Old 03-25-2004, 06:53 PM   #61  

S/C/G: 187/185/140

Height: 5'9

Gees I just had the strangest vision after reading all the posties...

Grassie and SB holding hands while the rest of us play doubledutch on the scales, Raven riding Arashi around singing one of those old skipping songs...each person taking their turns as the skipper or the turner!!lol Poor scales...boy wouldn't that be a work out for the bunch of us!!lol

Southern Butterfly!!! Welcome Back!!! Wow...Shelley, SB, LeAnne now and then...WOW...it's Family Reunion time at Scale Addicts!!

YAYYYYYYYY Im sooooo happy now!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hotsplashes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2004, 07:17 AM   #62  

S/C/G: 160/147/130

Height: 5'4"

Hi guys!! No scale hopping for me - I'm happy to hang out with SB and be supportive

The BF went to the doctor about his foot. Torn ligament. The doctor said he'd never seen anyone who's whole body was 1 injury. He's seen plenty of people that have several injuries at once time, but this one just sent shock waves through him and rattled his whole frame. Poor guy wakes up with Headaches every single day - didn't today! And he has a knott in his back that's been there so long it's part of him now - not there anymore. He said he feels like he should morn it's loss somehow. His foot is 75% better today - but that hasn't stopped the whining any. Of course he's going to blaze trails tomorrow so he can ride next week. (must be feeling better). Walks with ace wrap and NO movement in his foot but he's going to ride.....
boys will be boys......

I'm still doing really well. Glad it's friday though. This week seems like 3 in one. It was LONG!. I have clinic tomorrow then I can finally relax for the week. I want to go to the gym both days this weekend. Even if I just walk and lift a couple of weights - I want to BE there and get things jump started.

I'll talk to you guys soon....HS, that's one active imagination you have OHHHHH - one of my teachers has decided to certify everyone in Reiki 1. Since I already have the the first two she is going to give me level 3 instead. I can't take it until after school is out but I won't have to pay for it either!!!! VERY excited!
little grasshopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2004, 09:04 AM   #63  

WOOHOO a level 3 reiki!!! Yer gonna have to move up here Grassie, or me down there!lol Weather is warm here today...but rainy. I dont mind tho...you don't have to shovel rain! My knee is still really ouchie. but tolerable. Am going to grab a quick nap before work this afternoon. Will be back on after work tonite, Ladies!!

Hope to see more posties when I get on here after 9pm!
Old 03-26-2004, 09:32 AM   #64  
47 pounds gone!!

Mornin' yall!! Stepped on the scale this morning and it says I'm 149... I've been bouncing between 148-149 for the past week.. I sure hope this isn't another plateau!

My legs and feet are hurting so much.. and I have to pull another double today/tonight!! and it's Friday! (Friday's are the busiest days/nights). I'll be soaking my feet tonight that's for sure.

The weather here is SO SO nice.. I LOVE this time of year.. time to plant my garden! That's if I can find some time! lol I'm not looking forward to those "hot as an oven" days though.

okay, guess I need to get ready for work. Seems like Groundhog Day for me everyday.. I need a vacation!! OH and TF-- have fun on your getaway!! It's nice to have alone time without the yungins sometimes!

BTW it's so nice to see everyone coming back!!! See yall tomorrow
Shelley0574 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2004, 09:35 AM   #65  
47 pounds gone!!

OH one more thing.. I wanted to ask... do yall have weigh in days or is it just when we wanna? lol
Old 03-26-2004, 02:58 PM   #66  

Happy Friday!!

I'm ready for a long vacation. Have to wait until December though. I'll be happy just to have a couple of weeks off of school.

Tomorrow I have to go to my mother's birthday party. My sis's wonderful boyfriend is supposed to have BBQ catered. Why do I have to live in Memphis with all of this delicious pork?

The weather is beautiful right now. It's about the only time I'm not dreaming of moving away. I want to go south in the winter and north in the summer.

Shelly - I hope you're liking the new job.

HS - I hope the knee feels better soon.

Grasshopper - congratulations!

Tulip - enjoy your weekend!
SthrnBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2004, 03:43 PM   #67  
Student of the Hoof

*twitch* I've started to post about 400 times so far today and keep getting interrupted! Gah!

So ok .. I weighed in at 177.5 today. My scale is obviously playing with my head again because tomorrow I KNOW it's going to bounce back up. It does this to me on purpose, I know these things.

Do we have a weigh in day? Every day? Three times a day? (Hi, my name is Marian, and I'm a weigh-aholic.)

Too busy at work to do more than wave.. HS hope your knee is feeling better!! Ow!

*dashes back to work*
RavenToy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2004, 07:55 AM   #68  
Student of the Hoof

Hey ladies! It's SATURDAY!!

And even more exciting... the scale stayed at 177.5. Now what?? OMG, if it bounces up now I'm going to be so annoyed. Because wow.. this puts me in a position to actually maybe possibly (!) achieve my stealth goal! I really just need to stop that. But .. but .. but .. that would be so COOL!!!

Ok .. today it's off to the stables. Richard is following along because he might have a contract job lined up with Rosa's hubby to do the networking and systems stuff on this startup company that Jeff hooked up with. And Rosa, the kids, and I are all off to the Humane Society (lord help me, I can NOT go into the back area) to meet the woman who runs it so we can start doing her web updates too. She desperately needs help, and it's all volunteer, but V can definitely use it as job experience on a resume. Then back to the stables to work the pony-ponies, and who knows what next. I am SO broke, food is just .. well, whatever I can scrounge up at the moment. I had to spend more money on horsie stuff than I'd budgeted for, so ... It's one of those "how am I going to make it to Thursday" deals. I'll figure it out.

I think right now I'm going to walk the dogs then do some taebo. Hope everyone's Saturday is going great!!

(Still fantasizing about hitting 176 by next Thursday morning.)
RavenToy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2004, 11:36 AM   #69  
47 pounds gone!!

Thumbs up

*yawn* Morning! Yeah, its 10:15am and I'm just getting out of bed. lol Didn't get home from work until 11pm last night. I get to lounge around all day today though. I have to go back to work tonight. I'm not used to all this night working. I usually just work days but I'm taking someone's place because they had to go out of town.

SB -- I LOVE my job. It's only a waitressing job but it's really good money and the people I work with are like family to me. We have a lot of fun and I honestly think this is the best job I've had so far.

RT -- That's Awesome!!!!! Keep up the great work! Good luck with everything and hang in there. Everything seems to fall in it's place

Okay, I'm off for now. Hope everyone has a wonderful Saturday!!
Old 03-28-2004, 11:44 AM   #70  

Morning everyone! Sorry for not being here since Friday...work kept me busy till late then yesterday I got so piled up with doing housework and not feeling well that i just slept most of the time if i wasn't doing nasty housework. Today is sunny but not as mild as predicted. Won't be planting gardens here for another 2 months sadly to say. As for stepping on the scales....I do it only when I'm not afraid to these days~lol

Hope everyone had a fun weekend!
Old 03-28-2004, 01:52 PM   #71  
Confirmed Scales Addict

Default Evening Ladies!!!

It's 7:45pm and we have been home about an hour now....we had a great weekend, we took long walks ate really nice food and finished all our conversations!!! I love my kids to bits but sometimes it's so nice to have their dad all to myself!!!!

Grassie....I went and walked for 2hours on saturday and then again for 1/2 hours on Sunday....and my legs are killing me now!!! Hey i took some excercise!!!

Shelley...I did waiteressing many years ago and loved every minute of it...there is a really party atmosphere in a restaurant!!! Hard on the legs tho!

SB - where are you going on holiday in December??? somewhere hot or NOT??

Splashes...wot you done to your knee?? and where are you working....think i missed a bit of post again

HOpe you all had a good weekend...see you in the week!
Tulip-Fairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2004, 01:55 PM   #72  
Confirmed Scales Addict

oh..forgot to mention...
...didn't take our scales with us this weekend so am having scales withdrawals!!! Hubby as well as me...so i'll jump on in the morning as see what damage i have done over the weekend (although with all the walking i'm hoping its minimal!!) it's ToM though so i'm expecting a bit of water retention!!!

I;ll keep you posted!
Old 03-29-2004, 12:10 AM   #73  

S/C/G: 160/147/130

Height: 5'4"

Hi all! Can't sleep. Just wanted to pop in and say hello. The weekend has been very nice. It is great to see so many of us here! I just got an email from an old friend. She has lost 50 pounds since I last saw her. Very inspirational! I'm going to be better this week, then better the next! I'm actually looking forward to working out tomorrow

Hope everyone had a good weekend. I'll write more tomorrow when I'm not so tired....
little grasshopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2004, 06:34 AM   #74  
Confirmed Scales Addict

Good Morning!!

Got on the scales this morning.......oh it's NOT good........129!!!!!!!!!!!! I know it's alot of water from ToM (along with overeating at the weekend!! ) But still, it didn't make me feel good about myself! I am in serious negotiations with this catering business and feel like a jibbering wreak!!! I have send my business partner/collegue in alone to try and finalise things, because if i go try to do it i will end up in tears today!!!!!!

Grassie i admire your determination...you wouldn't like to lend me a bit would you?? I'll give it to you back...i promise I only need it for a little while until mine turns up again!!

I'm going for a lie down now....bury my head and rest my aching tummy! Speak to you all soon!
Old 03-29-2004, 08:18 AM   #75  

Good Morning everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tis a lovely warm, sunny, Spring day today! Took the doggies out for their morning ablutions and what did I happen to find on my lawn???? A beautiful Purple Crocus!!! I know it's spring now!!!

Shelley, how goes the weightloss? I got up this morning not feeling like eating bacon and eggs so I had a big bowl of cheerios...am regretting it now!lol I find when I eat protein for breaky I feel good all day long...I REALLY need to follow the diet my Doc put me on...very similar to Atkins/ South Beach.

Tulip Fairy, I am so glad that your weekend went so well! I guess living in England is kinda like me living in Canada. You cross the Channel and you are in France, I cross the River and I'm in the US!lol I hope all goes well with your partner and the sellers! YOu sound sooo excited about this, I hope it works!!! Good Luck!! And don't worry about the gain...like you said...it's just water!

Grassie, you sound soooo much better after your 'recharge'!! Sometimes we all need to just sit back, relax, let the world go by, and recharge our emotional batteries. When we take care of ourselves, everything else tends to fall into place!

Raven, did you get to ride at all this weekend? Splash was a mudball, and I think I spend more time brushing her than riding her this time of year!lol the paddocks are a mess too, so all we are doing is turn out in the riding pens to save the grass for later. How go the sitting trot and twopoint positions? It's a real workout on the thighs and lower abs ain't it?LOL

Well, I don't see LeAnne or Southern Butterfly anywhere but I will say Howdie and hope you two had a great weekend!

I will be starting a new thread next Monday, ladies! Wow we'll be on Thread #7!!! YAYYy for us!!! I'm glad to see we're still hanging in there. I did sneak on the scales and wasn't happy. I'm up 2 lbs. But I'm sure I can work those off this week by proper eating and exercise. Dr. Phil says there's no such thing as will power...either you do it or you don't. And I am starting to believe it's true!lol It's all up to me and wether I make the choice to do it or not! Keep up the great work ladies and I'll see everyone later!!!!!!!!!!!