Old 04-20-2004, 03:09 PM   #16  

Nice Job Carri!!!
Scuzin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2004, 07:07 PM   #17  

YEAH FOR CARRI! SHE IS NOW OFFICIALLY OUT OF TWOTERVILLE AND INTO UNOVILLE! GREAT JOB GIRL!

I am about ready to throw this piece of crap computer down the stairs. Actually, it is the windows program that is loaded on this thing (ME) that makes it not work, lock up etc but I have just about had it. I had to restart it 5 times this evening so I could come and post.

Well I had another 4 pt day today so I feel really good about that. I was under calories again, which is ok by me though I do try and stick pretty close to what I am allowed to keep my metabolism where it should be.

Hope everyone is doing great.

Julie: Congrat on the new van. Even though it is just the two of us, I don't know what I would do without what my dd calls our big a** car. We had two huge rolling duffels, another duffel, a shoulder cosmetic bag, a laptop backpack, a garment bag and my big ole handbag all in the trunk to go to the airport with no problem. I would never have thought it would all go in there.

Have a good evening girls and talk to you tomorrow!

Faye
gma22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2004, 09:58 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 249/215/165

Height: 5/5

Evening all.

Faye if windows me is lockingup on you check to see how much spyware you have on your puter. Also do you have a trojan checker. I had me but upgraded to xp pro. I came home one evening and me decided that it was going to switch the format of my computer so that I was the end of that. Also make sure that there isnt any more updates for me. All of which I am sure that you already know about.

Carri----YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!

Julie, a new van. Nice!!

Sorry that this is short but the weekend has worn me out. Worked 14hrs on sat and 17 on sun and only got about 3 hrs of sleep before work on mon. So exhaustion has done me in. BTW I got my glider in today. Time to get busy,

sandy
gigglez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2004, 09:09 AM   #19  
It is what it is...

Thanks Faye, Susan, and Sandy !!! I feel really good right now...that was a major goal...

I had a 3 pointer yesterday, no exercise, I will try to today....

I am so tired this morning, I keep saying that I am going to go to bed early everynight and still keep going to bed about 11:00 or 12:00 ... maybe tonight it might actually happen...

Julie - where are ya girl? You usually post before me of a morning...

Sandy - that is alot of working this weekend, you need to rest up

Check back in later when things liven up a bit
Satine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2004, 09:20 AM   #20  

WEDNESDAY: Today is Wednesday's Woes. Do you have a problem we can help fix or just commiserate with you?

Morning ladies. I couldn't sleep and got up last night and stayed up until past midnight so I am kind of dopey this morning along with the fact it is warm and humid already this morning and I feel plain sticky. I have the ac at 75 just to keep the bill down. We have been having trouble with MLGW (our utilitiy company) incorrectly reading our meters etc. They did it before we left for vacation and I had them come back out, but they never reissued a new bill so I am sitting on this one until I hear from them, which probably won't be until the next one comes out! Stupid people! Worst run company in the world.

Sandy: Hope you are getting some rest and getting back to normal. Those long hours are tough I know. We have always had trouble with ME not working properly and Jack is building a new computer so I am trying to just hold on until it is done then we are going to put XP on the one I currently have. BTW how do you check for spyware?????

Carri: Sounds like we were in the same boat last night. I am not an evening person and usually am in bed really early, but for some reason I just couldn't sleep, probably menopausal junk.

Well, need to get dressed, get chores done and out the door to exercise. Talk to you all later today.

Faye
Old 04-21-2004, 12:10 PM   #21  

Ok, for the third time today..............

WOOOHHOOOOO FOR CARRRIIIEEE!!!!!!!!!

You rock girl!! I don't care if you don't see 199 for another week....you saw it once, and that's a HUGE accomplishment. I'm so proud of you!

Yesterday bit....A friend of mine's 3year old daughter fell out of a hayloft onto a concrete floor. She has a skull fracture and was in icu yesterday. She is apparently going to be ok, though. The neurosurgeon said she's doing nicely. But I went to visit her in the hospital and then went to do some errands. it was an on the go, eat where you can kind of day......so no points for me. THough I "think" I probably go enough water. But, today's better.

Don't know why but I've tried to post twice today and nothing went through. So, I hope this one makes it cuz I gotta get off the computer and work on some show stuff.

Sandy and Faye.......hope the sleepies disappear soon.

Everyone have a day today!

Later babes,
Julie
Mirabelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2004, 12:21 PM   #22  
Losing It :D

Arrow

Good Morning Everyone!

Well we got home from the city at 8:00pm, was it ever a long day! I did tonnes of walking, I have a hip problem and my hip use to be soar all of the time, since I started working out and losing weight my hip stopped aching, but this morning is it ever aching from all of the walking yesturday so I think I will take it easy on the excerise today.

The check up went well, I lost another 5 kilos around 10 pounds since my last visit which is good. The doctor was happy with all of the weight I am losing... My creatine was low which was really good (creatine- the amount of waste in the blood)

Thats about it..I'll check in later, I dont think I have anything for woe's wednesday...

Take Care,
Amanda

P.S Oh yeah...I ate pretty good too...for breakfast I had an oatmeal to go bar and a V8 drink...for lunch, which was around 3pm was a chicken breast burger ( I only ate half the bun) no mayo and a few fries...with apple juice...I did cheat a little I got a small slurpee from 7-11 and I had some chips.
Amanda456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2004, 01:08 PM   #23  

Hello
Ugh, I'm not feeling well today so I don't know if I'll make it to the gym...
I've gotten back on track with water though...I'm in a challenge in another thead.
Hope you all are well
Scuzin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2004, 02:12 PM   #24  
Gym'll fix it!!

Hi Ladies

Carri, Well Done!

Julie, glad to hear that your friends daughter will be OK Hope you enjoy your new van too

Amanda456, You are doing brilliantly

I have'nt treadmilled since 6th April because i've been so busy doing outdoor stuff on the property i suppose lugging rounds of firewood around is a workout but i feel like i'm not doing my bit really i know that i am and more i've not been planning my meals either which is a drawback but when you are out most of the day you just tend to look for the easiest thing to make i need to get more organised and back in the swing of things or i'll never see any results.
cat90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2004, 02:28 PM   #25  

I have got to be the sloppiest and clutziest painter in the world! Man am I ever tired and all I did today was two big cabinets and a set of small ones over the stove, but it kills my feet to stand on the ladder or for that matter to stand in one place for a long time (weight and flat feet DO NOT GO TOGETHER!) I got them done though so now I have the whole other side to do, which is of course where most of the cabinets are.

Julie: I am so very sorry about your friend's daughter. Hope she heals fast and I will say a prayer for her and her family.

Susan: Take care of yourself and try and get some rest and feel better!

Cat: I know what you mean about exercising other than straight gym work etc. Sometimes it is harder than a workout at the gym. You will be pleased with you results though.

Well, I look like Frosty the Snowman so I need to shower this paint off before Jack gets home in a couple hours.

I got on the scales this morning and am 8 lbs down from when I came home from Vegas so at least all those buffets are coming off!

Faye

Forgot my thought for the day: THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: WHEN YOU PICK UP THAT JUNK FOOD TO EAT, BEFORE YOU DO, THINK ABOUT LAYING IN A COFFIN AND THE MOST IMPORTANT PERSON IN THE WORLD LOOKING DOWN AT YOU!
Old 04-21-2004, 02:39 PM   #26  
It is what it is...

Julie - Thanks, you know how long I have waited to see those numbers...
Sorry to hear about your friends daughter, but glad that she will be okay...

Faye - Morbid thought for the day huh? Great job on the 8 pounds down, you have a great start to getting all the way back on track. Hold steady and you will be in Twoterville before you know it!

Susan - Take care, hope you feel better soon

Amanda456 - Great job on the loss, keep it up!!!!

Cat - Thanks for the "well done", I have worked hard...I know everyone of us can do it if we just set our minds to it and encourage one another.

Have a great day ladies!!!
Satine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2004, 06:22 PM   #27  

Carri: Yeah, it is morbid, but sometimes that is what it takes to wake people up knowing their loved ones might have to deal with their death. When I start to put junk in my mouth I think about how Jack would feel having to see me in my coffin and I plain don't eat it.

Hope everyone had a great day today. It rained really hard here today and was pretty windy and I guess we are supposed to get more of the same tomorrow but we need rain so......

Did anyone see Dr Phil today about sexual confidence? It was pretty interesting and funny too. It is amazing how many of us sit back and pretty much watch the world go by because we are afraid to tell our spouses what we want or are so ashamed of our bodies that we let it interfere with intimacy. I am so glad that even in our "twilight" years so to speak that Jack and I have an open communication about sex and enjoy intimacy with each other. It goes a long way in feeling good about yourself along with losing weight.

Have a great evening girls and stay OP!

Faye
Old 04-21-2004, 07:16 PM   #28  
2006 - Panda Remix

Hi all!

I'm just popping in to say

CONGRATULATIONS CARRI !!!! on reaching 'onederland' - you deserve all of our congratulations as I know you have worked consistently hard for this - you are a great example to us all!

I am really struggling with a bout of depression at the moment - both me and Nigel are having a really tough time, but are hanging in there. The good news is we have not had a takeaway! Okay, this is probably due to the fact that we seriously cannot afford it - but it's still good news - dare I say it, I think I am getting used to not having them!

Congrats Faye on the 8lb loss!

Love Amanda xx
Amanda Panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2004, 09:15 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 249/215/165

Height: 5/5

Real quick as I am about to collaspe as I have worked all day and have 2 very active boys here tonight.

Faye on the spyware here is a few answers for you. Go to webattack.com and download a program call spysweeper. That one is pretty good. THere are some programs that you have to pay for but I have a free version of it make sure that is what you get. Also go to lavasoft.com and get adaware 6.0 it checks for spyware as well. There is also a program called spybot s&d it works but I dont like it as well.

Gotta run sleep one of these days I will be able to catch up
gigglez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2004, 12:40 AM   #30  

Default At my Wit's end!

First let me say Congrats to Carri! You are a true winner!

Sorry to be posting sooo late - Woe #1 - had a hectic day preparing documentation to fire one of my student advisors. It has been so unpleasant.

Woe #2 - I am soooo depressed. I am eating 3 meals a day, getting 75 oz of water in, and treadmilling 1.5 miles a day and I am not losing weight or inches. As a matter of fact I am gaining again - back up to 230. I am on the verge of uncontrollable crying.

I am charting everyday on my goal poster - It sits on top of my treadmill so I can look at the chart, the goals, the inspirational poems. I read inspirational books and books about health every morning on the treadmill as well. I pray for good health and discipline everyday in my morning meditation. The only white processed food I eat is diet bread (40 cals a slice) and never more than 2 slices a day, no more than 2 times a week. And yet, nothing is happening. How long is this supposed to last?

My dh says I have killed my metabolism. The book I am reading now is about eating for your metabolic type. However, according to the experts in this field I am eating right. I am at the end of my rope.

I know I will feel better in the morning and I will still get on the treadmill. My goal was to run the 5k in the Race for the Cure and to drop a dress size for my trip to Disneyworld in 3 weeks. If anyone has been plateauing forever let me know there is an end.

Mscat
mscat816 is offline   Reply With Quote