Closed Thread

Old 03-27-2001, 07:45 PM   #16  
Groovy Canadian Chick

Default Another day...another craving!

Hi everyone,

Well its been a good day so far. However the day is not over yet

Hey Charlotte have fun shopping, I love shopping at thifty kinda stores, its so much fun. And I agree, we all need to have fun In fact, my sister and I did a girlie thing this passed weekend...we had acrylic nails done. Its great! Its amazing how something like that can make you feel good about yourself. And feeling good about yourself helps you to follow your diet, eating plan..whatever, because you become determined to succeed.

So I hope everyone gets the chance to have fun this week!

TTFN,
Jodie
Old 03-28-2001, 07:37 AM   #17  
Kool Kat

Hey, guys! Well, I lost 3 lbs yesterday! Yesterday alone! I tried to drink some apple juice, but it didn't stay down!! So, all I had yesterday was two Sprites and a rice cake!

So, anyway, that's my update!! Ok, I'll talk to ya later!!

Seren Dee
Old 03-28-2001, 12:08 PM   #18  
Groovy Canadian Chick

Way to go Seren Dee

Keep up the good work!

Jodie
Old 03-28-2001, 04:54 PM   #19  
Bacon Girlie

S/C/G: see signature

Height: 5/4

Talking Charlotte

Congrats on all of your progress! Even falling down is progress, as long as you get back up!

Charlotte: When I was your age (not that long ago!) I was a real tomboy too. Now that I'm older and have more money and a more professional job, I don't thrift shop too much, but I totally understand what you mean about being insecure. You know, I bet you look really great just the way that you are now, especially since they say you look like Drew Barrymore, and that you're tall. 180 isn't bad at all, so I'm sure you'd look great in a skirt! I'm short 5'4 and like to wear skirts but not look tomboyish. If you want to transition to skirts, start with long skirts. I love my long dark denim skirt. It actually drags on the ground in back and I wear my Dr Marten boots with it and most of my skirts. That way, I'm still comfy but looking feminine too. That's the thing I hate about skirts - the dressy shoes and the fact that my legs are so short!

But, start out just making little changes like that. I'm still a tomboy at heart and will never fall into the "corporate woman" thing, but just be comfortable, whatever you do!

Girlie

Last edited by Girlie; 03-28-2001 at 04:59 PM.
Old 03-28-2001, 04:59 PM   #20  
Bacon Girlie

Default Oh, and another thing Charlotte..

When I first got to college, I felt weird about everyone assuming that I'm a total tomboy too, but I didn't want to be known for just that. So I changed...I would one day be a total tomboy, then the next day, be a girlie girl because that's what I am (hence, my name!). I remember I had this knee-length shiny midnight-blue satin dress that fit my hourglass figure well. I'd wear white tights, mary jane shoes and carry a handbag. I also had this short, fitted fake fur coat that I'd wear. It was really funny because I'd even straighten and bob my hair!

It was so hard for me to do this the first time, but I got used to it and the compliments!

Anyway, sorry for rambling!

Girlie
Old 03-28-2001, 06:53 PM   #21  
Strange Little Girl

Cool Bad move last night...

I didn't do so well last night, guys. I had a long 10 1/2 day at work plus school yesterday. But the end of the night, all I had that day was some coffee and a Subway 6-7 point sandwich. I convinced myself that after all that hard work, I "deserved" to be bad for dinner when I got off. I went to Denny's and ate this egg and cheese sandwich, plus country fried potatoes, which I drenched in cheese and ranch dressing!!! OUCH!!! Considering I had about 11 or so points left in the day, I probably went way over that, about 17ish or so. The worst part was, my stomach had shrunk, and I couldn't finish the meal, but instead of listening to my body, I forced myself to clear the plate!

But I started out today right back on schedule. I had water and two rice cakes, then headed to Subway on my lunch break. The woman there told me that the horseradish sauce for the roast beef was lowfat, so I believed her. Silly me, I checked out the Subway website and the sauce alone is 3.25 points!!! My sandwich is almost ten points. I did my best to scrape off the sauce with a napkin, so I'm counting it as 9 points. Just means I have to watch it for the rest of the day....

Thank you so much Girlie for your encouragement with my "I want to dress feminine" complex. I'm feeling better about it with this diet thing. Just from eating better, not even losing weight, I automatically feel lighter on my feet, if you know what I mean. I don't feel so bogged down by all the heavy foods I used to eat. That's another thing--when I ate that horrible meal last night I came to this awful realization: I looked down at that plate, swarming in grease, cheese, and ranch dressing, and realized that I used to eat like that EVERY meal. I think I'm really realizing a change in my lifestyle, girls.....it feels great!!!!

~Kimberly (Keep drinking water ladies!!!!)

Last edited by CharlotteSometimes; 03-28-2001 at 10:41 PM.
Old 03-28-2001, 08:15 PM   #22  
Bacon Girlie

Default SMILEY

Kimberly: Good. I'm glad. Just remember, it's okay if you fall down, it's even better if you admit it, and it's even better yet if you get right back up.

I can understand what you mean with the whole "rewarding yourself" dilemma. I work full time too, and have classes, and it's really tough.

I have a question for you: I think you said you sort of follow WW, and do your own thing, is that correct? I'm the same way. I know most of the points in my head, and am using it as a guide. I want to be able to lose weight but not have to stick to my journal for the rest of my life.

What types of foods do you eat? If you're like me, we're both on the run all the time. Do you think you eat foods that you know are low in fat and try not to eat much? Like you said you had water and two rice cakes for breakfast. Does that actually fill you up, or do you eat it because it's quick and you know it's low in fat? Just wondering....I found that I have to eat meals that are filling...otherwise, I get hungry again really quickly and then start snacking! I am a huge chocolate fiend, and if I get in the mood for chocolate and I'm in between meals, I eat a Slim Fast bar. It totally satisfies my cravings and makes me thirsty so I drink a couple of cups of water from my mug here at my desk after I eat it. Then, I'm full and don't have to eat for a while.

Anyway, I don't know where that was going, but chill out. You're doing fine! I'm a real snacker, so I don't usually eat meals (usually one good meal a day) but I snack a lot. I keep canned fruit, pretzels and energy bars in my desk drawer, because work is where I have the hardest time controlling my eating.

Have a good night!

How is everyone doing?

Girlie
Old 03-28-2001, 08:15 PM   #23  
Groovy Canadian Chick

Default Been there...done that!

I think most of us have been there Charlotte. Sometimes its a difficult choice between what tastes good and what's good for you I've been there too many times!

You must be pleased with yourself for the changes you have made. And by noticing when you are slipping into old habits.

It's won't power...not willpower

Jodie
Old 03-28-2001, 10:54 PM   #24  
Strange Little Girl

Thanks for the help, guys!!! I'll do my best to be good when I'm off work tonight!

Girlie--I am on the go all the time. I really haven't had a chance to take full advantage of this diet just yet. Between school and work, I'm not home enough to cook for myself. I generally eat out all day long, which makes it tough, which is why I can't eat very much at all. I'll have a jamba juice (which I found out isn't that great for you) or bagel in the morning, and if I don't have time, I'll grab coffee or a juice and a banana or apple. Then I don't eat again until 1 or 2 at work. I have subway, or frozen WW/Healthy Choice meals I bring into work with me. I drink lots of water, and carry a bottle with me at all times. It really helps fill you up when you're feeling empty. Then, when I'm finally off work, I usually make some tomato soup or have another frozen meal....if I've been really good that day, I have enough points to go to Taco Bell and get a bean burrito and a side of rice, or I have a grilled chicken sandwich from some fast food place.

I'm getting ready to move out of my mother's house in the next month, and I'm really excited. I'm moving closer to my office (downtown), so I'm going to either walk or ride my bike to work everyday. I might also do that for classes, because school isn't far from downtown either. That'll be good for exercise. And I'm hoping that when I move out with my boyfriend, he'll cook me some meals to take with me to school and work. He's a great cook, and he loves to do it!!! I'll pack lunches in tupperware so I can have more variety, because I know eventually what I'm eating now will get really old and I'll start straying from the diet. I also bought a George Foreman Grill and a vegetable/rice steamer that I can't wait to use to make fresh dishes in my new apt.!!!!

Sorry this is so long, everybody.
Anyways, Girlie, if you have any ideas about eats that you'd like to share, I'd love to hear them. I'll let you know new ones when I come across them!

Until tomorrow,
~Kimberly
Old 03-28-2001, 11:12 PM   #25  
Kool Kat

Hey, everyone! Wow, the thread was a busy place today!! I'm feeling much better now... I'm at least able to keep things down!! I probably ate more than I should have, tho, because I'm still not feeling 100% when it comes to keeping stuff down. Oddly enough.. I was kinda hoping it would stay that way, because otherwise, I feel fine. That way I wouldn't have to worry about eating too much!!

ANYWAY! It's late and I have midterms tomorrow, but I just wanted to stop in and see how everyone was doing!

I hope everyone's having a gread OP day!!

Seren Dee
Old 03-29-2001, 03:10 PM   #26  
Bacon Girlie

Default Hi, Guys

You all have some really good tips.

Kim,

I don't know if I mentioned this, but I finally moved out last September and bought a house. I bought a GF grill too, and a veggie/rice steamer too...and I gained 20 pounds! It thought it would be so much easier living on my own, but it was harder for me, because along with my school, work and keeping the house and cat in order, I had no time to cook.

Lately, though, I've decided to keep junk food out of the house...when you start really grocery shopping for yourself, everything looks good in the grocery store! I do a lot of shopping in the health food store, and though it's more expensive, I don't buy meat anymore or cookies and things like that, so I figure it would even out anyway.

I think stocking up on HC or WW Smart Ones meals is a good idea. That way, if you're hungry and want a good meal, you'll always know there's something at home to eat and you won't buy any fast food (and save money).
If your apartment has an oven with a broiler, take advantage of it! I love fish, and I can just throw a piece of fish in there, along with a few stalks of asparagus, sliced carrots and squash, and in less than 15 minutes, I have a whole, healthy meal.

Seren Dee:

I'm sick too, but I don't usually have much of a problem eating when I'm sick! I suggest to make sure you do try to eat something. You said the other day that you only had rice cakes and you lost weight that day....it's good to lose weight, but it's not healthy that way. Also, you'll gain it back just like that as soon as you start eating again...
Anyway, just thought that might help.

Hope the rest of you are doing well...

I hate OJ but I'm drinking it now (pulp free)...it's so gross....

Girlie
Old 03-29-2001, 03:16 PM   #27  
Bacon Girlie

Default Oh...

For Kimberly and everyone else who's on the go..

I like Subway too....many times, I get a foot long sub. I'll eat half for lunch, and when I am off of work, I'll know I have the other half in the car. I think it's the turkey sub w/o chese that's 5 points? So a whole sub is 10...Even if I get hungry at work again, I'll nibble on the other half.

I don't know what time you're off of work, Kimberly, but I am off at 9pm every night. One habit I'm trying hard to break is eating anything after I'm off. 9pm is pretty late to be having a meal, for me. I have been going to the gym right after work, and it's almost 11pm when I get home, so naturally, I'm tired. I just shower and hit the sack and try to avoid the kitchen! At least after I work out, I know the metabolism is working and it helps me stay away from more food to waste all the exercise that just did. Living alone gets lonely sometimes, and many times, eating is the only thing to do! Just keep that in mind! I really thought it would be easier...I'm sure you'll do much better than I did!

Girlie
Old 03-29-2001, 05:03 PM   #28  
Strange Little Girl

Default Great news from Jamba Juice land...

Hey guys! I was back on track yesterday and ate right. Went out to The Ol' Spaghetti Factory with my mother, and ordered a kid's plate of spaghetti with marinara and a diet coke. I even skipped the butter and just dipped my french bread in the sauce from my pasta. So far today, I haven't eaten anything...which is bad, because I'm starving! My break is at 3:00 so I'll probably head of to Subway, and I'll think I'll follow your example, Girlie, and get a foot-long and save it for dinner!

Anyway, I don't know if you guys check out a lot of diet sites, but a friend of mine found this page for me because she knows I love Jamba Juice. I don't know how many of you go there often, but I love it. They have delicious frozen smoothies in all kinds of flavors, and they offer a free "boost" with each one. I found out that if you get the fiber boost, you knock about 1 WW point off of every drink. That was so great to hear. I also love their broccoli soup (only 3 pts.). Now I know I can go there and get a half-size jamba (12 oz.) and soup and get out of there for only 6 pts!!! That's so great. If you guys want to check out the site, it's at

http:/www.dottisweightlosszone.com

Girlie, I'm hoping I don't put on weight when I move out. Since I don't eat at home now, I don't think there will be much of getting used to feeding myself, since I do that anyhow. I never have meals at home with my mom (she usually goes out, too). So I think eating in will be fun for me. I always go online to the "Lowfat Vegetarian Archive" and SOAR and print out quick, but delicious sounding recipes that I can make when I move out! Maybe I'll start putting one up here every now and then....

Have a great OP day, all! The weather is so nice where I am, it's a great day to ride my bike (if I EVER get off work)!

~Kimberly
Old 03-29-2001, 06:51 PM   #29  
Bacon Girlie

Default Subway!

Mmm Kimberly...

You're making me hungry for Subway.....

Girlie
Old 03-29-2001, 07:00 PM   #30  
Strange Little Girl

Default one more thing...

I do have a really hard time not eating late at night...and I know that's not good. I can't help it really. I don't get off work until 10 or later most of the time, and I'm always so hungry! I never go straight to bed, I either hang out with friends or do homework or study. So I get hungry, and I can't just ignore it. Anyone have any ideas as to what I could do to stop that? I would like to try to stop eating after about 7 p.m. or so...but that's so hard when you're awake until 2 a.m.!!!

~Kim
Closed Thread