Old 08-18-2004, 09:24 PM   #31  

Oh yeh, just one more thing, since many of you talked about your pregnancies. Despite the fact that I was sick to the point of losing 12 lbs and being put on an infusion pump in my leg with medication to help me from getting sick 24hours a day and having both of my kids early; somehow, I still loved being pregnant. Don't get me wrong, the pregnancies were horrible, but just knowing there was life inside of me was the most amazing feeling. But I do not want to do it again.
melmcc99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2004, 09:59 PM   #32  
Walking away the weight

Happy night Well, tomorrow is the big one for me- WI and start over. I went to the grocery store when DH got home, so I'm all set. We had fajitas for dinner . . .

Jae- your pregnancy/birth story is scary. I'm glad everything ended up okay, but not fun to go through.

Crystal- LOL at the image of DH just hanging out in FL at the beach! I'm sure he'll find work . . . if you do move to FL (I know, it's still a remote possibility), I could meet you because we're frequently down on the west coast visiting the in-laws

Ricci- ohhh, I'm sorry about you crying when Eric went to school I already know I'm going to be a complete mess when it's time.

Cheri- my best friend says the same thing about barber shop cuts for her son- it always looks awesome, but is super expensive. I think she only can afford it for special occasions. Are Huggies overnights only for older kids?

Spryng- dinner sounds super good! I'm so bad about cooking. I like the easiest, most convenient thing.

Melissa- sorry there was no success with dinner Liam had french toast sticks and ice cream . . . I swear he definitely inherited MY sweet tooth - poor guy is doomed! Of course, he'll also have bottle on top of that.

Okay, I am off for the night. Got an email from our internet provider apologizing for all the technical difficulties. They had to upgrade software or something, so hopefully my service will be back to normal.
Loveliam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2004, 09:59 PM   #33  
SAHM of 3

Good Night.
Well you all know how I feel about being pregnant. Despite the fact I'm on my 4th I really hate being pregnant but I understand that it is a blessing and there are women that can't get pregnant and I feel so bad for those ladies. I think it's an amazing thing to go through, but I just physically hate being pregnant.

Anyways, for some reason tonight I was getting really, really tired of the tattling, the fighting, picking, crying, screaming, and so on and so on. My mom just sort of ticked me off, not bad but enough to effect my mood.
The kids are in bed and dh isn't home from fishing yet so I'm enjoying this bit of quite time and I didn't get a nap earlier so I'm hoping to go to bed soon. I'm gonna stay home tomorrow and besides school and my usuals, I'm gonna do another load or two of laundry.
My hands are beginning to get so dry and cracked. Not that that was of any importance, just thought I'd share.
Mel, wtg on being down another .5, that is really great.
Spryng, sorry dinner wasn't as good as you'd hoped. Isn't that the way it goes, you don't care for it but the kids do.
Hello to Jill, Geri, Ricci, Michelle, Mindee, Angel, Cheri and everyone else I missed.
Btw, school has been going really well this week. I know it's still the first week of school, but I've been enjoying it and I think Alisa has too. She gets tired after the first hour, it usually takes us an hour and a half, but I had to inform her that if she went to real public school, she'd be there ALL day and would hate it. Then she's okay after that.
I guess I'll get off here and find something to watch on tv to slow me down. Hope everyone has a great night.
TTYL
watkinsguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2004, 09:59 PM   #34  
2BoysMom

Good evening ladies,

Mel.. so sorry you were so sick during your pregnancies. I only got sick one time and that was from taking the prenatal on an empty stomach. As soon as I threw it back up I felt fine. I LOVED being pregnant...well except for eating everything in sight .

Crystal.. hope all goes well with you being alone next week. What exactly does Dh's family business entail? I don't think they'll be having much of a vacation while down there according to all the news reports. Pretty nasty stuff . Can he call Andrew everynight and just talk to him? I let the boys talk to Dh during the day when he calls. Of course...they don't say too much but they love to hear his voice.

Spryng..congrats on the exercise!! Woo hoo... one day down, the rest of your life to go! It takes me 40 min to do the WATP 3 mi and almost an hour to do the 4 mi. I sometimes have to pause and go break the boys up or like today I had to try to clean the vitamin residue that Tony was drooling all over the floor. Guess he didn't like the red one! Sometimes they let me get through the whole thing uninterrupted.

Leigh & Penny..congrats to you too!

Cheri... had to chuckle at your "fixin" to go to the grocery store. We don't say that way up north here . I just cut Tony's hair tonight...what a wiggle worm! It would be worth the $12 to have someone else cut it...aww who am I kidding! I'm too cheap . He is only 15 months old and his hair's curly so you can't tell what a bad job I do.

Ricci... at least you made it to the car before crying. I'd probably be bawling the minute I woke up! Congrats on forgoing the 2nd oreo. Don't think I would be able to do it.

Jae..Interesting and scarey story re D! Thanks for sharing. My hairdresser also had a preemie and it didn't take him long to catch up. Boys are a lot of fun...but can get into so much trouble... I have 2 so DOUBLE TROUBLE .

Hi to Michelle (missing you!), Melinda, Jaymi, Cindi, Deana, Angel... everyone else I missed .

Dinner was very low fat turkey with gravy, rice pilaf, carrots, green beans and a salad.

Have a wonderful evening. I have some work I have to do before I head upstairs for my snack of light ice cream.
Chubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2004, 10:02 PM   #35  
2BoysMom

Leigh... Huggies overnites are like regular diapers and come in the normal sizes. The Goodnites are like pullups and come in the larger/training pants sizes.

Have a great night!
Chubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2004, 10:05 PM   #36  
Curves 6-week solution

S/C/G: 159/159/135

Height: 5'4"

Hey everyone! Just thought I would pop in and post since I have a little time. Not really that many posts compared to how it usually is! It must be because I am gone!! I can't wait to get back here! I have been staying organized and picking up after myself (and others LOL) this week but no challenges or anything so I will be anxious to get back to flylady routines. I think I will try and do the whole bathroom zone this weekend so I don't feel like I missed so much. I'm doing really good on plan because I can only eat what I pack in my lunch and I make sure and pack only stuff I am supposed to eat. I will be interested to see how I did this week since I didn't work out but kept on plan.

Well I made this really sick dinner tonight. It was a broccoli turkey bake out of one of my cookbooks and it was sooooooooooooooooooooooo gross!! Dh would have eaten it I think but I wasn't even about to. It would have been good I think if it were chicken instead of turkey but blech! Anyway now we are both hungry and I don't want to re-do dinner so I'm not sure what we are going to do.

Well I hope everyone is doing good! Mel I liked your new pics! Beautiful family! I need to go get back to my homework. TTYL!!
Bayleysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2004, 11:07 PM   #37  
Seen any cute shoes???

Default All is quiet

Here at home so I thought I'd post.

Geri--usually people do thing ''fixing to'' do something is funny to hear, if they aren't used to it. It's like Coke....in the south Coke is universal...it means coke, pepsi, dr. pepper, sprite, it's whatever you drink. I have cut the boys hair here and there in the past. But all my boys have blonde hair, straigh blonde hair, and so if you make any sort of gauge or mis snip well it shows. LOL (ask me how I know

Leigh--I went to huggies.com and they make them in size 3, 4 and 5 (the overnights) I used them with my oldest because he was such a heavy wetter and would be wet each morning. They are awesome. http://www.huggies.com/na/products/overnites.asp Yes that is the most I've ever paid for their haircuts. Back in GA we had found an awesome lady and it was $5 a piece, so $ 15 for them all. And my boys have to get cuts every 4-5 weeks or it looks really scraggly...I'm not sure we'll be doing the barber shop everytime...unless Donald works some overtime or nightshifts.

Spryng--I hear you on enjoying sleep before kids I was very much a night owl and would sleep till noon thirty the next day. But God gave me three kiddos that were not the best of sleepers and he's also enabled me to be able to function at capacity on about 4 hrs sleep if necessary. I sometimes miss those late mornings in bed though. I used to do Denise Austin on lifetime a good bit, I enjoy her too.

Crystal--Have you heard/seen the Zim's Crack cream? They have it at Target and Walmart and it is AWESOME for dry cracked skin A-W-E-S-O-M-E. http://www.crackcreme.com/ Also Kerasol is good stuff, it's more pricey than the Zim's and I didn't notice a huge difference in results. But it was good too.http://www.kerasal.com/index_co.asp?siteID=233 It's for feet, but I also use is on my cuticles etc.

My mind is now offically blank...lol. My inlaws come in this weekend for a few days and then next week I have to finalize prep for school to start on the 30th. We've been watching the Olympics and Nathan can identify a lot of the countries flags it's neat to see your kids learn things like that. Speaking of Nathan has decided he wants to take gymnastics one day. So yeah, that's $60 a month, and I have three kids so lets see between $180 a month for gymnastics and $36 a month for haircuts we'll be broke. I took my measurments and lost 5 inches overall last month. 1 from thighs/2 from waist/2 from chest. Not bad considering I only did pilates three full weeks. Last week I mostly walked and only did pilates one or two days. Also my eating was off last week (meaning from Friday through today). I've decided to still watch sugar and carbs but to follow something more like WW or just ''low fat/good sense'' eating. The low carb is awesome for pulling weight off, but when *I* stopped to evulate it, I cannot maintain on that type, nor can I make that a lifestyle. So I'll be doing that starting tomorrow.

And now I have to get off here and get Elijah to bed.

Oh and hubby's name is Donald Eric.
CheriBrorsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2004, 11:31 PM   #38  
Curves 6-week solution

Oh ya guys don't forget tomorrow is the mom show from 11-1 Pacific time so 1-3 for most of you!! Check it out and tell me what they talk about. It was pretty interesting last week. TTYL!
Old 08-18-2004, 11:32 PM   #39  
Curves 6-week solution

The site is www.worldtalkradio.com
Old 08-19-2004, 06:23 AM   #40  
SAHM of 3

starting a new thread...#219 Thursday...see you there.
watkinsguru is offline   Reply With Quote