View Poll Results: Who do you think Mia Moo really is?
Bagz 1 12.50%
Peaches 1 12.50%
Kiwi 1 12.50%
Wabby 1 12.50%
Sugar 0 0%
Cherry 0 0%
one of the new girls Peaches recently scared away 1 12.50%
June 0 0%
Alexa 1 12.50%
Muse Touched Mary 2 25.00%
Voters: 8. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 03-26-2003, 12:36 PM   #31  
fatter than U

Default Forgot to tell Bagzie...

...that her whole family is ADORABLE! Are you going around singing "Anything you can do, I can do better..."?

Wish we had a mall. NB is so sophisticated.
Old 03-26-2003, 01:12 PM   #32  

I didn't realize sophistication had anything to do with malls. I've seen alot of unsophisticated ppl at our local mall. You know it's the mall that Tonya Harding practiced skating at before she whacked Nancy. How's that for sophistication??? The mall management is considering taking the skating rink out because it's a money loser. They're talking about replacing it with a roller rink. Now that's really unsophisticated.

Lush, I keep track of all the minutia of your life. And you're right. I really do have no life of my own. And now I know how often Kiwi has her septic pumped too.

Would everyone please post a whole bunch today? I need company.
Old 03-26-2003, 02:45 PM   #33  
Member w/ messiest house

Wow, Wabbit has a famous mall!! How could they tear out a landmark like the Tonya Harding Memorial (we wish) Skating Rink Where She Learned to Fight Dirty? All they need to do is put up a statue of a surly girl on skates with a baseball bat, and they'd be rolling in dough! They could sponsor Shin Whacking Nights, complete with plastic bats and shinguards!

Bet that's not the kind of company you were asking for, eh Wabbit?

Can't wait to see "Annie Get Your Gun". Oh, that's right, I can't see it, it's in a foreign country . We have an exciting weekend ahead of us. On Friday there's a free comedy concert at the high school featuring unknown comics from around the state. Hmm sounds real professional to me. Or, we could go to the local Philharmonic Club's presentation of student talent which did not think to invite my talented daughter to play. Probably because her teacher does not live in this town -- DD refused to take any kind of lessons from her elem. chorus teacher because she couldn't stand her and there weren't any other choices in town. Oh well, their loss. Oh, also we can get free Clam Chowder or Lobster Bisque supper from 4 to 6 PM just for being families of the unemployed (another dubious event). Then on Saturday, there is a "rock concert" I mean a Rock Concert of local and regional talent. Also free, because after all, we are all poor and pitiful as you know. I'll be bringing earplugs and aspirin. Updates as they come in.

Kiwi
Old 03-26-2003, 05:06 PM   #34  

Wow! Kiwi! you have so many interesting entertainment options waaaay up there in the woods. I wouldn't miss the lobster bisque. mmmmmm.

We are proud of our little Tonya, Not!

I guess I'm not in the 15 pound challenge anymore either, because I've done nothing but eat since we started (or in my case, didn't start). I'm reaaaalllly happy to hear that you're losing, Cherry. Quite well deserved, too.

I've quit listening to the news. Canadian, BBC or otherwise. I just get too depressed, and there's nothing I can do about it.

I'm trying to think of something brilliant to say, so that everyone will come and post, but nothing brilliant comes to mind. Guess I'll go see what Oprah has on her website this week.
Old 03-26-2003, 05:54 PM   #35  
The magic shrinking cow

Hello again. I'm watching Jeopardy and putting off my weight-lifting workout. I'm so depressed about this war... and I have to sit there and watch the lousy coverage all day for my job. The American media is doing such a bad job... so busy cheerleading and drooling over their equipment that I don't trust that they're getting all the facts. I just don't know what to believe.

In unimportant personal news, my school is holding an all-years reunion in Vegas in September. Do you think I could lose 35 pounds by then? (Yeah, right, nothing has worked so far.) It would be very depressing to go looking like this.
Old 03-26-2003, 07:55 PM   #36  
*kiss* *kiss* *kiss*

I only listen to NPR but that's no good either. Some guy called them to tell them they had morphed into national pentagon radio. Cherry, no one there will be cuter than you!! If you want to go, go. Maintain a proud cow attitude!!!
Old 03-26-2003, 10:20 PM   #37  
Member w/ messiest house

Ah--high school reunion -- exactly the same reason I was going to blow the doors off an exercise routine this winter/spring.

Maybe I'll still be able to get back on track if DH gets hired back. His company was finally purchased, well, not exactly finally; there are a few details to be ironed out, but things are starting to look up. At most they will employ less than half of the previous work force, but they are planning to put some money into the mill (building some new equipment), which means DH, as an engineer, may have a chance at least. So I'm crossing my fingers that he'll be back to work within a month or so. I can't believe I've lived through 3 months of this already. I've been trying to encourage him to get out of town for a week or so to have a little fun before he does have to get back to work, but he has feet of clay. He's been invited (continuously) to go visit our sailing friends who are in FL. I just wish he'd go already (not that I'm trying to get rid of him, really I'm not, but he may not get a vacation for a looooooong time once he gets back to work)

God I'm boring.

Kiwi
Old 03-27-2003, 07:31 AM   #38  
*kiss* *kiss* *kiss*

If he comes to Florida, I'll keep an eye on him for you. You're not boring, by the way. Not to me. I'm bored with My life not with yours. I'm also tired. I keeping reading things about being untired like drinking water, eating salt, sleeping enough, but what is the REALANSWER!!?? What happened to Mia Moo?
Old 03-27-2003, 09:15 AM   #39  
Most boring housewife.

Mia Moo? This is what she's had to say...."If he comes to Florida, I'll keep an eye on him for you. You're not boring, by the way. Not to me. I'm bored with My life not with yours. I'm also tired. I keeping reading things about being untired like drinking water, eating salt, sleeping enough, but what is the REALANSWER!!?? What happened to Mia Moo?"
I'm tired, too. I don't know what the answer is. Maybe not to get old. I heard that we should be getting 2 hours of sunlight a day and the fact that we don't is why we are so tired all the time. Our internal clocks never know it is daytime.
Sounds like bull to me. Anyway, all I see outside is work. I'm too tired to do all that work.
I have to take people to the dentist. My car must be done...inside and out. Then I have to go get stuff to make a gorgeous backboard for the science fair. These are my only goals for today. I'm too tired to be genuinely productive.
Pixie gets groomed tomorrow. I also plan to get my car done today.
Old 03-27-2003, 03:59 PM   #40  
fatter than U

Lightbulb Help for the Terminally Bored

How to Make the Perfect Dollop

Practice until you get it right.

Edible oil products are the ultimate in sophistication.
Old 03-27-2003, 04:54 PM   #41  
*kiss* *kiss* *kiss*

If you go outside, you get skin cancer. This is Florida after all. I'm going to look at dollops now. Maybe I'll serve them for dinner. You're all warned that I deserve birthday greeting tomorrow.

OK, I looked at the dollops and I swear they're far far too complicated.
Old 03-27-2003, 05:09 PM   #42  
Member w/ messiest house

Quote:
Originally posted by Darling_Peaches
If he comes to Florida, I'll keep an eye on him for you. You're not boring, by the way. Not to me. I'm bored with My life not with yours. I'm also tired. I keeping reading things about being untired like drinking water, eating salt, sleeping enough, but what is the REALANSWER!!?? What happened to Mia Moo?
Thanks, Peachie. The real answer is coffee.

And dollops.

That was hilarious, Sugar, I need me some fine dollops.

It is actually very springlike here today. Astonishing! My underwires are bruising my upper arms.

Hi Lushie.

Kiwi
Old 03-27-2003, 06:54 PM   #43  

Perfect dollops. Now my life is complete.

Kiwi, even if you did want to get rid of him for a few days, it would be perfectly acceptable. This has been a long winter for you, girlfriend. In fact I think I'd like to send my DH off for a few days. I miss the good old days when he used to go hunting and I had a week to do whatever I wanted to do. Not that it was anything too exciting, but I didn't cook for the whole week.

My project for the my birthday month - April - is to get some of my spider veins on my legs lazered away. I have an appointment on the 2nd. I knew you'd all want to know. You'd think I'd be just about perfect what with all the procedures I've had done, but things keep falling apart faster than I can get them pieced back together!!! At least I may be able to wear shorts this summer.

Lush, my car is clean inside and out. Not that it will last up here in wet weather world.

Coffee is the answer. I agree.
Old 03-27-2003, 09:57 PM   #44  
The magic shrinking cow

Coffee is always the answer.
Old 03-28-2003, 05:50 AM   #45  
fatter than U

Default Eat lotsa cake!

Happy Birthday to the sweetest, slimmest, youngest, most beautiful Peach of all!!

Let's all pitch in and send Peachy a pound of coffee and a tub of cool whip. She'll be awake for days.

Did I mention that I am spring cleaning today? It's awful. I've done half of the floors and now I have to run out into the garden and clean up the mess I made planting the pansies (last weekend!) before dh gets home and throws a fit. Not that I listen to him, but you know how it is.
Closed Thread