View Poll Results: Which Of The Following Activities Most Represents Your Favorite Form Of Exercise?
Aerobics 1 10.00%
Running/Walking 6 60.00%
Team Sports 1 10.00%
Individual Sports 0 0%
Weight Training 0 0%
Yoga 0 0%
Shopping 0 0%
Clicking The T.V. Remote 1 10.00%
Other 1 10.00%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 01-20-2003, 08:20 AM   #16  

I know nothing about football, but WTG Bucs!!! My family are all Buc fans, since some of them live in Tampa.

I had another OP day!!

Okay, lets see--Gayle is bringing the guys, I'm bringing the drinks, Sherry has the hot tub and snowmen--have I missed anyone?? Who is bringing the dessert??? And who is bringing the other food?? I can't remember if someone already said they would. How about the music?? I was downloading a new disc all day yesterday to jog to, but it is all oldies, and I don't think all of you like oldies, since some of you are youngsters!!!!

Last edited by ShelleyM; 01-20-2003 at 08:25 AM.
Old 01-20-2003, 09:31 AM   #17  
Losing it!

Give me an oldie any day compared to some of this stuff thats playing on the radio!!!!!!
I vote for playing: "it's my party and I'll cry if I want to"....

Okay Shelley, here's my list:
Shelley: BOOZE
Deb: Hot tub & Snowman
Lisa: veggie tray, peppermint schnapps
Sherry: "HOT DAMN" & $1.00's for the dancers
Jeanne: hula entertainment & the ukelele
Me: Balloons & strippers

That leaves: Vicki, Doni, Jennelle & Carol to still pick something out. I hope I didn't skip anyone.

Oh I forgot!!!!! We need the birthday girl!!!!!!!!!! If we can drag her back from the beach!
Old 01-20-2003, 12:34 PM   #18  
WW on-line since 1/1/2009

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'5"

I'll bring the margarita mix, the daquiri mix, and the blender.
Old 01-20-2003, 02:06 PM   #19  
THINKING THIN!!!!

Hey Girls

Hope everyone is having a great day and off work like me and Sherry.

With all the party preparations, I hate to put a damper on things with my own little PITY party. And sometimes I don't talk about my problems because they seem so small compared to others. I was sick all during Christmas with a sinus injection, but life went on and I still had to do all the things and parties that Christmas brings. Just pushing myself really. Hubby got sick right after Christmas and has been sick ever since then. In the mist of trying to diet and joining Curves and pretending I felt better, I'VE GOT THIS STUFF AGAIN!! I went back to the doctor this morning and she said it was like a virus and we just keep giving back to each other. I'm thinking of moving into the guest bedroom...LOL.

I guess the main thing that has me DEPRESSED is that I have been on a 5 day SNOW eating binge!!! HELP!!!!! I'm sure in a few days I will be back to my old self, but just needed to get this off my chest.

Thanks for being my friends...Debbie
Old 01-20-2003, 02:37 PM   #20  

Debbie,

Oh bless your heart! You sound like you need a big 'ole hug!!

I'm sorry to hear that you & James are sick again.Maybe the shot & meds that you got today will help this time! Yes...You may need to move to the guest room so ya'll will stop spreading germs to one another!!!

With all the snow we've had and being closed indoors for 4 days, No wonder why you have been pigging out!! But you know what Debbie? Tomorrow we go back to School, the snow is almost gone AND it will be a NEW DAY!!!!! You have done so good in the past by staying OP and loosing......YOU CAN DO IT AGAIN!!! Look how much you have lost to get to where you are now!! So I know you can do it!!!

Read this post over & over until it sinks in!!! TOMMORROW YOU WILL GET OP & START BACK AT CURVES!!!!!!!!! By this time next week, you'll be happy & smiling again!!

Don't give up and remember..........we're all here for you!!!
Now I'm going to re-read what I posted to YOU and get back OP myself!!!!!!!!!!

Love you!!
Sher

P.S. Are you smiling now???????

Last edited by Sherry; 01-20-2003 at 02:40 PM.
Old 01-20-2003, 02:42 PM   #21  
Losing it!

HERE! HERE!!! I second what Sher just said!!!!!
Old 01-20-2003, 07:26 PM   #22  

Well, I didn't have an OP day yesterday but still when I made choices they weren't the worst ones I could make. Unfortunately, I went to check out the points values of a restaurant I ate at last night and no such luck on the Dottie's site. Darn it! I guess I'll have to check out their web site. Does anyone know of Buffalo Wild Wings? It was ok, but there's a place back in Indiana we used to eat at that is way better!

Gee how come no one else is going to root for the Raiders? I was born in the SF bay area so they're the team I'm going for!!!! Woohoo yay.

I've been doing so good on my exercise lately.... I wonder what is wrong with me!!! I had to drive the little one to school because we took the kindergarten class guinea pig home with us on Friday to clean his cage and let him have some family time. We do that a lot .... Fuzzy is quite a guest and when he stays with us he always sleeps! The teacher says it's becuase it's so quiet at my house.... Yeah right! But compared to the classroom I suppose she's right. Also he and our dog have grown quite fond of each other. Anyways, back to the subject, I actually stopped at the gym and worked out for 45 minutes! It's weird, I'm getting back into liking my exercise, yikes.

Sherry congrats to your dh about his job. I've been married to an OTR truck driver and am used to having him gone during the week home on weekends. It does take adjustment but it's not too hard.

Glad to see everyone is well. I'm working these next two days... hopefully it's not too bad.
Old 01-20-2003, 11:22 PM   #23  

Lisa - I rooted for the Raiders! I grew up in the SF bay area, so when the Niners got knocked out of contention, I had to root for the Raiders.
Old 01-21-2003, 02:45 PM   #24  

Janelle,
Where did you grow up? I grew up in the East Bay.... went to school in Hayward, lived in Union City and my dad lived in Fremont. We were just home in September altho my dad and step-mom sold the house I grew up in to live closer to her daughters. But that's ok because I can't help out when there's health problems like they can.

Old 01-21-2003, 02:56 PM   #25  

Lisa - I grew up in Sonoma. I lived there for a year when I was three, then my step dad got stationed in Panama. We moved back Stateside in December of 1976, when I was in the third grade. The stay in Sonoma was supposed to be temporary, but my parents ended up getting divorced and we stayed to be near the grandparents.
Old 01-21-2003, 04:06 PM   #26  

Angry

Hi everyone,
I guess I'm the lone Raiders fan here! Not all Raiders fans are horrible (although I must admit that when we went to some games when they were still in L.A. it was pretty crazy. There were always fights breaking out in the cheap seats). Hopefully it will be a good Super Bowl with the best offensive and best defensive teams in the NFL playing against each other.

I had a rough weekend...too much eating and no exercise. We saw "Kangaroo Jack"..super corny but great for the kids. I planned to work out on Monday since it was a holiday but when I woke up, I had pulled a muscle in my back and it was in spasm mode all day. I was basically flat on my back. The kids loved it because they had a lazy day too---computer games and cartoons. This gave me a chance to catch up on tv...MTV Cribs marathon (I love checking out the houses), Joe Millionaire, The King of Queens, the news, Jay Leno, etc. When I finally was able to fall asleep, my son woke me up 15 minutes later to say he had a bad dream...Yikes! I was up for the next 3 hours. I finally went to a chiropracter this a.m. and he gave me the full treatment, but I'm still sore. I go for a follow up tomorrow.
Take care everyone. Thanks again for all the welcomes.
P.S. I'm assuming OP means "on program", right?
Old 01-21-2003, 06:37 PM   #27  
THINKING THIN!!!!

Afternoon Girls

Hope everyone had a good OP day. Mine was better but still not totally OP, hoping for that tomorrow. I felt alot better today, giving the medicine one more day until I go back to Curves.
Our school system went in this morning 2 hours late. I'm sure there was still some bad back roads in the outer parts of the county. Needless to say , it was a wild day. The kids were just out of control. I just got through it as fast as I could...LOL.

Sherry....Was your day wild too? I hope Wayne is feeling better. Bless your heart, it's just one thing after another. Hopefully things will start straightening out for both of us and we can get on track and stay there. Want to hear something funny...It's 135 days until we leave for vacation!!! LOL But I bet the time goes by fast!!!

Jeanne.....Rough weekend....too much eating and NO excerise for me too!!! As a rule I don't care that much for TV, unless I'm snowed in like this past weekend. I bet I watched 5 or 6 movies. I am not against the Raiders but I usually cheer for the underdogs. Wouldn't it be boring if we all liked the same team!!

Lisa.....WTG on the excerise!!! Wish I could say the same!! It's take alot of of will power to excerise on a regular basics. You go girl!!!

Shelley, Gayle, Ramona, Jennelle, Doni, Vicki, and Carol.....Hope you had a wonderful day. Love ya Debbie
Old 01-21-2003, 07:34 PM   #28  

STOP!!!!!!!!!!! Go To #83..............A New Thread Has Been Started!!!!!
Closed Thread