Closed Thread

Old 03-24-2003, 02:21 PM   #46  
Woman on a Mission

Hey all,

Meg and Cathy thanks so much for the words of encouragement. Milena and I had a good time shopping on Saturday even though I didn't find very much but that's okay it was still a fun day but I was pooped when I got home.

I spent most of yesterday nursing a cold which has taken the place of the monster headache but today I'm feeling not too shabby just a bit tired is all.

Cathy it sure sounds like your feeding anxiety. I know you'll gain control over it and know that we're here for you to lean on .

Meg you sound so invigorated and it's such a pleasure to read about your enthusiasm. Hope your training is going alright.

Dahlia, you feel better soon okay?

Terry, Karie, Grandma G hope all is well with you. Please post and let us know how you're doing.

Well I guess I better go back to work. I plan on getting arcyrylic nails to celebrate my hitting goal..but we'll see how that goes.

Take care,

Pam
Old 03-24-2003, 07:08 PM   #47  
Gym'll fix it!!

Just got back from shopping and i've got a splitting don't know where that came from so far today i've done O.K. although i was starving when i got back and pinched half of one of the sausage rolls i'd brought back for hubby i'm trying to psyche myself up to go on my treadmill but i can't stop ing
Pam glad you had a good day out with Milena..got any plans for the new claws?
Old 03-24-2003, 08:15 PM   #48  
Woman on a Mission

Okay Cathy you do the treadmill and I'll do my WATP tape. I'd do the treadmill but Erwin's downstairs weight lifting tonight. I was pumped on Saturday as I did 3 km in 35 mins which is a new record for me.

I bet you your headache comes from being hungry as I know that'll give me one for sure. Sounds like you've had a good day though. That's how you do it...one day at a time Cliche but true.

As for the new claws...i think I'll try and use them to whip DH into shape LOL. Knowing me I'll hurt myself worse than anybody else I'm going to try the active length and see how I make out.

Hope everyone else has had a good day.

Pam
Old 03-24-2003, 10:14 PM   #49  
Woman on a Mission

Okay Cathy I'm reporting in and reporting that I've done my tape. Let's egg each other on girlfriend

See you all in the morning,

Pam
Old 03-25-2003, 09:45 AM   #50  
Connecticut

Default Good Golly Miss Molly!

AWESOME Meg and Pam on your weight loss!!!!!! AWESOME! AWESOME! AWESOME!

Whew, got some exercise in doing the happy dance there!

Dahlia, hope you are feeling better today!

Sorry I have been AWOL -- my life is feast or famine and when I am back in the work force, there just does not seem to be enough hours in the day. Not complaining mind you as I love to work -- I just miss my computer time and my cyber buddies!

Cat, I can just see you giving DH daggers at the mere mention of "axe" -- whew, what a mess that could have been and most likely you would be in charge of clean up! Will insurance cover the cost of redoing the plumbing and the wall? Depends on your deductable I assume.

Susan Powter with a nose ring and roots? Yuck! I guess she is trying to resurrect her past 15 minutes of fame.

Now, now, Pam and Cathy, claws, huh??? Behave, women! But, then again, that's not always fun either!

Be back in a minute ........
Old 03-25-2003, 10:09 AM   #51  
Connecticut

Ok, needed another fix of caffeine ....

Cathy, I think you need a good dose of spring fever to psyche you up, girlfriend. Give it time -- the motivation will come back. I am finding it hard too, and am really just concentrating on portion/snack control and am really, really trying to get in some form of exercise every day even if it's just 20 minutes on the treadmill. Pick me up off the floor because I am actually -- do I dare say it??!! -- starting to look forward to it. This has NEVER happened before. One step at a time .....

I am so fixated on watching war coverage and cannot seem to draw myself away from the TV and radio. I have such mixed feelings about it all too. Very scary times. It reminds me of the American Civil War when towns people brought picnic lunches to watch the battles thinking it was going to be a 2-day war. Pathetic. I guess the logistics of live TV coverage fascinates me from a production point of view (comes from my marketing and TV background). It just seems so surreal too. Also, having a son who will register for the draft when he turns 18 in a few months is not good for my nerves. Some of his friends are going into the Marines after graduation. But, yet I still watch it .....

OK, enough on that...

Time to do the treadmill -- already vacummed and cleaned the house, did laundry, etc. Then it's off to work I go. I hate coming home at night and having to do all kinds of chores -- too pooped to pop.

Boy, talk about rambling here -- made up for my absence!

Later gators!

Have a great day everyone .... Terry
Old 03-25-2003, 10:18 AM   #52  

Terry - you go with the cleaning. I bought "Real Simple" magazine, and it had a lot of tips on keeping the house clean, breaking it down into things to do each day, week, and quarterly. I started it on Sunday, and it is working so far. I tend to be kind of a slob, so I am willing to try anything!

I am CONSTANTLY listening to National Public Radio war coverage. Dan and I have also adopted a sailor to send care packages to. I figure that we don't have children, so this is a good way to support someone that perhaps doesn't have people at home writing them. It was really fun putting the first package together - gum, microwave popcorn, crystal light, etc. I am hoping that our sailor will email us with music they are interested in, and then Dan can burn a bunch of CDs.

I was a bad girl and didn't work out yesterday, but I took our cat Sneak to the vet - I thought she was having a seizure - which apparently she was. They said if it happens again we will have to put her on medication. It was really scary. I have never seen her act that way before!

I am planning on working out tonight - I have to try and make it a part of my day - not just go home and watch reruns of Law and Order!!!!

Hope everyone is doing well. Hi to Pam, Cat, Grandma G, & Dahlia.

Talk to you later - Meg
Old 03-25-2003, 10:27 AM   #53  

Hey guys - one other thing. I don't really know the size everyone is, but I have 2 pairs of size 16 pant and 1 size 16 skirt from Target. Pants are plain black, black with white stripes, and skirt is grey (short). Now that I think of it, I also have a pair of black velvet pants in a 16 as well. Let me know if you are interested.
Old 03-25-2003, 12:27 PM   #54  
Domestic Engineer

Hello girls!!
Remember me?? Just thought I would check in say hello to you all! I'm not in weight-loss mode at this point, but will be soon I'm due in just under a month now...

My computer was down for several months, but I have lurked a bit off and on the past while. Glad to see you guys still here!

I'll be in touch more now and I can't wait to join you again.

Emily
Old 03-25-2003, 12:39 PM   #55  

Emily - it is so nice to hear from you!!!!

It has been such a long time! I hope that all is going well, and that you will join us again soon - we miss you!

Meg
Old 03-25-2003, 02:40 PM   #56  
Woman on a Mission

Emily,

I was just thinking of you the other day and was going to email you to see if that little bundle of joy had come early or not! I'm so glad to hear from you and know that you're doing well.

Keep in touch and welcome back!

Pam
Old 03-25-2003, 03:53 PM   #57  
Gym'll fix it!!

Hi Girls..wish i'd come back last night now i might have found the motivation that i needed instead i went out on the property to join hubby who was burning tree stumps so we stood around the bonfire and drank BEER a few more than the 3 i had allowed myself so that 'blew' my day!! I did'nt exercise either i figured some fresh air would help with the it might have done but the beer certainly did'nt...today I AM going to stay on track and get some exercise in if i come back tomorrow and say that i have'nt then please by all means give me a rollicking.
Terry we're not bothering with insurance it will cost less to fix than the deductable is anyway..hubby replaced the pipe and now that everything is drying out the smell is almost gone too you can imagine what that was like..the leaking pipe was from the bathroom sink..kitchen sink and dishwasher
Emily..nice to hear from you again i bet you can't wait to welcome the new addition to the family..wanna girl? or not bothered? i'm a granny now if you look back at some of the posts you'll see my new grand-daughter's pic.
Old 03-26-2003, 09:25 AM   #58  
Connecticut

Default Happy Wednesday!!

Morning everyone

Hey, Emily, you're pregnant (as if you didn't know )!! Long time no see ... and welcome back! Now I am excited because we are going to have a new addition and soon it seems. I hope you are feeling well -- I bet the boys must be excited too.

OK, Cat, are we back on track today?? You said to ask -- just start with one part of your plan and then when that's under your belt, add another. You'll do it -- have patience, girlfriend!

Morning Pam, Meg and Dahlia -- hope you are feeling better, Dahlia.

Meg, I love that magazine -- a lot of good ideas in there. I find if I just keep "decluttering" everynight before bed, it helps tremendously in the morning. Of course, having a cleaning lady would help even more!

All is well -- down 1.5 lbs this morning. The scale is so erratic lately, that it will probably be up 3 tomorrow. Managed to get in some exercise yesterday (2 mile WATP and run/walk for a half mile on the treadmill).

Running late today so let me sign off now -- hope everyone has a great day. Managed to see a little bit of Celine last night (basketball was on -- love BB!) -- what a gig she has!

Later gators!

Love, T
Old 03-26-2003, 09:58 AM   #59  

Terry - that is so true about decluttering every night. Last night I only had to pick up a few things in 3 rooms, and wipe down the kitchen counter and bathroom sink with one of those clorox wipes. I love those things! Once again, when I got up this morning, the house was perfectly clean. - although it is alot easier with only two people!

I got on the scale this morning, and saw I have gained a few pounds. But, considering that I have cheated, and had some sugar, I knew it was coming. So, I am making a pledge today to do hardcore Atkins until my birthday (May 2), on which day I will feel free to have a piece of cake. No sugar or processed carbs until then. Only protein and veggies for me!

I am also going to start bringing my lunch to work more. That should help me stay on track...

Cat - you back on track today? Let us know.

Hope everyone has an OP day, and I will check in again later!
Meg
Old 03-26-2003, 01:41 PM   #60  
Gym'll fix it!!

Yaaayyy!! Terry another 1.5lbs gone..you are doing so well in all the time i have "known" you i don't think you've ever been as committed to doing this as you are now..YOU GO GIRL! Maybe when we both get to goal we should go on a shopping trip to New York and buy some funky new clothes..cropped tops and bellbottoms? sound like fun?
You know what? when i said you should give me a rollicking if i don't stay on track? well..it worked! i was shopping all day (always a good thing for keeping me on track) and when i got home i was starving and just snacked on 2 wholewheat buns until i made dinner..usually i hit the sweet stuff when i'm like that then i kept thinking that i'd not exercised and i would have to tell you so today so i put dinner on hold and walked for 2 miles it meant that i had a late dinner but i was still only around 1200cals and 18g fat for the day..so i'm back on track and i've got my enthusiasm back to do this btw..i watched Celine too and i was'nt overly impressed..she was good but there did'nt seem any rhyme or reason to it..there did'nt seem any connection to the songs she was singing and the choreography..or maybe i was missing something..did'nt like the new 'do' either...hubby called it the "Princess Di Do" i have enjoyed her 'ordinary' concerts much more.
Closed Thread