View Poll Results: How Do You Like Your Eggs?
Fried (Yolk Broken) 1 8.33%
Over Easy 2 16.67%
Poached 1 8.33%
Scrambled 5 41.67%
Hard Boiled 2 16.67%
Other 1 8.33%
I Don't Like Or Eat Eggs 0 0%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 08-09-2004, 07:30 AM   #1  

Default Home of the Loozing Floozie's......(#1)

Hello

Here at McSkinneys, Our mission is to motivate,support and lose those pounds & inches.We must keep those Loozing Floozies loosing!!

Feel free to join our group of wonderful ladies.Come on in.....Give us YOUR motivation,support and ideas.We would love to have you!!!

Old 08-09-2004, 06:26 PM   #2  
Carol

Hello All

Sorry I have been missing for several days but I have had a lot on my mind and then I got a bad cold. Stress probably caused that.

My mom discovered that the supposed "new miracle drug" for her cancer isn't working. They have switched her to another drug. It is making her sicker than the last one did. I just don't know what to do to help. I feel so helpless. She has neropathy(sp) of her hands, finger and some in her toes and feet. She can't touch or eat anything cold or frozen or it makes it worse.

I can feel myself getting really depressed and can't seem to drag myself out of it. Needless to say staying OP has been shoved to the wayside. I don't know how much time Mom has left. This medicine (if it works) will only extend her time, not destroy any cancer cells already in her.

We have been worried about Dad for so long and watched him slowly going downhill with all his problems, but now I think Mom is in worse shape than he is.

I didn't mean to lay all this out on you gals. That is one of the reasons I haven't been posting. I didn't want to bring anyone down with me. It is hard to lift anyone else's spirits when you can't lift your own.

I hope all of you in the teaching professions realize how much you are needed and appreciated!!! Keep up the good work!
Old 08-09-2004, 07:12 PM   #3  

Carol-I am sending prayers your way for your mom and dad. Unfortunately it's something that we all have to face sooner or later. As we get older, our parents get older and it is so hard to think about.

Jennelle, Sherry, Debbie-I hope your day went better than mine! I got to school at 6:30 this morning and didn't leave until 4:30 this afternoon. I don't know how I became the bus queen, but it seems I am the one that everyone came to for bus problems. This afternoon a lady was in tears on the phone looking for her child. Of course, it was my fault that 1 child ended up on the bus and the other still at school missing the bus. The buses ran 2 hrs late and parents were freaking. When I got home, I ran to get rid of all the stress from the day.
Old 08-09-2004, 07:15 PM   #4  
WW on-line since 1/1/2009

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'5"

Sherry - Excellent job of turning to something besides food to relieve the stress! You are today's good example!
Old 08-09-2004, 08:55 PM   #5  
THINKING THIN!!!!

Hi Gilrs

Thursday and Friiday of last week was inservice for me but today was my first day back at school with my staff. AND I am tired already...LOL. I am trying so hard to keep a postive additude about this school year with the disappointment of not getting the new job. I keep thinking, only 4 more years and I will be fully vested. I could retire after that if I want to.

Carol....My heart goes out to you about your Mom. After taking care of my Mom these last few months, I know what stress it can put on you. Sending my prayers your way!! Keep us posted please!! Hugs!!!

Sherry...How was your first day back at school? Bet that alarm was like a rude awakening...LOL. I think changing schools mid-week would be exciting. Sure would make the ones at Chadwell not take you for granted so much.

Ramona....Congrats on the new job and becoming a MIL soon. I'm sure you will be great at both!!

Tina....I am so happy for you getting to stay home with your children. That is one of my biggest regrets, not getting to stay home with my kids when they are small.

Shelley....Be looking for me to reappear on the excerise thread very soon.

Gayle...How are you doing? I'm like Sherry, can't believe Allison is getting so big. Does she think she is grown now?

Today was day 2 for me being 100% OP!!! It is really hard this time!!!

Hugs to all my Floozie friends!! Deb
Old 08-09-2004, 09:14 PM   #6  

Hello

Debbie....YES it was a rude awakening when that stupid alarm went off at 5:00!!!!!!!! I wished I could retire in 4 years!!!!! LUCKY YOU!!!! I'll still be working when I'm 80!

Carol.....I'm so sorry for all that you're going through. Please know that we love you & I'll always be here for you. Prayers are being sent your way. It took awhile for me to get out of my depressed mood and I know you will too soon. Take care & I love you.

Shelley....My first day back was a very busy one!!! How many more days until school is out?????

Gayle....Where are you???????? Should I head to KS and look for you????? I sure do miss you!

Got to finsih laundry and head for bed.

Love & hugs....Sherry
Old 08-10-2004, 09:22 AM   #7  

hello gals!
yesterday registered catagan with the schools at home group.
hard to believe the new school year is starting already.
here in ind. the public school;s start next mon.
im doing introductory this week.
was able to get alot of used curric. saved me tons.
im putting her in a class for swimming and phys ed this year.
i dont know how to swim but she wants to learn.
she will go from sept.1-nov.30 swimming while homeschool boys have gym,
then feb.-may she'll have gym while the boys take swimming.

carol,i am so sorry to hear what you and your mom are going thru.
you and yours are in my prayers.

ramona,congrats on the new job!
yours sounds so exciting!

tina,yippie to stay home!
i love to be home with catagan.
congrats!

sherry,im not moving for awhile.
stuck here!
house is fine,neighborhood sucks.
house rite across the street is selling drugs,way to much traffic!

i didnt know that teachers spend so much on there classrooms.
everyone have a great day!
doni
Attached Images
File Type: gif blinkers.gif (1.4 KB, 21 views)
Old 08-10-2004, 07:13 PM   #8  
Carol

Hello to all.

My mood is better today. I have even managed to stay OP so far today. Mom & Dad both had a really bad day yesterday, but today has been much better. Thanks to everyone saying prayers. They are very much appreciated.

Hugs & love to all my Floozie friends.
Old 08-11-2004, 07:24 AM   #9  
THINKING THIN!!!!

Morning Girls

Today is going to be my 4th day staying 100% OP!! It's really hard for me this time but I believe I can do it just like all of us can.

Carol....WTG on staying OP. Hope your parents have a better day today.

Sherry...Are you back OP? Everyday I plan on going back to the Y but something always happens. What is wrong with me? LOL Could be the lazy-ies huh. Good luck at your new school today. I know you are nervous but they will love you there.

Doni...Sounds like things are getting busy for you too. Are you staying OP?

Got to go and get ready.
Hope everyone has a great OP day. Hugs...deb
Old 08-11-2004, 05:00 PM   #10  

Hello Ladies,
My computer is up and running again. We thought that we would have to get a new one but Larry was able to over haul this one again. He fixed it sunday. Thanks Sherry for letting everyone know that I was off line.

I will not be posting very often. My back has increasingly gotten worse. I didn't think that was possible. Well anyways I am on a lot more drugs and am not very coherent. I am very scattered brain and have a hard time focusing on anything for very long. I still have a lot of pain inspite of the meds. I do see light at the end of the tunnel. Less than 3 weeks to go before my operation.

I read the posts daily and my thoughts and prayers are with each one of you as you tackle a new day. Know that I am still here, maybe not in mind and body but at least in body...lol
Love you all.
Old 08-11-2004, 07:40 PM   #11  

Dee-It is so good to hear from you! Please take good care of yourself.

We have Charley headed our way, due to hit sometime Friday. If it continues it's path toward us, school won't be in on Friday. We won't know until noon on Thursday whether it will be closed or not. We are going to have to start boarding up windows tomorrow. I hate this because when Mike boards up the windows, he keeps the boards up all hurricane season and then some! That would be through November that I have to look at the stupid boarded up windows.
Old 08-12-2004, 07:41 AM   #12  
Carol

Shelley: How awful for you. Be safe!!

Debbie: It is hard for me this time too, but so far so good. I am still OP. Are you getting used to being back to work yet?

Sherry: What an adventure going to two schools... That will at least change the monotony of the same old thing all the time. Are you able to stay OP so far?

Dee: Glad to see you back even if only once in a while. You take care. We are all praying for a speedy recover for you.

Doni: How did it go getting school all set up for the kids. I am sure they are going to love the swimming and gym.

Tina: I am jealous of you getting to stay home... I wish I could retire at a young age. I am ready!!! It is a shame I didn't win the lottery to let me do it!!

For everyone who asked... mom and dad both had a much better day yesterday. Thanks to all you are such a generous caring group.

Everyone have a wonderful day.
Old 08-12-2004, 08:51 AM   #13  

HI!!

Shelley you'rel lucky the boards come down in Nov. I have a feeling that if we had to do that we would be the joke of the neighborhood. you know the house that keeps there Christmas lights up all year long. LOL My hubbie has good intentions but things don't get done to quick around here. He has a huge windmill he got for Christmas in the garage that still has not been put together. LOL Maybe my dad will put it together for him this Christmas.

Debbie Congrats on staying OP!! I know how hard it can be.

Sherry how is school going? Today is registration day for our county. My nephew is so ready to go back to school. He can't wait.

Hi Dee!! I am keeping you in my prayers! Glad to see you checking in. I have missed your posts.

Carol I am glad to hear you parents had a better day. Hopefully today will be even better.
I do feel very blessed to get to stay home with my kids. I have always wanted to and due to some tragedies with my husbands family (they have both passed away tragically) he inherited some rental property so he is able to be self employed. He is building houses now (that is what his dad did).

My SIL is going to have her second baby in the morning. We are very excited. My nephew is coming to stay with us and my kids can't sleep they are so excited that he is coming over. She is having a C section and is scared to death.

I hope you all have a great day!!

Tina
Old 08-12-2004, 08:08 PM   #14  

Well, our schools are closed tomorrow. That means we will have the day before Thanksgiving as a Hurricane makeup day. We have been bringing all the crap from the carport into the wooden shed in the back of the house. There is a very good chance that we will be hit by Charley sometime tomorrow. I hope that none of you are affected by it.
Old 08-12-2004, 08:27 PM   #15  

Oh Shelley I will be saying a prayer for you & your family as the hurrican moves that way. Please keep in touch with us to let us know you're safe & ok. BIG HUGS!!!!!!

Has anyone heard from GAYLE??????????
Closed Thread