Old 08-12-2011, 09:15 AM   #16  

We are ok but no internet for 2 days doing this from my phone will be back to posting when they get it fixed!!!
gma22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 10:03 AM   #17  

Good Morning, Flowers! It rained another 1/2" during the night and it looks like it could rain again -- dark and cloudy. It's a cool 60 degrees in my corner of the world this morning. I never made it to the grocery store yesterday; a neighbor came over to bring Maddy's picture from the newspaper and we visited too long. So the grocery store is on for this morning.

Susan -- I hope your pt really helps your knee get back in shape quickly. Do you have to do exercises at home?

Maggie -- What ingredients do you use for frozen yogurt? We have a restaurant that serves a choice of 2 different flavors (out of 8 or 10) each week. To me it looks like DQ ice cream.

"Gma" -- I hope your internet is fixed SOON! I'm glad you could check in from your phone.

I'm off to the grocery store as soon as I pull jeans from the dryer! Have a fantastic Friday and enjoy!
Jean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 11:18 AM   #18  
Thin Within

Talking Finally Friday

GOOD MORNING MAGNOLIAS

It is clouding up again here in the Heartland and we may get some more rain. Will is at the Jeep place waiting for them to finish putting it back together. Hopefully this will fix the shifting problem. The cilanoid (sp) was giving false readings saying it was too hot so it was messing up the shifting pattern. Anyway they put in a new part and we will see if that fixed the problem. Bless his heart for Will set the coffee pot to have hot coffee for me when I got up. What a guy ~ a definite keeper. That chicken I baked last evening is so good I don't know why I don't do it that way more often. I just sprayed a couple brest tenders with olive oil spray and then rolled them in lemon pepper panko and baked them. Served them with green beans and rice and cottage cheese and fresh pineapple spears. Life is good ~ now to figure out what to do for dinner this day.

DONNA FAYE So you have an outage. Bet the folks that depend on the internet for their business are going loopy. Be safe and we will be here when you get back.

JEAN I have several good frozen yogurt recipes. Next time I make frozen yogurt I plan on using this WW recipe that I got out of their magazine. It looks like it will be really good.

RASPBERRY-ORANGE FROZEN YOGURT
SERVES: 8
3 (6-oz) containers fresh raspberries
1 cup sugar
Grated zest of ½ orange
2 Tbsp orange juice
Pinch salt
1 cup vanilla low-fat yogurt
1 cup fat-free half-and-half

1. Combine raspberries, sugar, orange zest, juice
and salt in medium bowl; let stand, stirring occasionally,30 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, whisk yogurt and half-and-half in large bowl until smooth; stir in raspberry mixture until well blended. Cover and chill until completely cold, about 2 hours or overnight.
3. Pour yogurt mixture into ice-cream maker and freeze according to manufacture’s instructions.
Transfer to freezer container and freeze until firm.
at least 2 hours or up to 24 hours.

PER SERVING: (about ½ cup): 177 Cal, 1g Fat, 0g Sat Fat; 0g Trans fat, 2 mg Chol, 63 mg sod; 40 g total carb; 34 g total sugar; 4g fib, 3 g prot, 108 mg calc.
POINTS+ = 5

Everybody have a lovely day.

Last edited by Maggie; 08-12-2011 at 11:32 AM.
Maggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 03:17 PM   #19  
Thin Within

Talking Back To Yack

GOOD AFTERNOON MAGNOLIAS

Will brought the Jeep home and we took a nice long ride. What happened was that shop we took it to put the wrong part in and that was what caused the shifting problem. The dealer put the right part in and it drives like it is supposed to. We are going to tell the first shop what happened so they won't do it again to another customer. While out we picked up the ingredients I needed for making that frozen yogurt that I posted the recipe for. It is in the fridge for the two hours called for to chill. It is going to be so good for I licked the spoon and it was definitely yummy.

Back later.

Old 08-12-2011, 10:33 PM   #20  

Maggie -- The sun came out later this morning and it turned out to be another beautiful day here. Thank you for sharing the recipe; it sounds delicious! Glad your Jeep is fixed and you can tell the first repair place what the problem was. I'm heading off to bed and read.

Susan -- I suppose you are in Moon by now. Enjoy your weekend.

Gail -- Any weekend plans for you and Wayne?
Old 08-13-2011, 09:57 AM   #21  

Good Morning, Flowers! It's starting off to be another beautiful day in my corner of the world, sunny and 60 degrees. Bob just left for the cabin to paint the shed trim and maybe start on the cabin trim. It would have been nice if his brother and two nephews could/would have painted for a day. I've got laundry going and need to vacuum fur bunnies -- Ernie should be bald but he keeps growing more fur.

"Gma" -- I hope we see your bright and shining smile today! I thought sure you would be back online by now.

Well, I need to keep moving and accomplish a few things today. Have a nice weekend and enjoy!
Old 08-13-2011, 01:55 PM   #22  
Thin Within

Talking Sunny Saturday

GOOD AFTERNOON MAGNOLIAS

It is a beautiful day here in the Heartland in the 80's. The forecast doesn't show us in the 100's all week so we shall see. I haven't yet decided what it is I want to accomplish this day. I clipped a good sounding Pear-Cherry Bread Pudding recipe out of the WW magazine and think I will try it. It is made for a slow-cooker and sure sounds good. Tonights meal calls for spaghetti. So right now I don't have to think anything about what I am going to cook for dinner. But I do need to check in my freezer and see if I have any of my good spaghetti sauce saved in there. Need to use it up before I make a fresh batch. The frozen yogurt is made and put in small containers and in the freezer along with the freezer insert that will be ready for next time. That is such a good recipe and I highly recommend it. Next time I make frozen yogurt will be a different recipe that is also good. I hear the riding mower ~ Will is out mowing the church lawn this day. Another fellow comes over and does the edging and trimimg of the bushes. And in the winter a good neighbor down the street plows the sidewalk. He does the whole block. He has a nice snow blower and makes quick work of it. Thinking of winter, am I. I hope we have some nice fall weather and don't hop right into winter for the talking heads say we are going to have a long cold winter this year. I have my winter berger coat hanging on a hook by the back door and need to get it further out of the house into the Jeep to get it to the cleaners.

JEAN Isn't that the way of it when Bob wants to do some work at the cabin others are always busy elsewhere. When we were on the left coast and used the cabin and a work day was called those that used it most where the ones that showed up. We always had a great time of it doing the necessaries. It being up 6000 feet in the Sierras had to be winterized and summerized. I love that place. Isn't it amazing how cats do that. They constantly shed and then get new hair. I am so glad our two dogs don't shed. They just grow long beautiful hair that needs to be kept cut short. Why did we get such high maintenance dogs you ask, well my answer to that is they are so cute and fun to have.

SUSAN & GAIL & DONNA FAYE I do hope all of you are safe and sound this day. Know that I am thinking of you and having good thoughts. Be safe.

I am off now to find some lunch. Type at y'all later. Life is good.

Last edited by Maggie; 08-13-2011 at 01:59 PM.
Old 08-13-2011, 06:23 PM   #23  

Maggie -- The sun has been in and out most of the afternoon and it's been a cool 70s day. It would be nice to have Bob's brothers come back for a "work" week at the cabin but I'm quite sure that will never happen with one in MT and one in AZ. When they do come back it is their "vacation" and who wants to do any work then. Have you been back to visit your cabin in recent years? Spaghetti sounds good for supper. I think we are going to grill something. I've made my baked beans and a salad for tomorrow. The beans will bake in the morning while I get the ice cream fixin's put together. I just remembered I need to wrap Maddy's gifts so better get that done before I forget.
Old 08-14-2011, 04:07 PM   #24  
Thin Within

Talking Sunny Sunday

GOOD AFTERNOON MAGNOLIAS

It is a nice sunny hot 89 degree day here in the Heartland. Went to eat after church services to an Italian place. I had Alfredo Noodles w/cut up Italian Sausage. The points are big but I only ate a third of it and brought the rest home. It tasted so good! We certainly do not go to that place very often. Beanie is chasing a ball around here in my office and that is fine as long as he doesn't drop it into anything or roll it under the closet doors. Well looks he did just that and he can keep trying to get it out until I decide to get up and open the door. There is another ball right over there and he, of course wants the one he rolled under the closet door. they are those small tennis type balls and they go under things very easily.

JEAN But it looks to me that those brothers could pitch in at least a bit when they come to get things fixed at the cabin. The person that lives the closest shouldn't have to do all the work it seems to me. But I guess that Bob has all the work done by the time they get there anyway so it is a moot point. What flavor of ice cream did you decide on making? The old stand by vanilla home made is so good and goes with any type of cake. Have a great time.

Type at all y'all later Hope everyone is having a nice sunny Sunday doing what you do on Sunday.
Old 08-14-2011, 04:10 PM   #25  

I still have no internet. The phone linemen are coming out tomorrow to fix the problem. What a mess!!! Hopefully i can post Tuesday. Miss you all
Old 08-14-2011, 10:34 PM   #26  

Good Evening, Flowers! It was another beautiful day in my neighborhood and a perfect day at the lake although a tad chilly later in the afternoon when the wind shifted around from the south. Maddy's birthday party was fun; hard to believe she is 8, going on 18! I was asking Ian if he knew any of the kids who would be in his class this year and he said both of his girlfriends!

Maggie -- Bob's AZ brother didn't come back this year (it was his 3 kids here for an 80th birthday on the other side of their family) and his MT brother was here for a long weekend. Bob would rather go ahead and fix things when they need fixing rather than wait for "help." Jason will come when he can be he's limited to weekends and Will works Saturdays while Beth works every third weekend I think it is. We made vanilla ice cream and because it was cooler here it didn't take nearly as long as it usually does. We had enough left over for Jason's birthday over Labor Day weekend. The birthday cake was marble .

"Gma" -- I hope the repairman shows up first thing in the morning to get you back online!

I'm heading for bed so will see you all in the morning!
Old 08-15-2011, 11:30 AM   #27  

Hello strangers! Wow you never realize how much you depend on the internet nowadays! I am so glad it is up and running again. I pay almost all my bills online and don't get many paper bills so was anxious about that if this continued into the end of the week, but everything is right as rain now and we are back to normal I guess. I had to jump through hoops to get the thing back online though and had a bit of trouble, but finally got signed in as they had to change my password and the security answers didn't match up. I don't know why it was my favorite hobby and my best childhood's friend's last name, both of which would never change, but anyway they changed everything now so all is right.

It is Elvis week here in Memphis. He died 34 years ago tomorrow. I was pregnant with Kelly living in El Paso Tx when I heard it on the news. My son in law's birthday is tomorrow too, which makes it even weirder. We will thousands of Elvis fans all over the place this week and especially tomorrow as they have the candlelight vigil at midnight tomorrow at Graceland.

I have Jackson's first sock almost complete. I decided to start with his since it is shorter and a quicker knit. I told the receptionist and the vet tech I would make them a pair of the slippers so I have them to do now too.

Jack has has pre-op appt on Thursday and his surgery is only 2 weeks from Wednesday. He said he is glad it is soon because his knee has started to really hurt and it is clicking when he walks so it needs fixing soon.

Nothing much went on for the several days I was off line. I cleaned house, Jack had to work overtime over the weekend and we had the guy come for the internet and tell us it was in the line and not the box or our equipment so we had to wait until today to get it fixed. They were out early though, which was nice.

The weather here has cooled off a lot and is in the upper 80's most days now and we are getting more rain. It is nice not to be baking everyday and surely a lot better for Jack to work in even though it is still quite warm.

I hope everyone has a good start to their week. I will catch up on the posts, but start from scratch doing personals. Have a good one all Faye

Last edited by gma22; 08-15-2011 at 01:30 PM.
Old 08-15-2011, 02:57 PM   #28  

Good Afternoon, Flowers! It's another cool sunny day in my corner of the world -- beautiful! I went to the church office this morning expecting it to take longer than usual since the automatic checking contributions would be there, but either I'm getting faster or there wasn't as much money to count. Then I stopped at the library and on to the grocery store for salad ingredients. We are going to a get-together tonight and I'm taking the same salad I made for the lake. It's a dump and chop so doesn't take long to put together.

"Gma" -- It's so good to see your post today! We missed you! I never thought about paying bills online and not having the internet work. I read in the paper where it is Elvis week, and thought of you. I hope all goes well for Jack's surgery -- I know he's anxious to get it over with. I hope the time will fly the next two weeks.

I have a load of laundry to do so better get a move on. Have a nice rest of the day!
Old 08-16-2011, 12:40 AM   #29  
Thin Within

Talking Monday Monday

:comp GOOD LATE EVENING MAGNOLIAS

I had quite a day this wonderful 80 something day here in the Heartland. Went to Applebees for lunch to help celebrate their new decorated restaurant and the manager who always comes out and sits a bit with us to chat gave us some cards with great dollers off for our next visit. The out and about doing some shopping and checking on things then some typing for my main squeeze. I didn't realize I hadn't posted yet. I have Rod Stewart behind me in my player singing Hot Legs. I am not ready to hit the hay just yet even though it is 11:30 pm so I am sucking up a diet Pepsi for I am so thrusty. I showed a maintain at my weigh in this day so am happy about that. Seems I lose then coast then lose again which is better than losing and gaining all the time like a yo yo.

DONNA FAYE Welcome back! Hope all is well with your phone connection now. That was quite a long outage. Elvis. I remember seeing him out in CA when he was making a film and coming over to the car and talking to me. What happened was I got migraine at work and my bro in law came and picked me up and on the way home there was ole Elvis out in the bean field making a movie. Tom stopped the car and that is when the group was taking a break and Elvis came over.

JEAN No wonder Bob does all the work. In that case I would do it all myself if I were in his shoes. Marble cake and vanilla ice cream sounds so good. I imagine it was a crowd pleaser. I think I will make some Chili Verde tomorrow and deliver some to that waiter that wanted some. We picked up a nice lean pork roast today that I will cut up in chunks for it and have some chilis and onions so I am good to go. I might even make some homemade tortillas.

Type at y'all later.

Last edited by Maggie; 08-16-2011 at 12:44 AM.
Old 08-16-2011, 06:47 AM   #30  

GO TO #39