Closed Thread

Old 03-03-2012, 09:33 AM   #91  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sum38 View Post
I have a question and need your opinion, please?

I have followed and tracked my food now, quite well, for 3 months. The first 20 days of my cycle (starting with TOM) I do well; stay OP and keep things in check. -- My 2 vegetarian, 6 higher protein and one one spurge day seems to work well and weight keeps dropping off...and then I hit pre the TOM days. Even a few years ago, my PMS cravings were limited to the day before of TOM, Now it is 7-9 day out of control cravings....I think I am heading for the menopause ugh...

My questions is; last week I had a fast day a few days before TOM and it stopped my downward spiral. -- I have been reading about IF and wondering if I were to follow the IF eating style for 7-9 days before TOM...would it be too drastic? I would do 24 fast once or twice in a week and only have 4 hour eating window during the other days... Would this completely mess me up? Be dangerous?

I am so upset that I get this horrid PMS.

Scale is back down to 148.5...but those drastic ups are really draining. I guess I should take it as part of the journey and as long as I am losing, I should focus on big picture...
Oh Kristiina, I feel your pain! I am the same exact way. I do great most of the month with the exception of a hungry day or two right around ovulation, but then when PMS hits, I am a mess. I have said a few times before, I think I have gained all of my weight during PMS every month. And I think it was enough extra calories every month to slowly pack on the pounds. Other than the time right before my period, I really am a pretty healthy, normal eater. And yes, mine is usually 7-10 days before, typically 7 lovely days.
To answer your question, no I don't think that will mess you up. I think if fasting is something that interests you, you think you can do it and you think it will help your cravings, go for it. I think it would be an interesting experiment! Everyone is different and you don't know what will work for you without trying it!
Congrats on getting back down on the scale!
Old 03-03-2012, 11:11 AM   #92  

I was looking at Sum's weight graph, so I decided to go add one with my weights added in from about feb 5th. Have I been on a roller coaster or what? Some of that variability is due to spiking, but seriously, I have GOT to get out of these 170s!!! They are driving me bonkers
Now I just have to figure out how to add new weights. . .
Old 03-03-2012, 06:40 PM   #93  
~Krystal~

S/C/G: ~175/Too Much/~~ABS

Height: 5'3.5"

TOM IS THE DEVIL IN A RED CAPE WIF RED HORNS AND A PITCHFORK!!
Old 03-03-2012, 10:29 PM   #94  

S/C/G: 197/182/167 final goal 155

Height: 5'3"

Sum, I wish I could again do a water only fast as easily as I did once or twice in highschool/college. I really think it helps to flush toxins and cravings. I do think that IF by 4-6 hours helps as well.

K9O I agree about TOM! I was always irregular so sometimes I had no idea what was causing certain, shall we say, moods and and body hate.

Jo, I think I can say yes to all but 5 or so of those symptoms/effects of low D3.
I was so excited when I Googled and read several sites. I told a friend who has hypertension to look into D3 also, since it's suppose to be helpful with regulating that as well.

We ate at Ponderosa's for a Birthday celebration this afternoon. I had almost 2000 cals, which is okay for Saturday, and I did eat mainly meats and veggies, but I can still taste the salt and hidden sugars! Oh well, it makes twice this week that I've done 0ver 1850 cals. I hope this is not a trend!
Somebody stop me, please!
Old 03-04-2012, 08:31 AM   #95  
Fat to Fab and Fit

S/C/G: 190/151.2/122

Aren't the tickers cute Jo? -- I figured to use that one instead of MFP; i will use it once per week there.... I was constantly gaining and shedding the same pound, and it sounded too impressive I hope your tail bone is feeling better.... I laughed at your ice pack in panties comment. And I felt really sorry for you! -- Injuries just suck!! We don't deserve them when we are working this hard!!!!

Deb My girlfriend is doing GREAT with vitamin D. she is naturally a high energy person but she went for a year when she was just exhausted all the time. she was tested for million things and finally her vitamin D and BAM, her quality of life increased!

Are you getting close to TOM Deb? -- Did you see how Jo and I (and I think Krystal) as well all react? Take a fast day; that what cut my cycle. I ate dinner and then fasted until dinner next day.... It did wonder's for me.

Krystal; I am for your behalf! TOM is our worst enemy. It is bad enough to have IT, but then the weight gain, bloat ugh.... I gained 5.5 pounds; I hope that makes you feel better
Old 03-04-2012, 08:49 AM   #96  
Fat to Fab and Fit

I had very busy 2 days. Interesting days as well.

DD's High School had their annual music festival and I always volunteer for it. -- Last time I saw many of the other band mom's was on December 3rd; band kids had their over night party....and it was my turning point night what came to my weight loss journey. TOM had just started and it had caused massive water gain; I think I was nearing 165 pounds with bloat and hormones...I looked and felt miserable and I had NOTHING that fit me... do December 4th my serious journey started....

Now 3 months later, almost to a date, we had the festival and I had not seen these moms during that time. OMG what the reaction was! -- Now with my weight loss, I have so many more clothes to wear and I am dressing up pretty nice each time I go out in public. -- I wore my size 8 jeans (the ones that are actually 10 - ) and they fit me really nice, look and size wise. I wore a nice tank top and super cute jacket and 3 1/2 inch heels -- I looked even thinner than I actually am (and my bloat was gone!!).

Many moms were really happy for me and asking how I did it, what I eat, saying that' is it "I am going back to the gym and eating right" etc. And then there were the few that are just infuriating The ones who were very short with me when I was thin last time, got super nice to me when I got fat, and now that I am getting thin, they are back to being a$$wipes...hehe. Jealousy is a green eyed monster.

I find it sad that many women feel such hostility towards other woman's success. It is not that this has been easy for me (as you all know since you hear me b1tch and moan each and everyday;hehe)... For the day, I had brought my own stuff to eat, stuck to my green tea, whilst "the mean moms" were eating pizza, drained 4-5 cans of coke etc. I wish I could eat like that

Sorry about the rant. -- Overall it was a very positive experience. I think I made some new recruits for MFP.
Old 03-04-2012, 01:19 PM   #97  
Lifelong Alaskan!

S/C/G: 230/180/150

Height: 5'5"

i think this site is working from home again...i think it's because DH put more memory in my computer...sadly my new iPhone has more memory than my computer does LOL the site seems to run fine from home at the moment

im still running...been alternating between running 2 miles one day, and the next day running 1 mile plus 25 minutes at a 15% incline on the treadmill at a fast walking pace...i can run one mile without stopping now...when i do the 2 miles i run one mile without stopping, walk fast for a minute, run a half mile, walk fast for a minute, run the other half mile...it's KILLER omg lol but i'm getting better slowllyyyy at the endurance of it...i wish for the day that i can just hop on and run 4 miles no problem lol

my weight has held steady between 195-199 for two months now...which is amazing for me...ive never held at my lowest weight for so long, it's always come right back on as soon as i slack off...and i havent been slacking off

and then i look ahead and think "can i continue to NOT slack off for my Whole Entire Life?" ugghhh lol
Old 03-04-2012, 06:32 PM   #98  
Fat to Fab and Fit

WooHoo, Alaskan is back!

Krystal: Did you get your hair done? I just added some darkness to mine.... I have it darker underneath and she added some really cool big chunky low lights to the top. -- it looks pretty radical, but I have always been quite adventurous with my hair

It is Sunday night and I survived another weekend. I hate TOM. I wish each week were to be calm sailings like this week.

Last edited by Sum38; 03-04-2012 at 06:34 PM.
Old 03-04-2012, 09:02 PM   #99  
~Krystal~

Hi ladies, quick post from me, as I am getting ready to head back to the hospital for the evening.
I decided to skip my date with Spike this week.
I have eaten so poorly all friggin week due to TOM and his sabotaging. @ the end of the day--IT IS CALS IN vs CALS OUT!

On a better note, this past week marked a pivotal accomplishment in my exercise regime over 20 hours of formal exercise and over 4000 cals burned according to my HRM.

All that and a 5 lb weight gain. Each day I've weighed since Thurs, I've gained 1 lb!!!
I am now at 146.8
My eating has been better towards the end of the week, much better than at the beginning of last week. UGH!
My breakdown is supposed to be 40:30:30
& this week, it was more like 60:20:20
Mostly processed carbs too.
I made the BIGGEST mistake ever by bringing 2 boxes of Cheerios into my house! Flavored ones to boot!
I sooooo know better than this!!
I feel like I have a huge watermelon in my abdomen & you can no longer see my little 4 pack
TOM has not been this brutal in a while!!

Kristiina:: I totally think it's acceptable to do a fast. I have MFP friends who fast 4-5 days a week like that!
Just 1 meal/day and cal intake is like 1500 of mostly protein. They are lifters and spikers.

Jo: I do hope you are feeling better and that your bum is healing. to you, gf!!

Alaskan: AWESOME job with the I'm glad you checked in!!! So glad to hear you have been staying OP!!

LoveofSelf: STEP AWAY FROM THE RESTAURANT!!
No bad trends allowed here! Thank Jesus for a Monday, right!!!!

We will ALL do better next week!!
New thread, New Month, New Week, New Perspective!!

Last edited by K9Owner; 03-04-2012 at 09:04 PM.
Old 03-04-2012, 09:08 PM   #100  
~Krystal~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sum38 View Post

Krystal: Did you get your hair done? I just added some darkness to mine.... I have it darker underneath and she added some really cool big chunky low lights to the top. -- it looks pretty radical, but I have always been quite adventurous with my hair
Yes! About 3 months ago, I colored all of it a chocolate/red. It was kind of a brown with a hint of deep red--like crimson. But now, alot of the color has faded. I've been tanning. It looks fabulous! I have some blonde streaks in it, but I am ready to add some more blonde streaks, so that by the time summer is here, I am back to the blonde me!
I like it, it is just a tad to dark for the sassiness!
Old 03-05-2012, 07:49 AM   #101  

Hi Girls, quickly checking in this morning.
I ended up doing a spike yesterday after figuring out my calories for the week and it was fun and delicious and now this morning I am ready to be back on my plan.
Feeling much, much better. The only thing I can't do is sit all the way back in a chair straight. I have to sit on one hip or the other and that is getting really annoying to my back. Can't wait until I can comfortably sit straight in my chair with my laptop on my lap where it belongs. I feel like a contortionist.
My calorie burns have not been too bad, yesterday I burned 2400 with no formal exercise, so if I can get the eating right, I should still be able to lose weight. My body should be rejoicing at all this rest. Sometime this week, I will try getting on the treadmill for an easy walk to see how it feels. Today I have to go for my mammogram and do some errands, so probably not today, don't want to do too much too soon.
Ok, gotta run, be back later to catch up with you guys. . .
Old 03-05-2012, 04:45 PM   #102  
Fat to Fab and Fit

Hello,

Another OP day going here....oh so easy without TOM

Scale was at 148 lbs; I was at 146.5 before TOM started belly aching nearly 2 weeks ago.

I walked with poles again this morning (Pole dancing comes later ), they really add some difficulty. My arms feel like they got a workout. We also did some lunges. I did 96.

Jo, nice to hear your tail is feeling better I hope it is just bruised!

Krystal, 146 Gotta kick that TOM outta your house

So IF it is then for me, starting the 20th of this month. Thanks ladies!
Old 03-05-2012, 07:55 PM   #103  
~Krystal~

Sorry this post is late, ladies, but I haven't been awake very long.
Here's the new thread
Slow Dancing {9}
Closed Thread