Old 05-14-2010, 07:38 AM   #16  

Good morning to you all! Another sticky day in my neighborhood. It has been clouding up every afternoon but no rain. I know the BBQ contest starts today and they are supposed to get rained on big surprise.

It is going to cost $165 to fix the mirror and that isn't even a new mirror. On top of that, we have a $250 deductible so we have to basically replace it ourselves. I am so peeved that no one is taking responsibility for this.

Jean: I was taught the phone system at the law office to help out and it was antiquated and scared me to death. The managing partner was a real stickler about you not dropping calls but it was really easy with the system they have. A huge law firm with three big offices in South Bend, Elkhart and Indianapolis and they have a cheesy 25 year old system so I know how you feel. I used to panic when I would go into the church and do the checks for the missionaries. There was a no mistake program the treasurer used and if you goofed, you goofed and the check was printed out wrong. It was horrible and I would dread going in and doing it. On top of that, he taught me once then left the church for another church so I couldn't call him about it. He hadn't trained another treasurer either so I was in hot water with it all the time.

Susan: I do my cleaning in increments so I don't wear myself out. I set a time where I will get up, do certain things then set back down and take a breather, etc. That way it all gets cleaned and I don't end up being exhausted. With Jack's surgery then with the swelling and the weight gain (though I have been fairly good with WW again) and the female stuff, and feeling rather blue about it all, I have to force myself to get things done or to go out and get in the car and go somewhere. I recognize it and am going to make an appt today with my regular dr to get some answers and get myself on track. If I have to face a hysterectomy, I will, but I want to feel better and start losing weight and go back to my happy go lucky self instead of feeling like the world is on my shoulders. I am honest when I say I am miserable all the way around. Jack is helpless to help me as I can't even help myself. As for eating, I am not binging, sitting and eating junk, even eating out a lot but my weight has ballooned about 17 lbs since the last time I was at the doctor's 6 weeks ago and I know that Mother's Day out, and a couple rough eating days will not make me put on weight like that. My legs and feet are so bad that walking for exercise is almost impossible. I do my best to get out and walk but all of it is putting stress on my hips and knees. Anyway, I shall see what they say about the female stuff today then get into see my regular dr asap, but they stay booked pretty heavily.

You gals have a wonderful day and weekend. It is commissary weekend but don't know if it is open or not. Jack is going to call for me when he gets home later this morning. He has a therapy appt this afternoon. Faye
gma22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 03:06 PM   #17  

Good Afternoon, Flowers! The sun is shining, the sun is shining! I started this late this morning and got a phone call in the middle of it, then lost the post. Bob has been home for lunch and the garage door repairman has been here; the spring on Bob's door broke for the second time and the spring they ordered for him is in their truck on the other side of the state! This morning I spent a couple hours at the hospital helping put patient folders together; I was the youngest one there but knew the other 4 ladies. Jason used to deliver newspapers to one of them and she had to tell everyone what a great paperboy he was. I had to and asked her if she knew how many years ago that has been. He graduated in '92 and she couldn't believe it had been that long ago. I should get busy and do 'something' but the sun is shining brightly so I'm thinking I will go for a walk instead.

Susan -- I like using the timer also. I think it helps make the time go a bit faster when I don't watch the clock. I will have to look for the SB book. Maybe WM will have it since they are done moving stuff around. They moved the books and magazines to the back of the store which I think is a stupid place; I would stop and browse often when they were up in front but don't even think about it now.

"Gma" -- I will be curious as to what your doctor has to say today. I hope you get some answers rather than "try this first, and then maybe try that if #1 doesn't work for you." Some people who call the church office on cell phones are hard to understand I think. I just ask them to repeat their name or # if I can't understand them, then end up writing down a message anyway. We got a couple of the automated political yesterday and that surprised me. It is maddening to have to pay for the mirror when the damage isn't your fault in the first place.

Maggie -- What are you up to today?

I'm going to take advantage of the nice weather and head out for a walk. Have a nice "rest of the day!"

Jean -- from Iowa!
Jean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 03:11 PM   #18  
Thin Within

Talking Finally Friday

GOOD AFTERNOON MAGNOLIAS

It is a lovely day here in the heartland. We went to a wedding rehersal yesterday afternoon and I am so proud of myself for all I had was black coffee ~ nothing else passed my lips. This afternoon is the wedding and I am going to be strong at the food thing afterwards. Believe me I have learned to say "no thank you" or "no thank you, I am alergic, for it makes me break out in fat." Yesterday after the rehersal Will wanted to go to Dairy Queen so I had one of their 0 point fudge bars. He also bought be a box of them. They really are good for being fat free and sugar free and high in fiber. And tomorrow we are to go to two graduation parties. One is over at the same folks place at 5 pm which is a BBQ and the other is at the church building at 2. I have go to be STRONG and make good choices for I do not want to blow it. Got to get through these two weeks unscathed.

DONNA FAYE Yikes! Isn't that the way of it to not have the deductable to pay for your mirror. When we had the Mustang Convertible we ran zero deductable and it ended up saving us a bundle. It really wasn't that expensive either. On the Jeep we run 0 for glass. Rocks in the roads do break windshields.

JEAN Doing a full days work is good for you now that you are retired. You do find enough things to keep yourself busy though it does seem.

SUSAN Whatever you did to lose weight sure worked for you. I am so pleased for you. I have been reading a lot of "stuff" re the SB program and there are some changes I am going to be making in my program for sure.

To hip gotta go hop in the rain locker and get ready to go to a wedding. Type at y'all later

Maggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 05:39 PM   #19  

Good evening, ladies! 90 degrees today.

I had to go get my teeth cleaned this morning...nothing else showed up in the x-rays so I'm happy. Still cost $170.

Faye, I'd thing your GP would get you in promptly when you tell him about the swelling and weight gain. It can be hard on your heart according to my doctor. I feel so much better cleaning in increments. I always thought I had to spend the whole day at top speed and do the house. So silly, actually. I guess it's happened when I was working 5 days a week and had so little time to do it.

Jean, I hope the hospital and church appreciate all you do. It does give us a good feeling, doesn't it. You can go on Walmart's website and find the book there and have it delivered to the store (no shipping charge). They have thousands of books online.

Maggie, you go, Girl! It isn't easy refusing food but you'll benefit in the end. Weight loss is all about doing what supports your goals. WW Filling Foods accounts for 90% of my points. The rest are bread, flavored yogurt and the occasional treat.

Have a good evening.
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 11:41 PM   #20  
Thin Within

Talking Friday At 10:30 At Night

GREETINGS MAGNOLIAS :wave;

Just in checking a post that isn't here. The poster must have removed it so now I can't welcome the person because they were here and now gone. I will tell y'all what I did this afternoon at the after wedding shindig. Drank coffee. Didn't indulge in the food. Afterward Will and I went to Applebees and I had meat and salad sans dressing.

Now tomorrow is a party at 2 that I need to get through and the dinner later at 5. I got a look at the menu they are fixing at the dinner and there is a lot on it that I can stay OP with eating. They made the menu not for us to choose from but for them to work off of and check when the items are done. BBQ steak, BBQ pork chops, Pulled pork, BBQ chicken, Shiskabob shrimp and about 5 salads and another 5 sides of veggies and lots of desserts. She is leaving the dressing off the green salad and putting out bottles of dressing so guests can choose. Enough food to feed Cox's army as we used to say.

SUSAN Congratulations on a good check up at the dentist. I need to make an appointment. We have good insurance so that doesn't cost anything for a check up and cleaning every 6 months. Then if we have any work done we have a piggy back program that pays the overage that the dentist may charge. I do love getting my choppers cleaned. I am taking your advice and including beans in my daily intake. Started today and had a half a cup. Thanks for the 411.

Well gals I am going to look at my mail and call it a night. Type at y'all later.

Last edited by Maggie; 05-14-2010 at 11:49 PM.
Maggie is offline   Reply With Quote