Old 01-20-2014, 12:27 PM   #151  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Happy Monday ladies,

For some (like me) it's the beginning of the work week while others are enjoying a 3 day weekend. I could've used one more day. I didn't want to get up this morning. I didn't sleep well last night as my feet were bothering me...they felt as though they were on pins and needles. It's better this morning, and I'll do a better job with my eating today in case it might be blood sugar related. I'm happy to say that I'm not coughing and the vertigo is nearly all gone. I'm still quite tired, so while I had planned last night to hit the gym on the way home today...this morning I decided one more evening of rest would probably be a good thing.

I went grocery shopping yesterday and then Santa and I went to the dog park. After that, we came home and he napped while I watched football.

I got great news yesterday...two good friends are getting married. One is a former co-worker from Wisconsin. She and her partner met in Wisconsin 10 years ago, and now they live in Florida. They've chosen to get married in Washington State in September. I'm so excited for them. They are wonderful people and very much in love.

=======================

Happy - Congrats on the new car! I'm glad the roads were clear and the trip to get the car went well. I can understand about getting used to all the gadgets and everything...I test drove a Prius last year and it was nearly like learning to drive all over again. When I was living in WI, I got very frustrated by the Weather Channel. It never failed that when the local news was proclaiming severe weather, the Weather Channel was showing only national weather or Atlanta (even during their "local on the 8's"). You were right...I shouldn't have gone out with the vertigo so bad, but step-mum couldn't wait...she needed to print out her itinerary on Saturday for a trip she was leaving for on Sunday morning. The headache, congestion and sore throat sound like how my illness started. I hope you're feeling better today.

Ceejay - Good for you for getting your office cleaned. So sorry to hear you're having abdominal pain, but am glad you're doing better today. My step-brother has diverticulitis and has to be very careful with what he eats...when he's not careful, he really pays for it with the pain/distress. Sorry your co-worker is causing you stress.

Susie - Wow! Sounds like you have a great and very important job. Lots of responsibility there, especially since you've taken on another Director. Lots of juggling, I'm sure. I hope the workload this week isn't as bad. It's a shame that someone in your family won't take over the role of reunion planner. So sorry to hear about your trip to the ER with DH. I hope he's doing better.

Laura - The weekend went way too fast for me too. I'm glad your bf did well with his oral surgery. My lungs don't deal well with heavy perfume or smoke either. As for the prednisone's effect on the blood sugar...I'm not sure how to address that other than with clean eating, which prednisone's other side effect (constant state of hunger) makes difficult. Luckily, I haven't had as much trouble with the "hungries" this time around, though I haven't been eating all that well. I am concerned that the prednisone raising the blood sugar, combined with the not so healthy eating, are causing the pins and needles feeling in my feet. I googled it and it can be a sign of diabetic neuropathy, but it doesn't have to be permanent. Nothing like a scare to get me back on track. I really miss Zumba. I've got to look at the gym class schedules for the gyms near my new home and mark off time on my calendar. I'm so sorry to hear about Coal's paw. I hope it heals soon. I'm so in awe and impressed by your challenges. I agree with you that women in the workplace shouldn't be referred to as "girl".

Shad - So glad you had a nice time with the family. The meal sounds delicious and the walk in the gardens sounds lovely! Enjoy your public holiday today.

Annie - I actually haven't heard much about August, Osage County...but I think I'll pass. I don't like movies where's there's domestic abuse. There are two movies coming out on DVD that I want to see ("The Butler" and "Captain Philips"). Your dinner sounds delicious! You're a good wife to help C with the car and miss the ending to the Broncos game. I actually fell asleep once I was fairly confident that the Broncos were going to win. I must've changed the channel because I woke up to Ann Wilson (of Heart) singing the National Anthem at the Seahawks/49ers game. Thanks for the tip on the Special K cracker chips. I like Pop Chips too, especially the Thai flavor, but I can't recall how many chips per serving.

Time to go get more caffeine. Tea time with Earl Grey.

Much love and many hugs to all,

Last edited by diyana; 01-20-2014 at 02:46 PM.
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 02:43 PM   #152  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Hi all,

Going to be a somewhat busy week for me. Doing housework and laundry today. Tomorrow I help out in the thrift shop with books in the morning and I decided since I need to drive the new car at least once before I drive DH from the eye surgeon, I should probably take it tomorrow for a run. I also need groceries and much as I don't want to take a new car to the grocery store parking lot, I have to do what I have to do. What I most dread is that I will park at the far end of the lot for sure but the lot is filled with rutted, frozen snow so pushing a loaded grocery cart through that mess will not be fun.

Even though I consistently ate below my calories and did not eat any of my exercise calories, I did not lose any weight last week. For me this disproves the theory that it doesn't matter what you eat as long as you stay at or below calorie limits. I am not going to get bummed over this, too often it became an excuse to just stop trying. Instead I am reviewing my week's meals and I definitely need to incorporate more fruit and vegetables into my plan. I also need to plan more - I am not hungry in the morning and I lose track of time - often it's close to 2pm and I have not had either breakfast or lunch and then it's a dilemma of grabbing something quick or starving until an early supper at 4pm. So I grab something quick which is not the best choice. Up to this point my goals have been to think about what I'm eating and be honest about logging food. I have done that - now I will improve on what I'm eating even if I have to go back to planning a week's worth of meals ahead of time. I am frustrated with my knee and hip - anti inflammatories and stretches are probably helping it from getting worse, but it's not getting better either. I know I can't get more cortisone. I'm going to try tweeking things a little for the next 2 weeks or it's back to the doctor. I'm already doing what physical therapy said to do except for their recommendation of adding water therapy via swimming pool exercises. Tomorrow is supposed to be a high temperature of 2 degrees F and Wednesday a high of 0. With those temperatures, who wants to go in a swimming pool?

Michelle - I'm glad you are feeling better but I'd be mindful of those pins and needles in your feet. I'm sure this is frustrating if you need the medicine for your breathing yet it causes blood sugar problems. Perhaps walking Santa might be your best bet for exercise until you are back to speed again. In my book any movement is better than sitting in a chair. How nice that your friends will be getting married. Will you be going to the wedding then? That will be a long flight coast to coast! You hit it on the nose with your weather channel comment - my biggest frustration was when you most wanted them (in bad weather) either the radar was out or they'd show generic forecasts for places far far away from what we needed to see.

Annie - I seem to remember a sample of those Special K chips - they were good! They make good products and seem to understand the value of the crunch factor. With hummus it would make a nice, satisfying treat. Thanks for the review on August: Osage County. I didn't realize it would be like that as it looked interesting. I can see why you wouldn't have cared for the subject matter. Sometimes I wonder if it would be better if we could go back in our lives and tweak things a bit - but then again sometimes great things - like your kids - come out from a less than happy place like the ex. Well actually, I guess technically they came out of YOU but you know what I mean And yes, I was reading something about the importance of periodically cleaning out your dishwasher. It's just like never cleaning your bath tub or sink. Yewwwww. I clean out the washing machine once a week with vinegar and once a month with the big clean cycle and Tide washing machine cleaner. Sounds like you do enjoy a good football game - nice of you to miss the end and go help C. That's love.

Laura - I agree with you about the "nice GIRL" comment. Maybe he meant GURL ala Katy Perry Old habits die hard I suppose. I hope the new person works out. Some people pick up on fake (which almost always turns out to be true) while others don't notice it. If you don't like control top pantyhose, then do try that swimsuit on before you go on vacation. One of the things I liked about L/E suits is that they really hold you in. And they are a pistol to get back on again once they get wet so don't go to the potty until you are done swimming for the day. To your question about the car, this has what they call "full time 4 wheel drive". The 4Runner is one of the last of it's kind that was designed for off road driving (which we never do). As such they switched from switch it yourself between 2 wheel and 4 wheel drive to always on 4 wheel. One thing that is different with our car to "all wheel drive" is that we have an extra shift we can change to High 4 wheel drive, Low 4 wheel drive and another mode meant for off road or heavy snow/mud driving conditions. So it's like all wheel drive but has a bit of extra oomph if you need it. I'm glad it's all wheel drive because DH kept popping it in an out of 4 wheel and that drove me crazy. He'd put it on 4 wheel on our snowy road and then pop it back to 2 wheel when we got on the main roads that were less snow covered. A couple of times we slid in 2 wheel and I just looked at him. But didn't we already have a conversation about guys and they wacky things that do?

Susie - I hope your DH will be ok. That has to be scary. It's the one thing I hated about the blood thinners. Crazy things happen and you're never sure if it's serious or just thinner blood. Let us know how he makes out. Sending you good vibes

Ceejay - good luck with the co-worker. If you stand up to them, they generally back down. No one wants confrontation but you are not a greenhorn on the job either.

Hello Shad

I was going to cancel WW this month but I got an email as they are pushing their "new" program and I went to the website. Since I need to incorporate more healthy foods into my meal plan, I copied a few recipes for ideas. Maybe I'll keep it one more month. I think I'm going to make a pot of minestrone as I have all the ingredients here. And they had a nice looking breakfast burrito recipe you bake up and can warm individual servings. Right up my alley. How can you go wrong with burritos, red bell peppers, eggs and avocado? Yum.

Ok DH is looking for the trash for pick up today so I'd better get rolling.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 10:10 PM   #153  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

I got a surprise this morning. I'm training a new person for maintenance, except he has to know the operation of the plant first. He's a bit stuck on himself but he does have more knowledge about t he operation of the plant than some one green off the street. He will come along nicely. I'm taking it slow and easy at first. Think in the past I've put to much information in their heads that they could not digest.
We had no internet at work today either. Sigh
Think I must have eaten to much raw foods to quickly to set this bout off. I'll find out for sure Thursday what's going on.
Had a bit of excitement this afternoon between 4 and 5 p.m. A building next door to the water plant burned. It looked like a total loss. The firemen were still there when I left to come home.
I'm both tired physically and mentally tonight. Think I'm going to call it an early night and get some extra sleep.

Happy
I like breakfast burritos. I need to make some of those myself. Sounds like you have a busy week planned.

Michelle
Glad you are feeling better. I didn't want to get up this morning either

Annie, Susie and Shad, Hello.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 11:32 PM   #154  

Height: 5'7"

Hi Ladies...thank you all so much for all your concerns. You are wonderful

We don't feel DH is out of the woods yet but the color is turning more tea like than bright red and we think that is a good sign.

We have appointments with his regular doctor on Wed morning in case his urine isn't clear by then, so they can take sample. Also we have a appointment with the urologist a week from tomorrow so that we can get things checked out and make sure that all is ok.

Please keep praying and sending us good, healing thoughts.

I did go with my friend today and we had a fun time. It kept my mind occupied. DH went to work and he said he felt ok.

I have not focused on food or exercise yesterday or today but should be able to at least focus on food tomorrow and get back to posting on MFP.

I also plan to do personals here tomorrow.

I have been working for the past 2.5 hours and it's time to go to bed. We are getting more snow tomorrow....ugh!!! Will be long commutes.
MyChoice2bfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 01:39 AM   #155  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Evening all,
Had a terrible day with food today. There is no particular reason for it, but I will definitely have to do better tomorrow. I guess eating out a lot has a lot to do with it, but if I want to get this flab off, then I need to get out of bed in the morning, do the exercise, eat well and just suck it up. That's life.

Tonight there is a Downton Abbey Christmas special on. Guess I might stay awake long enough to take a look at that. I've got about an hour before that starts.

Happy - hope the new car brings great joy and interesting motoring. I'm looking forward to having a shot at the Princess in the next couple of weeks. Guess the DS2 has been looking after her well. Hope the DH's surgery goes okay for him. Didn't realise he had cataracts.

Susie - hope your DH is okay too. If he is taking blood thinners it is probably something to do with that. My SIL took Warferin and she bruised liked nothing on earth. Also the skin round her ankle split once and she damn near bled to death before she got to the hospital. Horrible stuff.

Michelle - hope you are feeling better soon. Maybe you need some of my 'pot plants' although you would no doubt be sorely p*d off trying to smoke the one here.

Laura - did the swimsuit arrive? Hope so. Also hope the bloke in the office gives up referring to the 'girls'. Maybe you should referring to the blokes around the joint!

Annie - sounds like you have been a regular whirlwind. Hope the work situation improves somewhat for you. Difficult both here and in Aus now to get administrative/ accounts type jobs. Seems to be a dying breed. Wonder who is going to process the paperwork when the last admin assistant disappears off the planet.

Ceejay - hope that pain in the gut goes away soon. Darn, but Mel will be hacked off that you got a good eyeful of the firies and she didn't.
Hope the new person works out well.

And still the rain comes down. Will make going for a walk quite difficult in the morning. Might have to do stairs in the building. That will be fun (NOT). Supposed to clear for the next weekend.
I'm having lunch tomorrow with my exDH's niece. We've been trying to catch up since I got here and she or I would have to back off for one reason or another. So tomorrow is the day (again) - keep your fingers crossed.

Better go and make a cup of 'Snore and Peace' - sort of herbal tea designed to help people sleep. Then I can get ready for Downton Abbey and bed following that.

Be good folks.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 08:40 AM   #156  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Good Morning All....

SUSIE...yep we are getting that nasty snow, wind and cold this morning. Took me 55 minutes to get to work, normally a 22 minute drive. 465 around Indy was a parking lot with more than the usual amount of idiots. Glad your DH is feeling better and has doc appts to check things out.

SHADDIE...amazingly I have been doing great on food and exercise. Well with all the snow shoveling the exercise part is pretty much covered. Downton Abbey: We are in season 4 just finished episode 3. Was not happy with episode 2, they could of left the incident with Anna. Don't want to spoil it in case others have not see it yet.

CEEG...nothing like training snooty people that think they already know everything. I think Shad does that at times. Hope you get to feeling better and the doc can figure out what is going on with you.

HAPPY....just part close to the door at the grocery and get that first ding on your new car then you don't have to wait for it to happen. Prayers for DH and his eye surgery. I have a start of one on my left eye but doc said probably won't have to bother with it till I am in my 70's, oh goody a reason to live. Ankle replacement in my 60s, I can hardly wait. lol

CHELLE...hope you are feeling better by now and your energy level is coming up. Get you some B12 that dissolves under your tongue. Hugs sister.

LAURA...I didn't make it to CVS last night to get the cracker chips but plan on it today.

Sissy called me this morning, she has been up vomiting and diarreah all night long and wants me to be on call in case she ends up going to the doctor. Bless her heart, she did call her doc and he said if it goes on more thatn 24 hours to call them back she may need an IV drip cause she can't even hold down water. When my kids are sick, my heart breaks.

Went to watch DS bowl last night. C and I went. It was a different type of league. Two people to a team. They bowl 3 games. Start bowling at 6 and were done by 7:15. It was fun cause I knew several of the bowlers.

That is about it for me. Stay safe, warm, happy, healthy (cool in Shad's case)

Loves.
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 10:13 AM   #157  
Choose your hard

Morning all,

8am this morning it was minus 24 degrees (F). That's too dang cold. And that was WITH the sun out. I have to go to the shop today to help with used books. I'm waiting a bit because the shop is a very old frame building with very little insulation and I'm sure it's wretched cold in there, particularly in the back. The do have a set back thermometer set to go on as well as a heater in the back but they keep the temps quite low overnight and I'm sure it takes a while to warm things up.

Annie - yes, I am dreading the first ding in the car but you know it's going to happen. Poor Sissy - does she have the flu? It's really rampant and taking everyone to the mat who comes in contact with it. I hope it eases up. Can't imagine having to be that sick when you're that far along. How's your foot doing while you are waiting for that ankle replacement? Are the shoes helping any? Wow - speed bowling! I'm glad to hear that people are still bowling. A guy wrote a popular book called "Bowling by Myself". It addresses the change in society about how people are getting away from socializing with others. IE - 30 years ago people got together and bowling leagues were very popular. Now everyone is "too busy" and you wind up "bowling by myself". I didn't read the book but would like to one day although I already know that people keep to themselves. I was a bit surprised myself at the Anna story twist on Downton. Guess it opens things up to a lot of possibilities.

Shad - laughed at the tea "snore and peace" good name, hope it does the job. Hope the rain dries up and you can catch lunch with the niece once removed and get a nice walk in. I agree with your assessment on the food and moving. Just gotta do it as it doesn't do itself.

Susie - holy geez, that was seriously intense with DH - not just a "bit" of blood. No wonder you were scared. Still hoping things work out ok. Understandable about the lapse in food but best not to go down that route. Today's a new day - make it a good one.

Ceejay - I think the proper term for "stuck on himself" man is "confident". Good luck with the training - hopefully he will take the time to learn the ropes before he sets his focus on climbing the ladder to the president's desk. Are you feeling better?

Time for me to find some warm duds, grab my shopping list and go figure out how to work this new fangled car of mine. Stay warm and have a good one. I guess I am grateful we don't have snow on top of this bitter cold but I guess that's coming later. This winter is getting too long for me too. See yahs.
Old 01-21-2014, 11:36 AM   #158  

Morning all. Another cold day out there. Got about 3 inches of snow overnight. All I can say is we're getting a very wintery winter.

Michelle – How are you feeling today? That pins and needles is scary – I hope that’s just a temporary thing. Glad you’re not coughing or having vertigo anymore. I hope another night of rest helps you get through this illness and back to feeling good. Congrats to your two friends getting married!! You’re not extremely far from WA state – is there a possibility you’ll be able to attend the wedding in September??

Happy – Better to get acclimated to the new car before a long drive! I always have good intentions of learning whatever new gadget we might get, be it the cell phone, or in the past – the car, the camera, etc. But reading the manuals – booooring. So it ends up being I learn along the way, or just the necessary things and not the less frequently used/optional things. Sigh. I hope you’re better than me about that stuff!! Hope you’re dressed warmly for your book sorting stint at the shop today. Re not losing any weight – keep plugging away. I haven’t done well this past week, but I know where I’m having troubles. And it would help if I were getting more exercise too! Keep at the logging, unless you’re not logging everything you eat, intentionally or not. In that case, why bother? Sorry your knee and hip aren’t feeling better yet – I hope the extra time will get it feeling better so you don’t have to go to the doc again. Going in a pool does not appeal to me at all right now, not if it’s in this cold and if I’d have to go out in the cold afterwards to get back home. Thanks for the 4 wheel drive info. Nice to know it’s “always 4 wheel drive” and having to switch into it when needed isn’t necessary. As for the swimsuit – my last 3 suits have been from Land's End but I never bought one with the control fabric, so we’ll see how that feels. I might end up just going with the larger size if that makes it easier to take on/off. Honestly, I think that most people have more than just their tummy they'd like to suck in, so it seems sort of pointless to have a tummy control swimsuit when jiggly arms and legs will still be on view.

Ceejay – Hope the new guy is easily trainable - and gets over himself, lol. Having a fire in the building next door would probably be too much excitement for me. And the extreme cold can make it hard to fight fires too. Glad nothing affected the plant.

Susie – Glad your dh is feeling better. Scary what those blood thinners can do! That’s serious stuff. Hope the urology appointment doesn’t bring up anything.

Shad – My calories have been higher than I need them to be to lose any weight, and lack of exercise has also been part of the problem. On the positive side, I can tell my challenges are making me a bit firmer. I’m not fond of walking the fire stairwells for exercise. Could anything be more drab and depressing than those stairways??? Hope you get your nice weather for the weekend – that’s what’s important, right?? No, I haven’t gotten my swimsuits yet. I don’t know when this started, but now items are being shipped partially by UPS and partially by the US post office. So the tracker says “Package transferred to local post office. Allow for 1 to 2 additional days for delivery”. I guess with all these places offering free shipping now, they’ll ship it any darn way they please and let us wait as long as it takes. Actually, yesterday was a Federal holiday, so perhaps I will get my package today. We'll see. Fingers you will get your lunch w/ the exdh’s niece. I don’t know why the mgr referred to the new hire as a girl…I feel she’s somewhere between my age and his. Long past girlhood. I just love that tea name – “Snore & Peace”. How apt and funny.

Annie – Well, I guess we are now both thoroughly fed up with this winter helll we’ve been subjected to this season. The 10 day outlook for my area has 4 single digit days, 3 days in the teens, and 3 days in the 20’s. So the best we can hope for is those days when it reaches the 20’s?? Bleh. So I guess there probably aren’t enough “Hoosier Helpers” to go around with all the cars going off the road, etc. I’m so glad I don’t have to drive in this!! You be careful out there girlfriend!! Re food – I’m so glad you’re doing well with it!! I stopped by my CVS by the train station yesterday after work and before I looked for the Special K chips, I spotted my sour cream and onion Popchips on sale for 2 for $5, so I bought those. I usually only portion out ¾ of a serving to eat with my lunches because that’s all that really fits in my Tupperware container, and that’s satisfying enough. I just like having some salty crunch with my sandwich. I avoid eating them at home because they would certainly go the way of the Doritos – entire bag done in one or two sittings. Anyway, it seems like CVS might be the only place I’ve seen lately that has that flavor. It would be a good thing to try the new brands/flavors. Poor Sissy being so sick! And I bet she’s limited with what she can take to try and feel better. Poor thing. Glad you enjoyed DS’s bowling games last night. Nice change of pace, huh?

==
Nothing much to report. Lunch yesterday with the department welcoming the new mgr was fine. Someone brought a huge box of chocolates to the coffee/copy room and I succumbed to two pieces. On top of the filling (but healthy) lunch, it was too much. And then I didn't eat the fruit I brought for my snacks. Sigh.

After having done two day’s worth of challenges on Sunday, my abs were a bit sore. Doing my challenges yesterday really was a challenge, but I did them. Yay me. Bringing home my laptop makes my walking a bit more of a challenge. It doesn’t help that my backpack is always a bit heavy with all the junk I normally tote around, but adding the laptop just makes it that much more. There weren’t any Metra issues today, so my commute was fine. I’ll think about if I need to take the laptop home again tonight.

Today is my ww meeting. My home scale hasn’t changed from last week, so I won’t see a loss this week, especially wearing longies and jeans – heavier clothes than usual. C’est la vie. I'll keep plugging along with logging and trying to eat right.

The movie chosen for tonight is “12 Years a Slave”, but it’s at a distant theater and I’m not thrilled to go out driving. I’ll likely skip it. It’s a rest night for my challenges. I’ll see if there’s a class at the gym I want to take. I’m willing to drive 4 miles round trip, but not 26.

That’s about it for me. TTFN!!
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 01:27 PM   #159  
Creating a Healthier Me

Good Tuesday everyone!

I'm exhausted today. I slept well last night, though I didn't get to bed as early as I wanted to. I think I've still got the lingering fatigue of the bronchitis...despite my lungs being clear and my vertigo being all gone. I wish I could've just stayed in bed all day. The plan for tonight is home and to bed. Hopefully, Santa will be agreeable to that.

I watched Hollywood Game Night last night...a fun, mindless show...which was what I was in the mood for. Valerie Bertinelli was on, and I've always thought she was just adorable. It looks like she's put back on a bit of weight, but she still looks great. In fact, I don't understand she's two years older than me and still looks like she's in her 20s.

=======================
Happy - If you're exercising and not eating your exercise calories or your full complement of daily calories, is it possible you're not eating enough and your body is holding onto the weight? I've read that you need to eat a little something in the morning to kick your metabolism into gear. Even if it's just something little. I've read that until your body gets its first fuel of the day, the metabolism stays "asleep". I hope that you can find some way to ease the pain in your knee and hip because you can only have a limited number of cortisone injections per year. I'm heeding your suggestion about just walking Santa for now, and I'm glad to report the pins and needles have subsided. The wedding is in Washington State, about an hour or so away from Seattle. I haven't decided if I'll fly or drive there, but I am going. I should log into WW online and check out the new program and the recipes. When is DH's cataract surgery? Do you have to go all the way to Duluth for the surgery? What is the recuperation time for something like that? Was this morning's temp -24 ACTUAL or witn wind chill? Either way, that's crazy cold.

Ceejay - Training someone can be exhausting, especially combined with the stress of a fire so close by. I hope you were able to relax and sleep well.

Susie - I'll definitely keep your DH in my prayers and sending him good thoughts. I hope he gets some answers tomorrow if it hasn't cleared up by then.

Shad - Thanks for the good laugh on FB about your "pot plants". I was sure you meant potted plants, but I just had to make a comment. "pot" and "potted" are not interchangeable adjectives here in the states. Our friend Barb was right...when you put "rock'n'roll" and "pot plants" in the same comment, us Yanks jump to conclusions. I'll bet our dear Mellie would've gotten a good laugh out of that one too. I had the same thought about Ceejay getting a good look at firies and how Mel would've wanted to see them. I hope Snore and Peace was effective.

Annie - Yikes! Sounds like an awful commute. I hope the roads are better by the time you go home. I'm so proud of you with the eating and exercise. Thanks for the tip about B12. I'll pick some of that up. I'm sending healing wishes to your daughter. I hope she feels better soon. My ex and I used to really enjoy bowling in a league. I'd love to take it up again when my back gets better.

Laura - Other than exhaustion, I'm doing better today. As for my friends' wedding, yes, since it's here on the west coast, I'm definitely going to go. I haven't decided if I'll make it a longer trip and drive (taking time to visit two couples of friends in Oregon and one in Washington), or if I'll just do a long-weekend and fly. I totally agree with you on reading manuals...boring. I read the bare minimum to get the gadget up and running and then learn as I go, usually by googling what I need. So nice that you're seeing results from your dedication to the challenges! You chicks in the Midwest have certainly had an awful winter. I remember when I lived back there, seeing all those bitter cold temps and dreading how many more months of winter left to go. But at least you have a tropical vacation to look forward too!! I should look up the carb info on the PopChips to see if they'd be a good snack for me. I do really enjoy the taste of them. My two fave flavors are Sweet Potato and Thai Sweet Chili Potato (which has a little hotness but not too much). Bravo for you for being so dedicated on your challenges. And your right...lugging a laptop is good exercise...I learned that when I was commuting to SF and had to bring my own laptop. Have fun at the gym.

Gotta sign off for now.

Much love and many hugs to y'all,
Old 01-21-2014, 08:36 PM   #160  

Height: 5'7"

Hi Everyone, it sure was a long day and I'm about to log on and do some work while I'm watching The Biggest Loser. Is anyone else watching it?

It's makeover week! I love it when they get to this point.

Annie: I'm sorry that your commute was so long. Mine was about 30 min longer than usual as well..and then when I came out of work it was so cold!

Happy: I think I would die if I lived somewhere it was -24! It's bad enough when we are in the single digits...which is was this evening.

Keep up the good work with eating correctly and moving and not eating the calories you burn with exercise. The scales will go down if you just stay consistant. Sometimes our bodies don't want to let go of that weight at first. Also, I have heard to be sure that you are getting enough protein and that can help.

Thank you for reminding me to not go down that self-destruction path.

Michelle: I hope you get some good sleep tonight. It sounds like you are rounding the corner to feeling good again.

Shad: Sorry to hear that you had a bad food day. It happens....make the next day a good one.

Ceejay: How did the training go today? I hope on Thursday you get some answers to your stomach issues. It's not fun to feel badly.

Laura: How did the WW meeting go?

Thank you all for the support for me and my DH. We go to the doctor tomorrow to find out about the culture and to see how he thinks are going. The output is no longer bright red, sort of a weak tea color. We will take it as a good sign. I want him to take another sample and see if it shows white blood cells in it.

See you all tomorrow.
MyChoice2bfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 08:00 AM   #161  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Good Freezing Morning. My car said 4 degrees and who knows with the windchill. We had snow yesterday, about 3 inches and man was it COLD!

Yes, Sam had the stomach flu. We ended up at the hospital. Chris came home and picked Jacob up at noon and took him back to work with him. I left work at 1:30 to go be with Samantha. I finally convinced her she needed to go to the ER. We called her doc first, he sent orders over to the hospital maturnity wing, she went right in. She had two bags of fluid IV and one bag of vitamin bag. Chris got to the hosp with Jacob, I took him with me and went home. Around 8:30 I took Jacob to their house and put him to bed. The kids didn't get home from the hospital til midnight. Oh what a day/night. Sam is feeling much better and can eat and drink. She had also started pre-term labor from being dehydrated.

LAURA...saw on MFP that you had a loss afterall. WTG!!! Congrats!!

SUSIE...let us know how DHs doc appt goes. I am not watching BL. I keep forgetting about it.

HAPPY...burrrrr, we are cold too, only we had snow. Bleh. Did you have any customers at the thrift store yesterday or was it just too cold for anyone?

CHELLE...glad you are on your way to recovery. Yeah, I always thought VB was a cutie. Now that she is 50 and looks the same as she did at 25, she is just plain disgusting. lol

Hi Shaddie and Ceeg!

Everyone make it a great day/night!!

Hugs
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 11:11 AM   #162  
Creating a Healthier Me

Happy Wednesday ladies,

I slept a little better last night, but it was still hard to drag myself out of bed this morning. I'm looking forward to sleeping in this weekend.

=====================

Susie - I watch The Biggest Loser, but only caught a little of the beginning of last night's show. I'll watch it on the DVR tonight. I hope things go well at the doctor today for your DH.

Annie - I'm glad Sam went to the hospital to get IV fluids and vitamins. What a relief that it must be for all that she is feeling better and is able to eat/drink. Has the pre-term labor stopped?

Laura - Congrats on your weight loss! I guess the WW scale is friendlier than your own.

A big to Happy, Ceejay and Shad!

Much love to all,
Old 01-22-2014, 11:16 AM   #163  

Morning all. Just did something dumb and lost most of my post. My WW weigh-in showed a gain of 1.8 yesterday, but I'm not concerned as I wore my lightest work clothes last week and had on a t-neck, jeans and longies yesterday. And my home weigh-in yesterday morning showed the same weight as last week's. My leader also suggested taking measurements. I've never done that because I figured I would be inconsistent about it, but it makes sense to do as another way of marking progress.

Susie - Hope your hubby's doc appointment goes well today. Not watching TBL - too much drama for me. I can watch episodes on demand, so I might watch the makeover show - those are fun.

Annie - Poor DD! But she really did need to go to the ER, and I'm so glad she's feeling better now.

Michelle -Re Valerie Bertinelli – I sometimes see ads for that show Hot in Cleveland, but I can never remember what day/time it’s on. She looks good for her age – some people are lucky that way. And botox, etc. certainly helps, haha. It’ll be so nice for you to get away on a leisure trip in September to visit friends and attend that wedding. Something nice to look forward to. Re this winter…I’m really letting it get to me, and I hate that! I don’t want to do much of anything once I get home from work. I think I need to change my attitude and stop letting it keep me from my usual activities. If I can get out there and go to work, I can get out to the gym, movies, shopping, etc. Re popchips – I’ll have to try the Thai Sweet Chili because I do like a bit of spice.

Shad - Has the rain stopped yet??

Hi Happy, Hi Ceejay.
==
Nothing much to report. I didn't go to the gym last night. BF made a delicious pot of chili and I stayed home and ate that for dinner and watched TV.

We are looking online at orthopedic dog beds since our Coalie is getting older and might do better with a bit more support. Some of them look really nice, but they sure can be pricey. Of course nothing at Orvis comes cheap, LOL.

My swimsuits arrived yesterday and the smaller size is fine, even with the "hold you in" fabric. This is the one, hope the link works: http://www.landsend.com/products/wom...trol/id_247031 I also bought a couple tank tops. They have rather thin straps though, so I think they might be better for layering than for wearing solo. Since I was already trying on clothes, I pulled out some shorts from the underbed storage box and have three pairs that'll be fine - a couple pairs are a bit baggy, but they'll do. I have a tendency toward neutrals, so I have a pair of tan, khaki, and a lighter stone color. Not fond of white because they'd be a dirt magnet, and I don't like the way dark-colored shorts look on my pasty legs.

That's about it for me. TTFN!
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 02:39 PM   #164  
Creating a Healthier Me

Laura - Despite the WW scale showing a gain, as you said you were wearing heavier clothes, and you certainly have some wonderful NSVs to show for your efforts (a smaller size swimsuit, and shorts that fit - and even some baggy ones). I love the swimsuit...I'm sure it looks great on you!
Old 01-23-2014, 02:02 AM   #165  
Choose your hard

Hi all,

Sorry I didn't get in until late. DH's eye surgery appears to have gone well. His eye is a bit irritated now and having to use only one eye (eye patch) has it's own frustrations. I am going to yoga class tomorrow and then we are headed to see the doctor for a follow up tomorrow. Can you believe the doctor put his actual home phone number on the discharge papers???? Which was a good thing because the discharge nurse was unclear about something and I could not get hold of the office or the answering service. DH had me call and he seems like such a nice doctor. I'm hoping all is well Told DH he had his heart fixed and both eyes so is he done now? He said he hoped so, me too - I said at least they were easily fixable things.

We had my homemade minestrone soup for dinner with warm biscuits. I added some smoked sausage at DH's request (and for a little protein). I was surprised at the end result of calories. Here I thought I was eating better because there are lots of veggies and some beans in the soup. Just goes to show you...

Laura - it's been recommended that people take measurements so as not to become discouraged if the weight loss stagnates. Also as you build muscle it weighs more than fat so you might become leaner, denser and stall at a weight but be better than ever. Like Shad who saw a change in the way clothes fit. I'm glad you were able to fit into the warm weather stuff for your trip. I agree with you that darker shorts can make untanned legs even paler. Maybe you could use some of that Jergens Lotion that is supposed to be a self tanner although this time of year they are probably not stocking it. I never much cared about tanning - DH's feet are so white they look like cadaver feet - I would not show THOSE in public - next to him I look tanned. As for Coal - did you look at one of those off the floor type beds - therabeds or something? I agree with you they are pricy but think of how your aching bones would feel if you had to lay on a hard floor. Isn't Coal worth it? *looks at you with sad puppy eyes*

Michelle - glad you are feeling better. Yes, I agree that Valerie B looks amazing. I won't say I'm glad because she gained some weight back but I will say I'm glad that she is human like the rest of us and not afraid to show it. I liked the show Hot In Cleveland but I keep forgetting to watch / record it. Sorry about the mix up with your friends wedding - I misread that they lived in Florida now. How fun that you can go to their wedding. I'm sure you missed a lot when you were living in WI, nice now that it's a little easier to try and make up for lost time.

Annie - yikes on Sissy - I'm glad she got taken care of. I am dumb not having had any kids but was wondering if the awful retching might bring on labor if you're far along - I guess not so much the vomiting as much as the being dehydrated. I hope she rests and gets better quickly. To your question I worked at the store yesterday and we made $71 which was worth staying open. Some days you can make a case for closing and then someone comes in and blows your theory away. Congrats on a weight loss this week!

Susie - I stopped watching BL when it got to the point that Jillian and even Bob were screaming at the contestants. Haven't watched it regularly since then I have to say. I'm glad DH is settling down - hope you get good news from the doctor soon. Yes, I was noticing the cold today when I pulled duty to go out and feed the deer and refill the bird feeder. It was a COLD walk to the car today because we had to park farther away at the hospital lot - I had an ice cream cold headache for sure. And there is another Polar Vortex headed for us again. I am ready to be done with winter myself.

Hi Ceejay

I saw a news article that The Captain and Tennile are getting a divorce. Didn't say much but it alludes to the fact that he has medical issues and they might be doing this for financial reasons since it seems they will still be together. Isn't it just horrible that you'd be married 39 years and have to divorce so that you didn't leave the other spouse bankrupt??? It makes me feel bad just thinking about it. I know DH has mentioned on more than one occasion that if he gets sickly, he would worry that it would take all our money and leave me alone and penniless. I said we'll cross that bridge when we come to it. Always something going on.

Right now I am going to bed because it's 1am and for some reason my filling dinner has passed and my evening snack of yogurt and fresh berries isn't sticking with me either. I am really hungry so I'm going to go to bed before I can tempt myself.

I don't think I'll have enough time to post in the morning so I'll catch up with you later. Stay warm friends!