Old 05-14-2004, 10:26 AM   #31  

Height: 5'1"

Smile Morning...

Morning--

Jana--School started the last week of September. So that is why we go until June. Not so bad since I feel we get extended sun time!

I'm so glad it's friday!! This has been one long week for me. I stayed up until 11:00 just doing my accounting and still didn't quite finish it. I will have to get in early to compare notes with other people!

I hope I pass with at least a C!!!! (and I was hoping for the B)

I took a makeup test in Math. It was really frustrating. I had 55mins. to do it and that wasn't the problem. Our instrutor had shown us to solve these with the calculator.....(because these are long decimal numbers dividing into one or two numbers.... 62/.34343565 ) and it would have taken me FOREVER to finish, plus, I rely on that calculator!! Anyway, I get to the front desk of the Math Resource room and pick up my test, the guy up front reads the little note from the instrutor and tells me no notes, books or calculator!! What?! So I'm freaking out thinking that I'm not going to finish this. I go to the room and try to do it. And I read the little note myself, it said No. calculator NOT no calculator. Plus through out the test it says use calculator to finish problem.......I take it back up front and show this to the man and he says he'll call and confirm and to just go back in and do what I can.......well I did what I can and sat there for 20mins!! I go back out and he said that he didn't get a hold of her and that to go ahead and use the calculator!! I finished it in 10mins. What a pain. I even double checked what I had done and had to correct it all!!! (not good doing it in my head I guess!) I have no idea how many I missed because by that time I was mad at the man....(shouldn't have been but I was) and I was in a hurry! I had 20mins left and a class to get to!! I'll get my results today.

Whew.....long winded explaination of my day!

Need to finish getting ready for school. I will talk with you later girls!!

Marti
Marti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2004, 01:31 PM   #32  
kitty Momo

Good Morning

You had a good birthday Cristi?? I agree on the sweets, stay away from them and eat some healthy stuff instead. Of course it was your birthday but not all week..........lol

Ummmm, sorry!!!! I think I am full of tooooooo much coffee.......... yikes.

TGIF! YAY- though I have to work the weekend. Hope it is a quiet one.

Best of luck on your grade in school, Marti!!!!

Jana- ...........a Wiggles theme of course!!

lol

Naw- umm. What I did with the older girls is just buy bedding that will last through the years. They really liked Barney at the time but couldn't see them liking a purple dinosaur forever. So,what I did was buy flower bedding - still have everything. I should toss them though, worn out now.
Just want to make it a room that she can grow up in - at least for the next 5 years.

On the run. Rebecca came home exhausted from her overnight school thing- she stayed home today because the teacher said they could...........grrrrrrr- they came home at noon yesterday- not happy with Becky for not going and resting- no excuse for not being in school!!!!!

Ok- out of here!!! TTFN
Mom2Gaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2004, 02:03 PM   #33  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

Hello, Just having my normal day here. Being Friday doesn't enter into anything when you are retired and have no kids at home. I got up and lazed over my coffee and newspaper like always. Had a late breakfast with hubby when he could tear himself away from his wood shop. He is working on a barrister bookcase in walnut for our son who is in law school. He always gets up very early, has his coffee and works for awhile before he wants food. After cleaning up the kitchen I started laundry then went for the walk. Sat down to cool off with a glass of iced tea after the walk and watched the news at noon. Now, more laundry going and just popped in here to see how everyone is doing. Sorry if I don't do individual notes. Hope you all have a wonderful week-end.

suetalks...might be back later.
suetalks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2004, 08:28 AM   #34  
GmaTo8

Good morning ladies,

Marti - hope you did okay on the test yesterday after everything that happened!

Susan - got your pics and they are so cute!!! Thank you for them. Loved the dress at Penney's, by the way. Mary feels the exact same way about doing characters for the girls' bedroom. They just did a playroom and will soom be re-doing the bedroom, and she says kids change which character is their favorite too often to pick just one.

Sue - I always wanted a barrister's bookcase! There's just something about the way the books look behind the drop-down door, or something. It's been raining for about 3 days here in southern Indiana. Are you getting it too?

Cristi - when my b/d and anniversary get here, I won't be losing anything that week, I can already tell you that, so don't let it bother you. I dieted once through them and got resentful and then gained the next week, lol. Speaking of which...

It's weigh-in day, and I'm down 1 3/4 more... YAY!! Gotta go change my signature.

Jana
Jane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2004, 09:42 AM   #35  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Smile

A very good Saturday morning ladies~

Thought I would get in here early since we have a busy day today. Surprised to see not too many have posted since yesterday. Where is everyone? Well, wherever you are I hope you all had a great day and have a great day today.

Jana~WTG on your loss! You are doing so good, I am proud of you. Sounds like you guys got our weather, only it didn't rain for days just poured for one and drizzled the next day. It will probably be a couple more days before it dries up.

Susan~thanks for the photo's-they are so good! Love the one with you and the girls. When do your girls get out of school? Or do you guys have year round schools there? They had year round in CA and I loved it because the kids weren't home for almost 3 months in the summer time, and you still got all the little vacations plus the time in between so it was good. We don't have year round here. They have talked about it some but I don't think the parents here want to try something new.

Marti~hope you did fine on the test. And don't worry about the card-you have had A LOT on your plate and that is the last thing you need to worry yourself about girly. How is your grandpa holding up?

Hi Sue~ and everyone else-Katie, Kathy, Kat, RosieKate, Angie, Kayecee, Shanna, Rita and I swear I am forgetting someone.

All this talk and worrying about gaining this week and guess what??? I lost a pound!!! Go figure. I swear when I try really hard to lose sometimes it seems it just won't come off and this week I did not try and lost a pound. Maybe I should do this every week? Ummm, no don't think so. I actually didn't do so bad, I just thought with cake on Sunday, eating out on Wed. and more cake that I did horribly. Getting back OP tomorrow, have 2 months to get in some kind of shape before Indiana. Well, I am already in some kind of shape! Okay, being silly this morning. I think I got up too early for a Saturday. DS ceremony isn't till 1 pm but he has to be there at noon and it is about a 45 minute drive so....I think I am excited for him. Anywho, take care ladies and have a wonderful day/weekend. See ya later
FrouFrou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2004, 12:09 PM   #36  
RosieKate

Hi Everyone!
I've been MIA as I've been battling a cold, sniff. I've been able to stay on track with my food diary challenge and stay within my goals, so I feel pretty good about that. We'll see what the scale says on Monday

Marti - hang in there with school, you are doing a great job trying to stay on top of things while there is alot going on in your life. June is not that far away! Have you decided what to plant in Gpa's yard? I love dahlias, but haven't put them in my yard, yet. I have some lovely peonies about to bloom and my iris are all in bloom. Given where you live, iris would be a great choice. They take a season or two to get settled in their new home, but then they take off! Herbs are good,too. I've been working in the yard alot the last couple of days - mostly setting up the vegetables. Can you tell I love to garden?

Jana and Christi Way to go, gals! All your hard work is paying off...keep it up!

Susan how's the room decorating going? I did my kids' room in a kind of tropical theme - no characters. So far it has been tweaked very little and has lasted for 7 years. I remember being absolutely overwhelmed by all the junk a person can get for a kid's room and it was all stuff that would appeal to them maybe a couple of years before their tastes move on. So I stuck with simple, yet fun. Paint is cheap!

To everyone else...have a great weekend
RosieKate
Old 05-15-2004, 03:21 PM   #37  
RAR

HI! Everyone hopeing everything is going well for everyone and you are enjoying your weekend my computer has been down so have a lot of catching up to do just wanted to say HI! Rita
RAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2004, 04:05 PM   #38  
kitty Momo

Afternoon

Wonderful to see you posting Rita!!

YAY- for Cristi & Jana!!!! I am back up to 146- argh........that is ok. I mean what am I going to do?? Go eat a pizza and figure what I can do to do better?? lol
Wadder- is the only thing missing. I haven't been drinking as much because of the job. I can't be going to the restroom every 30 minutes, they probably would strat thinking I was sniffing something- *roll eyes*
I will have to figure something out.

I did buy the cutest blouse at Goodwill yesterday though- pink with tiny flowers on the front- reminds me of a Japanese style.

Ahhhh- the pictures. I only sent to a few because I didn't have everyones emails. If you wanna see my babies just let me know and I will email your way.

Whatelse?? Oh- the bedroom RosieKate- I am STILL cleaning it. I mopped this morning and still have some of Rachels stuff to haul to the garbage can.I will probably have to wait til my first full paycheck anyway to seriously start.

I have been getting child support checks the last month ----this after 6-7-8 months without receiving anything.Found out from his mother yesterday that he is on unemployment- so the State of Oregon is doing it for him. Just when I thought he was being responsible.....

I guess that is it. I did make it to Vermont Hills Coffee for a morning bagel with cream cheese- HAD to ahve it after months with going without! TAsted good- now I need to get serious again!

Sorry about the show Angie I meant to say that earlier.

Hi to EVERYONE!!
Old 05-15-2004, 11:21 PM   #39  
One day at a time

What's up ladies????

I must say today was such a nice day, except for a little bit of wind. Went to sons ceremony, took lots of pictures. Then went to a late lunch/early dinner, came home for cake and gift opening. I never thought I would say it but I am burnt out on cake-don't want anymore for a looooooong time! Which is good because the next big day is not until July. It was so nice I thought after the cake I would go outside and wash my mini-van, even though it wasn't too dirty. Don't have to wash it once a week like I did when we were on the gravel/dirt road which is nice. Also did a little bit of weeding. It was just too nice to stay indoors.

Hi Rita~glad to see ya checking in. Hope you got your computer problem fixed. Be careful, there are some viruses going around. We got the sasser virus and man was it a pain.

RosieKate~sorry to hear about having a cold, hope you are feeling better soon. with your WI on Monday. Keeping my fingers that the scales are good to ya.

Susan~sorry to hear about the gain. You've done so well with your weight loss, I know you will get that off by next WI. Oooooo, pizza sounds yummy! I had a late lunch/dinner and am kind of hungry right now. But I won't eat, it is too late-I'll be going to bed in an hour or so-depends on if anything is on or not.

Well, thought I would check in kind of quick and see how everyone's day went. I'll be back tomorrow sometime. Not much planned, just Mass. Take care ladies.

PS~I almost forgot to thank you so much Marti for the cute birthday card I received today! Also, Katie, thank you for the e-card, that was really cute-made me laugh because my sister does that. She will be singing a song that she doesn't know the words to and sings like the first few words and then just starts to mumble the rest-too funny. Anyway, THANKS ladies!
Old 05-16-2004, 01:13 AM   #40  

Late night ladies--

Today James & I got up early....then took off to Albany which is almost an hour away....went to look at a car. Wasn't what we had in mind and then went to a neighboring town. Went to a tattoo shop where an old friend (the one who did mine) was. I hadn't seen him in almost 7yrs. His daughter was there and I was amazed at how big she has gotten!! I remembered when she and Jhanai were babies up until they were three and always played together.

Then we came back to town and looked at lawn mowers....I'm in desperate need of one. Can't keep borrowing the rider from my grandpa,,,,,a pain to load it into the truck!

So it's been a long day! Doesn't seem like we did too much....but we were on the go it seems. Tomorrow if the weather permits, going to clean up our yard!! Maybe plant some flowers in my barrels I have.

I just wanted to check in today.....I will do individuals tomorrow. Right now, I'm in need of the bed!! You all have a good night!

Marti

PS....your welcome Cristi...glad you got it!!
Old 05-16-2004, 12:36 PM   #41  
kitty Momo

Good Morning-

Just wanted to say hello. I weighed and now the scale says 145- YAY. My goal is to be 144 next- WI- just take it a pound a week. Besides I feel pretty good where I am at.
Also, working this weekend , so don't have much time. I need to get some reports written up before I go get Gaby from my mothers ( who babysat her last night - in case I got a night call to go out- which.............I didn't - YAY ...)
Going to spend the day with their older girls. I have Rebecca's mother days flower pot on my desk now- Becky picked out navy blue marbles to put in the pot- which hold up the flowers.

OK- You all have a super day!!!

Susan
Old 05-16-2004, 01:43 PM   #42  
GmaTo8

Morning ladies,

Cristi - Yay for the 1# down!! And to lose anything at all during a birthday/anniversary week is awesome!! If you are comfortable posting pics of DS in his graduation gown, we'd love to see him.

RosieKate - yay to you also for staying op while sick. Good luck with weigh in tomorrow.

Hi Rita!

Susan - well at least you are getting some child support whether it was willing or not on ex's part. It all spends the same, lol. Sweetie, are you sure you need to lose anymore weight? You are looking very thin in your pics! You'd think I'm your mom, the way I nag you, lol. Sorry about that, but I can't help it! Hope you got the reports done and you have a good day with the girls.

Marti - sounds like you've got a busy weekend. Have fun!

Bad news today. My sister who lives in Illinois (Sara) had her grandson (my great nephew) get killed in a car accident early this morning. He was driving, and speeding and hit a tree and was thrown from the car (no seatbelt). He was 19. They are not sure if alcohol was a factor or not. So I will be going to a funeral late in the week - they have to wait for a cousin to get home from Korea or Kuwait or somewhere. He was a good-looking kid who had charm coming out of every pore, but didn't seem to know it, you know what I mean? Just charismatic without any ego in the way. Too sad..... I wasn't really all that close to him, though, because we hardly got to see the family.

I've got on a new top today that's been hanging in my closet just waiting for enough pounds to go away... what a feeling!

BBL,
Jana
Jane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2004, 02:28 PM   #43  
One day at a time

Hiya ladies

Jana~(((((HUGS))))) to you and your family. My heart goes out to you all. So sorry to hear of your great nephew. It really kills me to hear about young kids dying-they never really had a chance to live. It's just so sad. Many thoughts and prayers with you all. And once I get the film developed I will definitely share some photo's with you all. Vince took a bunch-he had the camera and I had the movie camera. WTG on the top. I have a top waiting for me to get into-I'm hoping to by July.

Marti~enjoy the outdoors today, that is weather permitting.

Susan~WTG on the pound! Do you weigh everyday? The flower pot sounds cute!

Not much going on with me today. Went to Mass this morning and need to do some laundry, that's about it. Just going to be lazy today. I feel like I have been on the run all week and just want to relax, read the newspaper and watch Lifetime all day!

Have a good Sunday all!
Old 05-16-2004, 06:40 PM   #44  

Wink

Hello--

I was on this morning, but James has been hogging the computer and it seems when I get on, he needs it!! So I'm going to take advantage right now while he's on the phone and do some yappin.

Got our yard mowed. Borrowed my grandpa's to get it down to ankle height!! After we returned it we stopped at Sears and bought a push mower!! Hurray!! I can keep up with it now! I pulled weeds up front and the side of the house, then I pulled some more out back along the fence. I'm tired and smelly!

Susan--I'm going to agree with Jana....from the photos you look at a perfect weight. But I understand wanting to be where YOU want to be. How about just trying to tone what you have instead of looking for weight loss? You'll notice a lot of thinning with toned muscles and not much weightloss.....(make sense?) Thanks for sending pictures....always nice to see updates!!

Jana--I'm so sorry about your nephew (great nephew?) How sad that is to have such a young person go! I worry about when Jhanai will be at the age to want to start driving!! I'll have to tell her she can go get her license the same age I did......28!!! (long story with that) My thoughts go out to your family!

Cristi--I'm coming over to plop myself on your couch and joining you on the lazy day! Plus I can keep you company! Got any popcorn??

RosieKate--Hope you start feeling better. Cristi and I need some company on her couch...have a girls chattering session! (goes for all you girls) Drink lots of fluids and get as much rest as you can!

Rita--Glad you popped in! I hope you don't have the virus that was going around! It was a pain I heard. Luckily we didn't get it on our computer!

Hi to all the rest of you girls.

I have a test tomorrow in accounting. Not feeling very confident about it. But all I can do is study and see what happens. I ended up with a high B in Math. Only because I forgot to add some titles to the answers!! Silly me.....

Well girls, I'm tuckered out....time to take a shower and rest.

chat with you all tomorrow.

Marti
Old 05-16-2004, 06:41 PM   #45  
RAR

HI! everyone hope you all had a great Sundaythe weather in Ohiohas been better ytoday cloudy but at least no rainso it was a lazy day for meand I enjoyed it did plant some seedsfor flowers just hope they will come up as I dont have a green thumb as for my weight I am climbing up again of courseI havent really been watchingwhat I have been eating but starting tomorrowI am going to start over once againso wish me luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!! well everyonehave a great Sunday!!!!!!! Rita
RAR is offline   Reply With Quote