Old 03-18-2016, 11:31 AM   #31  
Thin Within

Talking Another Day

GOOD DAY IN MARCH MAGNOLIAS

I am so lonesome it is hard to get through this. unexpected event that was so powerful on my life. I certainly hope that none of you have this ahead of you in the future. I am just so blessed to have these folks around me helping me but they all have to live their lives also and can’t be with me all of the time. Those times when I don’t have anyone near are hard to bare with no one here except Beanie my dog who misses Will also. I want this all to be over with so much for it is so hard to get through it. So very hard.

Not being a bit prepared for this event I am left in quite a quandary. I know I can stay here forever and I also I could stay with a relative out in CA forever also. I could easily just pack all my clothes in my car along with a few other precious things and drive to CA. But staying here has its good points for the folks here said that when I reached an age and couldn’t deal with myself in this MH then they would be very happy to give me a bedroom in their house and watch after me the rest of my life. Right now that sure sounds like the best for me to do especially since she is an RN.

I am getting my mail box changed over to my hosts address for he picks up the mail daily and suggested I do that to get my stuff they send to my old address before we moved here. Our next door neighbor was collecting our mail for us in KS and forwarding it all in a large envelope. All these things that need to be taken care of sure pile up but thankfully for the support I have it isn’t, hopefully, going to totally overwhelm me.

Last edited by Maggie; 03-18-2016 at 11:33 AM.
Maggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2016, 04:23 PM   #32  

Good Afternoon! We started the day with sunshine, cold, and wind! It was 22 degrees when I came downstairs this morning. The sun disappeared and the weatherman said, "a chance of rain, snow, or a mix" on the noon news. I made my card club food list and headed to the grocery store first thing this morning. Prices sure have gone up! This afternoon I picked up the gift shop money and have that deposit ready for Monday. That's one less thing on my "to do" list when I get home from church counting.

"Gma," the generator sits outside and is hooked to the natural gas and electrical box. It will do a test run once a week and if/when we lose electricity it will kick in and provide electricity to the sump pumps. There are different kinds of generators: water and battery operated were the other two options. We decided on gas because if we aren't home most likely the gas is still working. Water is our concern if the pumps quit running as we will have a flooded basement in no time. A battery one was not big enough nor could we always be sure the battery was fully charged or would last long enough. We bought a big enough generator that we can have lights and the tv but probably not the oven, dryer, or air conditioner for an extended length of time. I hope we never need it but I couldn't handle hauling water, with a bucket, outside if Bob wasn't home, and he couldn't do it for a very long period of time either. Be careful on the step stool! Have fun knitting again.

Maggie, you have a lot of decisions to make. Just take one day at a time. It's nice that you have close friends nearby to help you. I'm sure Beanie senses your sadness.

I need to put my gift shop books away and double check my supplies so I can start fixing card club food over the weekend. I hope you all have the sun shining down on you!
Jean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2016, 06:45 AM   #33  

this thread is closed. Please go to #5
gma22 is offline   Reply With Quote