Closed Thread

Old 03-15-2012, 11:48 AM   #91  

Quote:
Originally Posted by K9Owner View Post
have I confused everyone with my schedule or what??
Plan: fast started this morning @ 5am. Plan to do 16 hrs
Gym time this morning to finish up my pathetic excuse of a workout yesterday.
My ar$e is tired! My quads are screaming from squats.
Sleep today. Work tonite.

I will try to fast Fri for 16 as well & maybe Sat.
I also work Sat nite & Sun nite

We can do this fast today!!!
Keep yourselves busy as possible!
Thanks for the update I can't seem to keep track of you! Good luck fasting today. Sounds like you will be done right around the time you go into work or just a little after? That will probably work out great. Give you a little leeway at work.
My stomach started rumbling around 11, but better now. I am determined to make it all the way this time
Old 03-15-2012, 12:49 PM   #92  
Lifelong Alaskan!

S/C/G: 230/180/150

Height: 5'5"

good morning i read about fartleks on a running site and always wondered what it was LOL love the name...didnt know it was a run/walk

krystal i keep track of my mileage on the treadmill so if i warm up til 0.23 miles then i will run until 1.23 miles so it equals an actual mile RAN...then if i break for a .02 or .05 distance i add it to what i run next to equal another half mile etc....if that makes sense? so that i'm actually RUNNING the correct distance even if i take walk breaks in between some of it...the walk breaks are short though, like i said, .02 or .05 of a mile, maybe 2 minutes walking or something

im coughing less today....i took some meds w/codeine last night that had been prescribed for my last bout of bronchitis...it helped me sleep, which in turn i think helps the inflammation heal...i get bronchitis like some ppl get the sniffles...pretty frequently, at least once a year or more...as long as it's not pneumonia, we're good lol

counting down the days until spring break next week when i dont work and the boys stay home...usually i take a student or two at home to watch and bring in some money but this year i'm not doing that...ive worked every single day this year, not ONE sick day since school started....i've worked through bronchitis as well as four massive ear infections (basically one that kept returning) and have gone to work so hopped up on meds that i could barely function but i was STILL THERE because there's no one that can fill in for me...so i am NOT working next week at all lol

going to rest a bit and then go to the gym...i am doing one mile today...i alternate days, one mile, then 1 1/2 mile, then 2 miles (since i can do that now) and whatever is left of my 45 minutes is spent incline walking 15% at speeds 3.0 to 3.8
Old 03-15-2012, 01:22 PM   #93  
Fat to Fab and Fit

S/C/G: 190/151.2/122

Height: 5'3"

LOL Krystal in my post that got swallowed by my computer I asked when you were working...

Jo I am doing incredibly well today. I had so much energy during my walk this morning that I ran the last 1/2 mile to my car.... I ate yesterday between 12noon and 3:30 pm... I packed in 1400+ calories and I could not eat anything else, I was stuffed. I was a bit hungry around 8 pm when everyone else was having their late night snack. I was tiny bit hungry this morning, but once I got moving and walking, it went away. I have been running around all day...now I only have 2 hours to go! I think I will do this 3:30-3:30 again...seems to work really well for me. I think tomorrow I will fast until 11:30 and then finish eating by 4:30. Scale was between 148.5-149 this morning, and I am totally happy about it

I am making tomato/mozzarella/basil salad as my 3:30 pm snack and then I will eat with family around 6 pm.

Is it getting easier for you? -- Some say that stomach does not shrink (Krystal; does it?), but I feel I can eat lesser amount even after a week + of IF.

Last edited by Sum38; 03-15-2012 at 01:32 PM.
Old 03-15-2012, 03:49 PM   #94  
Lifelong Alaskan!

S/C/G: 230/180/150

Height: 5'5"

for some reason i had a really difficult workout today...like i had NO stamina or something...it was weird...i wonder if my cough is affecting it....i planned to run just a mile...i ran 70% of it and stopped to walk a minute or two, then ran the last 30%...i just felt like i couldnt keep going the whole mile....then i did high incline walking for another 20-some minutes and even that was harder to push through...im not sure if it was a mental thing or physical or partly both...but it was unusual
Old 03-15-2012, 05:10 PM   #95  

Hi girls, I am having a great day!
I said I wasn't going to overdo today, but I had to keep busy so I did a complete house cleaning
I have not stopped. It's going to be a big calorie burn today, too bad I am not wearing my bodybugg.
Still fasting, one hour to go and I have to say I have done remarkably well, I could probably go the rest of the night if I had to, but I won't because I want to eat
I had some grumbles around 11 that went away quickly and then around 4, I started to get tired, thinking about food so I cleaned the fridge . My house is going to really benefit from this fasting thing!

Alaskan, do you take any days off with your varied running distances? Bummer about the lack of energy today, I have days like that too. I usually just give up and try again the next day. It is usually right before TOM.
Oh, is it called a Fartlek? I thought it was a Fartleg!!! I guess that sounds a little better, still weird, but better.
I hope you have a great week off next week!
Sum, glad I am not the only one trying to keep track of Krystal!
Great job today! Was this the first or second time you made all 24 hours? Not sure if I feel full faster yet or not. I know I have to eat slowly, I seem to want to inhale when I am done

Okay, have to get the meat ready for the grill. I am going to be the idiot outside with thunderstorms rolling all around (not here yet) with the metal tongs in my hand Hey, I haven't eaten in 24 hours, I will do what I have to do!!!
Old 03-15-2012, 05:25 PM   #96  
~Krystal~

S/C/G: ~175/Too Much/~~ABS

Height: 5'3.5"

24 hrs, Jo!!!!
That is remarkable
Alaskan: I have days like that too! Bummer for sure! Prob a mixture of coughing & lack of sleep! Hopefully that clears up when ur hubby returns home.
Strange...I am usually encouraging mine to leave the house for a day or 2 or a week. So NOT happening!!

I haven't slept well today I'll pay for it later!
IDK if you all remember or not, but last year, I sort of had a trainer friend who I went to high school with. We played tennis together & ran a lot of days.
Anyway, since December work, life, family, prior comitments etc has kept us from running or seeing each other.
I am so completely saddened by this, b/c we are such great friends & really push each other to the workout breaking point.
I think I have been secretly emotionally overeating b/c of this seperation!
It really sux!
Old 03-15-2012, 05:30 PM   #97  
~Krystal~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sum38 View Post
Is it getting easier for you? -- Some say that stomach does not shrink (Krystal; does it?), but I feel I can eat lesser amount even after a week + of IF.
Medically speaking....I seriously don't know the answer to this.
Common Sense Answer: Yes! I would not think everyone's stomach could hold the same amount of food. & when you train it to expect less, what choice does it have but to get smaller or at least stop expecting so much!
Old 03-15-2012, 05:44 PM   #98  
Fat to Fab and Fit

Ahh...food coma and a glass of wine
Old 03-16-2012, 07:28 AM   #99  

Did someone say "wine"?
Old 03-16-2012, 09:59 AM   #100  
~Krystal~

mmmmm vino!!

I fasted 13.5 hrs Thurs, with 10 of those being waking hours for me. I consider it a win Not going to do Fri, but will plan another 16 hr fast Sat!

I hope u all have a marvelous wknd. I'm going to sleep!
Gym tonight!
Old 03-16-2012, 11:55 AM   #101  
Fat to Fab and Fit

WINE!!! I HAD SOME WINE! Aaah!

I need wine today tho...I am soooo sad for Cam. -- We live in a school district that only has one high school and the whole district is sports crazy. We have incredible facilities and fields. Our school finishes always on top.... not bragging here, but just saying how competitive the district is

Cam loves baseball, just loves it. He is lefty and pitches. He is quite young for his class (thanks England for messing my plans up ...we lived in London)...anycase.... last year he was one of the last kids to get cut of of the freshman baseball team (out of 100 or so for a team of 12) and he was cut because he was quite small as a freshman...5'3"... this year he is sporting size 15 foot and is around 5'10". He has a wicked curve ball, and hits the sweet spots.... coaches WANT him....

Sad part; his elbow has been hurting. Our very good friend is a pediatric orthopedics surgeon...we called him last night and asked if we could see him today. --Turns out Cam has a torn ulnar collateral ligament aka Tommy Jones... I feel so bad for him. He has a great disposition and is an over all a delight. He took it really well. But my heart aches. Dr said he could play 1st base and hit, but knowing the coaches they want to build a team where everyone is a pitcher as well
Old 03-16-2012, 12:07 PM   #102  

Quote:
WINE!!! I HAD SOME WINE! Aaah!

I need wine today tho...I am soooo sad for Cam. -- We live in a school district that only has one high school and the whole district is sports crazy. We have incredible facilities and fields. Our school finishes always on top.... not bragging here, but just saying how competitive the district is

Cam loves baseball, just loves it. He is lefty and pitches. He is quite young for his class (thanks England for messing my plans up ...we lived in London)...anycase.... last year he was one of the last kids to get cut of of the freshman baseball team (out of 100 or so for a team of 12) and he was cut because he was quite small as a freshman...5'3"... this year he is sporting size 15 foot and is around 5'10". He has a wicked curve ball, and hits the sweet spots.... coaches WANT him....

Sad part; his elbow has been hurting. Our very good friend is a pediatric orthopedics surgeon...we called him last night and asked if we could see him today. --Turns out Cam has a torn ulnar collateral ligament aka Tommy Jones... I feel so bad for him. He has a great disposition and is an over all a delight. He took it really well. But my heart aches. Dr said he could play 1st base and hit, but knowing the coaches they want to build a team where everyone is a pitcher as well
Oh, I am so sorry for you and DS. My heart is breaking right along with you. I know how important sports are to them at that age and it sounds like he has some real talent. So he wouldn't be able to pitch this year, what about Junior, Senior year? Is this something that will always be an issue?
Old 03-16-2012, 12:14 PM   #103  

My DS is a sophomore too and is in tryouts this week. They are already throwing and pitching and although they tell them they are not supposed to be throwing their hardest yet, they are clocking the kids speeds already. So my DS is supposed to not throw his hardest fastball, but you are clocking them? wth? I know they are trying to see what talent they have, but those joints are so fragile and most of these kids haven't thrown in a long while, he hasn't thrown any type of ball all winter and he wonders why his shoulder is so sore when he gets home???? We've been icing and using ibuprofen all week. I can certainly see how easy it would be to get an injury right now. Makes me worry a little more than I already do
Old 03-16-2012, 04:22 PM   #104  
Fat to Fab and Fit

So much asked of these young kids.

Cam would like to play, but he is so academically sound that he will get a full ride to a college anyways. He is 15 going on 35, he knows baseball won't be his career. I am proud of him how well he is handling this.
Old 03-16-2012, 06:22 PM   #105  

Quote:
So much asked of these young kids.

Cam would like to play, but he is so academically sound that he will get a full ride to a college anyways. He is 15 going on 35, he knows baseball won't be his career. I am proud of him how well he is handling this.
Good for him, sounds like you are a lucky mom!
Closed Thread