Old 03-22-2004, 08:03 AM   #46  

Morning Lovelies!

O points for yesterday It just ended up being one of those bad bad days.........I planned to do stuff, and ended up not.

Today, I already have my exercise in.....starting on water. Have dance class tonight, so I'll get some extra sweat in.

Ok, well...gotta fly. I'll check back later.
Julie
Mirabelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2004, 08:04 AM   #47  

Wink

Good morning Ladies...Faye is right...let's have a terriffic week,a 4 pointer everyday...all is well with me ...I stay so busy on the weekends that I fail to post like I should,but overall I had a great weekend..it is going to be 61 for the high today,a bit cooler than the last few days,but yet still another beautiful day...well I am off to get it in gear..all take care today and have a super motivated day...Joy
jloo1957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2004, 08:27 AM   #48  
It is what it is...

Default Morning All ...

Hi, hope you all had a good weekend, I know I did, I wish I was still having it!!! Oh well only 5 more days till another one ...

I had two 3 pointer days, I usually dont exercise on the weekends...I know, bad, bad ... I was just thinking to myself and I have had 22 straight days of being OP, and I am sooooooooooo proud of myself for that, normally I always find an excuse to cheat but I have not been doing that...I am truly motivated by seeing that scale go down and down every week...it is great!!!!

Amanda - Dont worry about not going to the meetings anymore, I do WW totally by myself at home and I just keep losing, as long as you stay OP you will be fine...tons, I mean tons of people do it at home w/o meetings...you dont have to do it online either, I dont...you already have the materials...let me know if you need any help...

Faye, Julie, Joy, Cat, Susan, and everyone else, have a great morning, check in later...
Satine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2004, 09:43 AM   #49  

Sounds like everyone is motivated! Let's keep that energy up today and follow through with everything!. Remember, there is still SHOPPING to do for one of you May 1 so let's get those lbs off!

Mscat: Just wanted to let you know that you will be eligible for the next challenge gift, which starts May 1. All weights need to be e-mailed or pm'd to me on April 30th. All I will need from you on that date is how much you weigh as of April 30th. The contest runs for the next 4 months and we take turns purchasing the $30 Visa gift card (that way you can BUY what you want!) I am contributing the first card and Julie said she would get the next one.

LADIES: IF YOU WOULD LIKE A PEEK AT HOW YOU ARE DOING AND DON'T REMEMBER WHAT YOUR STARTING WEIGHT WAS FOR THE 1ST QUARTER CHALLENGE, E-MAIL OR PM ME AND I WILL SEND IT TO YOU!

I am having a great day, went to the gym and did my workout, went to the store and bought fruit and chinese veggies for lunch (ladies, this is a great very very low fat lunch if you like chinese food. I just warm them up and add low sodium soy sauce.) I am having ff yogurt for breakfast because of the hamburger and cheese yesterday.

My official weigh in day is Monday because the tracking sheets I use run Monday to Monday and I had a total 11 lbs loss last week. I am totally jazzed and am looking forward to continuing with my progress be it 1lb or whatever as long as I am moving forward in some way. I am also down another 1% body fat from February. It is horrifying to get a BFI of 53 knowing that means 1/2 of you is FAT! I am now down to 45%. Actually, I don't know what I was January of 2003. This has been since January of this year that I have had my BFI information. My pulse rate has dropped about 10 pts and my blood pressure is coming into a good line now too. All in all, I am very very pleased with my health prospects now.

Did you read where the maker of the PowerBar dropped dead of a heart attack at a post office I think Friday or Saturday? This man was #3 in the country for marathon runners in 1997. His wife is a nutritionist so he must have had some problem unknown to him. He was only early 50's and has 5 children!

Take care of yourself girls and watch those lbs come off!

Faye
gma22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2004, 09:52 AM   #50  

Default Monday Morning Blues!

Morning! I had a 2 pointer Sunday - 20 min. treadmill workout and 100 oz of water - but blew it on following my program. Gonna have to make that part of the this weeks challenge - at least 5 days. However, I already mindlessly had jelly beans when I passed our receptionist's desk. Damn that candy jar!

As a result of straying yesterday - I am up again. I don't even want to weigh in at MWL . I think I want to quit - I don't feel their program is working for me - I believe my body type requires more protein than they allow. Will give it to the end of the week with a solid commitment to follow the program to make a judgement.

GMA - thanks for the bios. Will submit mine later today. Do points for the week start Monday or Sunday?

Already earned 1 point for 20 minutes on the treadmill this a.m. Everyone have a great 4-point day!

mscat
sw238/cw228/gw140
mscat816 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2004, 12:28 PM   #51  

mscat: we do points daily and they are for the day before, so I am giving smileys for what you earned yesterday.

I have all my chores done, my meat and veggies chopped for dinner tonight and was watching Millionaire until I got disgusted with the woman who is on right now, is a VICE PRINCIPAL and doesn't know answers that she should have been teaching kids! She had to phone the principal for an answer to this animal question and he was only 75% sure. No wonder our kids come out of school with no knowledge, sheesh!

Later girls

Faye
Old 03-22-2004, 02:13 PM   #52  
Gym'll fix it!!

Hi Everyone

Hi MsCat glad you joined us what is MWL? don't think i've heard of that one.

Yesterday we went shopping for beds as we are having friends and family over from England this year, so i told hubby it would be a good idea to buy some beds seeing as we don't have any other than ours he was'nt thrilled about the idea as he hates shopping ( i even have to buy his clothes ) but he reluctantly came with me so now the spare rooms are set up and i can relax i must have burned a few calories lugging them around later on i helped hubby load up firewood so a bit of a workout there also I really want to treadmill but i know my foot won't hold up to it i've even got a nagging pain in it just sitting here never thought that i'd be bothered about not being able to exercise
cat90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2004, 06:32 PM   #53  

Well, I went back to the gym with Jack this afternoon so I am pooped. I did get dinner fixed and cleaned up so I am done with that. Las Vegas is on tonight and I really like that so I am looking forward to a little tv.

Hope you all had good days today and will have an even better tomorrow.

Faye
Old 03-22-2004, 10:07 PM   #54  

Default Not a bad Monday

Hi everyone!

Winding up my Monday - Been on program so far, drinking my last 20 oz of water, exercise done, and getting ready to have my last required nutrient.

Cat, MWL is Medical Weight Loss - and I am to eat 3 of their nutrients a day. yech.

I am up another pound(????) and I have really been good. Very frustrating. So I did not go weigh in. I just can't take the condescending scolding I get from one of the really young nurses who really doesn't know anything about weight loss outside of MWL.

I am going to hang in despite the lack of progress and give it till the end of the week. Anyone worked this hard and stayed the same for a week or gained?

Have a great evening.

mscat
sw238/cw229/gw140
Old 03-23-2004, 06:11 AM   #55  

TUESDAY: Today is Target Tuesday and today we are going to target something I think we all need to think about and that is RELAXING ABOUT LOSING WEIGHT! I know it is always a struggle and I know that desire is high, but unless we just relax about it and not stress, we are going to fail! WHY? Because our expectations overrun what is possible or reasonable. This week concentrate on doing what you are supposed to do. DENY THE IRON MONSTER the privilege of upsetting you, ok? Just keep working and get yourself a good tape measure and once a month take measurements. I am sure you will see results! WE WILL ALL SUCCEED IF WE ARE DOING WHAT WE ARE SUPPOSED TO BE DOING NO MATTER HOW LONG IT TAKES!

MsCat: Target today is for you because I know you are upset about the scale numbers. Remember you can gain and lose up to 6 lbs a day because of a variety of reasons so I would suggest weighing once a week or maybe every other week for now to keep you from freaking out about the numbers not coming down. Oh and BTW, GET UP YOUR GUTS AND TELL THE NURSE WHERE TO GO! I would remind her what I told you about the scales and tell her it is YOUR body and NOT hers so there are to be no more comments or you will speak to someone about them! If it was me, I would also tell her she was young, too young to make assumptions she pretty much knows nothing about so SHUT UP! I would also talk to whomever was in charge and tell them either the staff be encouraging or you will take your money and go elsewhere. Actually, my tirade would last awhile because I don't take bologna from anyone! Just know that right here in this spot you have tons and tons and tons of encouragement and YOU WILL DO THIS!

Have a great morning girls! It is clean the dd's house day so I will check in after I get back!

Faye
Old 03-23-2004, 08:28 AM   #56  
It is what it is...

Morning ... 3 pointer yesterday...

I hate the scales anyway and I really need to relax over them, I get to where I do it every day and then go nuts when one day it is a half a pound up and next day down...it really is crazy to get on there every day but for some reason I am driven and have to do it...I am really going to try and not weigh myself until Friday morning for our weigh in....I hope I can...it may be more of a compulsive thing, who knows....

MSCat - I am with Faye, I wouldnt take that crap...being overweight and trying to lose is hard enough without some little nurse given ya grief!!!
Tell her what's what........

Check back later when everyone has posted....
Satine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2004, 08:58 AM   #57  

Morning ladies!

4 points for yesterday. Woo hoo!

Scales suck! "And that's all I have to say about that"--Forest Gump

MsCat--NOONE has the right to lecture you about weight. She may feel like being tough is going to help you, but she needs to know that that is NOT helping. When I was pregnant, I was always so worried that I would be lectured on my weight. I was heavy to start with, but I always ended up losing weight during the first couple of trimesters (from eating extra healthy, not from being sick) so I guess I lucked out. Not a single doctor or nurse ever mentioned my weight. Just my mom

Faye--you are so right about relaxing about the whole weight loss thing. I know every time I start obsessing about my diet and exercise, I end up bingeing. EVERY TIME!! This is a pattern I've had since high school. When I relax about everything, and just try to eat sanely and exercise a little more. Then I do fine.

Ok, Gotta go..... Everyone have a great day!
Julie
Mirabelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2004, 11:13 AM   #58  

Default Empowered Tuesday!

Thanks everyone for your great comments - I feel totally empowered. I have decided to get really MAD - Motivated and Determined about losing weight and not letting the scales or MWL staff upset me anymore.

Weighed in this a.m. at 226! But I know that can change by the end of the day and cause me grief so I am staying off the scale and will weigh in once a week. I will continue with MWL for the rest of the week, weighing in with them as required but I will tell the nurses to keep my numbers to themselves.

I had a 4 point day Monday, and I am shooting for the same today. As usual exercise done this a.m. Now on to program success, and water.

Faye - You are a great forum leader! Sorry I did not get to that bio last niight but will work on it today
Julie, Satine, your support has me soaring.

Have a great Tuesday - release, relax, and renew!

mscat
sw238/gw140
Old 03-23-2004, 11:41 AM   #59  

Thumbs down

Good morning everyone...I had a 4 point day yesterday,and heading for another today...Faye,you are so right about the scale,and that is why I try to weigh only once a month..it can be so discouraging...I use the way my clothes feel as my best support...at the gym they tell us that the muscle weighs more ,so if you are really working out you are building muscle,therefore either staying the same or sometimes even gaining,but still loosing the fat...so we shall not fret over the scales ,and we will march on with our March madness girls...we are all doing so well,and you know the song I'm comming OUT!!!WELL,THAT'S THE WAY I FEEL...GONNA LET IT SHOW...WE ARE KICKIN' BOOTY GIRLS... WERE HOT AND MOVIN TOWARDS OUR GOALS AND NOTHING IS GONNA STOP US... NO MATTER HOW ANYONE THINKS WE ARE....AND YOU KNOW WHAT CAT..DON' SO LET ANYONE STAND IN YOUR WAY AND STOP YPU FROM YOUR SUCCESS WERE HERE FOR YOU CHEERING YOU ON...SO LET'S ON GIRLS...LOVE AND HUGS....WILL CHECK IN LATER...JOY
jloo1957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2004, 12:51 PM   #60  
Cute and fun to be with

S/C/G: 250/ticker/125

Height: 5' 5.5"

Default Newbie Here. Hi Y'all!

Hello,
I am Knobhdy. (pronounced “nobody”, it was a college joke, not a self-esteem thing. ) I am looking forward to geting to know all of you. This is me:

Most of my friends are male (although I am not) so when I refer to my Boys in my posts I am probably talking about my boyfriend or my best friend or one of the other guys who are so often at my house trying to obstruct my weight loss by encouraging me to order pizza. (Which, by the way, sounds really good. Veggie pizza with black olives and artichokes. Too bad it comes with so much cheese.)

When I am online I tend to ramble, when I am off-line, I am quite.

I play with computers for fun, and teach high school for a living. It used to be the other way around until the .com crash, and I made more money back then.

I belly dance, but I have been really lame about going to classes (I go to bed at 7:30pm instead of going to class) so I will not be in the recital next month. I will be going back to class after that! Please remind me of my conviction when the time comes.

I suppose you would want to know about my weight loss journey. In high school, I was skinny, almost too skinny, looking back at pictures. But I was very active and I ate very little. College was bad for me and meeting my BF was even worse. He eats a lot (he also needs to lose weight, but he is less motivated. I hope that as I loose he will become motivated to loose as well.) and I ate with him. For almost 3 years. At that point I weighed 210 lbs and I decided enough was enough. That was 2 years ago. I have lost 15 lbs since then, which is not enough.

I was going to the gym at work faithfully every day for the first year but I didn’t see much change and my motivation fell. This spring I have decided to try again. I am starting at 200lbs and my goal is 125 lbs.

The Plan:
Ride my bike for at least an hour a day. (this is also a prerequisite to buying a new bike which I would like to do in May or June)
Use the Machines at the Gym at least 4 times a week.
Drink my water every day (Even on weekends)
Eat out only twice a week (There is nothing I can do about Friday night as I have a standing date with the Boys and some friends. Tuesday is Boys Night In and it is hard to not join them; I am choosing to not fight that battle.)
Bring lunch to work everyday. Avoid the snacks at work. (these go together cause when I don’t bring lunch, the snacks become lunch.)

My mini-Goal is to loose 10 lbs by Mayday.

Last edited by knobhdy; 03-23-2004 at 01:33 PM.
knobhdy is offline   Reply With Quote