Old 05-12-2004, 03:58 PM   #16  
soontobethin

Ok, I missed an entire thread. You guys went throught that pretty quickly. Let me see if I can do this without mixing any one up.
Crystal, alone time with dh! That's great. My dh doesn't want to leave the boys over night. Don't know why.
Ginny, congrats on the two lbs. Keep it up.
Sarah, congrats on the two lbs.Spryng, it didn't take you long to lose the weight, so it probraly won't take you long to tone up. Your an inspriration to us all. Jackie, so glad your back with us. Julie, I agree, I want Fantasia out. I have wanted her gone since she was put through in the try outs. Melinda, you seem to be busy. Geri, just beat your husband with a stick. It works wonders sometimes. Hi to any one I missed.
I took a sneak peek at the scale today, and its a good number. I will post it officially on friday. Dh stayed home sick today, bad cold, and its starting to run through the family. Have a great day.
need2losemore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2004, 04:08 PM   #17  

Spryng no I don't vote. I really should but I just feel so busy trying to get the kids into bed and getting the house ready for the next day. About the school thing, I am a mom so yes I probally worry way too much. I am going to talk to the teachers at his school. I think I am going to grill tonight because it is a pretty nice day here. Maybe hot dogs or hamburgers. Well I wish I could stay longer, but kids are calling and hus is coming home from work soon. Talk later. Julie
jbbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2004, 04:29 PM   #18  
Ready for ACTION!!!

Smile Hello girls!!

Just so you all know, I voted for everyone BUT Fantasia last night. Diana was almost impossible to get through to vote on, so she did fine. I threw Jaz one or two sympathy votes and sent a few to Latoya while trying for Di!!! She was SO great! She's a GA girl, so I want her to win!!

I feel much better today and I am glad. We are getting back to normal.

DH got the Home Depot job, but the pay isn't as good as he had hoped. I think he can go places within the company and change that rather quickly though, if he wants to. Benefits are great, so that helps!

I did finally get a Mother's Day gift from DH, it was a 10 Commandments Plaque that is really wonderful. I really wanted a trampoline, though! OH well, at least I wasn't forgotten.

So many posters today!! Good to see everyone!! Seems we are all having a better week this week. YAY!!!!

Going to chug some water, how bout you???

Love to all!
BIGtimeLOSER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2004, 05:38 PM   #19  
Walking away the weight

Default Spryng/others - question about WW

Hey - quick question for you - how did you keep track of your points each day? Do you do that in a dairy, or some other way? I'm looking into various starter kits on ebay
I'll be back in a few to respond to everyone's posts.
Loveliam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2004, 06:20 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Good evening all!

Leigh I have a little notebook that I use for my WW journal. I just write down what I eat and how many pts and then total it up at the end up the day. Most starter kits come with some paper journals but I like the notebook better.
Cindi, so glad you are feeling better today! And congrats on your DH's new job!!! I love home depot and I'm sure he gets a discount huh? How much fun that would be, lol
Julie, grilling sounds so good but I have no idea how to work a grill, lol. So enjoy a hotdog for me too!! Extra relish!
Ricci, can't wait to hear about your WI on friday!! Seems like everyone who has been peeking is seeing good things!!! After last weekend I'll be lucky to maintain, lol.
Michelle, you have been very busy today!!! recaulking the bathtub?! You go girl!!! LOL. I have no idea how to do that kind of stuff.
Sarah, congrats on the 2#'s!!!! Fantastic!!! And I hope you have been enjoying all your company lately! Post when you can!

Well my evening is going just fine. Do you find that family who doesn't have the internet love to use you to look things up for them?? My SIL is the worst. She calls alot just for me to find a recipe or something and then I have to read it very slowly to her while she writes it down on the phone. Well anyway... there are worse things in life I suppose, lol.
Dinner was good. I had leftover angel hair pasta and dirty rice (carb overload ,lol) the kids has chicken legs, mac n cheese and peas. So we all went away happy.
Now I'm ready to settle down for the night and watch AI and all that. So I'll chat with you all later!!
spryng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2004, 06:51 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

Height: 5'4"

Ok so I got into some big projects today! I got my girls room all situated and moved Teagans crib from my bedroom to the one that the girls will share til they are older. And we are going to Try and make Taylor start sleeping in her own room!! Starting tonight!! I hope she takes to it pretty quick, I mean she's slept with us her whole life, I know I know big mistake but she was my first child and I didn't ever want her out of my sight lol. I'm excited that maybe hubby and myself may have a night ALONE in our own bed!! Hubby was pretty impressed with the work I did today and I think I'll only do one workout today I'll do it after american idol and when everyone is in bed

Cindi - So glad you are feeling much better!!

Ginny - Congrats on 2#'s gone!!!! Way to go!!! Thanks for the advice!!!

Leigh - I never did get Teagan back to sleep and she only took 2 short naps maybe she is going through the I'm gonna stay up 24/7 phase lol but I didnt think that would come til she was Taylors age lol.

Spryng - Wow way to go on the cleaning today!!

Jackie - Nice to meet you!!

Sarah - Way to go on the 2 # loss!! Keep it up!

Ricci - When is your official weigh in? I can't wait to hear the good news!!!

Spryng - I was hit with the spring cleaning bug, or should I say Spryng cleaning bug lol jk I had the tub all ready to recaulk and it was all clean so I just decided to get it over with, caulking is easy kind of like gluing lol. Your dinner sounded good, I'll just live out my carb fantasies vicariously through you lol.

Well I'm gonna go get dinner started, Having Soft Shell Tacos on Whole Wheat low carb tortilla, refried beans, tomatoes, ff cheese, and ff sour cream mmmm sounds good typing it lol. Ok Ok I gotta go before I drool on the keyboard.

Talk to you guys later

Michelle
MichelleRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2004, 06:51 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

Ohhh yeah, Everyone who gave me advice about the smoke problem Thank you!!!

Michelle
MichelleRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2004, 07:14 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 185/185/145

Hey Ladies, this is such a great group, I can't beleive how up-beat and positive everybody is! Its wonderful.

First I'll give an answer to Michelle's question, then I have one of my own.

Michelle, You certainly can ask them nicely, and explain your reasons for your request, and let them know how much you'd appreciate their cooperation ( and then remember to thank them profusely when they comply) but, and there just has to be a but, doesn't there? They are under no obligation other than courtesy to agree to your request. Legally, there is nothing you can do about it, since, as you said, they are on their own property. But I think most people want a good relationship with their neighbors, give it a try, it ( shouldn't ) hurt!

ok, here's my question, what do you all do to manage your water/gain, and food cravings that come along with PMS ( assuming that that's a problem for any of you)? This is really my first cycle since getting serious about losing this weight, and other than water, water, water, I don't know what else to do. I would LOVE to hear what you all have done, let me know!

Thanks, Lisa

Keep up the good work everyone! ( and as for those houses that need cleaning, think of it as burning calories!...maybe you'll feel a little more gung ho about it.)
favepairobluejeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2004, 07:27 PM   #24  
Walking away the weight

Default Evening

Okay, it looks like I'm switching to Weight Watchers.I feel like I'd like a program that will force me to make better choices, portion size, etc. I find Medifast too confining and then it becomes impossible to engage in normal activities or anything with food.

Hi, Jackie - nice to meet you! I'm have a six-month-old son named Liam and am trying to lose 30lbs post-pregnancy weight. Glad you're back so we can get to know each other.

Sarah - awesome job on the 2lbs! Way to go

Michelle - you are a brave woman to face the dreaded old clothing A far better woman than I! I hate the no nap phases. Liam has decided to get back into his nap routine, thankfully cheer:

Cindi - congrats on DH's job and feeling better! I'm sure that's a load off your shoulders. And your gift sounds beautiful.

Ricci - can't wait to see your officialWI post. I'll extend a pre-congrats wish

Thanks, Spryng, for answering my questions. I can see where a bank-book style ledger would work well. I love dirty rice!! Your dinners always sound soooo good Yes, I find my mother likes me to look stuff up online all the time and then write her detailed descriptions of stuff

Uh . . . okay, I need to visit both Spryng and Michelle for dinner! Not quite sure what we're doing because DH is coming home earlier than expected *hooray* so I hadn't planned anything to cook - just a frozen dinner for me.
Old 05-12-2004, 07:32 PM   #25  
Walking away the weight

oops! We must have posted at the same time, Lisa, so I missed you in my previous post. PMS is really difficult. I've heard taking more calcium in the week or so before your TOM . . . sometimes I've found it helpful to split up my eating into more, smaller snacks, so I'm eating more throughout the day, and to increase the amount of protein I eat with each snack . . . but also balance it with some fat. HTH
Old 05-12-2004, 08:14 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Good evening all!
I know... "you again!" LOL. Can't help myself

Leigh, so happy you decided on WW!!! Did you join online or get the stuff through ebay? When do you start?? If you ever have any questions or anything feel free to ask either me or Ginny... here is my email address- [email protected] email me anytime if you need some help or whatever.
Lisa, cravings are hard to deal with right before TOM hits for me. I've tried taking stuff to help but nothing I've taken helps me. So I just add some of those cravings into my day. Save a few pts for chocolate and stuff. And yes drink lots of water to help reduce that water retention, but it doesn't always help because I always gain that week anyway. But hang in there... it does pass and your next WI will be more accurate.
Michelle, I hope you dd sleeps well tonight and enjoy your bedroom without kids in it!! Tanner is still in my room and probably will be until he is way over a year old. My other two were only in my room for 6 weeks so Tanner was the exception (he's my last babY!!!!!) But he really is good and doesn't bother my sleep nor do I bother his, even when DH is home so it works for now. I'll probably move him into my dd room this fall sometime. But let us know how it goes! Your dinner sounded much better than mine! lol. So want to trade??
Well, guess I will go find something to keep me busy. AI doesn't start until 8 and I am bored. TTYL! (you know I could exercise? Hmmm.... )
spryng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2004, 09:22 PM   #27  
soontobethin

Good evening all. I rode 6 miles on my bike today. 3 to my mom's house, and 3 back. it is so nice to exercise outside. I also did aerobics this moring.
Lisa, for me I just try to drink even more water during TOM. I know that sounds funny to drink water to fight water retention, but it does work. And do what spryng said too. Have a little of what your craving, just don't overboard. Michelle, that is a big step, no kids in the room. I know how you feel though. It took a couple of weeks to get our oldest to sleep in his room all night. Spryng, I know how you feel looking stuff up online for people. We do it for MIL all the time. She always calls us for directions to drop her load. You would think the terminal would give her directions. Oh well. Have a good evening. P.S. On AI, Diana is safe.
need2losemore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2004, 10:00 PM   #28  

Ricci - What kind of bike do you have? Did you already respond? I am shopping for one, thinking of a beach cruiser type. I saw one on-line at Wal-mart for about $100- Huffy Hermosa.

Ginny - I wrote computer running. Are you up and running?

Geri - Dr. Phil weight chart. Must have skipped that chapter.

Michelle - The Lawnmower broke this weekend and dh just bought a new one today. I think we have a couple more days before they kick us out of the neighborhood.

Ricci - Are you on maintenance with WW or do you still have to pay a weekly fee? You are doing great!

Cindi - I have heard that Home Depot has great benefits. We would be in trouble if dh worked there, we would spend his paycheck. Do you get any discounts?

Penny - I think I freaked my bf out, she has not called as much this week. She is doing SB and WW and has lose some weight. She does not like to exercise though. I told her that I would give her a kick in the butt.

I got in a walk this evening after dinner. Dh cleaned the kitchen. JW went to sleep early. I finished my reg walk in 35 min, usually 45 min without JW. I missed not pushing him. The radio was not as fun as hearing him gab. I think I brought the gnats in with me. I have three welps already.

Moms club is going to the beach tomorrow. JW has some congestion, so I have not decided if we will go. Happy Evening!
meltin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2004, 10:32 PM   #29  
2BoysMom

Hi all,

Tomorrow's my 4th anniversary and Dh's job got cancelled tonight...so I'll catch up with you all later tomorrow

Bye
Chubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2004, 10:49 PM   #30  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

S/C/G: 208/162/135

Height: 5' 2.5"

I tell ya' I don't see how you girlies get so many post done in a day and still stay on top of everything else....... LOL

Busy little bees!

Michelle,
Sry I missed the smoking question. I haven't checked the board since this am. My aunt just gave the boys new bunk beds on mothers day so we put them together sunday and I am STILL washing the sheets and comforter's over and over again to try and get the SMOKE smell out! I am very appreciative of the new set but they are smokers that smoke inside so everything smells! BTW, We are still trying to get Hunter out of the bed and he is 4 1/2. He is the only one that sleeps in the bed only b/c he started out there. But we learned our lesson on the next two.......lol We just move him when he falls asleep but we need to get firm and get him outta there. As far as the eating before bed thing, TOPS taught me to make sure your last meal is at least 3 hours before your bedtime so you can burn the calories instead of packing them on your thighs!

Spryng,
I am still on SB. Doing very well with it and the cravings are gone.... Michelle and I have been helping support each other so it is nice to have someone extra there! Thanks Michelle BTW, You need to buy your sil a recipe book for XMAS.....

Melinda,
Sry you scared your friend..LOL Let us know if you make the MOMS Club! How is work going?

Ricci,
Congrats on all the exercise!!!! You are doing awesome!

Leigh,
Good luck with WW! Hope you enjoy it! It is a great plan! And as far as the scrapbooking, It usually takes about 30 min to 1hr for me to finish a page and sometimes I don't finish them in one sitting. But I did 2 pages last night and 2 more today on Andrew's book (11mo old) Yah!

Lisa,
As far as the tom question, I usually just drink my water and exercise. I know it will come back off the next week and it is not a true gain if I do gain.

Sarah,
Congrats on the two pound loss Yah!

Jackie,
Welcome Back! I can't remember correctly but weren't you in TOPS also???

Ginny,
CONGRATS CONGRATS! 2 pounds is awesome! Congrats on the 30 for the year too!

Julie,
Glad to see you here today! What did you end up with for supper?

Cindi,
Congrats to DH!!!!! I am so happy for you! And I bet the Mother's Day present was beautiful! Congrats!

I am going to get to bed early tonight! Andrew only had one nap today and wore me out! It has been raining for the last couple days here and the kids have been stuck in the house! I did get Andrew's scrapbook caught up! I was happy about that! And I pulled down and boxed up all his winter clothes and took out the rest of his summer ones and washed and hung them in his closet. I also boxed up all of his clean empty baby food jars to sell on Ebay.

At least I got something accomplished today!

Geri, Jessi, and anyone else out there that hasn't posted Have a great night

Have a great night everyone! Talk to you all tomorrow!
mompen is offline   Reply With Quote