Old 04-17-2004, 05:14 PM   #46  
2006 - Panda Remix

Wink

Hi Friends!

Thanks for the warm welcome - it's good to be back!

Welcome back to Amanda and Mscat - good on you for coming back to the fold!

I've spent some time today giving myself a good talking to about my diet. I've had a close look at why I keep failing at my attempts to lose weight - I just wrote down what was in my heart and lots of stuff came out - some of them practical, most of them psychological. I struggle alot with depression which leaves me feeling numb alot of the time - and food is one of the few things that bring me pleasure. I definately have a unhealthy relationship with food - I use it to 'self medicate', to try to make me feel better if only for a few minutes - but as soon as I've finished I feel worse. I'm trying to understand why I find sticking to a diet so difficult - so I can avoid falling into the same traps again. I'd like to spend some time on this issue with a counseller, but I can't afford it at the moment -and I'm sure you lot are just as good!

I'm going to return to my weightwatchers diet (at home) - because I don't feel I gave it a proper chance before and because Carri is setting such a great example and showing that it really works - if you stick to it!

Well done everyone on your weight loss this week - hope to join you next week!

Love Amanda xxx
Amanda Panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2004, 08:45 PM   #47  

Please make sure you see the message above. It is really unwise to have your e-mail address out in a public forum, that is why I never do it. Be assured, your address will never be given to someone here that wants it without me first getting an okay from you!

I am so glad to see some of our missing coming back. We all need each other to be able to do this.

My downstairs bath is beautiful and almost finished. We have the wallpaper border/chair rail to put up tomorrow and I want to touch up the trim with a little fresh paint, then I can put everything back together. We chose antique brass fixtures, switch plates and lighting and it looks like a whole different room. It is so bright with the new paint on the walls too. I also finished the upstairs bath painting and Jack went to put up my new "baskets" for towels and such. It said it was a "kit" BUT there are no brackets for the wall so we have to go out and purchase them separately. SHEESH, just what does "kit" mean anyhow!

Let's get on the ball ladies and really start working hard towards some summer goals. We will be starting our new challenge in just about 2 weeks so everyone is invited to join in that this quarter.

Everyone have a very nice evening and I will talk to you in the morning!

Faye
gma22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2004, 09:30 AM   #48  

SUNDAY: Today is Silly Poll Sunday and here is today's silly poll: When you have "mad" money to spend, what do yo spend it on?

Morning ladies, hope all went well with you yesterday.

As for the poll, I am a HUGE handbag and shoe shopper so that would be what I'd buy. I also own tons of nail polish so a cheapy would probably be nail polish. In fact, I bought a new handbag from Caesar's Palace with their logo on the bag and a new pair of shoes while on vacation! I even bought nail polish, though it was just a top coat clear.

Have a good day today and I will check in later.

THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: IF YOU WISHED UPON A STAR, WOULD YOU WISH TO BE FAT?

Faye
Old 04-18-2004, 11:23 AM   #49  
Losing It :D

Wink <><><>Good Morning<><><>

Good Morning Faye!

I too am a big shoe shopper. But right now if I had money to spend on anything I would probally buy things for our house anything spiff it up. I just moved out of my parents house about a year and a half ago, so I still need some of the basics....

Faye, where is everyone? did everyone leave? or is it just slow cause its the weekend. I remeber this message board was always hopping with new posts.

Well today its raining and foggy. its the first rain of spring, yesturday is was snowing. but atleast is melted as it hit the ground. I cant wait until summer if fully here, everything will be so nice and green....

Well I think Im going to have a nice bath, Im still kinda asleep.

I'll check in this afternoon

Have A Good One!
Amanda
Amanda456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2004, 01:21 PM   #50  

Hello
Poll: I've been buying a lot of cd's lately whenever I have the extra cash. I'm not really a big clothes shopper at all.

Amanda - yeah its usuallypretty slow on the weekends

Faye - glad the bathroom decor is turning out great
Scuzin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2004, 04:08 PM   #51  
Gym'll fix it!!

Hi Ladies

Yes it is quiet this weekend is'nt it?

Poll: I don't need any excuse whatsoever to buy SHOES and currently have over 50 pairs in my closet i just can't resist them!

Jessica, Awesome weightloss well done! did you enjoy the concert? i was a huge Prince fan when he was popular and he has'nt changed at all

I should be out in the sun i've got to transplant some plants out and set up some pathway lights and it won't get done sitting here.

Welcome back Amanda456 and MsCat
cat90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2004, 08:36 PM   #52  
Zookeeper

Hi everyone,

Cathy -Thanks for the cheer! The Prince concert was AMAZING. He did a fair amount of the old classics, and his new music is just great.

Faye - I love to decorate / redecorate, and you sound like you're up to your eyeballs in it! I know it's hard work, but I find it so incredibly rewarding.

Poll: I am addicted to crafts so I get a lot of different supplies. I just made a set of wine glass charms, and now I'm working on little name tags for my co-workers that look like baby bracelets (we work in an OB-GYN office).

My husband and I are going to visit a friend this weekend, and I'm already worrying about where we will go to eat and will I resist temptation and blah blah blah. I'm an all or nothing dieter, so I worry that if I give in and splurge that I'll fall off the wagon (which has happened countless times before). I just don't do moderation very well. I can diet or I can eat everything I see.

Hope the next week goes well for everyone

Jessica
zookeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2004, 12:45 AM   #53  

Default Late Sunday Evening

I know it's late but it is the first opportunity I have to post! I have had a busy and hectic Sunday. I am ready for bed and just though I would check in. Had a 2 pointer day. I am up to 1.5 miles on the treadmill in 30 minutes. Planning to build up to 3 between now and June so I can run the 5k in the Race for the Cure.

As far as the Silly Poll goes - It used to be shoes - I am down to 30 pair now that I have broken my addiction. Lately it seems to be Jewelry. Purchased $200 at a jewlry show today. I charged it (I am a charg-a-holic) so my dh doesn't know how much I spent.

Amanda, I also love buying stuff for the house- Pier 1 is my happy store although it is soooo expensive I usually only window shop.

zookeeper - thanks for the review on Prince - he is coming here and we were wondering if his come back concert would be any good.

cat90 - thanks for the welcome

Faye - So glad to hear about your bathroom project coming to an end - we are still down to the studs and dirt in ours and it has been that way since Christmas!!!!

Have a great week! mscat
mscat816 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2004, 07:12 AM   #54  

Good Morning Lovelies........

Well I did ok in Canada......not as well as I could, but not as bad as I wanted.

Today is gonna be screwy.....my van's transmission is almost gone and I don't feel safe driving it anymore. So, I have to go out and find another one today. Feel kinda bad, cuz we can't really afford another payment.....but kinda good, cuz, WOO HOO new van!

Gotta fly now,
Julie
Mirabelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2004, 09:12 AM   #55  
It is what it is...

Default Morning Everyone

Well I was MIA all weekend but that is how crazy my weekend was, crazy but fun and so relaxing...my dh's best friend went to Florida with his family so dh actually spent the whole weekend with me, go figure
It was like 78 degrees on Saturday, and sunny, and 80 yesterday, everyone was out and about, great warm weather....of course my air conditioner ran all freakin day, gonna love to see that bill next month

I had two 3 point days, no exercise, I like to walk outside but once it gets this hot I hate it, so may have to opt only indoors from now on...

Julie - Glad you had a good time in Canada and glad that you made it home safely...new van? yeah!! But I hear ya on the new payment, ugh....

Jessica - I really like Prince, that would have been a good concert to go to, also congrats on the amazing loss last week, you have a great start!!!

Amanda - Great to hear from you again. Thanks for the compliment about my weight loss with WW...the program will absolutely work if you are honest with yourself about what you eat and dont cheat!!!

I missed out on too many posts to reply to all, but welcome all of those that came back and hello to all the regulars...

Everyone have a great day!!!!
Satine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2004, 09:25 AM   #56  

do not post here but join us on #64