Old 03-14-2004, 03:21 PM   #31  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Default A Happy Sunday to All~

Kat~I don't know how I missed your post yesterday-your kids are sweetie pies. I love that DD bought all the flamingos-now we need Jana to name them all!

Susan~I too would love a photo of your before-you and Jana are inspiring and motivating me to get off my booty and do something. WTG on your .5 lb gone forever!! You will have to post a photo of you with your new do.

Hi Rita~good deal getting uniform pants for $1.50. I swear I am going to make a trip to the goodwill soon.

Jana~sorry to hear about your back. Mine went out while moving some boxes that I shouldn't have-not good, but is better now. I do hope you get to feeling better soon-take it easy. Didn't get around to posting a pic of the kids but I definitely will do that as soon as I am done here. Sounds liek you guys got our weather we had yesterday. it rained most of the day but today it is nice.

Angie~wow, how in the world did you manage to have the boys in Sept.?? Sounds like my brother-his, his wife, two of his dd all have Jan. birthdays, then 2 dd have Feb. & then Ashley has March 1. Of course having 6 girls (counting SIL) the man is always broke!! I feel for him. I haven't seen Open Range but did see Legends of The Fall-loved that movie.

Kayecee~so glad to see you posting lady. Thought I was going to have to hunt you down. Funny you say Little Rock is a big city-I guess from being in CA for so long and then going back to AR Little Rock seemed small in comparison. What's funny is not a whole lot has changed over the years and I think that is what I love about it. After living in KS & AR I don't know if I could ever go back to CA-especially don't miss the traffic. So very sorry to hear about the mess going on at school. Sounds like you guys have your own Peyton Place. It really is sad though the way those people are carrying on, so sad. I will keep you, the school and your community in my thoughts and prayers and hope that things get better for ya. Try to enjoy your spring break, and have fun shopping!

Thanks ladies for sharing your wedding dates. Jana & Angie, you let Monte pick your wedding date?? How cool is that. Vince let me do everything because honestly I didn't think he wanted to-we actually did it together but I did choose the date. He said that was totally my decision. All he had to do is get the preacher which he cheated. DD has a friend whose dad is a preacher so no work there except a phone call. Jana, I too would like the days spread out. I just think celebrating them seperately is nicer, not for the gifts, but just to celebrate *that* special day by itself. We celebrate Mother's Day, birthday & anniversary in one-even though Vince & the kids get a seperate card for each occasion-kind of bombarded with cards at one time which is kind of fun. I hope it doesn't sound like I am complaining-far from it because I really wouldn't change a thing. It's kind of neat knowing that we share the same anniversary as his grandparents.

Hi to everyone else, Katie, Marti, & Shanna.

Went to church this morning, hadn't been in 3 weeks! This move just took it's toll on us and we were just too busy. It felt good to actually go back, and the good thing is it is within walking distance from us-how cool is that? We didn't walk this morning though but once it gets little warmer we definitely will. It's probably 1/2 mile from us. I guess I better get going-I need to get a walk in today, post a picture or two and read the newspaper. Take care ladies and have a great Sunday.
FrouFrou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2004, 06:44 PM   #32  
kitty Momo

Hi, happy Sundy!!!

This has to be fast because I am on the public library computer. I already typed a paper for Rachel,so don't have much time left.
I type 25 WPM.........lol

GREAT to see Kayecee back!!!! You are so funny.Yep.......stalking men in Washington now!! lol

Sorry about your back Jana. I will pop a color copy picture........copy, thingie.....whatEVER. A before.......lol. I will get that for you and Cristi.

Hi, Rita! 10 more pounds for capri`s? I love mine.You will be all set for summer

Didn't that mexiacn food sound yummy, Angie?? Everything but the peppers, course my stomach has been upset, so really don't even wanna hear about spicey foods.

Hope you are having a good day Shanna!!!

Kkatie, enjoy your time off and have a lovely anniversary!

Hope you get some shut eye, Kat Loved the flamingo`s in the snow, thanks for sharing the pic.

eeeek, 5 minutes!! Hope you are having a good weekend , MArti

K.............outta here.
Having a good Sunday, talk more tomorrow.

Mom2Gaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2004, 07:02 PM   #33  

Height: 5'1"

Quickly posting ......

Absolutely Gorgeous out today!! I even threw on shorts (which I never do) so I can weed my yard. Now...to get a lawn mower!!!! (the neighbors are going to be giving us the eye!!!)

Took some pictures of Jhanai....need to go get the film developed. Went to walmart and bought me one of those sliding cutters for my scrapbooking....James asked me if it was too hard to just use a ruler and a pair a scissors. (of coarse it is!!)

Ok....post more later.....

Marti
Marti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2004, 07:34 PM   #34  
The Rockinghorse Gal

S/C/G: 238/230/130

Height: 5'2"

I was a little late getting to choir rehearsal this morning but I did get myself up and off to church despite my late night. I was up even a bit later than I needed to be too, because I caught Anthony online when I was checking my mail. Its going to be an early night tonight though.

Kaycee--you are too funny. I can see I'm going to have to get Freddie neutered lest the entire state be overrun with his progeny.

Angie--congrats on the new job! What will you be doing? I'm preparing my applications and resumes now to line something up for employment after graduation. I'm crossing my fingers for a job at Springfield Hospital--small, nice to work for, AND they pay $28/hour.

Jana, what are you doing to waste away so? Congrats on your losses! I'm losing some inches but not much in the way of weight right now. I'm hoping its muscle mass and not simply stalling after a meager 4 lb loss.
fropvd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2004, 09:40 PM   #35  

Default Hey Y'all!

Glad everyone is having a good day. I feel like an evil woman. We went to look for a new camper yesterday and the wind was blowing pretty badly. To make a long story short, my throat and ears are itching and my throat is getting sore. I have a dental appointment to get my permanent crown placed tomorrow, so I didn't leave the house today. I didn't even go to church..... and here I am complaining about all the "God-fearing Christian attitudes" at school. I feel so wicked. (k- maybe I am just a little ) *hee hee* Right now, my mood is soooo wonderful though because I know I don't have to go to school tomorrow. Ahhhhh...... FREEDOM!

Well, all the talk about Mexican made me send Tim scrambling to the store for a taco kit! I probably gained 12 pounds. I ate 2 piled high with sour cream and Pancho's green sauce. Have any of you ever tried that stuff? Yummy! Pancho's is a Mexican restaurant around here and they sell their dip and green sauce at local grocery stores.

Cristi- Thanks for the prayers. I guess you're right about Little Rock! I've been comparing it to Goobertown so it seems huge to me. LOL (BTW we actually stopped in Goobertown yesterday to look at a camper! ) Even Memphis is a lot smaller than some of the CA towns, isn't it?

Susan- Drat! And ya promised to stalk me! Ya need to give me Mr. Washington's address so that I can warn him you'll pee on his pictures. Hope your tummy gets better so ya can come eat tacos with me! I don't make them tooooo spicy!

Marti- Glad your weather is sooo beautiful. Hmmmm.... are the neighbors going to give you the eye cuz you're going to crank up the noisy mower or cuz you're gonna bend over weeding in shorts? (Let's just hope they don't meet the same demise as Shanna's pants!) *hee hee* Where ya at Shanna?!?! Show your face girlie! I'm ragging on you again!!!!! :D

Kat- Awwwwww...... poor Freddie! First, he breaks his back and now ya wanna steal the family jewels? Come on woman- have a heart. Besides, with a broken back, he probably won't be able to attract many females now. I was glad to see that all of his children flew in to see him during his time of need though. It's heart-warming to see so many children take the time out of their busy schedules to nurse their ailing father back to health. And I'm proud that he has finally come clean about his transvestite tendencies and is proudly wearing a sundress in public. *sniff* So much tragedy for one little guy to deal with. (I know- I've lost it completely! ) BTW we ambush friends around here with dozens of flamingoes in their yard. We call it "getting flocked." I guess that's what y'all call it too isn't it?

Tim was my baby brother's friend in high school. When he turned 18 in September, he asked me out at the end of October. Dumb me.... I didn't even realize he had a crush on me. I was 24 at the time, and thought "Yeah right." But for some reason, I said yes. To this day, I still don't know why. After one date though, I knew he was the one. We only dated for about a month then over the Thanksgiving holiday, threw together a quick wedding on Friday for our family and we've been together since. (12 1/2 years) It was sooooo funny that Monday cuz everyone came back from Thanksgiving talking about spending the holiday with family and when they asked me where I went I casually said "Oh I went on my honeymoon." It took me a few hours to convince them that I wasn't kidding. Of course, they eyed me like a hawk for the next 9 months cuz everyone assumed that I must have gotten knocked up and the marriage certainly was NOT going to last. All I can say to the gossipmongers: LOL

Well gotta go hit the sack. Hey to everyone else who hasn't posted since noon. I was gonna do some more individuals but this is getting long and my monitor keeps going off then coming back on so I'm afraid my post is going to go to cyberland if I keep typing. See y'all.
Kayecee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2004, 11:22 PM   #36  
Not Giving Up

Height: 5'9"

Hi Cristi and everyone.

I am just popping in to say hi to my long lost friend Cristi.
I hope the move went well for you andyour family.

I was hoping that you all wouldn't mind if I posted on here with you all.

Kathy
luckycharm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2004, 12:09 AM   #37  
Give me strength

S/C/G: 299/261/250

Default meds and Kaycee

Kat,,,as the only medical person we have...what kind of meds do you think you know who is in need of?

I swear I have issues with having a blue berry stuck in my nasal passage. I am having a bowl of cereal for supper and I made the mistake of reading Kaycee's post. Need not say more....

So ok Tanner's audition went well. It was for native americans and the film was Lil House on the Prairie!!!!!! They liked what they saw,,,except for the green hair,,(the blue has washed out and now its a green) But since his resume states hair color is optional they were cool. I think the hair color was a good thing,,,like a calling card. They will remember him.

Brandon just went out on his first official date...*Lauren* and him went to see Starsky and Hutch. Hes such a private person,,,Im like pulling chicken teeth right now,,,

Well I better get myself off to bed.

night all
Angie
da fat n da furious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2004, 02:28 AM   #38  

Height: 5'1"

Hello again ladies--

Kayecee--You always have me rolling when I read your posts. You always make up for not posting in awhile!!! As for the neighbors eyeballing me....it would be because I don't own a mower and my lawn is almost taller than I am!!! But.....who knows.....it could be the wide "smile" I flash while weeding too!!

Jana--My sister and I are close, but not as close as it should be. I don't spend enough time with her like I should. (I know, I'm a terrible sibling) Our schedules don't match (what an excuse) and on weekends....that girl and her hubby are busy!! They do a lot with his side of the family. (They are all very close) I'm more a homey person. So it's hard sometimes for us to get together. But I plan on trying to get my butt up there more often and visit. (We live about 25 miles apart....not too far)

Cristi--I like the idea of sharing an anniversary with the grandparents!! (which is what we are going to do) It really meant a lot to my grandma and it's special for me. James and I figured that they have been married (both their 2nd marriages) for almost 50yrs. so it has to be a good luck thing. Just seeing the smile on my grandma's face when we mentioned the date we picked made it even more special!!

Susan--I got your card in the mail the other day! I forgot to mention it. Gaby is a cutie!! I would really like to see the other girls too. You ought to post their pictures up!! How was your weather today?? It's very Springy here! and I'm loving it! 25WPM????? Do I need to send you a Keyboarding book??? I'm only teasing. I've been doing timing in one of my classes....I'm finally up to 60 WPM with only 4 errors.!! Not to bad. (ok-ok...that was my excuse to BRAG!! I'll admit to it!!)

Angie--Green?? What is it with your family and the color green??? I'm glad your son made an impression though. I hope he gets the part. Which character is he trying for?

Rita--$1.50? Wow! How are you girls all getting these deals??? Actually today at Wal-mart I saw this rack for sweaters that were only $3.00. But I didn't have time to go through them since Jhanai was in a "hurry" to spend her allowance money!!

Katie--I hope you're getting some relaxing time on your vacation. If you get any scrapbooking done....post a photo. I still want to see how everyone is doing. Also.....do you have any special plans for your Anniversary?? Do you usually go out? A lot of St. Pattys day parties I'm sure.

Shanna--Glad that you got to come over and scrapbook with me at Sarah's. It was fun!! She had everything there! I couldn't believe it!! It was like walking into one of those "crop parties". We'll have to do it again.

Kat--I am crossing my fingers that you get the good paying job at the hospital!! That would be so nice!! Now...for me to find a job just as good!! That will be difficult though...Oregon doesn't have much of a job market at the moment.

Did I miss anyone?? I hope not.

Kathy!! I know you were just popping in to say "Hi" to Cristi...but I hope you can stay and join us! We'd love to hear from ya! The more the merrier!! Although...I'm going to start having to make my post shorter!! (I hope all your eyes are ok!! after reading all this)

Ok...I have two finals tomorrow ...one on Wednesday and one on Thursday and then a week of NO SCHOOL!!! How great is that??!! I plan on relaxing as much as possible and getting in some scrapbooking!!

Ok...must rest my eyeballs. You all have a great Monday morning and I will check in after school!

Take Care
Marti
Marti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2004, 03:23 AM   #39  
a work in progress

Default sooooooooo sleepy...

...but thought I'd pop in...

Hi Kathy, and welcome -- the more the merrier!

Jana, you asked about all those September birthdays? I was a September baby, and my oldest was born August 31. Now, hon, think about it -- Christmas is over, everybody's broke and kind of bored after the holidays, it's COLD and that makes you wanna cuddle....and September is the 9th month. Now, doesn't that make sense?

Cristi, you asked about how people picked their wedding date. I thought I already told this one, but it was Valentine's Day weekend, I had the flu, our car heater was broken, and there were chain requirements going over Donner's Pass -- and Tim wanted to go to Reno. He tried to convince me several times, and got kind of irritated with me, then finally told me he wanted to surprise me up in Reno and drag me off to the Justice of the Peace. I told him that was sweet, and such a romantic thought for Valentine's Day -- but it didn't change the fact that I had the flu, our car heater was broken, and there were chain requirements going over Donner's Pass! He wanted to make absolutely sure that he'd never forget our anniversary, so we got married on the next holiday on the calendar, St. Patrick's Day. And yes, I wore green -- an emerald green velvet dress

Angie, now I remember! You were going to trade donuts for beer Tim starts his new job tomorrow. What will you be doing at the brewery? Congrats on Tanner's audition! How old is he?

Marti, good luck on your finals This weekend I started tackling our closets; would you believe between Tim and I, I collected 6 BAGS of clothing (a couple of them are pretty good sized bags, too!) that doesn't fit, is worn out, or we don't like and never wear. The stuff that's still in good shape will be going to the Goodwill tomorrow, I hope. Tims bought some new clothes for work, and the closet is starting to look pretty neat and organized. I'm hoping it will help motivate me in the rest of the house. We try to make fun plans for our anniversary -- one year Riverdance was playing here in town and I got tickets, and another year we walked around Old Sacramento and kinda did the walking pub tour, lots of good live music playing. One year Tim took me to the IMAX to see "Beauty and the Beast", which was especially sweet because that's not ususally his kind of movie, but he knows I am a huge Disney fan No big plans this year, but probably will go out to dinner. I'm not really fond of huge crowds in bars, but I sure love live Irish music, if we can find it playing anywhere. I'm thinking of getting tickets to the productions of "Jesus Christ Superstar" playing at a local dinner theater for next weekend.

Kayecee, good to see you posting. I can see how Angie got the blueberry stuck in her nose -- I've learned not to try to drink anything while reading your posts! And no, we didn't all get buzz cuts -- my hair is still the same long, tangled, messy mop it's always been. Although I'm thinking about getting it trimmed this week, and maybe touching up to cover the gray in my bangs...

OK, ladies, I'm off to bed. Sweet dreams to you all...

Katie
Katiecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2004, 09:58 AM   #40  
The Rockinghorse Gal

Today's weigh in showed me still stuck at 221 (three weeks now ) but on the bright side I've lost another inch on my bust (total of 2 now), a half inch on my waist (total 1.5 in) and a 1/2 in on my hips (total 1.5 in). I hope its actual muscle development and not just fat redistribution. I'm only eating 1700 cal per day, and some days less, plus I'm going to the gym 3-4 times per week. I really want to see that scale get under 220 though. I wanted to be at or below 200 by May for graduation, but at this rate I'll never get there. I've lost a total of 4 lbs in the last 5 weeks, and thats not a pace to get me to my goal on time. *sigh*

Oh well...time to stop moping and get ready for classes. I need to wrassle with my bad haircut to try and get it into something reasonable.
Old 03-15-2004, 10:00 AM   #41  
The Rockinghorse Gal

BTW, how did the Irish dance troupe drown?

A: They were riverdancing. *grin* Yes, you can groan now.

Last edited by fropvd; 03-15-2004 at 10:09 AM. Reason: typo correction
Old 03-15-2004, 10:25 AM   #42  

Talking Morning Y'all!

Gotta make this quick. I have to leave in 30 minutes and haven't even taken a shower yet. I'm going to meet some friends at a Chinese restaurant to have a freakin wild time! (K- how much damage can I do at a Chinese restaurant? ) Then I'm going to drop by Goodwill to search for goodies. At 3, I have to go and hit on my dentist again. Gee- do y'all think he'll remember me?!?

Kathy- Jump right in girl. Do ya got any juicy gossip about Cristi that ya can lay on us? Shhhhh! I promise I won't tell.

Angie- Sheesh! Ya weren't referring to me about the meds were ya? To tell ya the truth, I think we're even- I was reading your post about your..... uh.... blueberry incident..... and got a real good visual image in my mind. Unfortunately, I was gulping down HOT coffee at the time. On a lighter note.... I don't think my nasal passages will be stuffy any more today.

Marti- Good luck on all your finals this week. I know you're looking forward to your week off.

Katie- I think you may have something about the September birthdays. How short are you thinking of going with your hair?

Kat- *groan* LOL

Well, see you lovely ladies later. Bye.
Old 03-15-2004, 10:31 AM   #43  

Oh yeah- Has Skippy had a proper burial yet?
Old 03-15-2004, 11:48 AM   #44  
Give me strength

S/C/G: 299/261/250

Good morning all,
No Kaycee Skippy didn't have a proper burial...We would have had to rent a backhoe to dig a hole big enough to get the rubber maid container in. So Brandon took a huge garbage bag and stuffed everything in...and tossed into the big bin in the lane way. What he didn't tell mewas the bag didn't fit and when he threw it in the lid poped open. Ive been waiting for authorities come and haul us away for animal cruelty.
I wouldn't mind shooting coffee threw my nose..at least I know it will all be gone. I don't know where the blue berry went. couldn't come out my ear next week or something like that.

Tanner auditioned for an extra, its a matter of will they have him doing more then just an extra.

My new job called to say they are offering me 5 more hours a week. Its all cool...lol

Katie, I love cleaning like that,,,I just did that a month ago. I try to do the big cleanout every 6 months. Ah man what I would give to go and see JCS on stage...lol Ya I spent 5 months working on it but,,Id like to check out of other peformers.
We have all these Irish Pubs in the city,,,but the one I want to go to is James Joyce,,,last time I was there was my exam day. DUH I told the waitress the last time I had drank beer was my HS grad in 1986. Well next thing you know Ive got 3 glasses of creme ail..it wasn't bad but I still don't like beer,,,I got horribly tipsy on the 2 glasss I did drink. And then fell asleep, got up and went and wrote my exams...ya that was dumb. But the potatoe nachoes mmmmm are soooo good. And they have live bands all the time.

MArti good to know your feeling good again, and I think its sweet you and James are marrying on your grandparents anniversary. I was in Walmart last week and picked up two skirts both 3 bucks...

Kat, when you hot a plateau you need to shake up your body,,,and how you do that is,,,either increase water or protein. Sounds like you are working out hard, my one concern thou is,,,your periods are freaking bad. How is your iron? Because with low iron your body has a tougher time loosing weight. It just wants to HOLD on every fat cell. Get your self checked out.

How monte and I met, we were both working at Earl's a trendy restaurant. He was a line cook I was a prep cook. I had moved to Sylvan 3 months before and wasn't fitting in well with the new school.
Anyways I made friends at work and started hanging out, one night we all met up with Monte,,,he was being pretty friendly with this gril from my school...a total B word. And I made some smart comment about not doing to muchw ith her incase of catching something...it got ugly after that. Well the next day we all went to our baseball game, (we had made a team, and we played against other restaurants) And I told Monte that I did know a couple of nice girls that I could fix him up with. I was single at the time. And there was some guy who had been petering me to go out on a date with...and so we all decided to double date. Candice and Monte and me and Shawn
Monte and I talked and carried the evening with jokes and such.
I felt bad but,,the next day I told Monte that Candice didn't have a good time,,,an then when I saw Candice i told her Monte didnt' hvae a good time. And then I moved in for the kill..lol I told monte all about it at our wedding shower...lol

Thats it,,,now you all know what a mean coniving woman I can be.....
Angie
da fat n da furious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2004, 12:16 PM   #45  
GmaTo8

Hi ladies,

Cristi - I have been slacking off on church, too, but mainly because we have been out of town on Sundays, and yesterday it was because of my back. I think it's cool that you are within walking distance to your church.

Susan - I don't type fast, either, LOL. And thank goodness for "backspace"! I used to help my kids with their reports, too, especially when they had jobs in high school.

Marti - I am closer to some of my sisters than to other ones. And I should make more time for mine, too, but I run out of time sometimes. with finals this week.

Kat - I've been doing WW points since 1/24 and trying to eat more "clean" foods. WAY TO GO with the inches gone. If Freddy only knew that women all over the USA and Canada were talking about him, his ego would be unbearable! (like most men, right??)

Kayecee - your story about Tim was sweet.... glad to see you posting again. Have fun at lunch w/your friends.

Kathy - hiya any friend of Cristi's is a friend of ours.... pull up a chair and join us anytime.

Katie - when you are done with your closets, please say you'll come over and help me with mine. Hope you are having a good vacation.

Angie - I'm not a nurse, but I have lots of life experience...uh, I think you-know-who needs some sedatives, lol! Or whatever meds they give to manic-depressives, lol. Just kidding!! Glad Tanner's audition went well and that the green hair didn't count against him. Awww.... Brandon's first date!! Hope he and Lauren had a good time. And yes, boys are generally more secretive than girls. I think they are afraid of getting teased, whereas girls LIKE talking about their new sweetie.

My back is a little better, and I'm glad of that since I am going to the doctor w/a scared friend later today. She has some kind of a cyst, hernia or something in her groin area and it is about the size of an orange. I feel sure she is facing surgery, but told her it is not likely to be cancerous. Then another friend is having a hysterectomy tomorrow. I will be taking a pot of chili and Mary is sending a pan of brownies to her the day she comes home from the hospital.

On a bright note, the sun is shining and the daffodils are blooming!

BBL,
Jana
Jane is offline   Reply With Quote