Old 08-05-2012, 11:25 AM   #31  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Morning ladies,

Cool but sunny day today. Perfect for being outside - guess I might try and tackle some of the boxes in the garage. Also need to go through these cookbooks I have.

Mel - you can have the chili - those beans just did not agree with me, although cooking with the fresh ingredients sure did intensify the flavors tremendously.

That was awful about that poor man's fall. Breaking as many bones as he did, that certainly does not sound well for him. And my heart was in my mouth with the smoke on your floor. I'm glad it didn't settle into your apartment - that would have been a disaster! Always something going on, isn't it?

Not too much happening so I think I'll get dressed and get outside before the day runs away from me.

Have a good Sunday all.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 03:50 PM   #32  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

I THOUGHT I WOULD POST NOW FOR TOMORROW.
IT'S LOOKING TO BE A BUSY DAY IN THE MORNING.
BUT IT WILL PROBABLY SLACK OFF.....HOPEFULLY.

ALL I DID TODAY WAS COOK VEGGIES AND BOIL EGGS.
KEEPING THINGS READY IN THE FRIDGE SO I EAT WHAT I AM SUPPOSED TO EAT.
SO FAR THE DAY IS QUIET. ONLY ONE SMOKE ALARM.
THEY SHOULD BAN COOKING FROM THE BUILDING!!
MEALS SHOULD BE INCLUDED WITH THE RENT

I RAN INTO THE ONE MAN'S WIFE. BOTH HIS HIPS ARE BROKEN.
AND SOME OTHER BONES. I CANNOT UNDERSTAND HER ACCENT TOO WELL.
HE MOST LIKELY WILL NOT BE COMING HOME.
I AM SO SAD FOR HIM. HE WAS SO ACTIVE. WE BOTH CRIED.

MY APT AND THE HALL STILL SMELL LIKE YESTERDAYS FIASCO
I DIDN'T REALIZE IT TILL I WENT DOWNSTAIRS AND CAME BACK IN. PU!!!
PUT THE A/C AND AIR CLEANER ON HIGH NOW.
NO WONDER I HAD A SORE THROAT.
WILL LOOK INTO SEALING MY DOOR A BIT BETTER TOO.
NOW I NEED A TRIP TO HOME DEPOT!!!

THE HALLMARK CHANNEL HAS THE GOOD WITCH SERIES ON.
I AM IN HEAVEN DUSTING AND WATCHING.
HOPE WE ALL HAVE A HAPPY MONDAY!

HAPPY.....HOW DID THE UNBOXING GO??
WISH I WAS THERE TO HELP. I LOVE STUFF LIKE THAT.
ESPECIALLY WHEN IT'S NOT MY HOUSE
I WENT BACK TO LOOK AT YOUR PICTURES. THEY ARE REALLY NICE.
PRINTED THEM OUT TO SHOW JEN. SHE LOVES COUNTRY STUFF TOO.
FUNNY BUT I GOT RID OF ALL MY COOKBOOKS AND DIET STUFF.
THE LIBRARY LOVED ME THAT TIME.
I WILL CLEAN IF YOU WILL COOK....THEN I'LL MOVE IN.
JUST SO LONG AS THERE ARE NO FIRES!!!! ROFLMAO

Last edited by MELODY525; 08-05-2012 at 03:53 PM.
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 06:49 PM   #33  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Morning all,
Quick one - since I left my contact lens fluid at home yesterday and now have to go find some. Might put my running shoes on and go exploring. I'm not going to miss out on this sunshine. Certainly wasn't in evidence last night when the icy rains descended. Then I knew I was out of the tropics

Met Sophia last night. She is cute and not all that cuddly since when she is awake, she likes to move everything!!!! Either a cyclist or a breast stroke swimmer. DS2 has taken a week off work so we can have some fun together. As he says, its over 13 months since we saw each other.

Mel - probably better that we didn't talk. Might have some bits to add or whatever when I get back.

Happy - don't worry about sending anything, this child has enough. Geez, when I was having kids it was a case of three of everything - one on, one waiting, one in the wash. These days you have to have 97 of everything and to my utter disgust, it's all made in China. I was nearly apopletic the other day when I saw baby stuff in one of out 'upmarket' department stores that had a big red label sewn inside that said - this fabric is highly flammable. AND THEY STILL SELL THEM. Bah humbug. The almighty dollar has just gone too far.

Anyway, I am off to see the sights. When I get back, I will tell you about this funny house I have rented - well it's not funny ha ha. But it is comfortable. However I must look trustworthy because they seem to have left me in charge of the family jewels.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 09:13 PM   #34  

Hello all. Just a quick pop-in. Whooped after a ride on the bike trail. Good thing I walked doggy immediately upon my return home - wouldn't have wanted to if I'd taken a breather.

Shad - give Sophia a cuddle for me if u catch her in a still moment.

Mel - how horrible for that man having such a bad fall. Heartbreaking.

Michelle- hope u enjoyed the fair & were cautious in the swine area, heard there's been swine flu cases.

Happy - enjoyed the photos - pretty area. & what a nice bench.

Ellen- hope you're feeling better!

Ceejay - did u get the place aired out?

Annie - how did dinner w/ c's folks go? Tasty vittles - I'm sure it went great.

G'night all.
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 07:34 AM   #35  
Happy September

GOOD MORNING CHICKS.
I HAD TO COME HERE TO BIOTCH.
I WOKE UP THIS MORNING AND MY MAIN CHAIR WON'T START.
I'VE BEEN HAVING PROBLEMS WITH IT AND CALLED THE SHOP.
WAITING FOR WEEKS FOR THE REPAIR SHOP TO CALL ME BACK.
EVEN LEFT THEM MESSAGES.
WAIT TILL THEY HEAR FROM ME TODAY.
I HAVE TO WORK TODAY. THERE IS NO REPLACEMENT.
I HAVE NO IDEA HOW I AM GOING TO FUNCTION WITH JUST ONE CHAIR.
I'LL HAVE TO MAKE A SCHEDULE OF SORTS.
MAYBE SEE IF I CAN STILL GET INTO THE MANUAL CHAIR.
THAT'S IF I CAN STILL MANEUVER IT IN THE APARTMENT.
NOT VERY WELL WITH THESE ARMS I AM SURE.

OK....I CAN DO THIS.
I AM STRONG.
I AM WOMAN.
HEAR ME ROAR!!

SHAD....I AM SO GLAD YOU ARE FINALLY THERE AND HAVE MET THE BABE OF THE YEAR
DID SOPHIA LIKE HER PRESENTS???
TAKE LOTS OF PICTURES!! BET SHE IS A CUTIE IN PERSON!
I FORGOT YOU WOULD BE COLDER BY DS2. BRING THE LONG JOHNS??
HAPPY TO HEAR YOU WILL HAVE SOME TIME TOGETHER WITH HIM BEING OFF.
GREAT IDEA ON HIS PART.
ENJOY THE TIME WATCHING YOUR BABE BEING A DADDY!!

LAURA....SO YOU WORE YOURSELF OUT ON THE BIKE??
POOR COAL WOULDN'T HAVE HAD A WALK HAD YOU SAT DOWN!! ROFL
HAPPY MONDAY
Old 08-06-2012, 12:03 PM   #36  
Choose your hard

Good morning chickers,

Another week rolls along. Went through a bunch of boxes yesterday while DH took a road trip to get some wood and brackets to stake my very tall tomato plants which want to fall over. Beside finding at least 10 boxes of pasta I also found a box of my absolute most favorite tea - it's a strong cinnamon that a friend introduced me to and the tea maker closed their doors after a hundred years in business or something like that. In any regard I will never be able to get this wonderful tea again. I have a box with 5 tea bags which I have been hoarding and now that I have 20 more, I might even share a few with DH I also found my vases so I can pick up a bunch of flowers once in a while too. And a pretty fleece jacket 2 sizes too small so incentive to lose some poundage. Now that it appears I am not good enough to employ - haven't directly been told so but I haven't heard anything so I assume I won't get the job - I think I need to give some thought as to how I want to focus my life. Just as one who is busy mourns not having enough time, having all the time in the world tends to make one drift. The days go by quickly and I am doing things, but I don't feel like I am accomplishing anything so I need to add more structure to my day. I'm not entirely disappointed about the job - I really would have preferred to work part time - 2 days a week and have a balance. I feel good about tackling the garage and making order of that. Was going to use the man cave for storage but DH has the ATV, the lawn mower, the snow plow and other things in there. It's gotten wet on the floor and the cabinets are mildewy and need to be torn out as well as the lower baseboard so right now the man cave is not a good place to put anything but metal. Pity as that was where I was going to store the stuff I wanted to sell. It's going to warm up for a few days then drop back into the ah ha wonderful cool weather we both love so I will have to push DH to walk although right now as the weather changes, that is always the worst time of year for him with pain and right now his feet are really hurting him so I don't know how much he will be into walking.

Mel - I am so sorry about your chair. Don't they understand that you day lasts far longer than the battery in only one chair? I do hope they come to their senses - would like to glue their feet to the floor and shrug my shoulders and say get along little doggies - NOW how do you like it! That's awful about that poor man breaking both hips - and with him being active before that is not a good prognosis for him.

Laura - good for you for keeping active and getting out on the bike paths. Now if only the weather would cool a bit so you could take a longer ride. This year I won't have to be jealous of your lovely forest autumn colors as we will have a bunch of our own to enjoy. Love the golds out your way - the yellows almost glow. Ok, I will stop talking about autumn in August - guess that's number 2 on the banned list after the "C" word.

Shad - that is funny that you have a flailer on your hands. I saw the pic of Sophia swaddled in the blanket, guess you have to hold her that way so she does not take a dive out of your arms. I tend to agree with you about the baby stuff - people have so much of everything that it's hard to pick out a practical gift. Same goes for those about to be wed who have been living together for years and have a fully furnished and stocked home.

Well, on with the day for me. Hello to the rest of the chicks, hope you have enjoyed your weekend.
Old 08-06-2012, 12:44 PM   #37  

Morning all.

Mel - I'm so sorry about your chair situation. I hope you can figure out a way to get another one.

Happy - So maybe it's a blessing this job may not be coming through if you really only want to work a couple days a week. Nice finds in your boxes, though ten boxes of pasta - oh my! Without the man cave to serve as storage for your "to sell" items, I guess that's very good motivation to get going on the selling! How did you plan to sell the items? Yesterday was one of the rare days in the low 80's, so a nice day for riding.

Hellos to the rest of the Worldlies!
-----
My weekend was alright - breakfast Saturday morning and then a quick trip to the resale shop. Found three mugs to serve as gag gifts for bf's bday tomorrow - one is "Over the Hill", another is "50 is Nifty" and the third says something like "After 50, the things that don't hurt no longer work". I will use one of them to hold a gift, and I think I'll just plant the other two where he'll come across them as he goes about his day.

It was icky hot and humid Saturday afternoon/evening, and after some errands and and lunch, bf and I headed home. Since I'd watered the flowers and veggies and bf had gotten the car washed, of course a storm hit, lol. Stuck inside, I spent a couple hours doing some mending w/ the sewing machine. I jotted down the model number of my machine because the package of bobbins I bought a while back are not the right ones. Now I just have to remember to put the sticky note in my wallet. Better yet, put that info into my iPhone. One of its apps is "Notes" and I have a ton of notes, one of which contains model numbers and measurments.

Saturday night bf went out to some block party with a friend, so I had popcorn for dinner and watched most of "Some Like it Hot" with Jack Lemmon, Tony Curtis and Marilyn Monroe. What a great movie.

Yesterday was lazy for the first half - reading, a load of laundry - and then I went cycling in the late afternoon. We finally got the bikes on the rack and had gathered all our other stuff and were only a few minutes from the trail when bf realized he'd forgotten his cycling shoes. They clip into the pedals and the pedals are so small that the bike really can't be ridden without the shoes. Well, apparently there's some other part that allows them to be used without the shoes, but bf didn't have that in the car either. Bf was so ticked at himself, but instead of driving back to get the shoes, he chose to wait around while I rode. I rode about 12 miles round trip, but it felt like a struggle. I'm not sure why - maybe the fact that I'd eaten no protein that day. Another annoyance was that my bike computer needs adjustment and/or perhaps a new battery - like last week, it didn't calculate my speed/distance, and then it stopped measuring my cadence partway through the ride. While it's interesting to see how fast and far I've ridden, what I really like to see are my revolutions per minute (rpm's, i.e., cadence). I like to be pedaling in the low 80's so that I know I'm getting actual exercise and not just coasting along, LOL. Bf will make the adjustments for me.

I was thinking of going to a spin class tonight, but I'll see how my legs feel tonight. Otherwise, I'll go Wed. Tomorrow we'll go out to dinner for bf's bday. Thursday I'd like to do the circuit class. I'm already a class behind on the combo pass, so I will also do a Saturday morning circuit class to get my 3 classes in this week.

Last edited by Laura705; 08-06-2012 at 12:49 PM.
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 05:09 PM   #38  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Quick check in ...

The fair was great... both days! We didn't get to see the Clydesdales because it was raining, and then get so primped up for their showing for the judges, that they won't go out in the rain. And then the next day when I went, the entire horse barn was closed to the public because a horse was very sick.

We did get to see newly hatched ducklings and chicks, 4 day old lambs (so adorable) and 2 week old piglets, and 2 week old calves. Way too cute. I did A LOT of walking both days, but I took regular sitting breaks whenever my back insisted, which was pretty often. Anyway, a great time was had by all!

Today, after work, I have to mow the back lawn...it's really long. DH just fertilized the front yard with a weed and feed, so I'll wait a few days before I mow that.

I need some good suggestions for a location to celebrate my b-day. I don't want to just go to a bar and drink....boring (at least in my opinion). I won't be having it at my house as I don't think I'll get it clean enough...plus its quite a drive for most people that I'm inviting. I'd like to do bowling or mini-golf, or there are a couple restaurants with indoor arcades that are fun (Dave & Busters is a chain restaurant that's centrally located) - kind of bring out your inner child for a play date! Or another friend suggested having it at the beach.

Do any of you have any suggestions?

============================

Mel - So sorry to hear about your chair woes. I hope it gets resolved soon. Do NOT overdue it, ok? Make it dang clear to the office and the boss that you are only as available as your chair allows you to be.

No more personals until later or tomorrow...it's just about time for this chick to fly away home.

Love and hugs,
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 05:13 PM   #39  
Happy September

I WON'T BE POSTING IN THE MORNING SO I'LL TELL THE TALE NOW.
CALLED THE SHOP AND GAVE THE LITTLE GIRL **** BUT POLITELY OF COURSE.
TOLD THEM IF THEY WANT TO LOSE ME AS A CUSTOMER HAVE THE DECENCY TO SAY SO AND I'LL TAKE MY BUSINESS ELSEWHERE. WTF #1
500 APOLOGIES BUT NONE OF THEM ANY GOOD.
THEY CAME RIGHT AWAY TO PICK UP THE CHAIR AND WHAT A MIRACLE...THEY FOUND A LOANER.
MORE APOLOGIES FROM ANOTHER PERSON.
THE PAPERWORK GOT LOST WTF #2
THE LOANER CHAIR ARRIVES.
TOO BAD IT WAS FOR A LEFT HANDED PERSON.
TOO BAD IT'S FOR A BUT THE SIZE A 10 YEAR OLD HAS.
WHAT WAS HE THINKING. HE HAD MY MEASUREMENTS. WTF #3
HE CALLED ME BEFORE I CALLED HIM....THE OFFICE WAS THAT BUSY HERE.
OOPS....SORRY I MADE A MISTAKE AND READ YOUR CHART FROM YEARS AGO.
OOPS I SAY....I HAVE NEVER BEEN THAT SMALL SINCE THE `1970'S!!!!
NEW LOANER ARRIVES. MORE APOLOGIES.
I LIKE THE LOANER AND CAN DO WITHOUT MY REGULAR CHAIR FOR NOW.
NOT EVEN SURE THE INS IS GOING TO COVER THE REPAIRS. IF NOT I AM SCREWED.
THAT PAPERWORK WILL TAKE TIME I AM SURE.
IN THE MEANTIME I AM HOLDING THIS CHAIR HOSTAGE
I FITTED IT OUT WITH SPARE PARTS I HAVE HERE.
CHANGED THE SEAT AND MAD WOODEN PEGS FOR HAND HOLDS.
I AM ALL SET TO ROCK'N'ROLL
I ALSO TOLD THEM I AM IN THE MARKET FOR A NEW CHAIR. THAT'S ANOTHER WAD OF $$ IN THEIR POCKETS...SO LETS SEE HOW LONG THIS TAKES.
JUST WANTED YOU TO KNOW THERE COULD BE A HAPPY ENDING SOMETIME THIS YEAR
HOPE YOU GALS HAVE A GREAT DAY TOMORROW.

HAPPY....I HEAR YOU ON THE DRIFTING Part. that is how i got roped into the office. there is a fine line for me between being "useful & fulfilled" and being a lazy sloth and not wanting to get out of jammies!
everyone i know retired felt the same way in one sense or anither. OOPS LOST MY CAPS.
I HOPE YOU FIND YOUR GROOVE
I KNOW HOW DH FEELS. WE'RE HAVING PAIN PROBSD WITH THIS WEATHER CHANGING SO ABRUPTLY BACK & FORTH THIS YEAR.
HOPE HE FINDS SOME PEACE.
SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT THE DAMP MAN CAVE. GUESS I'LL STAY IN NEW JERSEY
GO GET SOME FLOWERS AND MAKE A NICE VASE DISPLAY AND HAVE A CUP OF THE CINNAMON TEA!!!

LAURA............. TO THE BOYFRIEND...HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!
HOPE HE HAS A GOOD DAY IF ONLY BECAUSE HE WAITED WHILE YOU RODE 12 MILES!! LOL WHAT A GUY!!!
THE WEEKEND SOUNDED NICE. DON'T LOSE THE POST IT NOTE FOR BOBBINS!! LOL
I HAVE NOTES ALL OVER THE HOUSE AND SOMETIMES IN MY WHEELCHAIR!! LOL
POPCORN & THE MOVIE WAS EVEN NICER. IT IS A GOOD ONE.
I LOVE SOME OF THE MOVIES FROM MARILYN'S TIME....
THEY HAVE GEORGE CHAKIRIS(SP) DANCING IN THE BACKGROUND. I LOVED HIM.
HAVE A GOOD WEEK AND TOSS THE BF'S SHOES IN THE TRUNK!!!!
Old 08-06-2012, 05:17 PM   #40  
Happy September

MICHELLE....WE POSTED TOGETHER. YOUR BIRTHDAY IS IN SEPTEMBER RIGHT??? I WILL PUT MY THINKING CAP ON BUT I VOTE FOR HOTEL, THE HUBBY, SOME DRINKS AND A BEACH
SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT THE HORSES AND RAIN. GLAD YOU HAD A GOOD TIME THOUGH. HAVE A GREAT NIGHT
Old 08-06-2012, 07:15 PM   #41  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Morning all,
Think I am losing the technological plot here. All sorts of stupid things happen when I try to do something on this site. Hit a key and it bounces up or down the page, try something else, it takes me back to the forum list and I lose what I am doing. Yikes.

Anyway here are a couple of happy snaps that I took yesterday. Sorry DS1 is so fuzzy will try for better today.

Sophia - blowing bubbles

DS1 and Sophia.
She looks like she is trying to get away.

Not sure I can take the doting and fussing for a 2 week period. But I will valiantly give it a try. Better get this posted before it disappears for the third time.
Back later
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 09:33 PM   #42  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Shad
you will soon get used to the fussing. You need to spoil her as much as you can. She's a beautiful baby.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 09:47 PM   #43  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Happy
Have you called them to make sure they've hired someone. Maybe it's just taking awhile. Good job on going through all those boxes.

Laura
Good job on getting in that bike ride. Finally the smell is gone.

Mel
At least you did get a replacement chair. You should not have to go through
that ordeal each and every time.

-----
Our internet is down at work but hopefully it will be back up tomorrow afternoon. It's hard for me to get on my internet after work. Mainly cause it takes up so much of my time.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 10:36 AM   #44  
Happy September

I AM SUCH A HAPPY CAMPER. SUN IS OUT, BREEZES STILL BLOWING AND
THE BOSS IS IN HER CHAIR!! DEFINITELY DOING THE HAPPY DANCE.
BROUGHT THE BOSS UP TO DATE WITH THE BUILDING.
I AM DONE FOR THE DAY.

A MAN I KNOW IS GOING TO SEE IF HE CAN FIX THE FLAT TIRE ON ONE OF MY CHAIRS.
IT'S WORTH A TRY. I FOR SURE CANNOT DO IT

RICHIE HAS 2 DAYS OFF TO BE WITH JEN & THE KIDS.
THEY ARE HAPPY TOO.

GOING TO TAKE SOME WATER OUTSIDE AND JUST LOUNGE AROUND BEFORE THE HUMIDITY COMES.
GONNA GET US SOME MORE RAIN & CLOUDS......FOR A CHANGE.
HOPE YOU ARE ALL HAVING A VERY HAPPY DAY

SHAD...OMG!! THE BABY IS ADORABLE.
WHAT A HEAD OF HAIR!!! HOW CUTE IS THAT!
DS1 LOOKS LIKE A KID HIMSELF!!!
I PRINTED THE PICS OUT FOR JEN AGAIN.
ADD THEM TO THE SOPHIA BOOK. LOL
ENJOY THE TIME AND IGNORE THE DOTING
I WISH I WAS THERE

CEEJAY.....COMPUTERS TAKE UP TOO MUCH OF OUR LIVES!!!
I NEED TO FIND OTHER THINGS TO DO. LOL
I HOPE YOU ARE FEELINGMUCH BETTER THIS WEEK AND THE IONTERNET GETS BACK UP AT WORK

Last edited by MELODY525; 08-07-2012 at 10:36 AM.
Old 08-07-2012, 11:05 AM   #45  
Choose your hard

Morning ladies,

My pics for today -
Momma deer brought her baby around yesterday afternoon after I took off for the library book sale. This is taken from the trailcam which triggers a picture when it senses movements so no striking a pose here.

Different deer this morning who decided the turkeys need to learn how to SHARE the corn

And this one was from last night. I hear a rumble of thunder and looked out the window. It was an amazingly clear and starry night with the bright moon just climbing out of the full moon phase. Did not understand the thunderclap and then I saw a flash in the sky. There was a lone storm cloud under the moon and every few minutes it would flash some sparks. I tried to get a still pic with my camera but this was easier said than done. This pic is from a frame I snatched from a video movie I made.

My company has arrived, I will be back with personals later...