at all!

Spryng, I am so sorry about your FIL. That's terrible. Please keep us posted and I will keep him in my thoughts and prayers!

Kathy, my dd has school 3 full days per week. So, I drop her off at 830 a.m. and head straight for the gym with ds. He goes in the nursery with all the other kids his age. It's a good time to go, because all the kids are under 3. The big kids are in school. DD does gymnastics there one day when she doesn't have school and the other dd goes in with ds to the nursery. They like it there, so that helps. It finally clicked in my head and I am going at it full force. I have hired a personal trainer and I am working my butt offf......I hope...lol. Glad you could join us!

JIll, sorry, you have that crummy class today! IM me later if ya see me. I haven't chatted with ya in a while.

Michelle, hope you feel better soon. Sore throats stink big time!

Leigh. Happy birthday again to Liam. What do you have planned for today? How many steps so far?

Deana, I had to get a new ticker too. They are soo cute!

HEy again Crystal. Did dh start on the house yet? you should take pics of the progress as it goes. Would be cool to see.
melmcc99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2004, 01:03 PM   #23  
Ready for ACTION!!!

Default Hey chicks

Do you think my card has come in yet? HECK NO!!

Anyway, I have been working really hard at getting the kids on an evening routine and it's wearing me out. Whew! They are fighting me every step of the way!

Spryng, congrats on the job news for DH! How cool! Hope you get yours too!

Crystal, congrats on your girl. If I had to pick an a name, I'd go for the less common names, too. I like Amelia, Ansleigh, a friend has a girl named Annabeth...I love it. But I like Allison, too.

I'll be back, Christian just made a mess for me to clean
BIGtimeLOSER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2004, 01:51 PM   #24  
**Kristin**

HEy ladies a quick hello from me again....loved the new ticker site, so I got one! I am 2 lbs down this week! WHO-HOO! Love the new name, it is so fun! I got offered a position at the Payless Shoes here about 2 blocks from my house! WHO-HOO! I am excited to have a fun job to get out of the house and make some money for x-mas......and I can stop tellinh everyone yes to watch their kids all the time! LOL! THat is why I was missing so far most of this week! I promise I will cathc up! I have to run about 5 places and then get the girl home for a nap, then I can come adn chit chat! I miss you guys!

just a few things real quick!
Spryng - I am so excited for you and your family. Like Deana, I about cried when I read it, you are have a such a wonderful family...you all deseve the comforts that this job will bring! You can still call me anytime though about anything! that goes for all of you! If you call my cell phone, I'm telling ya, you will get a hold of me! LOL! Home phone is a different story..."stay at home mom" is a joke! I am the new at home mom! LOL, glad that we changed the name! Michelle - love your border around your name, and to answer you, no TOM, doctors visit is next, calling today,....I am going to demand them to do all the tests they can before just inducing a period, I want a blood test and a sonogram just to make sure nothing is wrong...I just found out that ectopic pregnancies are common in my family! Plus I am getting dizzy occasionally! so that is that! TO everyone else, I love you, and I will be back....I need to get my butt in gear today...a little while ago..without even thinking I ate a fun size snickers bar and just as i was chewing the last bite I Was like 'what in the h are you doing to yourself??" I guess old habits die hard! LOL! I"m learning though! Everyone have a great day! Love to you all! TTYL!
sydsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2004, 01:59 PM   #25  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

S/C/G: 208/162/135

Height: 5' 2.5"

Hi Ladies...

I am here, not sure if I am desperate or not..

Just super busy getting everything ready for the trip.

Welcome to the new ladies

Spryng,
Congrats to dh on the job! WooHoo!

Hope everyone is having a great on plan day! Love to you lots!

Gonna go snag me one of those tickers....hehe!

Ps Jill, the hair is gettin done tomorrow!
mompen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2004, 02:13 PM   #26  
Walking away the weight

Hi all. Liam is kind of fussy today I think his tummy is bothering him, but I don't think he's coming down with anything. I'm pretty sure he ate something that doesn't quite agree with him. But right now he seems sleepy again, so maybe he'll get another nap in.

Thanks everyone for the Birthday wishes!

Spryng- any news on your FIL yet?

Kathy, what kind of scale do you think you'll get - digital? Have fun finding one We got Liam a bunch of outer wear that he needs. An attacable stroller blanket, polar fleece jcket, hats, gloves, booties . . . I assume he'll get plenty of toys, etc. from the grandparents and friends.

Deana- it sounds like you have a strong commitment to the scouts- that's so nice! And Liam's Birthday is today. I changed my ticker last night because I had some free time (which is never guaranteed!).

Jill- what class do you have tonight? Sorry it's not good . . . do you like the topic for your paper? Hope you havee a good workout.

Crystal- the new house plans sound soooo nice! I kind of wish I could see the plans LOL.

Ricci- I'm so sorry about your cousin's baby! My thoughts are with her, her DH and your family I'm glad you're enjoying the hairstyling - I'd love to do that

Melissa- so far I have 1744 steps today. I usually count from 9am until 9pm. But I'm not sure about today because my family gets in around 9pm, so I may keep it on longer. I like your ticker!

Cindi- hope it wasn't too big of a mess LOL.

Okay, Liam's asleep, so I'm off to continue the never-ending-laundry . . .
Loveliam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2004, 02:16 PM   #27  
Walking away the weight

Kristin- on the weight loss!!! And also on getting the job- is it only for the holidays? That will be nice to have extra money for the holidays.

Hi, Penny! I miss you
Old 10-21-2004, 02:25 PM   #28  
Curves 6-week solution

S/C/G: 159/159/135

Height: 5'4"

Hey all back from the gym and wanted to pop in real quick and say hi. I haven't eaten yet today either which is not good since I felt yucky at the gym and didn't go full force like I wanted to. I think I will go make myself an omlet when I get done and then I need to get the chicken in the crock pot too. I also have some pants in the attic that I just remembered about and I know I will be able to fit them since I am in a 10 again finally! I am excited because they were my favorite pre-pregnancy jeans so I will be balancing chairs later to try and get to them. Wish me luck!! Ok I'm starving! TTYL
Bayleysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2004, 02:30 PM   #29  
I'm a homeschool mama

Hi all, I'm up from what was hoping going to be a long nap. Less than 30 minutes I think, but Andrew's down.
I changed my ticker to make it more girly.
Leigh, I had posted the house plans once before but dh is working up some that are the same but more fulfilled, I think. When he's done I may post it on Moms Losing Weight site. But I'll let you all know. The house we visited last night had bookshelves built in EVERYWHERE and I loved them. So I've been looking around on our house plans for everywhere that there can be built in bookshelves.
Okay, I may walk to the mail box. TTYL
mamawithdreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2004, 02:35 PM   #30  
Walking away the weight

Jill- get some food in you! Hey- if you find the jeans and put them on, you should post a pic of it

Crystal- ohhhhh! I absolutely LOVE built-in shelves. We really want those in our condo, but don't have the money to have them put in right now. It's one of our hopes for the future LOL.