Old 04-24-2004, 11:17 AM   #16  
kitty Momo

Morning-

Katy-
Don't you just love that?? Walking into the village?? It is a charming little area! You going to Purple Cow?? Joan & her husband are great basketball coaches- have coached my Rachel for the last 3 years. I was talked into volunteering for Bookbaggers- thinking I am spending the night. Look forward to it- haven't really volunteered as much as I should.The only thing I don't like about the school is the parking----oh wait---- there is no parking.....lol
Anyway- heading out your way in a second- love Vermont Hills coffee shop- there where OHSU has its medical offices!!! LOL

Anyway- YAY for maintaining Jana!! I gained backup to 145.5 from 143.5..........grrrrrr is right!!! I still haven't had my *monthly* though these bck pains have challenged me. Hope the walk at Oaks helps --

HAP?? It is Housing Authourity of Portland- provides low income housing through the HUD program - also vouchers. VERY excited about full time!!! I am ready to and think Gaby is ready for me too...lol....it has been a year of part time- need to bring in more $$$$$

Hi to everyone!!! My back is hurting and I am ready for a cup of jave and time with the girls

Church tomorrow!! YAY-

TTFN
Mom2Gaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2004, 12:44 PM   #17  

Height: 5'1"

Morning again--

I feel like I've been up forever and it's not even 10:00 yet!! The sun went and hid in the clouds.....darn sun...doesn't it want to cooperate with me and my moods??

RosieKate--Do you also have a dd names Gabriel?? that would make two Portlanders with Gaby's! (edit) I just read in your bio that you have two kids and neither are Gabriel......my mix up.

Susan--Thanks for the HAP definition. I will try not to forget!

Ok...Jhanai's calling for me...just got her out of the shower and she needs assistance...(or as we would call it "company")

I will chat with you later....Enjoy the weekend.

Marti

Last edited by M.N.J.; 04-24-2004 at 12:47 PM.
Marti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2004, 12:51 PM   #18  
self portrait

Default It has been awhile, I know

Hey Ya'all!!!! I know it has been awhile since I posted last, even thought I check in everyday, I am just too pooped to think about what to post and such. I am sooo exhausted from work. I am not used to getting up at 5:00 in the morning and sitting in training all day reading stuff on a screen is really draining. Just when you go to the hospital for someone you love and sit in the waiting room all day. You are sitting doing nothing, but god you feel tired when you get home. It is weird, but that is what I am feeling. My legs feel a little bit better this week, not feeling like I am getting blood clots too much anymore. I guess I should be thankful I have these hours while training, because in a couple weeks when it is over I will go to my regular shift which is nine at night until 5:30 in the morning. Thank god it is a $1.02 raise for that shift. Some incentive for doing that shift. AWWWW, but only some.
I am hoping with working again and then going back to a night shift, it will help losing the weight I want. I am not home to snack all day and at night I don't feel the need to eat a lot. I will probably be drinking more coffee, but not eating more. Plus they have an exercise room there, small, but it is something I won't have to pay for. So at lunch or break, I can walk on the treadmill and lift some weights without getting too sweaty and making everyone wear nose plugs when I go back to work. hee hee. I am not too thrilled with this job, but it is money coming in that I don't have. I am not joking, I have absolutely no money right now, none, nil, jiltch. My poor boyfriend has to pay for groceries and such. I am sure he is tired of it by now. It means less money for his golfing and his wants. Although he doesn't seem to be slowinng down on them. HHHMMMM maybe he is hiding how much money he has. hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Well, for some reason this week I have been really depressed with the fact that I want a baby and a dog and I can not have neither. Maybe it is because my 28th birthday is coming up and I don't have anything I thought I would have at this age. I am divorced, not married, no kids, no house, no money, no dog. I am just really sad about this. I have been torturing myself looking at pictures of puppies all this week. Myabe I should take a break from it today, but I can't. Maybe resting today will make me forget for a while. But i don't know. Anywho, I needed to get that out and feel like I was talking to someone about that.
Well, it is looking like a nice day today, maybe I can get out in it. I wish I had someone to walk with or something, but it looks like I have to go by myself. I also have been wanting, for a month now, to go to the Crab, seafood and wine festival in Astoria oregon this weekend, but could find no one to go with me, so I miss it again this year. POOH and double POOH. We also don't have many flea markets around here and I have been wanting to go to one one those. Maybe I could do some scrapbooking today , so it will feel like I accomplished something. I am chomping at the bit to do some home decorating or remodeling, but I don't own my own home. Which is frustrating, so I decided to subscribed to a couple home magazines and start a simple scrapbook of all my ideas and things that i see and like. That way if a miracle happens and i get a house someday, i can remember all my ideas and thoughts and be able to do some of them. Well, it sounds like a good idea anyway. hee hee
I guess I better stop rambling, I don't have anyone to talk to usually, so I tend to spill when I have so kind of forum to do so.
Congrats to all the weightloss wonders out there. I hope to be one of them soon, I cannot keep looking in the mirror and seeing crap anymore. So it is time to get my behind in gear.
Thanks to you all you cheering me up everyday reading your posts and your humor. Hope you all have a wonderful day and weekend.
chow for now
SqueakMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2004, 05:33 PM   #19  
GmaTo8

Thumbs up

Woo hoooooo we're back up!!!!!

Marti - hope you've had a good weekend with Jhania.

RosieKaty - how'd the fam like the new recipe? If it was tasty, share it with us, okay?

Susan - we want details about the group at church... how'd it go?

Shanna - it's really cool that you will have the use of a free gym! That is worth a lot of $$! I really like the idea you have about making a scrapbook of decoration idea. You are pretty darn creative to come up with that....

Cristi - I guess your post didn't make it before the shut down.

Thanks to the ones who emailed me! I don't remember who said what, but I know I really liked hearing from you guys!!

Katie's play was real cute. She said she was nervous, but it didn't show.

I feel better today about the weight thing, but thanks to all of you who encouraged me by email, and on here, too. It really makes a difference to have friends like you guys!

Gotta go bowling at the arcade,
Jana
Jane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2004, 10:02 PM   #20  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Smile

Darn, my post didn't make it-it was a very long one and I don't remember what was said so please excuse me ladies for not responding to each and everyone of you now. I was typing away yesterday and when I went and clicked on submit it said they were down-bummer. So I didn't know if it took my post or not. But, I am so happy that 3fc is up and running again, I was having withdrawals! Anywho, just wanted to check and see if we were back up and say HI to EVERYONE!

So how was everyone's weekend?

I did a little bit of scrapbooking, cleaning, and some reading. Wanted to get my hands in the dirt but will have to wait a couple more days. Some of it is dry on the surface, but most is still a little muddy. I skipped out on church today, felt like a kid back in school. Ooops! did I say that?! I got all dressed up and went in and sat down and who walks in? A substitute preacher. The guy is soooooooooooo boring and he speaks like he is reading from a piece of paper, shows no emotion, his tone doesn't change and he puts EVERYONE to sleep. That's terrible isn't it? Walking out of church. I guess it was better than sitting there talking though-out the service trying to stay awake.

Jana~glad Katie's paly went well. What was she in again? Sorry, I forgot. Glad the yard sale went well also.

That's about all I have for now. See ya ladies tomorrow.
FrouFrou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2004, 10:59 PM   #21  

Hey were back up and running!!

Didn't realize how much this place was addicting until it goes.......(I should have remembered that from last time) Glad we had e-mails to keep in touch though.

Today was beautiful. I really wanted to do some weeding but Jhanai had me promise that I wouldn't do yard work while she was over. So instead I cleaned up this office room. It really needed it. And I managed to get the closet to look more presentable. I'm waiting for the shed my grandpa is making us (our wedding gift) so I can store a bunch of it out there instead of in here. Also, once we get the shed, (I believe it's a 10x10) we will be able to take what is out in our other attached to the house shed and transfer all our stuff. That way we can get it fixed up for a workout room!! I'm really excited about that.

Jhanai and I went for a walk today. Went over to the church's play yard so she could swing. Took some photo's. Then we walked over to Safeway to get ourselves a drink to take home. Was a nice walk. Almost too hot out for it though...we should have left earlier. (can you believe I just said it was almost too hot????)

Well girls....I have to say....that I'm really feeling frumpy, bloated, and FAT!! And it's not even near time for TOM!! Sucks. I kept looking at my face in the mirror wondering where my cheek bones went too. I"ve been eating very well...getting into the salad mode, but need to find other things or else I will get bored with that quickly. And I have been keeping up with my crunches. I think I will start walking more. Grab my MP3 and pedometer and start walking. Just kind of sucks being alone. BUT....must work on myself. Get fit before I even reach 35!! (yeah, it's a year and half away...but heck.....I could gain 40-50lbs. more in that time!!)

Alrighty then, I just wanted to pop in and see if we were up yet and we are.....I will do more yapping individually tomorrow. I need to go post in the 21 day challenge. You all have a good night.

Marti
Old 04-26-2004, 08:50 AM   #22  
GmaTo8

Hiya ladies,

Cristi - I am getting real bad about skipping church. But the people there aren't very friendly, and it gets old. We have a new church that is interdenominational and I think I'm going to check it out. Katie's play was Amy Goes Army. It was a comedy and the girls were funny!

Marti - glad you had fun with Jhanai. And you are doing really good with your exercises! I need to have a set time to do mine so I will be more consistant.

Hi to all the others...

Today Neal and I are going to have lunch at preschool with Mackenzie Jo - it's "Have Lunch With Your Grandparents" day. When I talked to her yesterday, she was really excited about it, lol. Oh to be 5 again, lol.

Gotta go,
Jana
Old 04-26-2004, 10:22 AM   #23  

Good Morning everyone--

Sun is out....must remember to find my sunglasses (which are being held together with a piece of wire) before I leave later. Nothing like having sun in your eyes when your driving!!

Jana--Are they still working on the server?? I kept getting booted off last night and then it would say that this site isn't available. Very irratating when you're in a middle of a post. (but I did manage last night) Just kind of wondering what was going on. Have fun with the grandparents day at school!! I remember going to Jhanai's Mommy day in kindergarden. She was so proud to have me there. It was fun. But as she gets older, the other kids get harder to calm down.....and when she wants me to volunteer for field trips I don't feel like I have the patience......(awful aren't I?) although, I haven't actually had time available when she has these field trips. She has an overnight field trip coming and her dad is taking her.......that ought to be interesting.......(picture piercings, tattoo's, stretched ears...and so on) But the kids find him entertaining!

Cristi--Scrapbooking!! What did you do? Give me some inspiration! I have my stuff out everyday and have yet to do the page I want to do!! I've tried different techniques and not one of them has caught my fancy to want to keep it!! As for church...we stay until they do the part with the bread and wine (can't figure out what that's called yet!! Just started going again.) The church is always so crowded!! And it's just about over when we leave, that way we can actually drive out! (although we should just walk home since it's just a field away!!!) I think they need to brighten up the church. It's been around way before I was born and it's all done in dark wood.....I think it would wake a lot people up if they did a little painting. (do they do Trading Spaces for Churches??)

Morning to the rest of you!! We're back up...so come back and check in!!

Ok...time to do my hair and get out the door for school. I'm really debating if I want to go to math today......so boring. But I should go just to absorb knowledge!! OT here, but you know, I went to school while pregnant with both kids....Kaarle (pronounced Carly) when I was a senior in highschool and Jhanai while I was going to college....and they are both above average in most of their classes!! Hmmmm...think they absorbed more of the classes than I did??

Ok..enough yappin....gotta get to school.

BBL tonight for individuals (if anyone else checks in that is)

Marti
Old 04-26-2004, 11:32 AM   #24  
RosieKate

Default It's a new week!

I couldn't get on this site all weekend, so time for a little catch-up.

Jana - Everyone liked the collards except DD who is 2 and hates everything but bananas, yogurt, and pizza. Sigh. It was pretty simple. I made up a parmesan sauce (white sauce with 1/4 c. fresh parmesan thrown in) and tossed it with some cooked fusilli pasta. It was very light - like 1 c. sauce to 4 c. pasta. For the collards, I removed the stems then rolled the leaves up tight like a big cigar then cut them into 1/8" strips at a diagonal. Then I sauteed them in olive oil for a minute or two and seasoned with salt and pepper. I heaped a cup of greens on top of a cup of the pasta mixture and sprinkled some fresh parmesan on that. It was yummy! I think it would have been even better had I sauteed the greens with some garlic and/or red pepper, but my son would have been put off, so I kept it mellow (for now )

Susan - Bookbaggers should be fun - I look forward to getting involved next year. DS doesn't play basketball, so I don't know about Purple Cow. He's kind of odd - doesn't like team sports. But he's young, it could change. Right now he's into swimming and fencing. He also likes taikwondo and has recently learned to golf. You started church? We recently joined St. Luke and are really enjoying it.

Marti -Sorry about Gabriel. It's a huge urban park in my neighborhood and I should have referred to it as Gabriel Park. It's a nice walk and I'm fortunate that I am within walking distance. Saves me $$ on a gym membership.

Squeakmouse - your post moved me as I saw myself at age 30 in your words. I think your idea of getting out and accomplishing something is a good idea and will do you a world of good. Even just getting outside for some fresh air and experience nature can elevate your mood and once you feel good about one little part of your life - it spreads to other parts like wildfire. When I was 30, I couldn't find a job in my field, I wanted a baby but couldn't get pregnant, and my marriage was on the rocks. I recognize that desolation one feels when nothing is going the way you want it to. With some hard work we turned it around... so you hang in there!

Ok this week - I'm continuing with my plan to track all my food on fitday and walk 5x. I'm down a pound. I wish it were more, but I'm feeling that ol' familiar bloating and achiness, so I'm going to hold steady until TOM comes and goes.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 04-26-2004, 02:26 PM   #25  
One day at a time

Hi ladies~

Jana~I still haven't found a church that I feel at home with. I grew up baptist, but didn't always go to a babptist church. Vince is Lutheran and my oldest decided he wanted to be Catholic so that is where we go-with him. I feel kind of odd not being Catholic but the people are friendly, and accepting and Father Mike is terrific so for now we will stay there. He ususally let's everyone know when he is going to have a stand-in but we missed the Sunday before because I was too embarrassed about that fever blister, it was just gross looking. Hope you enjoy grandparents day with Mckenzie Jo.

Marti~Oh, I didn't get much done on the scrapbook. I started the one for the house and have waaay too many pictures. I need to make a trip to the scrapbook store and get those flip-top thingy's to put a lot of pictures on one page. I've got to start another one of me from a child to now to share on our get-together. Glad you and Jhanai had a nice time together and the weather was good.

Shanna~just remember, everything will fall into place for you when the time is right. Oh, but I would love to have a new puppy dog. And anytime you need to talk just remember we are here to listen. That is great you have a gym at work, that will come in handy for ya.

Susan~how did Rachel like her trip? And have you heard from Alex yet? How was church?

Hi to everyone else.

I got out this morning and played in the mud! May as well have because I got it all over me. Was feeding the roses and trying to level the ground where we planted the shrubs and pull some weeds. We are going to put a brick trim around it and fill it with mulch one of these days. Got some straightening up to do around the house and laundry, same old stuff. I may go clean my car out. It is clean , just need to armour all the vinyl. did I mention that I lost 1.5 lbs. this past WI?? Can't remember if I mentioned that. I did I think in the post that was lost. I was hoping for a bigger loss but I will take what I can get. Anywho...take care ladies and have a good day.
Old 04-26-2004, 04:40 PM   #26  

Wink It's just beautiful out!!

Afternoon ladies--

Today is such a pretty day and it's a terrible thing knowing that I have homework to do!! Sheesh!! I just might take it outside if I feel up to tackling the cat that wants constant attention!!

Well so far I'm not booted off. I was having a difficult time just being able to get onto a thread!! So hopefully when I submit...it will go through.

RosieKate--Thanks for the clear up on Gabriel. You have a great goal for the week. Do you just do it week at a time? I think that's a great idea. After all my homeowork, I'm going to go for a walk around the neighborhood. I may wait until later in the afternoon when it's cooler. The sun is just beaming too much to be comfortable. And who wants to see me sweat so much just from a stroll?? How do you like fitday? I have used it many times, but I just don't like how it doesn't calculate things I made myself (such as soup) Too much. So I'm just going to journal my eating in a notebook. (just to see what went in my mouth for the day!)

Cristi--WTG on that 1.5lbs!! Better than nothing all right? Aren't you the one who had that poem for the one pound? or was it Jana? Either way I printed it out and it such a great and inspirational poem. Keeps me in mind that every little bit counts.

Hi to Shanna (I sent you an e-mail in reply to your post) Jana--Susan--Katie--Kayecee--Angie--Rita--Kathy--and whoever else I may have missed!! (my mind is drawing a blank here)

I better get off the computer and get some stuff done. So I can enjoy a walk later and the sunshine. Talk with you all later....(I'm sure I'll be back tonight!)

Marti
Old 04-26-2004, 05:52 PM   #27  
One day at a time

Hiya ladies~

Just a quickie here as I probably won't be checking back till tomorrow sometime. I've got to go to therapy early, supposed to take 1 1/2-2 hours! Then have errands to run.

Marti~ so much. Yes, it was I who posted the poem about 1 pound and it is always in the back of my mind. I know that they say more than 2 pounds a week is too fast but usually the first week of being OP a person loses a little more. But I'm not complaining because I think 1.5 is good. Now to keep up the pace.

Hoping to lose a few pounds before the trip in July. Oh, Jana, I will be deciding on a date this evening, going to discuss it with the hubby then will let ya know a definite date. Actually, I may send two in case one is better for you than the other.

You know Marti, I too tried FitDay and it was the same for me, plus the fact that it took waaaay too much time to do. It is faster for me to write what I eat and the points in my daily journal. I keep all the info I need in it.

Well, I need to get going, want to catch the early evening news before I start dinner. Hope everyone is having a nice day. Take care ladies and I'll see ya tomorrow.
Old 04-26-2004, 07:41 PM   #28  

Hi again--

Well I haven't taken a walk yet and I think I'm going to hold off until later. It's so warm out that I had to turn on the A/C in my house!! Not complaining too much though. (or am I?)

I caught up to most of my homework. I have math to do yet. But it's just to finish up a page. And it's not due until Wednesday so I may just wait to do it during my break in school tomorrow. (what fun!) I had just finished doing a Adv. Word chapter and it's on Electronic Forms. Kind of fun.

Too bad you girls are meeting in Indiana this year........I would love to meet you so you could all say later to your hubby's "My, that Marti is something else....I don't know about her!" hee-hee.....I'm sure Shanna wonders why she's a friend of mine. Ok...I'm just teasing. I'm really a super sweet girl...honest!! As long as were not co-workers than we're ok!! (apparently I change to the mean Marti when I'm at work!) [No wonder James doesn't want me to work!]

Ok...I better get off of here.

Chat with you later
Marti
Old 04-26-2004, 07:48 PM   #29  
GmaTo8

Talking

Hello ladies,

Marti - if you're like me when I was a smoker, I hated to even think about field trips cause I couldn't go that long w/o a cigarette! But I am so proud of you for what all you are doing for your health! Hope you aren't still getting booted off! I haven't had any prob w/that so far. Btw, you are talking about Communion when they take the host (bread) and wine.

RosieKate - Yay for the 1 pound down!! Did you mention which program you're doing? If so, I missed that.... Mmmmm! Your recipe sounds so good! I just love anything with Parmesan on it.

Cristi - Yay for the 1 1/2 pounds down!! That is nothing to sneeze at, missy!! It's the equivalent of 6, yes 6, sticks of butter!!! I am really looking forward to meeting you in Evansville! I could use a couple of days away from domesticity, lol.

Susan and Angie - where are you two???

I also use a notebook to track my points everyday. Well, it's a 3-ring binder and school paper, lol. I also keep my restaurant guide, points slider, loss record, body measurements, points range, andthe FT program in there. I made Neal promise that if I die unexpectantly he will burn it w/o looking through it, lol.

Lunch with Mackenzie was so much fun. She was in trouble when we got there for taking her shoes off and refusing to put them back on, but she apologized to the teacher and then got to help pass out stuff for the lunch. We sat on those itty bitty chairs at an itty bitty table with my knees almost wrapped around my neck, lol. I allowed 6 points for lunch and had no trouble staying within the range. Anyway, I'm so glad we went.

TTFN,
Jana
Old 04-26-2004, 09:39 PM   #30  
kitty Momo

Happy Monday!!

Glad to have the site back up!

Awesome weather today. Though a tad hot for this Oregonian- think the perfect weather is around 75*- what was it today in Portland , Katy??? I haven't seen the news- think mid 80.

I know I said Purple Cow- what a scatter brain I am....lol.
When you (Katy) said you were walking in the village for a birthday present I thought of a toy store- Purple Cow.
Purple Cow though is in Astoria, should have said Thinker Toys- Joan & Ty who own the store are or have been my Rachel's basketball coaches in the past. Just thinking you might know them since you go to Thinker Toys?? Unless you were buying a present somewhere else in the village?? lol

CONGRATS to Cristi & Katy on the weight loss!!! YAY-

Shanna- hey sweetie ........I would walk with you and go to the Astoria crab festival. Actually the festival is in Hammond , don't know why the call it Astoria- love that place!!! Funny but we never did go to the festival- cost $$$$ and we were always too cheap...lol-
Also- I wasn't very happy where I was at 27/28 either. I was going from one marriage to another- just about to have kids- but it wasn't that perfect life- don't know if there is such a thing???? I JUST started feeling comfortable in my own skin after my last divorce.Also........lol- this is the first job I have applied for and held just on my own- HUGE step for me - and I am coming up on my first year and I am going full time- YAhhhhhhooo.
Takes time Shanna- also......... think I am a better parent now in my *later* years....Gaby keeps me hopping at 40
Geez- was trying to cheer you up but think I am trying to cheer me up....lol

Just a busy day. Rachel came back with a boyfriend- Levi....*roll eyes* he lives about 14 miles away and I promised to go get him this Saturday and they can hang out over at my place- go swimmimg and do some pizza or something.He is a nice kid- but I don't call him a boyfriend- these kids are too young for this stuff.

I DIDN'T make Breakfast Club- sorry!!! I couldn't go in- so many people- next Sunday I PROMISE to actually go IN the room......lol

Oh- St Luke is right by my ex - Katy- he is real close to St Fisher also- that is where he attends. I personally go to Portland Christian- have gone there almost 2 years now -on and off. It is a huge church- hard to get to know people. I do attend a bible study on Tuesday mornings but miss out on the evening activities. It had a wonderful children ministry but Rachel & Becky go with their dad most of the time. Though the Gabster LOVES her baby time with the other lil ones!!

Anyway, Breakfast Club is just what they call the class for single adults-

No word from Alex since Thursday- wouldn't assume and not holding my breath....lol........

Ok- question Katy. I walked from Gabriel Park to West Slope Library today- think that is 2 1/2 miles at least one way?? So, 5 miles round trip?? I should clock it........what do you think??

I better get busy- I hope to be full time next Monday!

TTFN
Mom2Gaby is offline   Reply With Quote