Old 03-20-2011, 04:44 PM   #31  

FYI: Just some fun trivia for you today. The attached picture is of the State Theater in downtown South Bend. As a kid, we would troop there on Saturdays for movie, 5 cent popcorn and 5 cent cokes and watch the latest Disney flick. It sadly went into disrepair years and years ago when the big megatheaters came about. It has sat empty had some tenants that didn't last etc. It recently was bought by auction. The trivia of this grand ole theater is this, there are bullet holes in the walls from a shoot out between the police and John Dillinger. His gang did their very last robbery at a bank in the very same block. I just hope they do something grand with it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 365731960-20022718.jpg (34.3 KB, 5 views)
gma22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 05:11 PM   #32  
Thin Within

Talking Sunny Warm Sunday

GOOD AFTERNOON MAGNOLIAS

It is a warm sunny 81 degree day here in the Heartland. Nice for a change for sure. The pot luck went well and I didn't over do which is a good thing for me. We only got home with a couple small servings of lasagna which is a good thing. We went out for a nice drive in the country and took both dogs and they behaved nicely.

DONNA FAYE Thanks for that recipe it looks yummy and easy to make. Do you have any idea how many it is supposed to serve? Probably 12 to 16. I just want to figure the points before I try to lighten it. I am so glad you had a good time with your relatives having a good gab fest. I love those kinds of get-to-gethers. Do try that onion soup on top of a roast for you will be surprised it doesn't really have an overwhelming onion flavor but makes good spice for it and you don't have to use anything else as spices. Sometimes I will cut slits in th roast and slip in slivers of garlic. Just dump an envelope on the top of the roast and spread it around and that is all you have to do besides a little water in the bottom of the crockpot. Hang that delightful had on a wall as a decoration if you don't want to wear it.

JEAN As I type you are probably enjoying that play in Siouz City. Have fun and be safe. I made some iced tea yesterday and it was so good. Right now I have the ceiling fan whirring and am drinking a sf ff latte. Bet before the day is over I will have some iced tea. I imagine your birds have hung up thier ice skating shoes for awhile and are out there twetterpated. I just tuned in to the eagles to see them change up at 2:44 so in an hour and half to two hours they will change again. Our friends that own that campground near there are on their way back there as I type. They keep wanting us to come there but alas, we no longer have a motorhome. We want to get a tent trailer though. We could pull that behind the Jeep instead of pulling the Jeep behind a motorhome.

SUSAN Well I do hope your hand that has that (long word) works well with the vitimin therapy. I rejoice with you that it is only in one hand. I don't think with your low BP you will be checking out real soon do you. Let's keep positive and say a big NO to that. You are going to make a real good receptionist for WW and just think you can get all the products at a reduced rate. I think it is a type of theft when folks want to just come in and take advantage of the meetings and aren't a member. WW lets you have a freebie if you are planning to join but not just to sneek in when you want.

GAIL Your Heather must be related to me for we both get the "I need caffeen headaches." I am so pleased for you that you and Wayne are walking together ~ 2.6 miles is a goodly distance. Will and I start out together but he can't walk as slow as I do so he meets me on the rebound. But it is good to walk. I think you will love having a puppy to train. Beanie is such a delight. Right now he is asleep at my feet and ole Ragg Mopp is out on the sofa in the front room. When Beanie is full grown he will be half the size of Ragg Mopp. Now when he wakes up he will go to the kitchen screen door and push it open and go outside. I have that book "Lincoln Lawyer" by Michael connelly. Have you read the book? Wonder how closely the movie follows it. I like him as an author.

All y'all have a wonderful afternoon.

Last edited by Maggie; 03-20-2011 at 05:16 PM.
Maggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 06:19 AM   #33  

GO TO #14
gma22 is offline   Reply With Quote