Old 07-20-2011, 02:36 PM   #16  
Gotta run!

S/C/G: 210/*ticker*/160

Height: 5'5

Rose - Glad to hear things are going well. It's good to sort through the house every once in a while and get rid of the clutter. I haven't done that in years and I really should. Send some of your sun this way please... all we have is rain and mosquitos with the rare partially sunny day.

Josey - How's C25K and your challange going? Are you where you want to be?

Tam - That sounds like a nightmare, I'm glad things are getting better. I don't think I could live without a fridge!

Arminda - Maybe you can do what I did and start my own personal challange. Although I'm not doing so well on meeting my goals... I'm blaming that on TOM and depression. Gotta get my butt moving!

BTW... I've decided mosquitos are natures way of saying "Run fat girl, RUN!"
Aunty Jam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 02:57 PM   #17  
Suck it up, buttercup!

S/C/G: 237/165/165

Height: 5'8"

Aunty - I just started C25K again, after a week no running, and it is going well! W8 is done. Will start the last week of the program tomorrow. YAY!!
The challenges took a bit of a hit but I still have the chance to complete my Midsummer one. 4lbs in 2 weeks! Keep your fingers crossed!
Mosquitos are sure a pest. Your backyard is the prime breeding ground apparently. Lots of shade! ARRGGHH!

Tam - And she is baaack!! Yay! Toilets are sure nice eh?
josey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 08:14 PM   #18  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

AUNTY ~ you're right about those skitters ... one night, there were a pile of them in our livingroom, but I couldn't understand why there were so many all of a sudden; so after trying to fend them off (I mean, kill them off as best as I could), I decided to go to bed and get under the covers. Well, I go into the bedroom, turn on the light; and there are dozens more in there.

Sooo, DH and I go on a mosquito raid mission; him killing them and me wiping the walls from all the blood & guts & gore. Well, I gave up counting at 3 dozen. Then, the girl next door starts pounding on our wall; the dog starts barking; and the landlord shows up at our door -- asking what's wrong? Turns out the bedroom window that the air conditioner was in, had no screen and the tape holding the guard came off ... so, we were being swamped with those little bloodsuckers ...

Anyway, DH & the landlord taped up the window really well, and we have been OK since then. I had so many bites, and was so itchy, that I didn't get to sleep til at least 4 AM. Anyhow, lesson learned; I check that danged window continuously now.

I asked DH "Why did GOD makes those mini-vampires, anyway?" He said, "i don't know." But then I thought that He'd probably made them for the birds to eat, and I love birds -- I just wish they didn't have to SUCK OUR BLOOD first!!!

OH, TAM ~ I hear ya loud & clear; DH and I took on the ridiculous idea of building a cabin on our lot. Talk about DUMB & DUMBER! I refuse to talk to him about it anymore becuz he just gets mad; it's not his fault that his memory is so bad now that he gets his measurements all mixed up; and he needs constant supervision, but he doesn't want any ... catch my drift?

I was getting sorely concerned that tame, kind, sweet, little ole me, just might take drastic action upon my poor DH before the thing got even halfway done (it still isn't even 1/4 ways done, and we started 4 years ago), so I decided turning the other cheek and pretending that I'm deaf was better than a D-I-V-O-R-C-E, right? Right! And, who needs the added stress; I sure don't ...

Sooo, I just took some of my own savings and bought a camper instead, and I love it. Now, I just want a deck & a screened-in porch on the back of my closed-in porch (you have no idea how funny that is; cuz that's all we have done). The neighbours may think we're crazy but at this point, I don't care ... AND, we just bought a house in town instead ... YA, BABY -- JUST BUY ONE! I cannot say -- THANK YOU, GOD ... enuff!

And that toilet in my camper is so nice; I have a full four-piece bathroom in there. That alone was worth the money. The bathroom is on one full end; the compact kitchen is in the middle; and the livingroom/bedroom is on the other end. It's so nicely set up. I call it my hideaway -- so does DH. Wonder who I'm hidin' from ...

Anyhow, packing is coming along very well and yes, I am trying to get rid of as much stuff as I can; that's less to move. Had a homemade hamburger & salad for dinner tonight. Did laundry and housechores today.

We had 90F here today and that was with clouds; but there was a heavenly breeze today which made it more bearable. No yet, even though they expected it.

Time for tea; have a great week, fellow Canucks ... Rosebud

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 07-20-2011 at 08:38 PM.
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 11:13 AM   #19  
tamIam

S/C/G: size16/size14/size10

Height: 5'7"

HOly mosquito batman! I am glad to see we aren't the only ones swatting those little a-holes everynight buzzing around our heads.
Now Rosebud - I wish you'd told me this last year, maybe I would have opted for a camper! Lol!
Josey!! - C25K - Excellent work. I love going for a run. Well...I'll go for a walk today with the pups, but I admire you doing that!
Aunty Jam - Your summer sounds like it's been good with the camping and I agree with your take on the mosquitoes.
So soccer tonight and then I reallyreallyreally need to make a plan. A better plan...a bigger plan....a to heck with it maybe just weight watchers.
greeneggsandtam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 11:14 AM   #20  
tamIam

Also - I feel like I should be changing the numbers on that proverb in my signature. Fall twenty eight times, get up twenty nine?
Old 07-22-2011, 02:53 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 324/268/140

Height: 5'2"

Aunty Jam, thanks for the suggestion. I'm definitely challenging myself. I started working out 2 weeks ago, and I was walking up a hill with 80ft of elevation only 5 times. Now I'm walking up the same hill 10 times and doing 10 push ups (on my knees) every time I get back to the bottom of the hill. One day I hope to be able to run 10 hills and do 10 regular push ups after every run.
Armida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 09:42 AM   #22  
Suck it up, buttercup!

Armida - I am getting ready to post a new challenge for end of September. My Midsummer Madness deadline is next week, then I have room in my signature for a new one. So stay tuned.
Any ideas for a snazzy challenge name?

Tam - Thanks! I start to really enjoy running. Shocking I know! ;-)

Rosebud - So nice to see you! We missed you!
Old 07-24-2011, 10:03 AM   #23  
Suck it up, buttercup!

Me again :-)
I just checked the calendar. How about a Canadian Thanksgiving challenge? It is not quite end of September but close enough (Oct 10). Any takers? I love to use our holidays. The Victoria Day and Canada Day challenges were big successes, not only for Canadians.
Old 07-24-2011, 07:00 PM   #24  
tamIam

Good Afternoon Lovely Ladies!
Armida - Welcome!!
Josey - Do you run alone? I live on an acreage and there are two women neighbors who go regularly, but I'm not sure if I should join them. Maybe one day I will. Not sure yet. Also9 about the challenge name: I'll think about it but I'm sure it should incorporate some turkey-esque element to it.

Well, this week my eating has been CRAP, but on the upside I've played soccer twice, and burned a bazillion calories doing so. I really really do need a food journal. Maybe that is a good starting point. Okay - off to go and play with the dogs. They are starved for attention today.
Everyone have a great week!!
tam

Last edited by greeneggsandtam; 07-24-2011 at 07:01 PM. Reason: terrible spelling
Old 07-25-2011, 12:10 PM   #25  
Gotta run!

S/C/G: 210/*ticker*/160

Height: 5'5

Hey everyone

Rose - I think I would have gone insane with all those skitters around! I used to have a dog that chased and ate bugs of all kinds... I miss her this summer! LoL I agree about the birds, I love birds to. I hate spiders but I don't destroy their webs because they may get a few more of the blood suckers.

Josey - 4 pounds in 2 weeks! You can do it girl! A thanksgiving challenge sounds good to me, I still can't get my butt moving so I'm sucking big time on my personal challenge. I just don't know what's wrong The challange has to have the word "Gobbling" in it somewhere LoL.

Armida - Sounds like you are well on your way! I would suggest setting a time limit for your goal, that can be a big help.

Tam - <sigh> I think I'm in the same boat except I'm having a heck of a time getting up this time. Where the heck is my motivation!?

Last edited by Aunty Jam; 07-25-2011 at 12:11 PM.
Aunty Jam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 12:33 PM   #26  
Suck it up, buttercup!

Aunty!!

I can happily report a 3lbs loss this week! One more and I meet my goal for the challenge! Woohoo!

Gobbling? Sounds good but I am not sure if I am creative enough to come up with a challenge name that has gobbling in it. Any ideas? ;-)

Well, you could join the challenge with any kind of goal. It doesn't mean x amount loss. How about maintaining until Thanksgiving? I think that is tough enough to make it a good goal and at least you are not gaining!

I try to train my cat to catch mosquitoes and other bugs but he is more interested in mice, bats, birds and frogs. I hate spiders too!!!
Old 07-25-2011, 08:30 PM   #27  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

ARMIDA ~ WOW, you sure sound energetic to me ...

AUNTY ~ ya, they can drive you buggy, can't they? They are all gone now, thank goodness; I should have known there had to be a hole somewhere becuz we don't usually have any in here.

JOSEY ~ glad to be back here regularly again; this PC is so much faster, I can do more posts at one sitting. Best wishes for the fall Thanksgiving Challenge -- how 'bout THE TURKEY RUN or THE TURKEY TROT THANKSGIVING CHALLENGE...

We went over to our new house to do a last minute inspection today; DH had tidied up the yard some so I was able to get some nice pics today. We are now planning the colors to paint the rooms the first week of August and my SIL has volunteered to help DH paint the place which is super!

My flowers are in full bloom; lots of bright orange Lilies and still some peonies on the branches -- but I need to do some dead-heading I think, the next time we go over. I discovered two huge RHUBARB patches in the back yard that I didn't know were there: been getting a nice surprise like that almost every time we go over.

Got all the insurance stuff done today, and we do the last signing tomorrow with the lawyer -- then it's only one week and we can start painting and cleaning too (looks like somebody already started). Plus someone cut the grass. We are very excited about it all.

Since I have most of the packing done already, I am gonna rest my back & body for a few days before next week comes. Time for tea -- have a great week everyone ... Rosebud

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 07-25-2011 at 08:32 PM.
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 01:08 PM   #28  
Suck it up, buttercup!

Great idea Rosebud I like the Turkey trot name!! Thanks!
So here is the challenge: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chic...-oct-10-a.html

Join me if you want!
Old 07-26-2011, 01:40 PM   #29  
back to square 1(70)

S/C/G: 176/170/150

Height: 5'5.5''

Hey ladies - new here! I'm wondering if any of you have any tips with coping the Canadian summer. Last week we were in the high 40s with the humidex so running outside at any point in the day is nearly impossible. I'm trying to do C25K but I don't want heatstroke! I don't have A/C at home either but our basement gets cooler. I see many of you are from Alberta so maybe you won't feel my pain haha (my boyfriend is from Calgary and is there for the rest of summer - sounds nice and mild and dry!). Good luck on losing this week!
ahyessophie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 01:47 PM   #30  
Suck it up, buttercup!

Welcome!!

Coolish Prairies here :-)
Do you have a gym near by? The treadmill works for C25k. We actually bought a cheapo treadmill since we live in the boonies without a gym close by.
Or try running in the early morning hours. 6ish? Well, if you can stand getting up early I guess.