Daily Check-In

You're on Page 8 of 71
Go to
  • Sorry I cut off my entry
    lunch (about 300)
    snacks - 3 plums (150)
    seltzer, sugarless gum
    daily total 985, a low day but I don't want to eat after 8pm so I'm done until tomorrow. I'm actually not that hungry today for once!

sw210, cw 202, gw 150
  • Hey all the last two days were a success....and I had my first weigh in!!!!
    I am so proud of myself, and I thank all of you. I think that I would have cheated to my hearts content if I didn't have somewhere to come to that kept me honest!
    So the last 2 days meals were simple....I'll give you all a quick rundown....

Monday~
    BLUNCH (Breakfast/Lunch)
    1/3 lg italian grinder; 1/3 lg turkey grinder 6 oz. Pepsi, banana, and a kudo bar. TOTAL-->15 points (not bad considering it was two meals in one...technically 3)

SNACKS:
    2 pc light italian toast with 2 tsp margarine and a single serving of orange jello. TOTAL --> 3 points

DAILY TOTAL--> 18 points (fell asleep early again)

Tuesday~
    BREAKFAST:
    2 pc light italian toast with 1 tbsp Plum preserves. TOTAL --> 2 points

LUNCH:
    Hunan Beef and Broccoli (Lean Cuisine) ; banana, and a kudos bar. TOTAL--> 9 points

DINNER:
    11/2 pc. Slammin' Eggplant Lasagne (and I hate eggplant but this stuff tasted like stuffed peppers; I'll have to share the recipe so you can see what I mean) TOTAL--> 4.5 points

SNACKS:
    1/2 bottle of SOBE Nirvana(Mango-Melon) and a kudos bar. TOTAL --> 4.5 points

DAILY TOTAL--> 20 points....I couldn't help it I just wasn't hungry any more.

So my total loss for week one was 7.5 lbs....can you say I am excited. Only 181.5 to goal.....heheh
  • Synn - your weight loss is tremendous. You must feel so good! A terrific start. I noticed you're eating less points too - you're probably just getting used to having less. I hope you'll continue to check in. It's so inspirational to hear your story. It's so nice to have people to check in with. You're eating lots of great foods too - I'm getting new ideas.

Here's my day:

breakfast - shredded wheat w/peaches and 1/2 cup milk (300)
    snack - large apple (150)
    lunch - one large tomato, wax beans and plum (200)
    snack - seltzer, sugarless gum
    dinner - beef stew - hardy helping - lots of veggies and some beef - pretty healthy probably about 600-800 cals and a tofuti bar (I love these and they're only 30 cals).

Total - about 1500 - a good day

I didn't manage to fit in the exercise so I'm really going to think about where I might fit that in. I just feel so pulled in so many directions - work, school, family, but I know I have to think it is for my health so I just have to find a place for it.
  • Hi -

Seems like everyone is busy with life. Do you think we need to start a new check-in site to attract new people. Anyways - good day today.

breakfast - egg/toast (160)
    lunch - tomato, almonds, apple 400
    dinner - beef stew/smoothie - probably just short of 1,000
    total around 1500 - probably too high for dinner, but healthy ingredients and the dinner was early
    exercise - missed another day - I'm having trouble working this in.

sw210
    cw 202 (next weigh in 9/15)
    GW 150
  • hey all....the last two days were great....i stayed under points by at least a few on each day...i am rather tired today, but when i have some more time tomorrow i will fill you all in a bit more.
    talk to you soon!
  • Hello ladies....ok, did awesome the last two days....was a bit hungrier the last two days but still on the low end of my points....30 on Wednesday, and 28 on Thursday. And today is so far so good! I will definitely give you all a better rundown when I get home this evening. Hope everyone is well!
  • I like the idea behind this thread! Today had been a wash for me as I am on the run and eating crap and won't have time to fit in my normal workout. But I'll be back tomorrow to post.

Have a great Friday!
  • Hello.. run upon this thread and wanted to jump right in! I love the idea of being able to update one another on our progress.
    Breakfast: 1 bowl Grape-Nuts flakes w/ 1/2 cup 1% milk
    Lunch: 1 Grilled Chicken Ceasar Salad w/ FF ranch dressing
    Snack: 1 c. low-fat vanilla yogurt, 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
    Dinner: 1 turkey sandwich on WW bread, small salad w/ FF ranch

Foods passed up: Everything on the menu at Burger King.. LOL, Church BBQ plate, candy from the store, mother-in-law's poundcake

Exercise: Leslie Sansome's 2-mile WATP tape
  • Hey all I promised I would update you a bit more when I got home so here it is!

Going back to Wednesday.....
    Breakfast was 4 scrambled egg beaters, 3 healthy choice low fat sausage patties (really good ) and 2 tbsp Kraft BBQ sauce to top the eggs and to dip the sausages in (although the full 2 T. was far tooooo much in my opinion)
    TOTAL POINTS: 7 (hard to believe huh)

Lunch was a Hard salami and cheese sandwich and 1 can of strawberry nectar. TOTAL POINTS: 12

Dinner was 2 oz. Garlic seasoned pork (sucked) green beans/wax beans/ and carrots all mixed up, 1/2 c. mashed potatoes. TOTAL POINTS: 8
    DAILY TOTAL: 27

NOW....Thursday
    Breakfast: Slim Fast bar (I don't remember the flavor) POINTS: 4

Lunch: Smart Ones Turkey with Mushroom Gravy and Green Beans, Kudos bar, and a banana.
    TOTAL POINTS: 8

Dinner: 4 oz. Steak with 3/4 c. White Rice. TOTAL POINTS: 10

Snacks: Peanut Butter Pie (WW recipe) and a glass of milk. TOTAL POINTS:6DAILY TOTAL: 28

And Finally, Today (well, thus far at least):

Breakfast: 4 pc. light oatmeal bread toast with 4 tsp margerine. TOTAL POINTS: 6

Lunch was a package of Creamy Chicken flavor Ramen Noodles (can't Help it I the nasty little buggers) TOTAL POINTS: 8

Dinner is going to be Lentil Soup really low in points oddly enough, so at the most it will be 8...and not sure if i will be snacking so I will have to let you all know tomorrow!

For tonight....everyone keep at it, for tomorrow is a new day!
    :
  • Hi all - glad to have some more people to check in with. Great ideas for healthy meals, food. Synn - you're doing great! I'm inspired. Friday I did great - kept within the 1500 cals I'm allowing myself each day. Today was a bit harder as it was a different kind of day. I did the swim portion of a triathlon - great race, great swim. I plan to enter more contests like this because they really motivate my workouts. I'm going to try to train for a Thanksgiving week race - not to win, but to exercise!

breakfast - half bagel/pb, power snacks (unecessary I wasn't hungry, but curious about the snacks which didn't really taste good) 475
    lunch - cookout - cheeseburger, macaroni and cheese, salad (no dressing) too many calories but I did skip the wine, beer, ice cream cones, cookies, turnovers, cheese/crackers and salsa and chips.
    dinner - Indian dish - really healthy, good portion

exercise swim/bike about 30 mins total

sw210
    cw202 (as of 8/30)
    next weigh in 9/15
    gw 150
  • Hi all! Pretty good day with dieting, didn't fit in the exercise again. I've really got to get that going.

breakfast - coffee/raisin bread (I just had to try it) 170
    lunch - two plums, one medium apple 200
    dinner - Seafood stew (very healthy tomato base stew)500, baked apple with oatmeal 300, 4 oz V-8
    total about 1200
  • Sorry I have been absent, but the last week has just been crazy! I covered for a co-worker last week, so as you can imagine, the south beach diet went right out the window cuz it was grab what you can when you can. A quick sandwich, a bagel, whatever. Calorie wise, i tried to watch it as best I could, but now I am back to my regular job & schedule, so this week will be much better. I didn't stop the work outs though. 1.5 hours, 3 times a week. I am going to dread when it gets too cold to swim in the morning.
    I am glad to see you all are hanging in there & doing such a great job sticking to your plans. I will post again later, got to get some work done!
  • Glad to hear from you Hblank - I was hoping we didn't lose you. Isn't it amazing how changes in the routine can really do a job on your diet and health! Glad to hear you're back on schedule. Your workouts are amazing! That's been my weak area in the past two weeks since school started, but I finally managed to get in a good workout tonight - about 45 minutes on the eliptical/tread mill.

breakfast today - almonds (rushing! - really filling/healthy fast food) 170, plum 40
    lunch - seafood stew (200), carrots (30). plum (40)
    dinner - pork, sweet potato, homemade applesauce (no butter, sugar), peas, plum

I estimated the dinner to be 1,000 or less so I'm at my goal of about 1500 cals.

Good luck all!! We can do it!
  • Hello ladies....sorry i have been MIA for the last few days... can you forgive me

So the last few days wer a smashing success and I had my second weigh in today. Funny thing though, this week I found out I could have up to 35 points, and I also found out my scale was off just a bit...by 3-5 lbs actually, so all my weights were different.

To be honest I have not kept a great food journal in the last 3 days, I just know I have been under daily allowance (if you add the flex points too, I am ahead of myself)
    Today I splurged a bit as it was date day...the only time my BF and I actually do anything. We went to Dave & Busters though so I got in some exercise there...playing b-ball with him, and walking around our enormous mall...Finally got my pedometer and I walked a total of 5794 steps today....not quite my 10,000 goal, but alas at least I am moving.

I also won The Firm workout set with the bar and the steps on eBay so I am looking forward to that!
    But alas, everyone just keeps kickin butt and we are all going to make it to our goals before we know it!!!
  • Hi Synn - You are really doing great! You're down about 10 lbs that's awesome. I like hearing your stories of success. I find the more I get used to what I can eat on my 1500 cals a day - the easier it is to do it w/o couting. One snack that I've been having often is 1/4 cup almonds - very filling and good for you. Easy to pack and they are about 170 cals. I've got to run to work - have a great day!

exercise am - 30 min. swim
    today's diet plan - breakfast egg/toast
    lunch - turkey roll up (no bread) with carrots
    dinner - salad of some sort

sw210 8/9 (or so)
    cw193
    gw150