Old 12-25-2016, 05:36 AM   #91  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Evening all,
We've had our brunch and now the kids have gone out to see friends and tomorrow they are off to Cairns for 6 days. ODDU, the 2 cats and I will have a quiet time.

I wish you all a very merry Christmas and hope you have a safe, happy day with family and friends. I've attached a picture of my loved ones at my place today. My two brothers - DB1 and DB2 are on the left with DB1's wife seated beside the DB2. On the couch from the left are my great niece Savannah with her dad and her mum (my niece) next then the DB2's ex-wife and great niece Elena and on the end is my nephew Rhys and his wife Ashleigh. In the front on the floor is Jo, DS2 Simon and me with Ruger the dog and his red Christmas tie.
So there you have it. You've met the vast majority of the Australian clan. Only missing is DS1 Brendan and Michelle and Sophia.

Travel well, stay safe and have a wonderful day.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0040-1.jpg (34.5 KB, 9 views)
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2016, 10:17 AM   #92  

Height: 5'7"

Good morning friends!

I trust you all had a wonderful Christmas! We sure did. DH did a great job with my gifts, which included a new purse and a new coat.

Today we are going to my brother's house to have Christmas with them. I am excited to see my nephews.

I just got finished with a 20 min ride on my recumbent bike.

Now to make the bed and get a shower and head to Cincinnati.

Shad: you have a nice looking bunch there!

I will see everyone tomorrow
MyChoice2bfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2016, 09:50 AM   #93  

Good morning!

We had a very nice time with my brother's family yesterday. Very laid back. A lot of my time was playing with the nephews and their new race track.

Today, we are going to deep clean our bedroom and the exercise room. We also have a dinner scheduled with DH's best friend's daughter and her fiance.

She recently got engaged and is planning a wedding in March. We have known her since she was 3 yrs old. Her Dad, who was best friends with my DH's passed away very unexpectedly about 4 years ago. His daughter has asked my DH if he could help finish a very important job for his best friend in relation to her upcoming wedding--she wants DH to walk her down the isle!

We are so touched by this. We don't know her fiance very well so we are going to have dinner together and get to know him better and talk about the wedding.

Have a great day everyone. I will check in tomorrow.
Old 12-27-2016, 10:08 AM   #94  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

A quick good morning ladies,

We had a nice quiet Christmas. Nasty weather and ice moved in and everything is all glazed and slippery. I have a hair appointment and my afternoon shift at the shop. The shop is only one street down from the hair dresser so I was going to walk there afterwards so DH can have the car. I am a bit nervous about this - if I fall, I'm not sure I can get up, especially on icy sidewalks.

Will report back later as I am running late as usual and I want to pack a lunch with me.

Hope all is well with you ladies.

Great family picture there Shad!
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2016, 12:13 PM   #95  

Morning all. Back to work today. I’m glad it’s a short work week.

Susie - Glad you enjoyed your time yesterday with your brother and his family. – What an honor for your dh to walk his best friend’s daughter down the aisle! Enjoy the lunch with her and her fiancé.

Shad – Nice pic of the family. How nice you’ll have a long stretch of time alone with just you and the furries around the house. == So the Karcher is a power washer – did ODDU chew up the hose to it??

Ceejay – Nice photos of you and the family on FB. Looks like it was a nice gathering.

Happy – Wow, that’s a big grocery bill! And now you have a lot of eggs…what have you been using them for? -- I’d forgotten that the doc said the foot rx would still be working after I finished taking it, and it has felt better the last couple days. -- The tree topper we used is a pretty gold metallic star studded with colored stones. I like it a lot, but it can be challenging to get it securely on the tree, and get it straight to boot. == Be safe when you’re out and about today on those slippery surfaces!!

==
We had a nice holiday weekend, though busy. On Saturday night, bf ended up coming right back home after dropping off our mom’s since it was getting late. He thought his friend’s family gathering might be breaking up by the time he arrived, and he was also tired out after hosting our moms. BTW, they got along great, but of course 95% of the talk was about medical stuff and medical insurance – par for the course for people their age, LOL.

On Sunday I made a couple different types of cookies (thumbprints and almond crescents), and then we went over to my SIL’s house for dinner. It was wonderful. And her new kitchen/dining area is just beautiful. Her cabinetry is an antique white color, and the counters are a gorgeous quartz in a lighter shade, with a lot of variations in pattern, much like granite, but none of the maintenance of it.

Yesterday I met a friend for lunch and a movie. We saw “La La Land”. I liked it well enough, but I’m not sure if it’s one of the best movies of the year that it’s being hyped as by critics. There was one scene that was really reminiscent of the Fred Astaire/Ginger Rogers dance routines and I really enjoyed that because I love those Fred & Ginger movies. I thought Ryan Gosling and Emma Stone were very good in their roles in spite of not being professional singers or dancers – certainly not embarrassingly bad like Pierce Brosnan in “Mama Mia”.

Today I have my follow-up with the podiatrist after work. My foot “suddenly” seemed much better on Sunday – even after standing at the counter for a few hours making the cookies the other day. Still sore, but I hope it continues to get better.

Okay, that’s it for me. TTFN.
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2016, 04:37 AM   #96  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Hi all,
I've eaten something that disagreed with me so today has been a wash out. It's still rumbling on but since I slept so badly last night, I will be off to bed very soon to try for a decent sleep tonight.

I've read the posts but I don't have the energy to reply at the moment. Back tomorrow
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2016, 09:16 AM   #97  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Hi Ho, Hi Ho, back to work I go/went. Was nice being off. Christmas was ok. The kids were the funniest ever. Best statement by Royce who opened a gift which was sweat pants, "Pants, that's not fair". Bout blew my coffee on that one. The boys got more than enough gifts, probably enough for 6 more kids. Time to go through all their toys, AGAIN, and ditch more to charity. Will have to be done while they are not home. Christmas dinner with the fam was great at our house. Made ham, gbeans, mac n cheese (homemade kind), corn, Asian salad, choc pie and pecan pie. SIL brought mashed potatos, pineapple cake, chocolate cake and pumpkin cream cheese thingys. All so tasty and I don't need to eat for another 3 days. I got a pair of socks that say, Ho HO Ho as a joke. I sign everything A. Hoh. Hoh is short for my last name. bah

We are still going to my nephews for NYE seafood fest. I am so excited as I love seafood. Peel and eat shrimp, crab legs, baked salmon are just a few of the items. I think I may make a seafood cheese ball and a few other things. May take a cheese tray as Aldi's has cheese at a very decent price. Crackers too. We have reserved a hotel just a few miles north of my nephew's. Don't want to drive very far with all the crazy drunk drivers out there. I will probably over eat but hey, seafood is not bad on calories but the cheese is another story!

I went to my supposedly last ankle appt, nope have to go back in May. Told him I am having horrible cramping in my legs/ankle/foot, plus my big toe on that ankle/foot is very tingly. My potassium level checks out fine. Doc said it was not due to potassium. It is due to the nerve down my leg into may ankle across my foot into my toe. Doc wrote a script to help that nerve heal, unfortunatly, it will make me drowsy/sleepy. Take before bed time. Yikes, just when I am getting a bit of energy back. Will take it a bit earlier tonight as I was so sleepy this morning I brushed my teeth and took a shower with my eyes closed. First time for that in very long time. Also wrote a script for a "compound" cream to massage into that ankle and foot. It comes from BioMed specialty pharmacy, has to be compounded then they mail it to you. I don't know the compound.

SHADDIE...enjoy your quiet time with Sunday and ODDU. Your family picture is very nice.

HAPPY...good to hear Meadow is not in such danger. How are you holding up? Pain level?

Posting this and will come right back and finish. This computer is jerking around and afraid I will lose what I have.
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2016, 09:22 AM   #98  
Annie - Indiana

Oh on the ankle, the fusion is complete just will continue to heal for another 4 or 5 months. Doc said the swelling should all but be gone by then too. We will see. Hoping to get back to my leg/ankle modeling career that has been on hold. bahahahhaha.

LAURA...busy times. Exhaustion is always there when hosting an occasion. That was how I felt too. Glad your foot is feeling better. Your cookies sound yummy.

SUSIE...you nephew telling you about your gifts and thoughtfulness melted my heart. HOpe everything was good at work when you returned. Pretty calm upon my arrival to work. Good job being 6 down rather than 6 up on the WL scheme of things. Whew who.

Must get busy, clean up this desk of stuff and get on with it.

Cheers to 2017, as 2016 pretty much s*cked for me!

Hugs all
Old 12-28-2016, 12:42 PM   #99  

Morning all.

Shad
Hope you’re feeling better now and have caught up on your sleep.

Annie
Your NYE plans sound wonderful and delicious. I think bf & I’ll be spending NYE at home and not have any (or many, at least) people over. I’d really like to just get a few dvd’s from the library and watch a movie. We had something - or multiple somethings - going on the past three weekends and I’d like this to be a “no plans” weekend. == LOL re Royce’s comment. I’ve always laughed when the clothing gifts are opened and quickly discarded by the kids in search of the GOOD gifts, LOL. The Ho ho ho socks are perfect for you Mrs. Hoh. == Guess you really need another ankle doc appointment since you’re still dealing with issues. I hope the scripts work out those last problems and that the healing continues to go well. == Agree with you – let’s all have a fab 2017!!

Hellos to Happy, Ceejay & Susie.
==
Went to my foot doc appointment last night. Another med to take for a bit – an arthritis one. Hope it wipes out the rest of the soreness/inflammation.

Other than that, nothing special to report. The scale still shows me down 4 pounds since the November mom move, and if it doesn’t move between now and the 31st, I will also be down 4 pounds for the entire year. Whoop-ti-doo. Better than being up 4 pounds.

No plans tonight, but I might do a load of laundry and get myself registered for the Pilates class starting next week at the recplex. I’ll take the Wednesday class this time around since the Pilates classes I did earlier in the year were a bear for me just because they fell on a Monday.

Okay, off to post.
Old 12-28-2016, 02:52 PM   #100  
Choose your hard

Hi all,

Try to get a proper post in here. I am stuck between a rock and a hard spot. Either I toss and turn all night or I take the Motrin PM which knocks me out but I want to sleep 12 hours and wake up groggy at 11am which blows the day away.

Got my hair done yesterday. She barely trimmed it (at my request). Want to see if I want to grow it a bit longer than just below the ear. It's almost to my shoulders now but I'm not sure I'm liking it much. Now that my real hair texture is gray and lifeless, it's very hard to style.

The whole town is an ice rink from Christmas' ice storm and rain. I felt bad - the hair salon is literally one street over from the thrift shop yet I had to call DH to come from home (4 miles) to pick me up at the salon and drive me one street) to the thrift shop. People are actually strapping on ice skates and skating the streets of town. Our thrift shop parking lot is an ice skaters dream. We chipped the ice away at our entrances but that's about it. There are huge stretches of ice all along town hence DH having to drive me. He skated his way across the parking lot to pick up our garbage bin from Monday's pick up. Still in spite of the weather, we made $300 in sales - not bad for an otherwise yuckky day. I am glad I don't have anything else scheduled for the rest of the week to Sunday except for possibly bingo Thursday night.

Laura - I hope this latest rx fixes the last of the foot pain. It sure does seem to linger. I agree with you about getting some movies and staying on on New Year's. After our 20's DH was never keen on going out anyway. There are a couple of things in town - our favorite Italian restaurant is doing a special meal, the wine place is kicking off their new fondue taste and drink service and the steakhouse is having a special NYE dinner with music after 9pm but we will stay home instead, unless we do an early dinner out. You have been doing alot of running around, sometimes it's nice to stay home with the comfy pjs and just snuggle. Good for you - congrats on ending the year pounds down. And good work for keeping up with the exercise. You asked what I did with the extra eggs - I put alot in the potato salad and hard cooked a bunch to use in tuna salad, egg salad and deviled eggs. There is also a childhood favorite of hard cooked eggs in a bechamel sauce over toast that my Mom learned in home ec in high school that was one of our meatless Lenten Friday meals and cheap too but it's a long standing favorite. I was disappointed that the very pricey eggs I got from a second farmer's market - 3 of them were floaters and 2 cracked while cooking so I'm going to say something the next time I see L at the market. I don't mind losing one but 1/3 of the dozen is a bit much there. Yum on the Christmas cookies - 2 of my all time favorites. What flavor did you put in the thumbprints? I had to laugh about your comment with Mom and BF's mom talking about ailments. My sister texted me on Christmas - Mom and Sis' FIL were debating - glaucoma vs macular degeneration - which is worse? LOL And then they moved on to teeth. Lord take me before I get to that point where that's my topic of conversation I was thinking about going to the movies but when I looked up the reviews on Collateral Beauty and Passengers - they were both rated low on Rotten Tomatoes. I would go see Sing but DH is not into animated films. I was going to watch Magnificent Seven which friends said was a good old fashioned western but then I saw it's a bloody shoot 'em up and that's not my style of movie. I told DH - no dying stuff over the Christmas holidays!

Anne - how exciting that you can resume your foot modelling come spring time - just in time for those cute Easter shoes I have a whole new respect for bone healing now. Interesting just how many people are saying that 2016 was a bad year in all. It wasn't the best for me but considering that I have friends who lost loved ones, found out their partner has serious cancer, lost jobs and had money woes or were just becoming more isolated through pain and loneliness, I decided that over all it wasn't so bad. For me. Still I hold out hope for a better 2017. And I am fortunate - 2019 was my retirement date originally - geez that once seemed so far away - and I have been retired for 5 years now, so I am fortunate and blessed to be able to do this early and enjoy my life. LOL on Royce's commentary on presents I thought that an argyle sweater and matching knee socks would be the bomb present when I was a kid. DH used to complain when he got clothes as a present too. Your dinner sounded divine. Lots to pick from and enjoy as leftovers. I too would be excited about your NYE seafood feast. Yum, yum, YUM. Sorry you are getting comatose from your new meds. I hope the new compound rub helps you alot. As to your question about pain - for me it's day to day. Sometimes it's the new knee, sometimes it's the arthritis. I realize I need to move more in a mindful way and just accept that I will probably never feel hot diggity dog ever again Just move on girl, be glad you can walk, even if it's slower.

Shad - hope you rest up and feel better. Glad you had a nice Christmas brunch with the family for all the work you put into it. Now put the pots and platters away until the next year.

Susie - what a touching story about DH being asked to walk the daughter down the aisle. Very sweet! Sounds like you have a very busy schedule even on your holiday. But at least it's filled with fun things. And you even worked in a bit of cleaning - good for you! Enjoy the rest of your time off.

Ceejay - did you miss the uncles this holiday? Looks like you had a wonderful time with your sister and family from the Facebook photos.

Well I have again blown a good part of the day. Going to look for some lunch and then do some cleaning and organizing before the evening hits. Have a good day all and enjoy your holiday if you are lucky to have time off.
Old 12-29-2016, 08:04 AM   #101  
Annie - Indiana

Good Morning/Evening All...

Today is my Friday. Monday is our NYs company holiday, 4 days off. Yeeehaaa. Tomorrow we are taking the boys to the Murat Theater to see Paw Patrol Live<---kids cartoons. Hopefully they will be jazzed about it. Ha ha on Christmas morning. They both just walked slowly into the living room, looked around and wanted to know where Santa was. Hmmmm, misconception of some sort. They didn't get excited till about half way thru their presents, plus they slept in til 9 am. Weird little kids. lol.

Last night was leftover ham and beans soup. Fresh cornbread. I added green onions to the cornbread batter and cheese on top. Yum. C was not all that excited about dinner as the beans gave him gas so bad he about stunk me out of bed. Same thing last night. Needless to say, I was not all that quiet about it either...lol.

HAPPY....cheers to a better 2017 for all of us! I wonder if it does get better the older we get?? Are we destine to talk about eyes and teeth? Ice on the streets, parking lots and sidewalks can be so dangerous. My cousin years ago, got out of the car at curbside drop off at the airport, slipped on the street ice, hit her head on the curb and died from it after being in a coma for a week. Be careful girl with all the wobbling around the both of us do. Hair, oy. I try to grow mine out then suffer thru the agony of it all and end up cutting it off. Bleh.

LAURA...yeee, hope the new meds help your foot pain. Great job on being 4 lbs down. Better than being 4 pounds up. Staying home on NYE sounds awesome, if it weren't for the seafood I might have taken that path. Love me some seafood. Oh visiting family is a plus. haha.

Hello to all!

HAPPY 2017, goodbye @)!^/2016.

Love, Hugs and Prayers.
Old 12-29-2016, 08:41 AM   #102  
Annie - Indiana

For those who asked, the medication for the nerve thing is called Gabapentin (300 mg). It is also used for a seizure med.

Gabapentin is an anti-epileptic medication, also called an anticonvulsant. It affects chemicals and nerves in the body that are involved in the cause of seizures and some types of pain. Gabapentin is used in adults to treat nerve pain caused by herpes virus or shingles (herpes zoster) Not a narcotic.

All the meds I am on, my body is probably freaking out. Hello Carrie and Debbie!
Old 12-29-2016, 11:56 AM   #103  

Morning all.

Annie – It’s my Friday too, and I’ll have a 4-day weekend also. We also had leftover ham for dinner yesterday! Yum. I hope both you and C learned your lessons -no more beans for C!!! == LOL, you’re right, it is odd that the boys slept in on Christmas morning!! They must have stayed up very late waiting for Santa. == My Coal was on Gabapentin as another way of treating his arthritic hips in addition to the anti-inflammatories he took. He's been gone five months now. Still miss him terribly. Anyway, I hope that drug takes away your tingly feelings. – Safe travels my friend, and enjoy your NYE celebration!!

Happy – Be very careful on the icy surfaces! I strongly recommend wearing those thingies that fit onto the soles of your shoes that give you traction – there’s many brands/types out there to choose from. They will not go to waste up in your neck of the woods! Even when you get a ride right to the door, there’s always some steps to take and they could be icy – Annie’s cousin is an example. She got dropped off at a spot at the airport with probably the least amount of outside walking required and still took a fatal fall. – That’s a lot of salads with the eggs!! What, no frittatas or omelets? == For my thumbprint cooies, we used seedless raspberry jam for filling the indentation. == The elderly discussing their ailments is a universal thing, no doubt about it. == Re movies – I use the app/site IMDB a LOT. They have a metascore that’s an accumulation of critic reviews and both of the movies you mentioned had very low scores – 41 for Passengers and 24 for Collateral Beauty. Compared to a score of 93 for La La Land. As for something else lighthearted/comedic, I saw the trailer for the movie “Why Him” and it looked funny, but the metascore is only 38, so I guess I’ll wait until it’s released on dvd before I see that one.

Ceejay – Love those photos you’ve posted on FB! You look like you were all having a wonderful time.

==

I didn’t do anything last night except dinner and tv and reading. Lazy Laura, that’s me.

It’s my Friday today, so I’m looking forward to a 4-day weekend. Tomorrow morning is my mammogram appointment, oh the fun. But then the rest of the day is mine. Wait, I take that back. I’ll probably spend some time at mom’s. Bf is going to re-install some closet doors for her. The previous owner of her unit had removed the set of bifold doors and the shelves from a small-ish hallway closet and used it as a place to park her electric scooter thingy. Mom definitely needs the storage space, so the doors & shelves need to be reinstalled. Bf bought a new track and installation kit, so hopefully he can get this done without too much trouble. I’ll help with whatever he needs help with.

But before that, I’ll probably stop at the thrift shop on my way home from the mammo. On the last day of each month, they have a half-off sale for all items over $1.00, and this month they’re having the sale on both the 30th and 31st. Oh, I should bag some of the donation items sitting in the closet and drop those off when I go to the shop.

For NYE, bf invited a couple of his friends over to the house and they’ll hang out, play pool, etc. I’ll get over to the library for some movies and probably spend the night watching those. That’s all I have planned for the weekend. I’m in dire need of some new clothes and, as usual, a new set of earbuds, so I’ll probably end up doing some shopping.

That’s it for me, so I’ll get this posted.
Old 12-29-2016, 02:39 PM   #104  
Choose your hard

Howdy ladies,

In a show of sisterly solidarity - we also had left over ham and potato salad for dinner last night Actually I was planning on Italian beef sandwiches and I had kept the cooler of food in the 3 season room after it was delivered. When I pulled out the stuff to warm, I was rather shocked that it was still frozen solid. DH was starving so we just went to the easy to fix ham and potato salad.

Yesterday I spent the better part of the evening going through some paper piles that I had been building on and ignoring for quite a while. I am determined in this new year to get rid of alot of clutter. And I am asking myself - WHY am I keeping this???? While sorting, I also read a bunch of catalogs and back issues of news papers so that I could pack, toss and get rid of as much as possible. I also reminded myself that there is no need to buy 3 sets of colored pens because I have not been using my coloring books and they dry out easily if not used. I am also tossing about in my head - no real plan yet - what to do with my kitchen cabinets. They are small and narrow - most homes up this way unless you have a fancy, expensive house - are built with useless small galley kitchens. I have pots and pans and dishes of course, 2 drawers for cutlery and utensils. The other 4 cabinets I have food in but they are very awkward to see things in - even using lazy susan trays in them so I put stuff in and then tend not to use the food in them because I can't see them. I'd actually be better off ripping them all out and putting in shelves instead - would be more practical but wouldn't look very good aesthetically I think. I don't have any plans for anything outside of the house until next Monday. How nice. Except for bingo tonight but I don't actually HAVE to go do that.

Still not sleeping. Last night I skipped the Motrin PM (my sister is warning me of the dangers of Benedryl and dementia) and I tried to sleep in my bed instead of the recliner. I went to bed tired at 1:45am. Tossed and turned until DH started making loud noises with his CPAP at 4am. I went to the recliner but it was well after 5am before I fell asleep and woke up at 10:45am. I just can't seem to get comfortable in my bed. Tried lifting the head up, lifting the feet up. Nothing. I fall asleep for 10 or 15 minutes and wake right up again. It is super annoying and I hate sleeping in so late as it ruins the day for me. Going to pick up some melatonin. And some wine although I don't want to mix the oxycodone and wine although it's low doses of both. Today my legs are ok - mild discomfort but very tolerable. Pain seems to be tied with incoming weather and storms. I am ready to be over this already so focusing on mind over matter

Annie - hubby was on gabapentin. Not sure it did anything for him though. Hope it works for you. OMG - that is such a tragic story about your cousin slipping and falling I would chalk that up to one of those "when it's your time... " types of incidents. But still - you are right - falling can be a very life changing thing. DH at least went and got some salt and put it in a walkway path along the deck and down the stairs which I was grateful for. He said I am too paranoid about falling and it makes me change my entire stance. Yes, this is true - I walk like a very old lady and reminded him that when his back hurts - he avoids doing something to injure it AND if I fell down he would remind me that he cannot lift me to pick me up so I have to watch for myself. This new deck we have is very pretty BUT the oil stain we selected is much slicker than a typical wood stain so water beads on it and you have slick spots. Also he opted for a wide "drink rail" on the entire railing and that is also slippery and difficult for me to grab on and hold as I am on the stairs. Looks nice but totally impractical for old people. And he gets piszzzy if I say anything. So I just go slowly. Do you also have issues with trying to protect your foot? As for the kids and Santa, right before Christmas I saw an ad of Facebook where you take a picture of your living room and you can superimpose a picture of Santa on it to show the kids that Santa really was there. I googled and there are a couple of aps for that. Glad to hear they liked their stuff - except for the clothes of course ! Enjoy your seafood bonanza - you got me thinking I need to go through my freezer. I know I have scallops for sure in there. DH would be happy with a steak and maybe some cold shrimp. Enjoy your long weekend. Guess life's a gas when you add beans to the mix

Laura - I am familiar with IMDB - use it for synopsis of movies, didn't think about using it for movie reviews. Thanks for the suggestion. I'm sorry you are still missing Coal - I'm sure he will always be in your heart. That's nice that BF is going to re-make your Mom's closet. For sure she could use the storage space and I'm sure she will appreciate it. Living in a place like that forces you to live minimally. I'm not sure how we ever managed to live in a one bedroom apartment when we got married... Funny you mention frittatas. I was thinking of just that as I have a box of mushrooms to use up and I like quiches and frittatas and DH does not. Thinking ahead to the new year - I am going to try an incorporate low carbing - one of my biggest problems is that I don't plan and then I'm ravenous and don't eat right. Frittatas are perfect for incorporating veggies, protein and something you can easily grab and warm up quickly. Thank you for the second suggestion! Hope you find something fun at the thrift shop. We tried doing sales but that doesn't seem to attract any more people in. Although we have Christmas at 75% off and that is doing well. We also notice people "sneaking" in donations of Christmas stuff as they clean up after the holidays. At some point we may refuse to take Christmas stuff altogether. I did snag a tiara and 2 noisemakers for this New Year's "bonanza celebration" which involves us sitting around in our fleece and me trying to keep DH awake until midnight. *waves pointer finger in the air in circles*

Ceejay - I agree with Laura - looks like you are very happy and enjoying your life in MO.

Happy New Year to the rest of the chicks. Hope you are all enjoying a bit of quite relaxation before we get up and do it all again come Tuesday.
Old 12-30-2016, 12:15 AM   #105  

Hi Everyone. Yesterday was full with getting my hair done, (cut and color, same style)

We also returned two shirts that I bought for DH and they were a slimmer cut in his regular size. I didn't realize that they were slim cut. We got the same shirts in regular fit.

Today we drove to Cleveland and just got back from the Caves game about 40 min ago. DH LOVED it and I did too.

We used Uber for the first time and that was fun and easy! Two rides cost us about $14 total, much cheaper then parking and dealing with traffic in our own car and not knowing where we were going downtown

I don't go back to work until Tuesday!

Laura, you can do it! Keep those 4 lbs off for a loss this year.

Annie: I hope the meds help with the nerve pain. Your grandbabies are so funny!

Happy: I am not afraid of snow at all...but ice is a whole different story! Especially on a deck!!

Ceejay, I too have been enjoying the pictues on Facebook that you have been posting.

Hi to Shad!

I need to get to sleep.