Old 01-28-2014, 09:42 PM   #211  

Height: 5'7"

Hello.

DH's doctor visit went pretty well. There is a small amount of microscopic blood in the urine. You cant see it, unless under the microscope and he said it was just a wee bit.

He told us to not worry--he wasn't worried but he has an obligation to make sure that it isn't the 1% of something that should be looked at...so..DH has a ultrasound of the kidneys on Friday and then the scope of the bladder on Monday.

Those of you praying...please keep praying and those of you thinking and wishing good thoughts...please continue.

The annoucement at work was that they are thinking of moving to us to another site in Cincinnati and they are doing a site study and will be talking with us to see what we think and what we need in a site and so on. I have heard that they might put us in the area where I first worked which would shorten my drive time by 20 min each way everyday...I'm voting for that! We will know the decision in the fall.
I had my blood work done this morning and will have those results tomorrow. My blood pressure was good 120/78.

As you all can see I haven't been on MFP...thanks Annie for telling me to get back on track...I needed that command!

Laura: That cruise is almost here! I can't wait to hear about it when you get back.

Michelle: I hope the pap comes back good....3 yrs..that would be a nice break from that test!

Ceejay: Sounds like something is up with your trainee and what he was told and what he thinks. I hate when that happens and you are the one who knows it.

Shad: Beautiful view you have there.

Happy: I couldn't even go out of the house if I had the temps that you have! Did you close the shop? Sorry to hear that DH is feeling a bit of buyers remorse.,,,eventually the new car decision will feel right.

I'm heading to bed, I am tired and tomorrow will be a long day
MyChoice2bfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 11:20 AM   #212  

Totally lost a complete post a short time ago. Not going to re-write it. Went to see "Wolf of Wall Street" last night. I liked it, but Michelle, you heard right - chock full of foul language, sex and drugs - over and over. Didn't need to be three hours just to show all that again and again. But it was entertaining and actually didn't feel as long as it was. DiCaprio was good, as usual. So was Jonah Hill, but still not sure his role is Oscar-worthy.

Skipped my challenges last night, today is a rest day on the schedule. I will make up last night tonight.

Lost 0.8 at my WW weigh-in. I'll take it. I'm eating poorly, letting the weather make me feel sorry for myself.

Okay, back to work. Happy Hump Day to all. It's my Thursday!!
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 11:26 AM   #213  

Okay, I'm officially losing my mind. I wrote my post in Word and copied and pasted it and then lost it. Forgot I had it in Word til I just saw it now. Duh. Here's some personals:

Michelle – Hope the pap comes back clear and you don’t have to do another for three years. Your timing was fabulous, getting yourself out of the cold Midwest and not having to deal with this horrible winter. You’ve got to be soooo happy not to be here!!

Ceejay – LOL re your water view in the plant. Interesting what you hear the new guy was hired to do vs. what he believes he was hired to do…wonder what will come of that.

Shad – Thanks for the photo info – It’s not just buildings or architecture, it’s history. Nice views of the water too. Good move for you. Re the trains – no problems last night going home, or this morning, so I’m thankful for that. Let’s see, big city without public transport…that would be Los Angeles I believe. Are you supposed to run your car on premium fuel and you used regular? Huh. Hope it’s not a big deal.

Susie – glad the doc appointment went well, and I’ll keep praying the other tests go well too. Hope your blood work results come back good too!! Interesting news about a new site for your group. It sure would be nice to cut time off your daily commute!! When our office moved almost six years ago, they also asked for our input. We’re still close to the train stations and other mass transit, but it sure was nice in our other space when I was only a block away from my train station.

Hi Annie! Hi Happy!
Old 01-29-2014, 11:45 AM   #214  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Hi ladies,

Just a quick post today...lots of code debugging to get done. I woke up with my tummy feeling a little queasy...hopefully that will go away as the day goes on. I don't have any big plans for the evening other than maybe starting on the video for my friend's birthday.

=========================

Shad - The building I was referring to is the grey Parliament building. Very nice old architecture...as is the brick and sandstone building.

Ceejay - I hope the training goes well today.

Susie - I'm glad the doctor isn't worried about your little bit of blood in the urine. Good that he's still having further tests just to be sure. I'll definitely still be sending prayers and good thoughts. I hope that your work will be moving closer. There's been mention that my company may be moving, and I've asked where (hoping it wasn't very far north or east), and the place they're considering is roughly 5 minutes away. Nearly everyone who works here has a "reverse commute", which means that we are pretty much all driving in the opposite direction of the really bad commute traffic...and we'd all like to keep it that way (including the president and CEo).

Happy - Did you end up closing the shop early yesterday?

Laura - I'm glad you liked "Wolf". Thanks for confirming what I'd heard. I'll wait for the DVD. Congrats on the weight loss! You're getting that much closer to goal!! Make sure you walk a lot on your cruise and enjoy the fruits and veggies. I think I might do a stair challenge...and if there isn't one online, I'll make one up. My work is on the second floor, and we have stairs in my house. I'll just gradually increase my steps.

I was going to walk during my lunch break yesterday, but I ended up not taking a break. Perhaps today if the drizzle lets up. Yes, ladies, it's RAINING in CA! Actaully it's been a light drizzle since around 7:30 last night (I know the time because that's when I was walking the dog). It's not enough to need an umbrella, but it's supposed to continue through Friday morning. We're hoping for rain here as they're starting to talk about water conservation. As long as it doesn't rain so hard that Santa refuses to go out, I'll be happy.

So much for a quick post...gotta sign off for now.

Much love and many hugs,
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 12:39 PM   #215  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Morning all,

Still cool but sunny out. Not as frigid as yesterday. I went into the shop for most of the day. Worked on books but I'm noticing that when I bend down to the lowest shelves my head gets dizzy - I am nervous about the vertigo coming back again. Since I came there at 10 and worked the whole day, when DH stopped by after his doctor's appointment, I decided to close the shop an hour early. It was dead quiet in town anyway although I did sell $40 worth of framed artwork to a lady who came in and said she was a big supporter of the animals. I thanked her for making it worthwhile for me to open the store

As for my old 4Runner, I don't know what they got for it, just know they adjusted the price down $100 from the original listing which says to me it was a minor repair all along (broken seal as we suspected, not a cracked engine block). The car was listed for sale at the dealer website a week ago and now it's listed as sold. I'm thinking they got at least and possibly a bit better price than the Kelly Blue Book listing (the defacto standard for pricing). I'm not fretting over it - we might have gotten a $1,000 more for it if we dug our heels in but then again would they have socked us a lot more for the repair, how long would the car have held up? All unknowns. I think the worst part is accepting that the darn cars cost so much money.

Michelle - sorry you are feeling quesy - hope it passes. Sometimes my morning coffee on an empty tummy does that. Go outside, take a deep breath in, relish the thought that your nostils are not freezing like the rest of us and try to imagine how good that warmer air feels on you. Glad to hear you are getting a little moisture in the air although it sounds like you really need a good rain shower. As for the pap smear, my doc was telling me they are developing a new one and if so, if you don't have any risk factors, you only need it once every 5 years Won't that be nice?

Laura - thanks for the review on Wolf of Wall Street. Reminds me of Goodfellas (a movie I never saw because of what I heard about it). DiCaprio is a great actor - I can see adding a little color to a movie but it sounds like they way "overseasoned it". Will be on the no list for me. I was going to watch Captain Phillips on PPV but was reading comments and they were talking about how they interviewed some of the real shipmates and they said the real captain was an *S*O*B* and the movie took dramatic liberties with what really went down. I don't know if I really care about that enough to matter though. That's funny (but a good thing) that you forgot you had started a post in Word.

Susie - glad so far it's looking good for your DH. Let's hope it stays that way I found a cookbook at the Thrift Shop yesterday - published in 1932 by P&G featuring Crisco shortening (I guess they invented the stuff). It's old, musty and the pages are falling out of the binding but it's fun to look at. Wouldn't that be nice if they moved your offices such that you had a shorter commute? Usually it works the other way around - they are looking for cheaper office space and rent in the ghetto where you feel you need to buy a bazooka for the commute or they move from one end of the universe to the other at least that was my luck. Hope it works out for you, especially with the long hours you have to put in.

Shad - thank you for the guided tour. What a lovely area with such interesting history. Wellington is a pretty old town, isn't it? I had a good laugh at you giving a finger wag to the DS for eating in your car! I never took up that habit and don't quite understand it myself (eating in the car). How did your harassment of the slaves go yesterday? Are they all in line, ducks in a row?

Ceejay - oh boy what a surprise if the new guy thinks he's getting a cushy job and instead will be doing maintenance. That's quite a difference in responsibilities. Didn't he pay attention on the interview or does he think one week on the job will qualify to get him out of the coveralls???? Glad you are feeling better. Is it really cold down by you? OMG - how could you not like ice cream??????

Annie - yes, I think when they introduced ice milk it was considered diet ice cream. But now they have the fat free, sugar free, air whipped, yogurt all kinds of options type. DH likes those Magnum bars but I get him the minis which he also said is just enough to satisfy the sweet tooth dessert craving without the horrid sin of an entire big bar. Congrats on your weight loss so far - you are really peeling off the pounds! I have seen several of the WW options on Applebee's menu - they are really good looking for the calorie bang. I'm just not so sure the one out by us truly prepares the meals in a reduced calorie version. I got the shrimp dish and it was fabulous but by the amount of butter and cheese on the plate, I was very suspect that it was prepared the way it should have. I will have to try another item next time we are out that way and give it a second chance.

Guess I should go do something useful with myself. Later chicks.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 05:43 PM   #216  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Thank goodness he's gone for the day. L will have him tomorrow.
The new guy is really arrogant. and I think since he has a class three license in waste water that when they told him he would be put with B to train in maintenance he's changed it to suit his likings. He knows that B is in waste water but B is also in maintenance. He was brave enough to tell me that B would have the big office and that he would have the desk out front. I almost laughed. I've gotten to the point I let all gossip go in one ear and out the other. My friend/boss came over this morning and asked him if he knew when he would go out to the field-water sewer. He didn't say anything.

-----------
Susie
that would be great if they moved your office closer to home. Will be sending good thoughts you dh's way.

Annie
I forgot to congratulate you on those pounds lost.

Laura
It's not long before you leave for your cruise. I envy you.

Happy
Don't blame you for closing the shop up earlier. The sun has been shining all day and has warmed us up. I actually went outside at 4 in just sleeves.

Shad and Michelle
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 06:02 PM   #217  
Creating a Healthier Me

Ceejay - I'm glad you don't have to deal with the new guy tomorrow, and glad it got a bit warmer by afternoon for you.

Happy - Believe me, every time I go outside at night and in the early morning with just a short-sleeved shirt and no coat, and every time I get in my car and I don't have to scrape ice or snow off it, I am so thankful I made the decision to move back "home". As beautiful as Wisconsin is...and it is VERY beautiful...I'm a California girl at heart. I'm feeling better this afternoon.

I am noticing that programming at this job really works up an appetite. Maybe it's trying to figure out a new programming language and content management system. I truly am eating breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince and dinner like a pauper. I eat breakfast of oatmeal and greek yogurt at my desk between 7:30 and 8; that holds me over 'till around 11. By 11:30 or noon, I am hungry so I have my "first lunch" of a Lean Cuisine or WW frozen dinner. Then I have "second lunch" around 3, which is a salad with a little protein and not much dressing. Then I eat something light for dinner around 7 pm.

I've gotten a lot of the code sorted out so the pages are behaving the way they're supposed to and pulling information from the database correctly. Now I have a few cosmetic issues to fix, and then populate the database with correct data....not test data.

Hope everyone is having a great day/evening.
Old 01-29-2014, 07:39 PM   #218  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Hey all.

Posting from phone. Blah. Busy day not much going on. Will try to get back tomorrow for personals

Hugs
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 09:51 PM   #219  

Height: 5'7"

Hi Ladies, it was a long day. Went in at 8 a.m. and left at 7 p.m. Picked up Panera on the way home.

Still very cold here and it is getting to me. But I told myself today that I am being given time to get some this weight off so I can enjoy spring and summer clothes.

My blood work came back ok. I did have low vit D and I need to take 1,000 a day. I have issues with keeping it up. Also my thryroid was a little on the high side, which is strange for me as it as always been low. She is changing my meds and will recheck in 4 months.

I found out a little bit more today about the proposed move. They will tell us in October this year where we will be and no one will move until 2016. So, we have some time to deal with all of this and if the site isn't a good fit, there would be time to maybe find another role in the company.

Happy: Yes, P&G invented Crisco. Do you run into old books often at the Thrift shop? I hope the vertigo is staying at bay.

Ceejay: Glad you have a break from training. It takes a lot of your time and then you still have work to do, at least that is the way I feel about it at times.

Annie: Hope tomorrow is not a "Blah" day for you,

Laura: I'm not doing well with my eating but even if it isn't good I need to get back to posting it on MFP (I know it will help me get back into the routine and my head in a better place).

Congratulations on the loss. A loss is a loss!

Michelle: I hope you have a nice gentle rain all evening. About your eating..you are doing it right. They say doing that will reset your metabolism and your body will start working correctly and burn the calories

Hi Shad!
MyChoice2bfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 08:16 AM   #220  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Good Morning Chickets....

Cold, burr, but getting better???? Cold is pretty much gone. Just a little stuffiness. Taking Emergen C daily. We had a case of H1N1 in our office so I spent the afternoon yesterday sanitizing everything that didn't move. Thank God I had my flu shot long ago back in November. I am down 12.2 lbs, my goal was 15 by end of January, didn't make it but happy with my results thus far.

SUSIE....I am with you on this nasty weather. I am over, Sassy (my doggie) is over it, and my DH is way over it as he is a delivery route man. PLUS I am very over shoveling snow. As our MELLIE used to say, I am going to bring the rolling pin and bop you to get you back on track! lol Hugs dear sister.

SHADDIE...enquireing minds want to know, have you heard anything from Jen lately? Just wondering how she and Richie are getting along and if she has moved to her new apt? Glad things are settling down in your work area and it even sounds as if you like it and are slightly enjoying it.

LAURA..Great job on the loss, I know you can do this and you are sooooooo close to your goal. MFP is really helping me stay on track, hope it works well for you also. WOlf of Wallstreet sounds a "cussy" as August Osage County. Only a female is using the not so nice F word and also the C word is in there once.

CHELLE....ahhh a gentle warm rain. I am dreaming of spring. Only 50 more days til spring but seems like 50 years. lol Glad you are doing better and eating better. Burn those cals girl. I will trade you 6 hours of rain for 10 minutes of snow!

CEEG...who needs arrogent men..Bleh on them. Good for you letting the gossip go in one ear and out the other. We all enough have crap in our heads without that junk. Hope your day goes better today!

HAPPY....Yes I am sure the auto dealer would have taken you for a ride on the traded car, most of them do, unless you know them personally. That is just MO. I saw on MFP you kicked some serious b*tt cleaning house! Good for you sister. I love cookbooks. I collect them and recipes. I actually went through my collection at home which I have them on the first two racks of my bakers rack and gave about 8 of them to Sissy. She was excited. Passing them along to her as she is just starting to get into baking and cooking, and enjoying it. Yah!

Better post and get on with yet another busy day here. I did sleep like a baby last night, of course I took to Advil Pms to make it happen, didn't even wake up. Feelin pretty good!

Have a great day/night all.

Hugs.
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 11:42 AM   #221  

Morning all. It’s improving out there – 22 degrees (ABOVE zero!) this morning. But windy, grrr! I’m not wearing longies or wool today. Well, my socks have some wool in them…

Michelle – Glad you’re making good progress at work!! It's nice to know that if there’s a move, it won’t be far and your nice short commute won’t be going away. I definitely plan to try and be active while on vacation, and to eat healthy. I’m actually looking forward to getting in a lot of fresh fruit. Lately I’ve tended not to buy too much because bf is very "all or nothing" with it. I’m working my way through an entire bag of clementines on my own – bf likes them, but is he eating any?? No. Anyways, I love the idea of having a variety of fresh fruit at my disposal on this cruise, no prepping by me needed. Is it still raining? Good to get it if your area needs it, and it must be a nice change of pace for you - I just hope Santa isn’t balking at going out in it! It’s really gotta be coming down hard for Coal to not want to go out in the rain, especially if it’s for his walk (vs. just going out in the yard).

Happy – I sure hope your vertigo isn’t returning!! Nice you made a nice sale in the shop in spite of it being so slow. Can’t imagine how quiet it must be in town and the shop at this time of year!! What a change of pace from big city life. Re the car – good not to fret over what’s done, just enjoy the new car and appreciate being able to buy one in spite of how dang expensive they are. Yeh, I’m not a fan of Goodfellas either, way too violent. I like to read/hear reviews about movies, but try not to read all the other background stuff – I like to be able to watch a movie based on its own merits. Sometimes the reviews have too much to them that sometimes makes me biased…probably better to ignore it all until after seeing it. Cool thing finding that old cookbook. I like looking at things like that. Even a couple I have from 50’s & 60’s are entertaining, especially when they have photos. I have quite a few cookbooks, a lot my mother bought at garage sales that she passed along to me and the vast majority go completely unused. But for some reason I don’t want to part with them yet! Re the Applebees ww menu – it does cross my mind if the meals are prepared as originally created/intended. But really, it’s like that with all the dishes on a menu for which nutrition data is available. You can only really know when you prepare it yourself!

Ceejay – Sorry your trainee is arrogant. Good thing you’re finished with him now. It’ll be interesting to see how it works out with him at the plant. How nice to have weather warm enough to go out in shirtsleeves!!! I’m really looking forward to not having to wear multiple layers, LOL.

Susie – I can see how your Vit. D might be low – isn’t that the one you get from sun exposure? It’s either been cloudy and gloomy, and if it is sunny, it’s been way too cold to spend any time outside! Hope the supplement helps. Re the move – good thing it’s a long way off. Like you said, there’ll be time to do something if the location is not to your liking. And it's nice that you work for a really large organization and have possibilities to move internally. Re MFP – the tracking really does help. Even the comment after you complete an entry – “if you keep eating like this, you’ll weigh….” It makes you realize the path you’re on. After a really over the top eating day like I had yesterday, that comment hit home. I'm going to try to do better today.

Annie – Glad the cold is almost gone – I’m sure getting a good night’s sleep was helpful! Scary what germs might be lurking, especially with everyone being indoors to spread them… What a great weight loss!! You go girlfriend!!! You’ve still got today and tomorrow to go towards your January goal, so who knows what you might end the month at??? I do agree that MFP is helping me stay aware of what I’m eating. I haven’t been putting in enough effort lately, and that shows in my tracking for sure! You’re right – I’m so close to reaching my 10%, and not all that far from my ultimate goal! I think the closer we get to spring and the closer I get to my bday, I’ll be pushing harder to get there. Oh, almost forgot – I was listening to a podcast with some movie reviewer talk and one reviewer said that the movie August: Osage County was like that tv sitcom "Momma’s Family" on crack. I’ll rethink if I really want to see that…

++
Nothing much to report. Did my challenges last night. Now that I’m at the bitter end (today's day #25), I really need to try and split up the reps during the day – too much to do in the evening, especially since I’m doing two challenges at once. I’ll try to sneak off to the quiet room today and at least do some squats. Maybe bring my coat in there and get on the floor for some situps and crunches too.

Okay, it’s my Friday!! Trying to finish as much of the PITA project as I can before I hand it off to the mgr before I leave for vacay. This being my first go-through on this project, I’m letting the mgr guide me on it. He can be a bit of a micromanager, but I’m trying to use this as an opportunity to learn, as well as getting to know his style and hopefully getting on his good side, lol. After all, he’ll be my boss soon.

Other than that, I have a couple miscellaneous tasks to complete and of course I should try to tidy my desk and clean up my e-mail…we’ll see. Unfortunately I will be toting my laptop home again tonight. I took a break from that yesterday, but I know I’ll want to get a jump on the e-mails before I return to the office.

At lunch I need to run some errands, including the bank and buying a birthday card.

I’d really like to have a pedicure before I leave, but I’m really not crazy about wearing a pair of flip flops out in the cold and even around the house for any amount of time, let alone the time it takes to get home and the time it takes for the polish to thoroughly dry. I might just paint my nails myself and leave it at that.

Tomorrow will be a vacation day spent packing and running around and lunch with bf’s mother.

Okay, back to work. Just have to get through today before I enjoy 11 days off work.
Old 01-30-2014, 12:19 PM   #222  
Creating a Healthier Me

Good morning ladies,

Not much news here except this morning I awoke with a headache rather than queasiness. I know why I have a headache...it's raining out! I tend to get a headache with the change in atmospheric pressure. I'm sure we won't get all the rain we need, but hopefully this rain will dump lots of snow in the Sierra Nevada mountains (where CA gets most of its water from when the snow melts in spring).

Tonight, I plan to start working on my friend's birthday video montage. Her husband wants the background music to be two versions of the song "In My Life". It will start with the original Beatles version, and then morph into the Roberta Flack version, and then back to the Beatles version. Although my nephew the professional musician who has worked with audio editing software says that's a pretty easy thing to do, I've never done it, so we'll see how easy it is. Frankly, that's the hardest part of the video montage. Adding the photos and the short videos should be fairly easy (I hope).

D gave me the run down on his schedule for the next few weeks. He's got to work all day Saturday and Sunday for the next three weeks. It's okay though. Santa and I can usually find fun things to do, and it just makes the time I do get to spend with D that much more special.

For those watching TBL, there are three contestants going into next week's final. Two of them are the ones I would've picked based on their hard work, dedication and consistency. The third contestant was a complete shocker! It will be interesting to see who wins.

===============================

Susie - I'm glad your blood work came back ok. I take between 2000 and 3000 of Vit. D per day, especially in the winter since I'm not getting the sunshine...although thanks to the nice weather here I am outside more than I was in Wisconsin in the winter. My ex's cousin-in-law who is a nurse told us a few years back that she attended a conference where she learned that Vit. D has been shown to greatly strengthen the immune system and make one less susceptible to colds (and make it easier to get over a cold/flu), so I've been taking it ever since. It's good that you're being given time to deal with the move. Thanks for the encouragement about my eating routine.

Annie - I'm glad to hear you're getting better. I hope they sent the person with H1N1 home until they get better. Good for you for sanitizing the place. So many people have died this year due to H1N1, it's nothing to mess around with. Congrats on losing 12.2 lbs!! I'm so proud of you, sista!! You're rockin' this! I'm glad you slept well last night.

Laura - 22 degrees above zero! You're having a heatwave...a tropical heatwave! I don't know how you can even focus on work, but I applaud you for doing so. My brain would totally be in vacation mode! I'm so excited for you!! I want and need to start eating more fruits and veggies. We have clementines at home, but I've been having some acidy stomach problems, so I'm avoiding them. I'll pick up some apples and bananas and maybe some grapes to keep at work...I'm so leary about having grapes in the house due to them being so toxic to Santa. Santa doesn't mind going out in the light rain...and that's all it's been doing so far. Given the cold weather you're having...I'd opt for an in-home pedicure.

Happy - I really hope your vertigo isn't returning. Are you doing any better today? I had a dizzy spell today, but I think that was due to the atmospheric pressure.

Sending you all much love and many hugs!
Old 01-30-2014, 01:10 PM   #223  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Geez, what the hockeystick is with this site? Was typing away and the screen started blinking and it went to an ad and I lost my post. Oh well it was a mad rant anyway - no loss. I will say I never have these problems with any other place I deal with.

It is snowing like crazy - we opted to reschedule DH's doctor's follow up rather than doing the hour's drive on open snowy roads to the next town. I skipped yoga class too - still feeling a bit dizzy and my knee and leg are bothering me again. I turned the gas fireplace on this morning to warm up the room and laid on the floor and did a bunch of stretches. Kitty saw me on the floor and figured I was there to play with her. I had to keep pushing her away as she insisted on grooming my hair.

I have a small gripe about MFP. Sometimes when I think I've made a not too bad choice, and then find out I ate a calorie bomb it makes me a bit miffed. Like it's doing a to me. It SHOULD do that to an ice cream Sundae but I guess bread on a sandwich makes for a lot of calories, even if the filling isn't that bad. In general it does keep me on track and I have often switched up dinner components based on how the day was going so not really complaining.

Laura - you picked the perfect time to go on vacation - hope you have no problems flying out. I think I am most envious of that inevitable re-energized wonderful feeling you will get when the sun and warm air wraps around you and makes you say ahhhhhhh... I feel GREAT!!!! Hope you have a wonderful time with your friends. I know what you mean about the fruit - I pick up quite a bit at the store and unless I put it under his nose, DH does not eat it. But he is quite happy to gobble it down like yesterday when I made a mixed berry dish. Men, go figure?

Michelle - glad you are getting some much needed rain. I hope the montage comes out without too much cussing - it's sounds like it will be soooo nice when completed. A great song choice too - one of my favorites. I'm not sure if the vertigo is back or just a stuffy head normal thing - now I know how DH felt after his ablation - you're never sure if the residual twinges are normal or something else starting again. I did not know that grapes were toxic to dogs. That's a shame as the red grapes they have had in the stores recently have been absolutely delicious. The pears are good too if acidity is a problem for you right now. I hope the BL winner is one of those dedicated people. I would hate that they would play a wild card for ratings, especially when there's still a lot of people who find the show inspirational.

Annie - glad you are feeling a bit better. I had mental visual of you chasing down people in the office and scrubbing them with a Lysol wipe - scrubbing REALLY HARD to the ones who have been less than kind lately How nice that you can pass down your love of cooking and baking to Sissy. I think it really helps to know how to cook - particularly when you want to eat clean and well. How nice to hear that you finally got a good night's sleep - don't care if you had some help, it's about time you got some rest as you have been running around spreading yourself thin for a while now.

Susie - yes, we occasionally get old books at the Thrift Store but generally they are very musty and in bad shape. We have tossed more than a few which had mold and bad stuff in them. Just because they are old, don't mean they are good. DH was in the store waiting for me this week and said - this place smells like old people I hear you on the Vitamin D shortage - I think everyone is deficient, especially this time of year. In the summer I sit on the deck for 15 minutes each day "getting my Vitamin D dose". And they are finding more health issues when people are lacking it. I was surprised to hear they believe a VitD deficiency in pregnant moms can be related to autism in their children. I'm going to give you a gentle nudge too to go back to logging your food again. Don't worry about being perfect, we have slowed down the wagon and are holding our hands out - time to jump back on with us! Some of the chicks are packing cattle prods and you don't want them to take it to that level

Ceejay - I hope your eyes are not sore from rolling them at Mr. Arrogance I went outside in short sleeves too yesterday to give DH the garbage bag but I ran back in the house quick!!!!

Hi Shad!

Ok, my screen is jumpy - going to post this before I lose it.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 01:23 PM   #224  

Susie
You and I are in the same boat with the low vitamin D. Let's work at getting it back to normal levels. My doctor gave me a once per week Vitamin D. I started taking it on Monday.

Michelle
I understand about those headaches due to the pressure changes. They can be as rough as a migraine.

Laura
I like fresh fruit. Just think no cooking for a week. How I would like to have that opportunity!

This afternoon I have an appointment to get my hair cut. It's been since November, 2013.
I've always been a bit cautious about excess water down the drain but today I've got the dishwasher and washing machine going at the same time. Maybe they will drain at different times
I've enjoyed my morning to myself today.
Old 01-30-2014, 01:30 PM   #225  

Happy
You posted above me. I'd like to take the rolling pin to him at times. Guess you will have to get the cattle prod after me. My food has been better just haven't had the time to post at work. And to tired mentally to do it at home.