Old 09-18-2010, 05:31 PM   #76  
kitty Momo

quickie because I am at work. I live about 97/100 miles from Portland Cristina. It usually takes me close to 2 hrs to travel the distance.

I thought I had wednesday off but I don't , will only have Monday off this week til Saturday. Poor me but I am aiming for Hawaii and I have 22 hrs vacation time........measly I know,,,one co worker has 267 odd hours..lol. I shouldn't have learned that you can buy out your hours, I would be ahead of the game by now.

anyway, might take gaby to see Beezus and Ramona tonight, it is at the cheapie theatre where you can buy beer and pizza...lol

chat more later.
Mom2Gaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 02:58 AM   #77  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Hello all...

Jules...how often do you give blood? I WILL give blood one day, big chicken when it comes to that.

Susan...that's not too far, I guess. Did you make it to the movie?

Francie...that house/place looked cool, amazing views! Hope you are enjoying your weekend. I saw that that book was out but not sure I want to read those...her books between the numbers are a little silly to me, quick reads thou. But after the last ones I said NO MORE except the number ones. I am reading way too many Authors who are doing series and it's killing me to catch up!

Sassy...I don't envy you on the moving. In a way I was glad we didn't sell the house last year, I really did NOT want to move...I am too old! Hopefully we are able to stick with our 10 year plan and then sell.

Hiya Sue, Katy, Mindee, Kathy and everyone else

Went to see Lost in Yonkers tonight, it wasn't too bad. I actually liked it. Was the first time to this place for me and daughter said "It figures, the first time you come the actors aren't so great and it's hot in here" She told me it was always cold and the actors had never flubbed as much as these did, well, two of them. The girl, mom and brother were pretty good. Overall despite that and it being a little warm in there I enjoyed it.

Took Lily to Chuck E Cheese Thursday for her birthday...she had a GREAT time! And then got a stargazer lily tattoo that evening, for my little Lily. Apparently I forgot how painful they can be and my leg is still a little sore. You get one stinking tattoo and then they become addicting, for me anyway...still want 3 more, possibly 4, we'll see.

Haven't gotten hardly any walking or exercise done in the last two weeks. I keep blaming it on not having a regular schedule but it's me, just not motivated and I am lazy! Next week gotta get it in gear because the cancer walk is Saturday. DS has put together a team, a small team. Originally we had it up to 14 but slowly one by one they started dropping. Got two of the girls back but we are down to 10 which is what you need for a team. Haven't gotten many donations though which is sad but I guess a little bit is better than nothing at all. He has some fun friends...we are the Pink Panties, lol.

It's late and I am getting sleepy...no plans for tomorrow except sleeping in. Otherwise I wouldn't be up this late, lol.

Take care
FrouFrou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 11:53 AM   #78  
kitty Momo

I have to lose weight! I am up again , want to lose back down to 150, this morning was 164, yikes.

Cristina -Happy Birthday to Lily!! What a cutie. I didn't go to the movie, I was sleepy and Gaby was happy to stay home. She had a full day w/ her father, they went to a Fisherman thingie w/ food booths and boats, saw Amy (the mom) from Little People Big World. Funny how Gaby knows her reality stars...lol
I made chicken for dinner and watched House Hunters, helped w/ Gaby's math homework and we were in bed at 8:30p.
Drive to Portland isn't too bad, 20 miles out of Astoria you get PDX radio so that helps...

k- back to work

Last edited by Mom2Gaby; 09-19-2010 at 11:55 AM.
Old 09-19-2010, 02:26 PM   #79  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Happy Sunday, All!

SUSAN...I TOO HAVE to lose weight!! Was telling daughter yesterday I am getting back on track and sticking with this. Felt really bloated and fat last night when we went to the play. My body has changed once again, ugh! The way I carry my weight is different and I DON'Tlike it! But I am pulling out all the WW stuff and whatever else I have and getting with it tomorrow. All I want right now is to lose 20 pounds, is that so much to ask for, lol? It's soooo freaking hard but I have to nip it in the bud before I get out of control and back at one.

Cool Gaby saw Amy...bet she had fun yesterday!

Nothing special going on today. Getting some much needed reading done, and laundry. Since being so lazy lately nothing around this house is getting done and I need to snap out of it...whatever 'it' is! Not sure what happened to my mojo but I have to find it again. Anyway, going to go to Kohl's in a bit and see if we can find Lily a little outfit for her 1 year picture tomorrow. We have a fun outfit, a pink tutu (Charlotte did a blue/green/purple tutu) but want a second outfit for a more professional picture. You are probably wondering (or not, lol) why we ar eboth doing pictures...well, she wanted nothing of having her pictures took and I always did the kids at hospital, then 1, 3, 6, and 9 months and then a year. Well, I have paid for the last few packages and took her so I went ahead and set appt and bought outfit a month or so ago thinking Charlotte wasn't going to. I asked of course, don't want to step on anyone's toes. But she had had a women from work make her tutu and I told her I would take mine back and she could take the pictures she said no, she wanted both so. I know, lots of pictures and kinda dumb. But too, I never like the pictures she picks out, lol. She always wants them to do a close up and I don't get having a background if you are basically blocking it out. Of course I just like the plain ol' white background and she doesn't, lol. Anyway, I know boring, lol. But that's what I am doing later. Thought I would wait until the evening right before store closes...don't even want to go out. I must say we have come a long way, getting along much better, a WHOLE LOT better. Anyway, I am yaking. Better get off this computer and get laundry done and finish my book. Really behind on my reading.

Hope everyone is enjoying the weekend!
FrouFrou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 03:26 PM   #80  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

Happy Sunday! I was in here Friday, wrote a nice long chat and then my computer couldn't find server. SO of course when it did and I went back...no post! Grrr. Have been having difficulties for awhile now with Comcast going off and on. And I always forget to copy before I send...dumb me.

Anyway, today is a beautiful day here. Sunny, but not too hot. DH and I took a walk before it got too sunny for me...so will do another mile towards evening. I also hope to ride the bike. DH just found out at the Dr. that he has gained...(he won't weigh at home) so he is wanting to exercise more. He will lose 10 or 15 pounds real quick..that I know. Like Cristina I want to lose 20, but it is the same 20 I have been up and down on for years. Right now I am the heaviest I have been in years and I just want it to STOP.

Looking over the new Fall tv line-up. Anyone have any shows they are looking forward to watching? I am ready for Biggest Loser. Maybe that will get me motivated.
I am so glad Castle is coming back. I love that show. I haven't really picked out any new shows though. I watched re-runs of Parenthood this summer and think I will keep watching that. I know I watch wayyyy too much tv.

Glad to see you gals posting..and I will come back and talk to you all tomorrow. Bye!
suetalks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 05:16 PM   #81  
kitty Momo

When my clothes start getting snug and nothing is fitting, I know I have to do something! I haven't been 150 for 2 yrs now, slowly gaining. I was 162 in Hawaii. I actually felt ok at that weight but 164 seems uncomfortable. If I could even be 159....
Love pictures Cristina you can never have too many ,especially when the little ones are growing so fast.
Sue - I just like House Hunters....lol
Tomato soup for lunch, so salty.

Last edited by Mom2Gaby; 09-19-2010 at 05:18 PM.
Old 09-19-2010, 08:14 PM   #82  
ugggg.....

Susan--22 hours of vacation is better than what I have...I used alot of mine up with Mom and Dad. I told Jerry I want to take two full weeks all at once next year and actually go do something fun.

Sue-I had when I lose my posts here...so frustrating. The Fall line up has nothing jumping out at me...I like How I met Your Mother, Big Bang Theory, Grey's Anatomy, Bones and Glee on regular channels, I watch alot of TNT and USA series.

Cristina--Red Cross comes 4 times a year where I work, alot of times my iron is too low and the last time I was way to stressed to even try. It's not bad. I am trying to restart my "mojo" myself. I say take Lily yourself and get a small package done of what you like.

Francie--scream for me a time or two...gotta love Billy Idol!!

Well..I cancelled my counseling appt...I finished my happy pills and I didn't refill them...I don't want to keep taking pills to force myself to move ahead, I need to figure out how to just do it...they made me too tired and not care about anything..cant exercise when I am too laid back...
jules1216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 01:10 AM   #83  
I was born this way hey!

S/C/G: Not telling/Shh/150

Height: 5'3

Hello ladies!! I'm back in MD..ugh..

Cristina~ I like the in between books. It's nice to read a little fluff every now & then. I'll let you know how this book is. I'm not too sure about it myself. It seems okay, but it has Diseal in it. I sorta don't like him. OHH..did you hear about the movie? I think I may have told you about it already, lol!! Too bad we don't live closer, we could go see it together.

Susan~I wish I could be 150. That is my goal weight.

Jules~ Billy was HOTTTTT!!! I just about died when he took his shirt off!! LoL!! He is sexy as ****, and he knows it.

Sue~ I'm happy Glee will be back on tuesday!! Yes, I'm a Gleek and proud of it, LOL!! I can't wait to watch Law & Order: SVU & Grey's Anatomy. I don't think we'll be watching any new shows. Well..we started watching Nikita on CW & Boardwalk Empire on HBO. Fonzo wants to see that one show about the family of superheroes. I forgot what it's called. OHH..I wanted to see that one show about the class of 2000. I forgot what that show was called too. I should really find out when those shows come on, lol!!

We're back from Atlantic City and already life sucks again. I want to go back, it's only 3 hrs away. We're going back for our anniversary in December. Last night we were sitting on the beach sharing a cigar..and now we're home, lol!!

Anyways..I feel weird & shaky right now, so I'm going to go lay down and try to relax.
Shopaholic1204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 12:47 PM   #84  
kitty Momo

Good Morning-

Francie - How old is Billy Idol?? Hope you feel better and I wish I was 150lbs too..lol

Jules- exercise always helped me when I was going through my divorce.....especially the days when I didn't want to get out of bed. Personally I don't have anything against taking meds,sometimes it takes a few tries to find the right one. Co workers just laugh when I say my EL hours, I guess some can save til the cow comes home. lol I figure by the time I save the ticket money I will have the EL hours, late December!! yippeee

Think I will try my salad a day thing again, seemed to lose on that. Even 159 would be a thrill. lol

chat more later. Icky rainy day here.....good day to read!
Old 09-20-2010, 03:13 PM   #85  
I was born this way hey!

Susan~ Billy Idol will be 55 in November!!
Old 09-20-2010, 03:20 PM   #86  
ugggg.....

Francie--Teri and Jr like Atlantic City too.

Susan--I agree if I could find the right meds, but these aren't it, but they did get me through my breakdown.

Working on Dad's estate stuff...Capitol One is being a major pain in the ***...everyone else is working with me and writing stuff off except them, I mean I will probably be able to pay them some but there is less than $2,000 in cash and over $13,000 in bills, he lived in a one bedroom rent based on income apartment. They are already sending threatening letters and he hasn't even been dead two months....the big bill is an unsecured loan of
almost $9000.00 abnd they are going to write it off--said they had insure for cases like this.
Old 09-20-2010, 03:56 PM   #87  
I was born this way hey!

Jules~ What were you taking?
Old 09-21-2010, 09:56 AM   #88  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

Good Tues. morning... It is another beautiful day the Lord has made.
We had to turn the A/C back on yesterday afternoon. Sure was nice sleeping without being sticky, but I miss the windows being open. Of course, when there is no breeze it doesn't feel so good. Ha. Supposed to get to the 90's for a few days. First day of Fall tomorrow.
Yesterday I went to lunch and shopping with a friend. It was fun to get away and just gab, gab, gab. We have been friends since 6th grade in 1960...so have lots to talk about all the time. I bought some odds and ends at Bed,Bath and Beyond (candles) and a shirt and jacket at Stein Mart. I had never been there..will go back. I am in such desperate need of clothes. I keep saying I won't buy until I lose weight, but at this rate I will be naked. SO, I guess I need to break down and shop.
WI..I was down 1 pound since getting serious again. Did real well eating as I had the best salad for lunch then lots of veggies for dinner too. I need to go to Fitday and figure my calories. I did 1400 Sunday..and according to all I have read that is low for me, but I am going to try to stay around that. I figure my counts might not be spot on, so if I aim for 1400 it might be a few calories more or less, but that would be ok. When I tried 1200 calories I could NOT lose no matter what...so I will try this. (Dr. actually told me 1500, so I figure 1400 is doable)
Mom and I are being a little lazy this morning then we head out for a haircut and to the bank. Don't know what else we will do. We are alone here for 3 days, so will just do whatever we want. Ahhh, I do have to clean house and iron in there at some point. So I guess it is not all good.

Francie- I love, love, love Atlantic City. We have been a few times and would love to go back. It is such a looooong drive for us from IN though. My dad used to live in PA, so we would go visit him then go on to AC. Made a nice trip. It sounds like you will be doing lots of traveling this Fall and Winter. Enjoy!!

Jules- Hang in there. You will get to the end of the tunnel with your Dad's finances soon. It is a giant pain I know. I helped mom when my step-dad passed and he had things in a mess. Luckily mom does not have much going on financially, so we won't face that problem. (I hope)

Susan- A trip to Hawaii sounds so good to me right now. I feel like this whole year has just sped by with no rest or fun for me. Now that mom is able to travel I am ready to go somewhere. DH is talking about he and I going to Vegas for my BD in Oct...so we will see. Even 4 days sounds good. My daughter in CA wants mom and I to come out for a visit, but that is not planned yet. I envy your W.I. !

Cristina- You do so well with exercise, much more than I ever accomplish. I did start back up with the weights and WATP. I wish our mall was not so far away...I would go walk there. I just can not stand the heat or sun outside, so I keep putting it off. And I am not an early riser. Did tell DH I need to just set my alarm, get up and walk and have it done. I just haven't done it. (and that is what is wrong with my exercise program...I am lazy)

Katy- Saw the pictures of the mud slide...looked like fun, but I am not sure I could have dove in like you did. LOL. You are looking great though.

Sassy- Where ya at chickie? Did you find a place to move to? Or are you just still packing up and looking for somewhere? I loved the pictures of your house and hope you can rent something you like as well.

Okay, gotta go...been drinking way too much coffee and need to go get ready for haircuts.
suetalks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 11:50 AM   #89  
kitty Momo

Good Morning -

Jules- I am sorry you have all the $$ issues with your fathers estate,hang in there. Can Capitol One even get money from you? What a bunch of nasty people,especially when you just lost a loved one.

Sue- I am trying to get to Hawaii. My child support was suppose to come Friday but it didn't (state had a forlough day,put the system behind) so I dipped into my Hawaii money,figure I could put back into it w/ the cs but didn't want to do that at all. It made me upset,still does......but a girl has to have gas in her car and coffee. Was going to take Gaby's $50 boots back but she wore them today and I lost the receipt.....lol,whatever,,,,,I am going,determined.

Francie - I always thought Billy Idol was skinny....I'll have to go look at a pic. Mike Rowe is hot to me and I have been watching so many Little People Big World shows I am starting to have dreams what it would be like to be w/ Matt Roloff.....haha

anywho. Had a chicken salad yesterday w/ some kraft lite raspberry vinaigrette,it was pretty good, actually had a taste to it....usually those lite dressings don't. I'll take a salad today for lunch.

to everyone...back to work today.

Last edited by Mom2Gaby; 09-21-2010 at 11:51 AM.
Old 09-21-2010, 07:04 PM   #90  
ugggg.....

Susan--they can come after the estate but they can't come after me or Bob..Mike Rowe is definitely hott!!

Sue--most people have been really nice and working with me with Dad's stuff. Glad your Mom is doing well.

Francie--I will have to go look...my brother reminded me I am like hime and Mom and medicenes seem to be rough on us...

I'm really tired but wanted to check in with everyone!!