Closed Thread

Old 11-07-2003, 09:12 AM   #1  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Angry Chit Chat #16

Welcome everyone,

We are a group of ladies who support each other through all of life's ups & downs, not just weight loss.

Won't you join us?
Old 11-07-2003, 09:14 AM   #2  
One day at a time

Good morning all~

Just wanted to check in and say Hi.

Jana, that is exactly what I love about Dr. Phil-he tells it like it is. I too have been a fan since first seeing him on Oprah. I thought they were good together.

Kayecee, I am totally opposite. If I hear a noise while driving I panic and the radio goes off until I figure out what it was. WTG on your loss this week! WOOHOO!

Petra, hope your finger is better.

Marti, your DD sounds so very sweet. Kids say the sweetest things and are so very honest. My DD knows, well the whole family knows, but mostly her when I am about to reach for something I know I shouldn't be grabbing for at the grocery store she will say "Mommy, you don't need that" she said that once and thought I got mad at her. I told her why would I get mad at her when she is trying to help me, and I appreciate it. My sons do the same. I have made it a rule for me, not them but me, that I will not eat anything after dinner and one night I went into the kitchen and grabbed some graham crackers. I bit into one and my son said "I thought you weren't supposed to eat after dinner" I completely forgot and gave them to DH. But I have to agree with your DD I think you look GREAT!

Well, ladies I am off to deal with the day. I wish I could say it was good news about my car but it's $800 worth of bad. Not real bad but man the labor for this stuff is outrageous! Not something I wanted to hear at this time. I can't remember what it was though. I've got to go pick that up about noon, take DH his truck, go to the store, post office, etc. etc. and I am pooped just thinking about it all. So, I will see you ladies tomorrow.

Have a WONDERFUL day ladies! :flow:
Old 11-07-2003, 10:59 AM   #3  
Give me strength

S/C/G: 299/261/250

Good Morning Ladies
I have today off and my plans are to go get waxed,,,,lol I can almost braid my leg hairs...lol
I then want to do a bit of x-mas shopping, possibly finish up on my BIL/SIL Im going to go visit my SIL at her Pier 1,,,lol I know DANGER!!!
My cousin is coming next weekend to do hair, Im going DARK brown /almost black with red under neath. FUNKY!
Brandon joined my techy team and is doing the lighting for my play. Going well so far, great response.
Im just plain tired! One good thing thou, my clothes are gettting bigger...because Im getting smaller...lol
Anyways I need to catch up with tons of everything!...lol
ttfn
Angie
Old 11-07-2003, 04:39 PM   #4  
just call me skinny

It wasn't a bad cut - just a great excuse to take a break.
but thanks anyway!!!!!
Wish today was over - bad day at work now I'm tired and crabby talk to you all later
Old 11-07-2003, 09:48 PM   #5  

Talking Old Man's Gone Hunting!!!!

Woo Hoo!!! A weekend for me to do anything I want and a few hundred bucks to do it with! (Anybody got Antonio Banderas' phone number?) I love hunting season! The kids and I usually go to our place with Tim, but it is getting too cold for rummage sales so we stayed home this weekend. (Plus, it's the first day of gun hunt and a few more guys are going so they may get.... uh...... a teeny bit plastered. ) Tonight, I took the kids and my niece to eat pizza and ice cream. (I stayed OP with no problems! ) Then we got some video games and movies. Finished up at Wal-Mart for some trashy novels. Tomorrow, I am going to our church auction. They have a LOT of fabulous items and all kinds of gift certificates to local restaurants. I hope I score some good deals. Then we are going to go to Jonesboro and I am actually going to go to a book store and then on for some shopping. Out to eat then back to SIL to let the kids play. Whew! Y'all may not hear from me tomorrow!

Marti- I think your picture looks great! I keep looking at it and wondering why you need to lose weight! Hope your DD got some extra XOXOX!

Cristi- Hope you survived your day! $800! Ouch! We are lucky that we know a bunch of redneck mechanics that we swap favors back and forth with! Tim's hood that the horse smashed was gonna cost about $1000 because it has to be painted. A friend of ours does body work though and he looked at it and said, "Don't you dare tell anyone, but I'll do it for $150." Well, all right!!! Tim will probably do some cheap concrete labor for him later on. That's the way us rednecks do it.

Angie- WAXED?!? YOUR WHOLE LEGS?!? DOUBLE OUCH!!! I barely can stand to get my eyebrows done. As far as I am concerned- winter is coming on and I can use the extra warmth. Congrats on the loose clothes!!!

Petra- Sorry about your day! Hope you cheer up tomorrow.

Hey to everyone else! Night Y'all!
Old 11-07-2003, 11:33 PM   #6  

Height: 5'1"

Evening ladies--

Today feels like an eternity!! I'm so tired, yet not tired! Around 4:00 I was thinking,,, it's only 4:00? Now it's almost 8:30 and I'm still thinking that way. (apparently I've got up too early!!)
Took Jhanai to the dollare store, let her rummage around. They opened up a new one. This town is small, and I was surprised that they needed two?!! What's up with that?. Then I took her to blockbuster to rent some movies. We rented that "8 crazy nights" and plan on watching it later. It's wet and cold out, so and she has a cold so we wanted a snuggle night.

Kayecee-- How 'bout I post a close up of me! Then maybe you would see what I see!! I have this spare tire!! Not flattering I tell you and I have thighs from !! They stick together like velcro!! In fact, I was looking at myself in the mirror today trying to be positive and say "You look marvelous darling" and instead out came "who are you kidding?"

Angie--I have never had a wax! I think I may need one though. Facial hair starting to sprout!! Nothing like kissing something like a prickly pear!! And the hair!! Have her come my way!! I really need to camoflauge the gray!!

Petra--I'm sorry you had a bad day!! I will send good vibes for a better day tomorrow!!

Jana-Mel-Michelle-Natalie and anyone else I've missed..... I hope you all have a great weekend. Now off to post my squats......

Marti
Old 11-08-2003, 09:40 AM   #7  

Default Morning Y'all!

Decided to sneak in a quick post before the monsters.... er..... uh.... children arose! I got up early and read a little. Now I'm cooking eggs and bacon for breakfast. I can hear it now- "Mom! You forgot the toast/biscuits!" Oh well. A few less carbs won't kill them.

Marti- "8 Crazy Nights" is what the kids got! They went over to Mom's because she has a big screen tv. (Who am I to argue? ) They said it was hilarious--- then they said there was some ugly language. It was a Christmas cartoon for Pete's Sake. I hadn't even thought to check the ratings. (PG-13) Mom had gone to the other room to pay bills and things so she didn't catch it. Now I am just praying that my DD3 doesn't go to church today and repeat something. I wish they could make movies without all the language! Now look girl, if you wanna compare butts- we'll talk! My biggest problem is that I look a LOT older than I really am. I look 50ish even though I'm 36. When my best friend got married at 18, she had a picture of me sitting on her coffee table. A salesman came up one day and they were sitting there talking and he says- and I quote- "Is that your mother?" AND she's 6 months OLDER than me! I got my school pictures the other day and it was really depressing!

Well, now that I have brought myself down in the dumps, I guess I'd better go flip the bacon again. Y'all have a good Saturday!
Old 11-08-2003, 10:59 AM   #8  
just call me skinny

Yah - new day it really came.
so anyway
Kaycee you dog I wish I could get rid of mine and have time to enjoy it. My dh goes next week and I have to work every day. but I hope you enjoy your time
Cristi - sorry about the car. sucks spending that kind of money on something thats not fun
well I'm out of here, I have running around to do before I work this afternoon and It's cold here 30's but sunny
thanks for the good vibes Marti
Old 11-08-2003, 03:38 PM   #9  
One day at a time

Hi Ladies~

Funny you ladies mentioned 8 Crazy Nights~ I just heard on the radio yesterday from Movie Lady/Mom who is a critic and she warned parents about it, saying it isn't a movie she recommends for kids.

Angie, a wax?! OUCH! I have never had one either but was having my hair done when a lady was having one on her upper lip, again-OUCH! My DS 21, bought me an electric razor a few years ago for Christmas and that was the BEST gift I have ever received. I use it about every two ro three days and don't have to lather up so it is perfect. Takes about 5 minutes to do if that. Hope you had a fune day with SIL.

Kayecee, hubby is gone! Hope you enjoy your weekend! I have a little story, you are talking about looking older. I get the opposite, I actually think I look 44 what ever 44 looks like. But whenever me and my oldest son who is 23 is out people think he is my husband or boyfriend. When I took the car in the other day, the girl asked for a phone number I could be reached at and I told her but that I wouldn't be home most of the day and that my DH would be calling later. Well, Jason (DS) said give her my cell phone number. She said and who are you? He said Jason. She gave me the funniest look and pointed to DH name on the paperwork and said and this is your husband? I said yes. I know she was thinking DS was my boyfriend because of the look she gave. We get this all the time. DS looks a little older than 23 and since he was 13-I kid you not-people have thought he was my boyrfirend or DH. We went my sons soccer pizza party back when Jason was in High School, he was 15, and the kids asked DS#2-Josh if that is his dad! And the stories go on and on...it is too funny.

Marti, Isn't it funny how we see ourselves? We are so critical about ourselves because your DD is right! I think you are a beautiful lady! I saw your newest photo with your doggies and you look great!

Hi to Jana, Carree, Mel, Michelle, Kat, Skew, Bandaid and anyone else I missed. Hope you ladies are doing fine.

I am getting ready to head to the park for a 3-mile walk with DS, or should I call him DH or boyfriend?! Just kidding. DH is working and I am bored out of my mind even though I have laundry to do and some housecleaning. It is also kind of chilly outside but at least the wind isn't blowing. That makes it 100 times colder. And having this cold it may not be good but I need some fresh air sometimes. So this will be good.

Take care ladies and EVERYONE have a GREAT weekend!
Old 11-09-2003, 02:15 AM   #10  

Height: 5'1"

Hi ladies--

Sorry this is late... spent some snuggling time with DD. We watched that movie "8 Crazy Nights" and I would get up every once in awhile since I was making dinner..... the movie is DEFINATELY worth watching BEFORE you let your kids watch. I found it to be hilarious... my daughter thought it was funny too, but she didn't get most of what I was laughing at. (Thank Goodness for that!) It was after I finally settled down and really watched it that I realized that she probably shouldn't be watching it. I don't even think it should be PG-13... I probably should have read these post before we watched!!

Today was a good day. DD and I went to Wal-mart and I bought her some knee high boots. MaryKate & Ashley... Wish they had a pair in my size..... I would have bought some myself!! I also needed a new skillet... since mine went Ka-put. Teflon wore out. Not worth having. So that just gave me a great excuse to go shopping!!

Kayecee-- I sorry about the comments you got about your age.. that's never a comfortable thing. Here's my story. I remember being at my grandparents house and I answered their phone... the woman on the other end asked if I could get my mommy... I started laughing and said "Well I am the mommy...would you like to speak to the owner of the house?" The woman apologized and laughed with me. And... to this day, I get people thinking I'm in my early 20's. Sometimes that's good, sometimes its not. If I want to buy something... I'm never taken seriously and I have to look for someone to get some help. Just yesterday... I had some classmates thinking I just got out of high school. Now I don't think that I look THAT young. And James is always mistaken for being much older...He's 4 1/2yrs. younger! That I like!! So I can NEVER judge peoples ages!!

Petra-- Hope the vibes helped you out!! You're weather is like mine.. cold, rainy(sometimes) yet the sun is out!! Not looking forward to when it's raining constantly!!

Cristi--I hope you enjoyed your walk w/your DH, I mean, boyfriend.. oops... I mean your son!!

Oh yeah... Kayecee & Cristi-- I thank you for the compliments about how I look.. and I really wished that I was completley happy with the way my body is... but you know... I have parts of me that FOLD. Do you know what I mean? My tummy just hangs.. and it's not a roll.. it's almost a fold. And my butt.... it's doubled. You know, like a double chin!! So if I were to moon anyone I would show two smiling moons!! I guess, my BIGGEST issues with my body is when I don't work out... it shows. The tone goes away quickly and looks terrible. I just wish I could figure out what got in my head to make me just work on it before! I want that back!! So I'm going to go look for it.
Starting Atkins Monday.. I hope it's what's good for me.

Ok... I need to get going. You all take care
Marti
Old 11-09-2003, 10:28 AM   #11  

Default Perfect Saturday!

Well, girls I had a wonderful day yesterday! I scored big at the auction! Here's a list of my loot: a china teacup and saucer from England ($4), a brand new faucet for my bathroom sink from the store that I was going to buy it from anyway ($5- regularly priced near $30), a gift certificate for $10 worth of gas ($7), a Barbie doll house ($2), 3 brand new bracelets in the packages ($5- worth $27), a small Aromatique basket filled with samples, a candle, and matches ($2.50), a $10 gift certificate to the Hollywood Grill ($5), an $80 Home Interiors picture ($46), AND a $45 gift certificate to the Outback Steakhouse for..... drumroll.... 22 bucks! I was sooooo excited. Tim and I love the Outback and our anniversary is on the 27th so mom volunteered to keep the kids and we are gonna go on a DATE!

After the auction, I went to my SIL until 6:00 so the kids could play. Then we went to a new mexican restaurant. Then we went shopping. The kids got a couple of toys and I got 2 potpourri crockpots, potpourri, and a few new towels. I also put DH some Christmas gifts in the lay-a-way. (That way he can't sneak and find them. ) Sooo.... the perfect Saturday!

Petra- Awwww. I am sorry you're getting rid of DH for the weekend only to have to work. Don't get me wrong, I love DH but I enjoy some free time too. And y'all don't get the wrong idea. I don't normally get to blow money like that. We know one big blowout gets to come every fall, so we save for it like a vacation! I don't gripe about how he spends his share, and he doesn't gripe about how I spend my share.

Cristi- Did you enjoy your walk with your fella? DS not DH! My DH has a baby face AND I am 6 years older so I know everyone thinks he is my son!

Marti- Like I said, I don't know why they can't make cute, funny shows without all the language! My DS was watching Southpark when it first came out for a couple of weeks. Hey cartoons- no problem- right? Then I walked in while they were talking about poop or something and started cussing like sailors. I almost shot the television!!! It definitely wasn't the Barney that he had been used to! Good luck with the Atkins. Oh, and I hate Teflon. The expensive ones don't hold up very well either so I buy the cheap $5 ones at Dollar General and throw it out about once a month.

Hey has anyone tried those toning beds? You know, the ones where you lay there and it contorts your body around and stretches it. If so do they work? My pastor's wife swears by it and I found out yesterday that she goes to one in the town where I teach. I didn't even know they had one there. I may try it this week. Later y'all!

Last edited by Kayecee; 11-09-2003 at 12:27 PM.
Old 11-09-2003, 05:32 PM   #12  
One day at a time

Hi ladies~

Such a boring day for me today. I think when I get off here I will grab a good book.

Went to Mass this morning, then to lunch, came home and changed to head to the park for a walk, 3-miles. It is actually nice today. The sun is shining and the wind isn't blowing too bad. Just kind of a cool breeze.

Kayecee, WOW lady you scored at the auction! Nex time you have one give me a call! Have fun on your date with your hubby! I have seen South Park and it definitely isn't a cartoon for little ones! Sorry to say I have never used a toning bed, nor do I know anyone who has.

Marti, we are having your hodge podge soup for dinner tonight finally. You are funny isn't it funny how we describe our bodies? I feel the same way about myself but then I am a lot bigger than you, A LOT bigger!

Well, ladies I hope everyone is having a great Sunday. TTFN
Old 11-09-2003, 07:37 PM   #13  
GmaTo8

Hi ladies,

Sorry I have been MIA!

Kayecee - you first, because I HAVE to comment on your age story! I think the operative word was SALESMAN!!! No wonder he said that, hon, he was looking for a sale from your friend and was buttering her up. Couldn't that be what it was?? Also, congrats on the loot!

Marti - I just bought (and watched) finding Nemo. It was really cute, but I suppose everyone else has already seen it. I can't believe how disgusting even some of the prime time shows are. Also, I posted the Amish Chicken Noodle Soup on the recipe thread, per your request. It is very easy and very yummy.

Cristi - Hope you enjoyed Marti's soup and the walk, too.

Petra - hope you're having a really good day!

Angie - what'd ya get at Pier 1? One thing I can't live without is the marble coasters they sell. And the placemats are the best selection of anywhere, imho.

Well, I had the fam over for a spaghetti dinner Friday, just about finished up my Christmas shopping yesterday, and rested today after church. I need to clean, but refuse to do that on Sundays. Tomorrow is another day, right?

TTFN,
Jana
Old 11-10-2003, 12:12 AM   #14  
Give me strength

S/C/G: 299/261/250

Good evening everyone!

I never made it to Pier 1 or to see my SIL. Spent most of the day in a salon,,,3 to be exact! I got my nails done then next door to get my brows done then to merle normans to get my legs and other places waxed. And yes it does hurt,,,butnot as bad as it first did.
Kaycee you are like the Goddess of shopping! I a mere mortal can only dream to be like you!
Jana I heard the find nemo was cute...I love those movies,,,my fav is Shrek and have asked for the first one for christmas...lol

Hello to everyone
I need to get to sleep,,,Im yawning so much I can barely type with all the tears...lol btw I finally bought Dr. Phils book.
ttfn
Ang
Old 11-10-2003, 12:53 AM   #15  

Default Hey Y'all!

Just finished sending my Avon order over the net, so I thought I'd check in here.

Jana- Sadly, the dang salesman is not the only one over the years who has made similar comments. We went to see Finding Nemo at the theater. It was soooo adorable. It was Vallory's first real movie and she sat enthralled the entire time!

Angie- Ooooooo you sexy momma!!!! Uh... when you say other places.... uh.... did you mean... *shudder*.... a bikini wax?!? WHY? ANGIE! WHY? Please say it ain't so. Lord I can't even imagine the torture. I will definitely have nightmares tonight. Isn't that painful? I think I will stick with looking like a gorilla on rogaine- thank you very much! As for the shopping, I am afraid you shall never meet my queenliness. You should see some of the great things that I have gotten for Christmas. I have been getting 50% OFF on my Avon so some of the women I know are going to be floored by some of the gifts they get! They are gonna think I blew a bundle! *tee hee*

Well, night y'all! Gotta get up in the morning and go warp... uhh.... I meant mold those young impressionable minds!
Closed Thread