Old 03-22-2004, 04:41 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 187/185/140

Height: 5'9

**DOes her best Fred Sanford Impression** It's the BIG ONE , Lizbeth! I'm gonna come and meet ya, Lizbeth!!

LMAO...YAYYYYY there's Shelley!!! I hope you plan on staying around for a bit Shelley! 13lbs is not too bad. And how did yoy lose 9lbs so fast!!???!!!

Grassie!! I have TMJ!! Massage helps it? I'll have to find someone around here that does that...I get the worst headaches cuz of it...That would be awesome if you could get a job with yer dentist!

Good news for me today..I got a job...back to bartending...full time...spiffy hiclass restuarant/lounge. So the money should be great...i start tomorrow...lunch crowd. Dr.s, Lawyers...etc...Yippee me!!!

See ya later taters!!
Hotsplashes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2004, 08:20 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 160/147/130

Height: 5'4"

HS, YES - it's incredible for TMJ!!! And it's pretty easy to teach yourself some of the parts of it. Here is a link to the CMTA (Canadian Massage Therapy Association). Check them out and see if they can recommend a good therapist that can help you with both things.

If you want I'll send you a message explaining how to do some of the easy strokes on the muscles inside the mouth. They can really really make a difference in how your jaws feel!

Went to the doctor today. Stress is way too high. All allergy diet stuff is second to dealing with stress right now. Made me feel much better. Told me to take today and relax so I've been sleeping and watching TV all day. Feel much better but very very tired!

I'll check in tomorrow, when I'm more awake. Hav e a great night everyone!
little grasshopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2004, 11:26 PM   #48  
47 pounds gone!!

ROFL!! Same ol Chele. It's great to be back here again.

Well, I went back on my low carb diet again and I guess my body went full speed ahead on the ketosis (sp?) deal. lol
Shelley0574 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2004, 04:23 PM   #49  

Hi shelley, I think I came on, about the same time you left. I'm glad you're back. I remember reading some of your old posts when I first started! Good for you sticking to the low carb plan again!!

Visit to md yesterday has done me a lot of good. Taking the night away from school did even more! I'm beginning to feel like myself - just a more tired version. Staying away from scales. Will hit gym tomorrow morning and ease my way back into it. I want the endorphines

Just wanted to check in and say hi to everyone!! Hope you're having a good day!
Old 03-23-2004, 07:18 PM   #50  

Grassie, thanks for the things on the TMJ massage! And yes, Shelley is one of the original Scale Addicts...She and I were on the first ones together. As for being tired, stress will do that to you. The adrenaline is what keeps you hyped, then when the stress is gone...so is the adrenaline rush. THat's when yoy realize how tired you are!

Take it easy and enjoy your down time!

Shelley, well my goodness...if you lose all this weight, you gonna leave us again? We lost ole Tulip so far...no sign of her anywhere. LeeAnne is busy being preggers!lol Tis just me an' Grassie an' Raven now...with Miss Elisha popping by now and then.

Eating sucked today...had a big ole candybar and a loaf of morning glory bread. Tis' stress eating after an argument with the bf last nite. I kinda feel like that by eating, I'm getting back at him somehow...how stupid is that thinking/?LOL

See everyone tomorrow after work!!
Old 03-23-2004, 10:14 PM   #51  
Bound and Determined

S/C/G: 268/268/150

Height: 5'10"

I'm still here! I finally made it out of my funk! I lost another pound this week, and I can seem my collarbone--Hooray for me! At least it provided me with some much-needed motivation.

Just wanted to check in and let you know I'm still here.

~Miss E
miss_elisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2004, 11:13 PM   #52  

Miss E - GREAT TO SEE YOU!! Congratulations on the collar bone preview! It's so nice when body parts start re-appearing, huh Very cool for you!!!

HS - stress eating I can understand but getting back at the bf huh, how passive agressive of you I notice you ate the whole loaf this time....were you afraid TF would pop in and make you throw the remainders away?

okay, on the ever growing stress front....tonight we did healing touch energy work. We weren't really warned the emotional effect it can have if you've been under stress. There were 7 of us tonight. 6 cried, full blown, sobbing tears. (at that point the teacher explained it ) She didn't expect us to be THAT stressed out. It did feel better to know I'm in good company, but I know how stressed they are and my heart goes out to them. Our one snotty student is of course back from the farm and cocky as ever. Funny thing is that when she tried to attack people tonight we fought back as a whole. By the end of the night she was pretty withdrawn - a nice change. By that point she'd already attacked 3 students and the teacher. Nice to see people standing up to her.

I'm eating well - not too much junk. Staying away from the scales right now. It's hard but I know it's an added stress I don't need. Still sleeping a ton but made it to work and school tonight. I'm zonked now though!!

I do want to say thanks for listening to my ramblings these days. I really do need it. As I'm unwinding I'm realizing how bad it was. I was wrapped pretty tight! I'm shocked I didn't snap!

Well time for bed. I'll talk to you guys tomorrow! mrm
Old 03-24-2004, 07:21 AM   #53  

Morning everyone....just on my way out to walk the dogs and enjoy the sunshine. Glad to see Miss Elisha and her new Collarbones give us a visit!! YAYYY another pound down! Any loss or maintenance is good, Miss Elisha! One step at a time as the saying goes! Keep up the good work and drop in more often.

Grassie, I learned a bit of Reiki from a master so I could work on my horses...and even the after effect of working on them has a lot of emotional impact. I bet the only student that didn't cry was was the nasty one. Why does the teacher put up with her? Is the teacher that submissive or the student that domineering? I'm glad the rest of the class has banded together!! Go Team!!!

As for me...yes a whole loaf...but it was a tiny loaf. Won't do it again, I promise....I hope. Passive/agressive...never looked at it in that light. I'll have to do some further analysis on myself tonite! lol. Well, the doggies are sitting patiently at the foot of the stairs..time for their walkies.

Have a great day and see everyone this afternoon!
Old 03-24-2004, 03:01 PM   #54  

hi guys! Today is better than yesterday. Feeling like my old self again. Thanks for sticking in there with me. Last night was a ride and then some!!! I hope everyone is feeling better today.

We all look at each other in class and we're like some odd couple, healing, A-Team. We're the wierdest combination of people but other than the witch, we really are close. I think it's because we are the only people that really know what we're going through because we're the ones going through it together. In a way we're what we have to cling to right now.

I make it sound like it's all bad - it's not. Just stressful. 6 weeks to go! I'll be a little late getting into the sexy bikini - but I WILL get into it this year

Good to see that you ate a small loaf HS! Today is a new day, right! See you soon. mrm
Old 03-25-2004, 09:45 AM   #55  
47 pounds gone!!

Hey yall! Geez I've been so busy for the past couple of days.. Ever since I started working (after being a stay at home mom for 8 years) my life has been kinda hectic. It's gonna be even more crazy today cuz I gotta pull a double! ugh! lol Oh well, it keeps me active

little grasshopper -- Thank you for the kind words! It's great to be back. Yep, I'm one of the first ones... Chele even had a name for me.. lol I forgot what it was though

HS -- No way am I ever leaving again without good reason! It's gonna take a lot of hard work to get to my goal and when I finally do get there, It's gonna be a lot of hard work to maintain it... LOL So I'm definitely gonna be needing my SA friends!!

Miss Elisha -- Hi! Nice to meet you! Congrats on loosing that pound!!

Okay, I have to get ready for work.. I'll catch up with yall tomorrow!
Shelley0574 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2004, 11:58 AM   #56  
Confirmed Scales Addict

SORRY I'VE BEEN AWOL!!!!!!! I've been gone ages!!!! Sorry, but time is just flying by at the moment!

Great to see you Shelly we really missed you when you left...me and Splashes were pinning (sp?) for ages!! Well done on your 9lb loss!!

My eating is up and down at the moment...we are still hoping to get this sandwich bar so am testing out recipes all day..and trying not to over eat things!! Is really hard! I'm still 125 / 126 so i'm hanging in there........JUST!

Grassie - hope you feel better soon, sleep as much as you can so your bod has a chance to recover! I know thats easier said than done but......!

Way Hay to Elishas collarbone!!!

Any news from Leanne?

What about RAven?? is she still around or has she gone AWOL also??

And lastly.........Splashes......ANOTHER LOAF!!!......WHAT DID I SAY LAST TIME THAT HAPPENED??? That i'd put oyu over my knee, send you to bed without any supper then ground you over the weekend!!! Now the next time you reach for that loaf...remember my words!!!! Naughy Splashes!!
Tulip-Fairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2004, 12:25 PM   #57  

Hey, everyone.

I forgot my exact user name and password, so I had to change. I used to be SthrnButterfly or SouthernButterfly or something like that!

I decided to come crawling back and see if you'll could forgive me for disappearing. Life's been crazy the past few months. I'm not for sure how much weight I've put back on. I'm scared to weigh. The ole' ED is trying to show his ugly face around here. I'm really fighting with him right now. I'm looking into some group therapy and trying to find out how to go about seeing a therapist. My insurance requires me to do things in a certain order. Don't want to miss one of their steps and get payment denial!

I hope everyone is doing good. It's great to see everyone again!
SthrnBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2004, 01:04 PM   #58  
Student of the Hoof

Heyas... I'm here! Just been too busy to breathe lately. I don't think there's any hope at all of really catching up. Listen, I've been so busy that this morning I FORGOT TO WEIGH MYSELF! How often does that happen!?

I'm hanging in at around 179, according to yesterdays numbers. That puts me at 7 pounds down for this month so far. Since my goal is 5 pounds, I'm doing good. My stealth goal was 176, and I doubt I'll see that before the first of next month, but I might get another pound to budge. That would put me at my 40 pounds lost mark, with 43 left to go. I could handle that.

I've also been dealing with a lot of frustration emotionally and financially, which makes it hard sometimes to talk. I follow the posts, and they keep me on track and on plan, but it's almost just too much effort to post, some days. Tonight is a horse night, I'm gonna continue the training of my pony - I'm so proud of him, he's doing SO well. Though I finally got to actually meet and talk to the farrier who comes to the stables, and I found out my baby is flat footed. It was kind of odd... I mean, I picked up on the fact that his feet were different from the other horses, but I never really made the connection. ANYway.. that means Arashi boy gets shoes next visit. Because by that time I should be ready to start a little more under the saddle work with him, and I don't want the soles of his feet getting all bruised up. Too much horse babble? I'm sorry.. it's kind of like the major bright spot in my life. He keeps me grounded and appreciative about what I have.

I'll try harder to keep up from now on.. I promise!!
RavenToy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2004, 01:50 PM   #59  

RT - never too much rambling!! If it's what makes you happy and keeps your grounded we want to hear about it. As you can see I've been having a lot of stress and trouble too. Congratulations on staying on your program!!! I wasn't able to do that. Had to give it up for right now. I'm really impressed that you are doing so well!

I'm feeling stronger every day. I think BF was feeling neglected in the stress catagory - he wrecked his bike last night. He's messed his foot up and the only way he's not in real real pain is to flex his ankle and toes as close to his shin bone as possible. He just hangs out like that. I've finally convinced him he needs to AT LEAST be at a doctor's office. He's going today. Hopefully nothing is torn completely or broken. Poor boy - that's what he gets for jumping off walls like a 15 year old!!!

So cool to see so many faces today!!!!! TF - I hope things settle down for you with the business soon!!! Wow!! How life can change! Very exciting!!!!!

And SB - I remember you! Glad you're back!!! We can dodge the scales together for a while until you're ready to get on them. I'm staying clear for now I think I'll be ready for some carb cutting next week might be time to get back on after induction is over

Well I'd better get some work done. Have to drive the honey to the doc today. Poor guy. He's more hurt that his bike is broken, than his he is about his foot. Kid at heart!
Old 03-25-2004, 03:46 PM   #60  
Confirmed Scales Addict

WooHoo!!!!!!! SB's in the house.....that means Splashes has got us all back!!! YIPPEEEEEE!!!

WELCOME BACK SB - so glad you could join us again...you've got a lot of catching up to do, loads of stuff has happend to us all since we last saw you!!

Raven don't worry about rambling too much especially horses, that's right up Splashes street - or by the same token, just popping in to say "hello" coz there isn't enough time is ok too!! Thats what i intend to do if i haven't got time to write an essay!!

Grassie - you can hold SB's hand in the back ground while the rest of us jump on the scales ok??

Well that's two messages from me today - eeeee it all or nothing with me!!
I'll try to pop in tomorrow...await a important phone call tomorrow about sandwich bar, then i'm off to have my hair done (get rid of my grey, but don't tell anyone!! )
I also won't be here over the weekend as hubby is taking me to the coast for the weekend........no kids for two whole days!!! yippeeeee!! So if i don't pop in tomorrow, i'll see you all on Monday!!
Bye
Tulip
~x~

Tulip-Fairy is offline   Reply With Quote