Old 04-30-2004, 10:55 AM   #31  

Welcome RoseKate, A Portlander I see! Me too...well sort of. I'm at OSU at the moment but I grew up just south of Portland.

I'm on day 12 here...Over the hump! and I've got some news....I'm down another 2 pounds which means I've lost ALL the weight I put on this winter PLUS a pound...This is the lightest I've been since I remember stepping on the scale in the 5th grade and I had broken 100 lbs. (I avoided scales at all costs) ALSO....I am ONE POUND from no longer being Obese!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by Scuzin; 04-30-2004 at 11:09 AM.
Scuzin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2004, 04:44 PM   #32  
RosieKate

Susan - that's great news! The challenge is helping, I'm sure. Plus your great attitude I just survived a trip to Costco and didn't take ANY samples...didn't want to write them down. Onward......
RK
Old 04-30-2004, 04:59 PM   #33  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

WTG Susan (scuzin)!! And CONGRAT'S on your weight loss, that is awesome!!

Like Marti I am having to start over. I really messed up yesterday so I am going to regroup and get back on track tomorrow. This is really hard but I know I can do it. I did it with the water and the vitamins and I will do this also. It may take a few tries, but I will do it!

Rosiekate~WTG on not taking the samples at Costco! Glad to see ya jump aboard the challenge thread.
FrouFrou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2004, 09:56 AM   #34  
RosieKate

Day Two - Complete!

My ISP went down, but as soon as it was fixed, I posted for the day (on FitDay). This challenge is helping me stay on track......onto to day 3....a brand new day!
Old 05-01-2004, 10:07 AM   #35  

Height: 5'1"

Morning ladies--

Ok today I'm starting over. I have decided that I will be doing ANY type of excercise in the next 21 days! I don't want to exclude it to just crunches. I get bored with that and I need variety.

RosieKate--Glad to see you over here!! Glad this challenge is helping you out!! I love that you passed by the Costco samples!!! I always find myself searching for the best ones!!!

Cristi--Well hey, nothing like having company while I'm starting over! We'll get ourselves on track! Don't you worry!!

Scuzin--WTG on the 2lbs!!!!! I'm so happy for you!! Keep up the good work and next week I'm sure we'll see even more weight loss!!

Ok ladies...I will check in later this evening to post my first day down.

Until then
Marti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2004, 12:59 PM   #36  

Talking One down!!

I'm back!!

Day One went great!!!

I did some pushups....OMG, I have no upper body strength!! So only did 10 of those. Then I did some crunches.(about 50 or so) Then I decided that it was still early in the day to get a walk in before it gets too hot. So I got ready to go and I was thinking just down a few blocks and back again so I can just get used to the area.....I ended up walking for 45mins!!! I'm so happy. I walked all around one part of the town. Walked alongside the river, down main street (that was too busy) then I finished by taking the bike trail towards home. Felt good to get out!!

And even though it's not part of my challenge I've already drank 40oz. of water this morning!! AND took my vitamin. Boy, I'm on a roll! That 2lb gain really got to me!!

Hope everyone else is doing great as well.....
I'll be back tomorrow!
Old 05-01-2004, 01:04 PM   #37  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

Hey, can anyone join in? Sorry that some are starting over today, but maybe I can start today also. I am going to challenge myself to walking every day, if not outside then on the treadmill. (I hate the treadmill)

suetalks
suetalks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2004, 01:10 PM   #38  

Hi Sue!!

Of coarse you can join! This is for anyone who feels they need a challenge to keep them going. Kind of like being accountable to someone (or something like that)

So YES!!!! Join us and this will be day one for a few of us. Start days will vary for everyone so don't worry about not keeping up.

***just a reminder, after 50 posts on this thread, I (or anyone else) will start a new thread, 21 Day Challenge #3......we'll just continue on from there. Just so you know that you don't have to "start over" with a new thread. We do this so the threads don't get so long that we're scrolling back forever to see whose done what.***
Old 05-01-2004, 01:48 PM   #39  
I can dream, can't I?

Cool...Thanks for telling me about the 50 post thingy. I would have been lost. You have had way more energy than me this morning. Keep up the good work.

suetalks
Old 05-01-2004, 10:58 PM   #40  
I can dream, can't I?

WooHoo...I warmed up for 15 minutes with exercise and then walked for 1 hour. Just as I finished the rain started again and I got a little damp, but I sure felt good to get it in.

Sue
Old 05-01-2004, 11:10 PM   #41  

Hi y'all
Welcome Sue!
Marti - I know all too well what you mean...I have such weak arms!
I'm in the middle of day 13 over here, having fun playing dress up in all the costumes I have to wear for my scenes/monologue in my Acting Styles class. Should be fun.
Everyone have a good weekend
Scuzin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2004, 10:27 AM   #42  
RosieKate

Day 3 - Done!
Marti - WTG on your exercise! I envisioned your walk, I bet Cottage Grove was really pretty yesterday, especially along the river.

Welcome Sue - Good job on your walking plan. I try to walk 5x, didn't do so great this week. My challenge is to keep my food diary every day.

Christi & Susan - Hope your weekends are going well - sending 21 day support vibes your way......
RK
Old 05-02-2004, 01:55 PM   #43  
I can dream, can't I?

Day 2 for me and it is raining and cold. I am really going to have to force myself to do this walking thing today. Oh well, as they say "just do it."
Marti..I would not be able to do the exercises you are doing...but I intend to do what I can.
Susan..day 13, that's great. Keep it up.
RosieKate...I have never kept a food diary. I have been trying this week to jot things down just so I remember what I have eaten. Maybe I need to go one further and figure the calories, etc.
Christi..Hope your challenge is back on track.
Oh..I think I see the glimmer of the sun. I gotta go walk NOW.

Sue
Old 05-02-2004, 09:54 PM   #44  

Default Day 2

Day two completed.

I helped a friend move today and that was more exercise than I had done in a long time!! (since I moved!)

Lots of squatting and lifting and I'm pretty sore. But it's all good. So I'm counting that as my exercise for the day!!

The rest of you are doing great!!! Cristi....how are you doing? Have you started over yet?

Ok....I'll try to check in tomorrow.
Old 05-02-2004, 10:13 PM   #45  
I can dream, can't I?

Day 2 complete here.
I got a 45 minute walk in even though it was an ugly day weather-wise.

Sue