Old 11-23-2011, 01:21 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 242/ 242/200

Height: 5'7

Unhappy i just cant stop

i try not to eat much and i did really good for like two days but after thoes to days i just wanted to eat and i think when im eating i need to stop but its so hard theres always food in my house especially alot of breads and sweets and i see them and i just want them i feel so sad and guilty and very fat after i need help to stop but i just dont know how and im ashamed im 18 i should be haveing my best years now but all i do is feel bad what do i do
fadeingangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 01:27 AM   #2  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

When you say you "try not to eat much", can you give an example of what that looks like?

Often, if you overrestrict (eat too little), your brain will literally flood you with cravings for food, making it harder to resist the temptations in your house. If you eat a more moderate, sensible plan, it may be easier to stick with.
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 01:36 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 335/see ticker/135

Height: 5'7 -171ish cm

when i was trying to eat only 1200 calories a day i had the same problem, good for a couple days but constantly thinking of food and than id just eat and eat. maybe you're eating so little your body betrays you , maybe trying counting the calories you eat on a good day and seeing how low it is?
CherryQuinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 04:49 AM   #4  
This time, it's forever..

S/C/G: 187/154/120

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by fadeingangel View Post
i try not to eat much and i did really good for like two days but after thoes to days i just wanted to eat and i think when im eating i need to stop but its so hard theres always food in my house especially alot of breads and sweets and i see them and i just want them i feel so sad and guilty and very fat after i need help to stop but i just dont know how and im ashamed im 18 i should be haveing my best years now but all i do is feel bad what do i do
Friend, you are too hard on yourself. Don't tell yourself, you CAN'T have that. Yes you can eat chocolate and lose weight, but you can't eat a chocolate EVERYDAY and expect to lose weight. Have averything, just in moderation.

I totally understand with all the food in the house. I too love bread and sweets and so does the rest of my household. Yes it's really, really hard resisting but you know what, after you lose your first 5 or 10 pounds and see the difference in your body and your confidence, you will have new will power.

You CAN do this.

Hugs
melodymist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 04:28 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 242/ 242/200

Height: 5'7

thanks everyone. and im not eating to litle i eat three times a day with an ampel for a snack but im just so use to eating all the time
fadeingangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 12:34 AM   #6  
This time, it's forever..

S/C/G: 187/154/120

Height: 5'6

Stay strong friend! Looking forward to your posts
melodymist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 06:54 PM   #7  
Empress/Queen

I agree with everyone else. Even though you say you are not eating too little, your brain says you are. By that I mean, maybe you are eating the correct amount biologically but there are a lot of factors that go into cravings and how many calories we eat and how many times a day, etc. You can train your body and mind eventually to reach the right balance of how much you are eating versus how much you are burning, but it is really hard to do and takes time.

Could you just add in a little more protein or something with that apple at midmorning and eat a snack in the afternoon as well and a small late night bite before going to sleep?

Just up the cals and the number of times you eat in the day a bit. See if that helps and if it impacts your weight loss effort for better or worse.

I bet you'd be surprised.

Whenever you have negative thoughts about this journey, thinking all the time about how bad you are doing, that also could be sabotaging you. Do you think it might be a good idea to write down in a journal during the day every time you do anything at all that is positive towards losing weight. Say if you turn down a sweet thing when someone offers it, or take an extra walk (even to take out the trash when you might not have done that normally counts), everything you can think of that you did well in the day towards the journey.

You maybe need to change your thinking a little from negative to positive and it might help. Maybe?

Blessings on thy journey ...
Amarantha2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 07:28 PM   #8  
Sufferer of abibliophobia

S/C/G: 206/ticker/150

Height: 5'7"

I had to step down gradually on my calorie intake. I think I was eating over 3000 a day, so when I started tracking for the first couple of weeks I went to 2500. Then 2000, 1800, now I'm down to between 1200-1500. Some days I have to force myself to eat even 1200. Me a few months ago would have died at the thought of eating that little!

Also, I started working out before I started eating better. I was working out for a solid month before I started adjusting my diet. Working out will release endorphins in your body and give you a mental boost. My knee started hurting, so I took a break from the gym and I'm going CRAZY at home all the time now! lol Never thought I'd say that!
pockets is offline   Reply With Quote