Closed Thread

Old 02-26-2004, 09:25 AM   #31  
wsw

ceara-congrats on the 2 lbs. down! that's great!

today, i will do 20 mins. on my bicycle (it's stationery, has pedals, which can be placed on floor to use while seated or in wheelchair. can also put the pedals on table top and use for arm exercises, which i do too.); leg stretching exercises, and 20 crunches (for my back). will give this all a shot and see if i can do anything additional. for now, this is a pretty lofty goal for me, so will be thrilled if i can do this.

cerise-i think you had asked me on one thread what cardio-vascular exercises i can do when i'm "having technical difficulties" and inside during winter. since if i get hot, my body doesn't work much at all (due to ms), i do some bicyle exercises at the p.t.'s office using hands and arms together at a quick pace with a nice big fan on me! since i can't always use my legs, this unfortunately is not always a regular for me, but whenever i can, i seize the opportunity. i do physioball exercises (not cardio-vascular), but it is great for my back. i can only do those at p.t.'s office too, though now because they want to have someone right in back of me in case i run in to "technical difficulties." i also have videotapes with (wheel)chair "dancing" exercises which i do whenever i can. some of the leg exercises can get my heart rate up pretty well. again, i can't do all of these things all the time, so whenever all(well, or as many at a time, as possible, anyway) systems are go, i strike and get in whichever ones i can for that day. when i can't do anything on my own, and i am in physical therapy, they do passive exercises on me and move my arms and legs, so with all this combination, in one way or another, i continue to move in some way each day. i don't know if any of that info. was helpful or not, for your sil-who is the trainer. hope it was. if you have any other questions about that, please feel free to ask me. well, speaking of exercise, i'm going to tackle that 'ole bicycle right now. take good care, all.
Old 02-26-2004, 02:30 PM   #32  
caffeine free!

Ok, so yesterday I do the big nada. So, the rest of this week I have to up my minutes to get the average ahead.

But on the plus side I am having some amazing squash/carrot soup with shittakke mushrooms for lunch.
Old 02-26-2004, 06:15 PM   #33  
Empress/Queen

Talking Yowza! NSV!

Amarantha knoweth this be the exercise thread but this IS exercise related, as she decided to pitch all her size 10s today and put on her eagerly waiting size 8 jeans! They fit. This is due to exercise!!!! And a little bit due to calorie counting! So Participant Amarantha wins a blue ribbon for a moral victory!!!! And yet another for logging 40 minutes of walk/run on her "hall treadmill" as she hath not had time to go to gym today because of travel for work.

Blue ribbons are being given out at the main podium, followed by a free virtual dinner ... come one, come all. Huzzah!

A blue ribbon goeth to Participant Zadie for the moral victory of having a healthy and delicious lunch and for resting (because methinks the experts consider that rest is as important as exercise)!! Huzzah!

A blue ribbon be earmarked for Participant Wsw for her planned workout (which by now she's done and even if she didn't get it all in, it's all to the good)!!!

Two blue ribbons goeth to Ceara for TWO POUNDS down and for her walking and playing Tball with her heathens!!!!

Blue ribbons are waiting at the podium for all who stop by tonight and report their challenges!!! The judges are going to have dinner!!!!
Old 02-27-2004, 06:02 AM   #34  

Hello all!

I finally got here!! I heard the troubadours songs and the bright laughter and knew I was missing all the fun!

Empress! So exciting to be down a size! Can you remember the last time you wore size 8?? For me, it probably was when I was 8!!

I only have my 8 flights of stairs to report...really need to add something instead of just talking about it.... TODAY IS THE DAY!
Old 02-27-2004, 06:06 AM   #35  

But wait, b/4 I go...

Congrats Ceara on 2lbs down!

And Zadie K-- more details please on the soup! All those ingredients sound great!..
Old 02-27-2004, 08:30 AM   #36  
deleted2

Ceara, congrats on being down 2 pounds---Wonderful!

zadie, i'd love to see the soup recipe too. Maybe you could post it on the food thread?

Amarantha, I'm sooo thrilled that you're into size 8's!

Ah, this is why I check in here every day. You're all so inspiring to me!

Yesterday was a bit light for me, exercise-wise. I got up at dawn and did a 15 min. abs video and walked 3 miles on the treadmill in the afternoon.

This morning, I'm afraid I failed in my quest for early moning exercise. I slept late, because I was sulking. It didn't snow last night!

Old 02-27-2004, 11:14 AM   #37  
Empress/Queen

Ok, EVERYONE gets a blue ribbon, saith the Faire officials, handing them out ... !!!!!

Kaylets, yup, I do remember wearing a size 8, it was when I got into the 140s the first time but then I started to gain again. I never made it to size 6, which is pretty much as far as I want to go, but we'll see. I pitched all the size 10s I own because I don't want to wear them again or see them again!!!

Did 40 minutes of circuit training by myself whilst waiting for trainer to get off the phone on her personal business today. This really shouldn't have bothered me as she's really great and I know she works very hard, but it did. I felt, once again in life, how much of a dispensible person I am ... she was still talking when I stuck my head in and said I needed to leave. I need to rethink spending money on this training. Anyway, I'll do another 20 today towards my 360 goal. Gotta do some paying work today.

Participant Eydie, I'm not sure the above whining qualifies as inspiring ... sorry, this put me into a bad exercise mood!!!

I'll be baaaack! (Arnold voice)!!!
[/b]
Old 02-27-2004, 05:23 PM   #38  
wsw

i did get all my pre-planned exercising in yesterday and have done the same today.

amarantha-congrats on that victory to size 8!!! that is wonderful!! sorry you had a bad experience with trainer being rude to you today. you are very INDISPENSIBLE, empress! you are such an inspiration to me.

will go for same exercise plan again tomorrow, all body parts permitting anyway.
Old 02-27-2004, 06:02 PM   #39  
Empress/Queen

Thankee, Wsw, thou be inspirational to me as well. I just posted a response to you on the food thread!!! They want you to come and pick up your blue ribbons for GIVING AWAY GIRL SCOUT COOKIES! I could never do that in a million!!!

Looking at my spreadsheet, I don't really have to do the 20-minute walk. With my 40 minutes of circuit training this a.m., I only have 65 minutes left for the 360, so I'm just going to make that up tomorrow. I'm working in the mountains and maybe I'll take a hike if it's warm. So I guess I get a blue ribbon ... !!!! Will be in a cheerier mental place tomorrow, hopefully!
Old 02-27-2004, 08:30 PM   #40  
deleted2

I was doing a step aerobics tape today and something in my left calf "crunched", a pulled muscle or something? I'm limping and it's a bit painful, so I'll probably have to get more creative for the next couple of days. Anyway, I attempted to 'walk it off' and got in 30 min. of the video, albeit modified, and then I did 200 crunches and 40 pushups.

Old 02-28-2004, 07:25 AM   #41  

I'm checking in but I have disappointed myself I didn't manage to get in my planned excercise in the last 2 days. I got word Thurs that my brother's father died Thurs night and I have been a little distracted with figuring out arangements for getting down there for the funeral but really no excuse. In case you are all wondering it was my birth brother's father so he is not directly related to me but he accepted me into the family when my brother found me 2 years ago. He was my brother's adopted father and he was so happy they found me. If you can believe it he found his own sister that he hadn't seen in 64 years when he fled Russia as a young boy. He spoke with her for the 1st time the day before he went in the hospital last week, she called to check on him last night only to be told he had passed on, rather a sad story but at least he knew she was still alive and had survived the terrible ordeal they went through when they were young. Sorry wrong place for this. Anyway Im off to the gym early this morning for my 90 min workout.
Old 02-28-2004, 08:25 PM   #42  
Empress/Queen

Yo! Dollar, so sorry about thy brother's father passing. I personally think that's rather a valid reason for thee to not get thy workouts in as this is sad and stressful for you. I think you should get a blue ribbon anyway for each day ... ... and another one for getting to the gym early this a.m. !!! Hang in there!

Participant Eydie, hope thou be hanging in also, although the judges have noticed how stalwart thou beist at all times ... left calf "crunched" and thou attempted to walk it off and did 30 minutes of a vid, 200 crunches and 40 pushups? I'd say thou deserveth double ribbons ... ... but be careful of that crunchy feeling in thy leg and have it xrayed if it doesn't feel better ... exercising on an injury can be bad news and set thee back more than if thou rested ... unsolicited advice, I know, I'm like that ... sorry!!!!

Participant Amarantha be inspired by thy stalwartness and despite feeling blue all day finished the 65 minutes she needed for her 360 minutes-per-week challenge ... and this is the end of her 21-days at 360 minutes. Will post her new challenge tomorrow, although it may be the same 360 minutes. It seems to work well for now, but eventually I want to get to 420 a week.

Later, gators!!!
Old 02-29-2004, 09:08 AM   #43  
deleted2

Thanks for the advice, Amarantha! I never know exactly what to do when those kinds of things happen. I limped around a bit and got some of those neat 'menthol' pain patch things for it. I felt much better yesterday morning, but still took it easy with a 2 mile walk while out in the world. I need a new exercise challenge and will meditate on that today while I'm at work.

Dollar, sorry to hear about your brother's dad. Don't feel badly about being too distracted to exercise---My program has come to a screeching halt because of far less than that from time to time. Thanks for sharing your story with us. It makes me think of the quote that Cerise shared: 'Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a great battle.'

I'm feeling so lazy today---'hung over' from a very bad food day yesterday. Honestly, I may or may not workout today. It'll pass!

Old 02-29-2004, 12:22 PM   #44  
Empress/Queen

Talking

Yo! Methinks a lazzzzy haze hath settled over the Faire, Eydie, because I feel that way, too! But I also have to work today and tomorrow and am dividing up some exercise minutes into small sessions to accomodate that. Not the place to report it, but I'm down another half pound (4 weeks in a row going down!!!)!!!

My New Early March Initiative calls for a weekly exercise total of 390 minutes (plus a weekly calorie average of no more than 1500-1800, but that's another thread). This initiative will last three weeks ... I keep track of the math on a spreadsheet! I'll report my exercise minutes here tonight and will be on hand to help the judges pass out blue ribbons, 'cause we KNOW we're gonna get some!!!!!

I'm excited about my new initiative and know it will get me where I want to be!!!! Yowza!!!!

Ok, Participants, the Faire doors just opened ... there's a healthy Exercising Brunch spread out on trestle tables in the main tent. The sun is shining and banners are flying ... tomorrow is the beginning of March and there's a contingent of s waiting in line with tickets to see the events!!!!! Let's not let Sunday (a work day for some of us) be an excuse not to go out there and have fun actively (or resting, which is really important, too, as long as we know what we're resting for)!!!!

Participant Eydie is advised (again, she didn't ask for advice, but there it is) by the nosy and push Palace Physicians to stay off the leg until she's sure there's not an injury and if she exercises, she should do the top half only (how about isometrics, Eydie? You can really get at the triceps with these!)

Avanti!!!

Last edited by Amarantha2; 02-29-2004 at 01:54 PM. Reason: Only lost half pound, not a pound, correcting!!!
Old 02-29-2004, 01:20 PM   #45  
Hot Stuff

Particpant Wildfire is back from visiting the nearby township of Parental Stress and declares a new challenge for herself:

Let "The Countdown to Vegas Challenge" commence! In a mere 30 days from today I will be getting on board the Royal Jet to be whisked away to Las Vegas for a week with my handsome prince (AKA DH). In those 30 days I WILL exercise each day, keep a food journal, drink plenty o' water, and stay within the points range I have declared. (22-29)

To kick off this new challenge I have completed 47 minutes on Ye Olde Treadmill, started a fresh food journal, and toasted my efforts with a large goblet of water.

Amarantha, congrats on the loss! You're really making some headway now!

Eydie, I agree...give your leg a few days rest to heal.

Closed Thread