Old 06-17-2014, 03:22 PM   #31  

Good Afternoon! The sun is shining and it's very humid. I finally turned the air on. Ian's game was a rain out last night and won't be made up. We are bummed as we only made it to one game; that was because of weather and too many late games this year. Play offs begin next week, and we will be going. His team didn't do very well so may have only one game. I went to get my nails done, then stopped at the card/gift shop and WM on the way home. There was a fire at the "no tell motel" last night. The police go there on a regular basis to arrest prostitutes and druggies. In driving by I don't think anyone will be staying there any time soon. We were very lucky last night, just wind and heavy rain -- no damage except a few twigs and leaves. I have a trickle in the basement but Bob's new trench along the garage helped keep the water off the patio. He was out in it last night, checking, and said he couldn't believe how much water comes down from our huge maple trees. Bob left early this morning to check on the cabin and boat. Again we were very lucky as there was lots of damage around the area but we were fine. I'm going microwave shopping later this afternoon. Supposedly the cupboard is being worked on when Bob stopped to check on it yesterday. I didn't realize how much we really use the microwave until we didn't have it.

Maggie, I find eating out to be a challenge when I'm trying to lose weight. I don't plan ahead very well and we tend to do too many DQ treats after games. You will find your focus and get back in control! My mom had very hard nails but she didn't share with me.

"Gma," Jack has done so well in his weight loss effort! You too! It's too bad your relatives have such a fast trip planned, so you can't spend more time together. Your supper menu sounds good. I think we will grill chicken, or I should say Bob will grill. I need to go to the grocery store and stock up on fruit and veggies. I can't imagine how awful it would be to lose everything. Beth said the sirens went off four times last night. The last time the TV had them pictured in red so they headed to the basement. They got some water in their basement but no damage otherwise. Jason had a river in the back yard and curb to curb water in front, but no damage. Their house is high so don't think they would get water.

I need to change laundry loads and check the water puddle. Hope you all are enjoying a terrific Tuesday!
Jean is offline   Reply With Quote