Old 03-17-2004, 02:07 PM   #31  
RAR

HI! Everyone just wanted to wish you a Happy ST Patricks Day and hopeing the day will be agreat one for you well from all the shoveling my back doesnt hurt but oh the arms LOL Jana glad that your back is feeling better so have agreat day Rita
RAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2004, 04:19 PM   #32  
a work in progress

Default Happy St. Patrick's Day

Hullo ladies,

Thanks to everyone who sent St. Patrick's Day cards, email and snail mail, and thanks for the anniversary wishes too! Tim had to work today, but he popped home for lunch. As soon as he gets home tonight, we plan to head down to Old Sacramento for the St. Patrick's Day parade and festivities. There should be live music at several pubs and in front of the Delta King, a steam boat that was turned into a floating hotel/restaurant/theater.

I woke up with a migraine this morning No fun. I went back to sleep for a couple of hours and seem to have slept it off, but still kind of have a residual headache, bleah...

I am not getting as much done this week as I wanted to, but still plugging along. My hall bathroom is spotless, but I need to get back to work on those closets...not to mention the rest of this house...

Laundry calls! Talk to you soon...

Katie
Katiecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2004, 06:17 PM   #33  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Angry

Hi ladies~

Jana~hope everything went well at court today and your friend who had the hysterectomy is fine.

Angie~glad your first day of work went well.

Marti~hope you are enjoying your spring break, wait you are on spring break right?? Or is that next week??

Susan~I have thought of stamping but it is very time consuming and can be costly. Have fun tomorrow on yor field trip with Rachel. Where ya guys going?

Katie~have a fun celebration tonight. Hope your headache is better.

Rita~I think you got a work-out with shoveling the snow.

Kathy~yes, do go to the bio thread and do a bio when you feel like, or if you feel like it. I completely forgot to mention that.

Kat~WTG on getting breakfast this morning.

Hi to Kayecee & Shanna.

A busy day today for me, now I have to catch up with the laundry. Didn't find an Easter Wreath at Michael's but I do like the new store. I will probably just make a spring/summer wreath in the next week or so, didn't feel like trying to figure out what I want to get/do as far as flowers & ribbon. I got up this morning not feeling so good, not sure why but the last few days I have felt kind of funky. I had to force myself to go buy groceries, half-way through the store I wanted to quit. I did get to feeling a little better as the day went on. Good enough to enjoy ths beautiful weather and went for a 1.5 mile walk, which made me feel a lot better. Anyway, it is almost time to start dinner. I will try to check back sometime this evening if possible. Take care ladies.
FrouFrou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2004, 08:19 PM   #34  
self portrait

Default Howdy there my little computer buddies

HAPPY ST> PATRICKS DAY LADIES!!!

Thanks to all the ladies that sent me cards, it brightened my day to get them and a smile come over my face. I love getting mail and everyone was so nice to send me a card. I will get busy with the next holiday, everyone PM me their address and I can make sure I have everyone. I have some, but not others and I hate to leave everyone out. So, get on it Hee hee

I had a fun day with Marti. We chatted, scrapbooked and cried together trying to find a dress for her big day at the mall. We could not find anything, very frustrating and I HATE THOSE THREE WAY MIRRORS!!! I swear I hate to shop for clothes, because I am always bummed for the rest of the day, because I hate my body. So, I am going to have to be bummed alone tonight since my sweetie is going to a basketball game. Good thing we don't have a lot of liquer in the house, I need to relax.
Still no job, no prospects, no money. I am at my wits end. I am looking aorund my houes trying to figure out if I have anything to sell and get money for. I am that desperate.
On a happy note, it is getting warmer here and the though of getting out in the sunshine is exciting. I love warmer weather, but not too warm and I am afraid that it is going to be another Indian Summer here. It was almost unbareable last year. Of course, I am a true Oregonian. I whine about all the rain we get here, but yet I can't handle too much heat either. Am I ever happy??!!! Of course not, I am a woman!!!!

KAYECEE: Where are you?? You always get all over my Mac Truck sized Butt for not being on here more and lately you are no where to be found?? I also can't send you anything on your personal e-mail address either. Are you afraid of all of us and blocking your address. Well... I Never!!!
Well, hello to everyone else, nature calls and and so does my scrapbook.
Later Gators
SqueakMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2004, 09:12 PM   #35  

Height: 5'1"

Hello girls--

Yep.....Shanna & I cried during out dress fittings. Boy it sucks looking for clothes!! I need to find something. I'm going to look for something again tomorrow....after my last final. Just not sure where to go!!

Ross had some pretty dresses...I just don't have the body for any of them!! It really put in perspective how out of shape I am!!

BooHoo......

I'll BBL.....I'm going to go sniffle while plopping my fat butt on the couch!!
(hmmmm.....no wonder I'm not losing weight!)

Marti
Marti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2004, 11:17 PM   #36  
The Rockinghorse Gal

S/C/G: 238/230/130

Height: 5'2"

Trying on wedding dresses is always discouraging because of their ridiculous sizing. If you normally wear a size 6 (very tiny) the corresponding wedding gown size is like a 10 or so...translate that up when you wear a size 22 or 24 in street clothes and its terribly demoralizing to be told you need a 30 or so. Sheesh...lets add to the stress of planning a wedding right? I'm sure you will find the perfect dress nonetheless though!
fropvd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2004, 12:42 AM   #37  
kitty Momo

Evening,

Hope you are having a nice anniversary,Katie

I am going to OMSI with Rachel, Cristi.
Oregon Museum Science ?? whats the I for??
I was told I have to dress *cool* and basically pretend I am not her muther.
lol
WhatEVER, I am going to goo goo over her and make her turn red.

I am headed home. Alex said he would call after 10pm. The only problem with that is I get goofy/silly and probably will sound like I am drunk or visited Angie at work....lol
Anyway,this will only be our 2nd telephone conversation, so look forward to chatting with him

I get Thursday & Friday off!! Yahooooooo, need a night to just hang with the girls.

TTYall later
Mom2Gaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2004, 05:22 AM   #38  
GmaTo8

Hi ladies,

Kat - I had Irish soda bread once at a book club meeting. We were discussing "Angela's Ashes" by Frank McCourt - a very good true Irish memoir. Wearing your choir robe sounds fine to me! You have to be getting very excited about graduation!

Susan - I think the "I" would stand for Institute, probably. Enjoy your days off, especially the field trip. How'd the conversation go with Alex last night? I keep forgetting to answer your question - peanut butter is 5 points per 2 tablespoons, which is considered a serving, but I eat only 1 tablespoon at a time for breakfast which is 2.5 points.

Rita - hope your arms are better today.

Katie - awwww, your anniversay evening sounds like so much fun! We want details!

Cristi - hope you are better today and not getting sick! Have you ever made fabric wreaths? I used to sell them in my craft shop, and they are so pretty.

Shanna - hiya, young lady!! Long time, no see!! I am so glad you and Marti have each other and that you are helping her with the wedding. 3-way mirrors are ruthless and should be outlawed, lol.

Marti - good luck finding a dress. I wore pink when I married Neal - a dressy dress with a frothy overlay, and a pink flower in my hair. I've still got the dress and if I ever get all this weight off, I'm going to wear it when I'm out with him somewhere fancy.

Court was sad. Even though the best place for the child is with my friend, and she did get continued custody, the girl cried and cried. She told the judge she wanted to stay away from her mother because the mom lives with a violent man, but the child was still torn up about the decision. The good news is, the mom has apparently been drug-free for awhile, and has been granted unlimited visits with her daughter. The child sees a therapist weekly, thank goodness.

I have been up since 3:30 and can't get back to sleep. I hate when that happens!!

The weather is supposed to be warmer and sunny today so maybe I'll get a chance to soak up some of that.

Jana
Jane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2004, 11:02 AM   #39  
kitty Momo

Good Morning Jana!!!

Seems like we are the early birds!

You are right about *I* standing for institute. I was unsure how to spell it so played dumb.........lol. We are going to learn more about Egypt and watch a 3-D movie. I get 5 pre teens to watch, oh joy.
I passed the *dress cool* requirement. Just wearing my denim capri's and a pink shirt.
I have my hair in curlers. Rach asked how I was going to wear it and I just said like it was- curleres and all..........hahaha

I had a fried egg/slice of wheat bread for breakfast. I might take a shake for lunch.

Alex?? The conversation went good. He asked at the start of the conversation when I usually go to bed and I said 11. So at the appointed hour he said " I should let you get some sleep".
I kind of wanted to talk longer but thought that was sweet. I still tossed and turned for another 30 mintues.
Anyway, he is a dream, love his Spanish accent. Kind of puts you in LaLa land. He talked about his family and we talked tamales, about our kids.
It was just nice overall, feel very comfortble with him.Also, he carries the conversation and doesn't just grunt "cool"...........lol

Need to go take these curlers out!! Rach said to pull it back in a barrett or a ponytail.........I said back "excuse me?? what am I going to do with my curls??" lol

Gotta go!!! You all have a good day!!

Thanks for the peanut butter info
Old 03-18-2004, 11:41 AM   #40  
self portrait

Default Just a quick pop in

I thought I would pop in real quick before I have to get ready for my monthly trip up to Portland. Yep, that's right Susan, I am coming after you. LOL

I am getting kind of tired of the 3 and a half hour round trip drive every month. If I had someone to go with me, it wouldn't make the trip such a chore, but as it is now with no one, I am sick and tired of it. I wish the place I had to go to was closer. Especially when I am dirt broke and have to pay for the gas to get up there ( which isn't alot since I get 55 miles to the gallon) and money for the appointment. AAAGHHH It seems like all my bills, etc. Are coming on me at the time when I don't have any extra mulla. I think it may be a conspiracy or something.Hmmmmmm

Susan: Hope you have a great time at Omsi. I have only been there a couple of times. Mostly it was to see the IMAX movie. I love those, even though I always get sick. You would think I would learn. Last time I went, I said it was the last time, because I almost had to leave and go get sick. They don't let you back in though. So I closed my eyes, put my head between my legs and prayed I would get my equilibrium back. I never get motion sickness expect at that darn IMAX theater. Which sucks because the movies are so spectacular. Wow, I am using a lot of big words here. You guys are going to start thinking I am smart or something. I can't have that!!!

Jana: I so agree with the three way mirrors. I also think they need to have extra air conditioning in there too. All those hot lights in the dressing rooms make me get all sweaty and uncomfortable, which is a feeling you don't want to have when you are trying on clothes. It is bad enough with the mirrors and the tears. :-)

Well, to all the rest, I hope your Thursday goes by well and you don't work to hard. To Kayecee: Get you over here!!! Don't make me send the coon hounds after ya!!!! Unless of course you are getting you picture ready to post in the photos thread, then finish that AND then get your posting done. You don't want me to shame you for being on here more than you... DO YA?????

To everyone else see ya real soon and God bless your little pea-picking hearts!!!!!
Old 03-18-2004, 01:28 PM   #41  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Smile

Shanna & Marti~I feel ya. I dislike trying clothes on at the stores and unless I absolutely need something to wear like the day after shopping I won't. I buy it and wait till I get home to try it on. I have been pretty lucky about not having to take too much back, and it is usually just because I don't like the way it looks on me. Anyway, I hope you guys have better luck next shopping trip.

Marti~only a few days left til the big day. Are you getting excited, anxious or nervous? I hope you find the perfect outfit/dress.

Shanna~I must ask, how do you pronounce your name? Is it like Shay-na or is it like Shan-na like Shannon?? I only ask because when I talk about you ladies (all good-don'tworry) I say both because I am not sure. Have a safe trip to Portland today.

Jana~I too wore a pink dress with a froth overlay. I need to get something to store it in so I can keep it forever. Didn't want your typical wedding dress since we were getting married at home, would have been too fancy. Sorry about your friend and the day in court. I swear I will never understand the court system, or actually the judges. Some of the things they do are just I haven't tried making a fabric wreath Jana. But I had a Christmas one that I loved and had for years. It had a solid red back and kind of like a patchwork christmasy print on the front-hmmm, something to think about.

Susan~have a fun day at the musuem. Kids are funny aren't they?? Dress cool and don't act like you are the mother?? Too funny Well, I am glad you passed the dress *cool* test. I love the IMAX theaters even though they make me dizzy/sick to my stomach. I saw a movie about rollercoasters and half the time I couldn't look at the screen because it's like you are there and rollercoasters scare me to death! But they (IMAX) are pretty cool. Refresh my memory please, how old is Rachel & Rebecca?

Kat~I thought of you yesterday while in Michael's looking for a wreath. I came upon a pink flamingo with lights around it!!

My day hasn't been the best so far, want to go back to bed and start over. I am not an early bird. I will get up if I have to, otherwise 8 is good for me. I tried to get my oil changed yesterday at Wal-mart, thought I would kill two birds with one stone-you know have that done while I shopped for groceries. Didn't work-was told the minimum would be 1 1/2 wait just till they could get to me. Well, I had shopping to do but it wouldn't take that long. So, I thought hmmm, I will get up early and be there when they open at 7 am, no problem. WRONG!! I get there, there are two cars already there and an old man creeping along inside-no one else in sight. I go inside and wait and the guy says the minimum is a 2 hour wait!! Someone called in sick and he had only one guy-the old man. Well, what about him and another guy that was on the phone?? Then another guy walked in as we were leaving. I left again and just went to QuickLube. What would have taken 15 minutes there because no one was there, took about 30, which still isn't bad because they found 2 nails in my tire. Had to fix that and will have to get a new tire because that is the same tire I had a flat on not too long ago before we moved when they graded the roads, or is it grated?? Can't think this morning, actually afternoon now. I couldn't remember how to spell my last name this morning when the guy asked. So on this almost new tire I now have three patches. Also, while at QuickLube they said I needed a new air filter, now I know when I took the car to the Ford dealership they supposedly changed that??? If they were supposed to and didn't they will be hearing from me because the guy showed it to me and it is filthy. There is no way a filter can get that filthy in just 3 months time. So that is how my day is going. I figure if I don't go anywhere else today it can't get any worse, can it??!! Of course Jason had a flat the other day and because of where the nail went in he had to buy a new tire. I am afraid until they finish all the houses around we may be running over more. They started on the second house in the cul-de-sac and will probably put in 4 or 5 across the street, maybe 3 or 4-not sure since I am surprised they are squeezing two at the end of the street. Those houses hardly have a front or back yard and the drive way will be almost touching the neighbors. Yikes! Too close for me. We kind of got in on a curve, which the whole street is and so the yards between ours and the neighbors are spaced out pretty good, and of course there is no one behind us. Anyway, on a brighter note, Vince went and had our taxes done and we will get a few $$$ back, which couldn't come at a better time, with all we need and want to do to the house. I got my laundry done early this morning, and the sun is shining. Okay, now that I vented...

Take care all and have a wonderful day!
FrouFrou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2004, 04:49 PM   #42  
kitty Momo

Hey again,

Curious why you have to make a trip to Portland so often , Shanna? So you are coming after me?? lol Hope you have a safe trip.

Rachel & Rebecca are 12 ((13 in Aug)) and 11((12 in January))

I felt kind of sick in the movie.It is like you are flying through the air. I didn't throw up or nothing. Though some kids didn't want to go in. It was on the Mysteries of Egypt.........and I survived!! Yahoooo
Though I drove with Rachel there and she wanted my hair pulled back with a clip and kept trying to turn my head. I said " Rachel!!! The road doesn't go that way.........stop it!!"....
I also said in the gift shop when she wanted to take off up stairs. "I am coming with you" ,Rachel :"it's ok, we'll be right back"........Me: "no, I love you Rachel, I am coming with" This girl name Kiki goes "we love you Rachel".....which got all the girls laughing. Anyway, kind of my revenge....

Oh, ya Jana,,,,,,,,,the *I* is for Indusrty...........who would have thought?? I can spell that.....lol

Had Minestrone soup for lunch, that was yummy

Now, off for a dental with Rebecca,,,,,,,,

TTYL
Old 03-18-2004, 07:28 PM   #43  

Height: 5'1"

Burr.......it's cold outside! The wind has been blowing like crazy all day. I'm hoping to see the sun for Spring Break!!!

Well, my last final was today so I am officially on my Spring Break!! Whoo Hoo!!

Cristi--Yep,,,I'm getting excited about next week!! James got approved for time off so that's nice. I'm going dress shopping tomorrow before Jhanai gets out of school. Now.....to figure out where to go that will have something that I think looks good!!

Jana--I am a little confused...is your friend the mother or father? When ever there are drugs involved...I always feel terrible for the child. I hope all works out in the end.

Susan--Sounds like you had a good time with your daughter...even though she wanted to be more "independant". Why must they grow up so fast?? I'm always trying to get my hair done and no matter how it looks...Jhanai is telling it's fine!! (this includes when I just wake up!) Is she really looking at me??

Shanna--Hey girl....if I didn't have a final today I would have kept you company on your way to Portland! I hope you had a safe trip! The wind was taking control of my car on the way to school!!

Kat--Yes...dresses are a pain to find. But...I'm not looking for a traditional wedding dress. I'm looking for a "Springy" or "Summery" dress. Something I can where again. Since I'm not having a formal wedding I thought it was appropriate.

Katie--I hope your headache stayed away for your evening out with your husband. Not fun trying to celebrate an anniversary when you're not feeling good. Did you get something special? I hope it was a wonderful day for you.

Angie--How is work going for you? I hope it's going fine. At least your not a beer drinker so your not tempted. I'm not a beer drinker either...unless I've drank too much of something else....and after that...people may want to stay clear from me because I just keep on talkin it's almost ridiculous!! I just open up and never shut up. (I guess that's kind of like I am here isn't it? oops! )

Rita--How are the arms today?? I can only imagine how they must've felt! Just weeding my yard gave me some torture!!

Hey girls....you know what I just found??? The little click here button at the bottom for when I want to scroll down and see what was all said. I had no idea you could see the whole thread!! The things I learn.

Well...I need to clean up my kitchen and then spend some time relaxing. I'm feeling tired. I'd take a nap but it's almost 4:30. Getting to late for naps.

Kayecee--Hope to hear from you soon. You are on Spring Break so you must be doing something fun with your family. Come back and let us know what you did.

Take care ladies--

Marti
Marti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2004, 09:04 PM   #44  
GmaTo8

Hi Ladies!!

Susan - so glad you had a nice field trip with Rachel, and that you were "cool", lol! I also like a Spanish accent, but you know who really, really likes one? Kayecee does - go back and read her bio and pay attention to what she says about Antonio Bandares! Keep Alex out of Arkansas and away from that vixen! LOL!!

Shanna - inquiring minds want to know - why the heck do you go to Portland all the time???? I love the IMAX theatre, but have to go all the way to Indy to see a show at one. I get car-sick but have never got sick at IMAX.

Cristi - awww.... I hope your day got better! (((hugs)))) to you! I agree that the air filter shouldn't be dirty yet! It is so cool that you also wore a pink frothy dress! Neal and I got married outdoors, and it was very informal. Glad you are getting $$$ back from Uncle Sam.

Marti - my friend is a "sort of" grandma to the child in question. Her son married the child's mom when the child was very small, (he wasn't the daddy) and although the marriage didn't last long, my friend has always been a big part of the girl's life. Oh sweetie - I am so glad you found the scroll! I just hate to go to message boards where they don't have that feature after being spoiled here.

Carree - if you're reading this, get in here and chat with us!! These ladies will give you plenty to smile about.

I've had a good day - the twins and I put out some huge Easter eggs in some colored grass. They had an absolute ball with that, carrying the stuff from the shed and setting it all up inside a small fenced area. They had the eggs all over the place, dropping them so many times I lost count, lol.

I have unintentionally been doing the Wendy program this week! First higher points, then lower points all week, without meaning to. Even though I write things down, sometimes I don't get to eat it all. For example, yesterday, I was in the courtroom from right after lunch til dinner time, so I missed my snack. And Monday, I had less points for breakfast and I didn't feel as hungry at dinner, so I skipped my frozen yogurt, so I had more points the next day. Anyway, I am looking forward to weigh in Saturday morning.

TTFN,
Jana
Jane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2004, 09:34 PM   #45  
self portrait

Default Another quickie!!

Boy I am making up today for not being on here as much as all you chatty kathies!!! :-)

Cristi: You pronounce my name kind of like banana. That was my nickname growing up. When I was born, my grandpa said Shanna Banana from Texarcana. It kind of stuck. Along with all my other nicknames, like Squeak. So just say banana and shanna kind of rhymes with it. But it isn't shanana. hee eee. Hopefully you understand what i am trying to say, it is hard to do this over the computer and make it understandable.

To Jana, Susan and all those other inquiring minds, I go up to Portland every four to five weeks for a medical thing. Very costly, time consuming and frankly i am getting tired of doing it, but Unless I can find something else to help me, that is all I can do. I have been going every month for about three years now. It might not be so tiring if the place was closer. For a while there I was getting too tired when I drove that i was afraid I was going to fall asleep at the wheel. I guess it was because I was so tired of doing it and it was so routine that I got tired. Not very safe though when it is such a long drive and I am by myself all the time. Lately though, it has not been too bad.
Marti: The drive was not fun because it was so windy. My arms hurt so bad when I got home because I had to work so hard to keep my poor little car straight. Plus for some stretches is was raining so hard that I couldn't even see. I don't drive well in the rain or the dark and this was a hurricane almost. But I am home now, in one piece this time around.

Anywho... I think I have talked enough today to last a lifetime. :-) Hello to everyone and hope to see you all ( on the computer of course) tomorrow.
Later gators