Old 10-25-2009, 11:04 AM   #16  

Good morning, ladies! From 80 degrees to 58 today. I feel like I might be coming down with a cold so I am going to take it easy today.

Faye, I'll bet you cringe every time you hear a fire truck. Poor lady...it's got to be so hard to see your son go down that path.

Jean, I'm with Bob - I love squash of any kind. I'd tell them to come and get the dishwasher. It's ridiculous you can't get it working correctly.

Maggie, have a blessed Sunday!
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 04:41 PM   #17  

Good Afternoon, Flowers! We skipped church this morning and headed to an omelette breakfast for the police department; they are buying new defibrillators for their police cars. We had sunshine for a short while and now the clouds have returned.

Bob was going to help me with the ceiling fan lights and in taking them down one of the light bulb brackets broke. So we headed for Sioux City to buy a new light unit. Between Menard's, Lowes, and Home Depot there was only one fixture that would work so we bought it keeping our fingers crossed.

Now I don't feel like doing any more! I hope they stay relatively clean until I have card club in November. They are definitely brighter than the dusty ones.

"Gma" -- You are so kind to watch out for your neighbor and I'm sure that she appreciates knowing she could call you if necessary. That is scary about her son though. I'm surprised they would use the sirens in the early morning when there isn't any traffic and going into a residential area. Good luck with new yarn for the hand bag.

Susan -- It's 51 degrees as I type. The wind isn't blowing and it isn't raining so that's a plus. The sun is supposed to shine tomorrow. Since I got to talk to the store owner, and he knows how much money we have spent there over the years, I will wait and see what he has to say tomorrow. I did ask him if the plant had moved to Mexico and he assured me that it hadn't. I'm to the point where if it isn't made in the U. S. I'm not buying it -- I just may be saving big bucks!

I should go put another load of clothes in. It seems like if I don't get whatever done in the morning my energy level fizzles by the afternoon. A nap sounds better right now.

Have a nice "rest of the day" and a Marvelous Monday.

Jean -- from Iowa!
Jean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 07:31 AM   #18  

Good morning to you all! I am going to hit the upstairs today and try and get it cleaned and the sheets washed and the bed remade.

Jean: We need to take down the ceiling fan in the living room and get rid of it and buy another one. It works but the lighting fixtures are goofy at times and I am tired of dealing with it. I do like having the fan though as it can get warm when the oven and or dryer is going down here.

Susan: You take care of yourself. You don't need to end up in the hospital again. I woke up with some coughing and sneezing this am, but I think it is only a bit of allergy maybe. I need to get out back and do leaf blowing again, but I dread it. All that dirt and such always has me sneezing by the time I finish. It will have to be done a couple times as it always is.

I am about halfway done with the bag and I think it will turn out cute. I just hope it doesn't look too babyish for a 16 year old.

Not much else going on today. I actually didn't wake up to sirens and firetrucks today so consider ourselves lucky. Have a great Monday!
Faye
gma22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 09:25 AM   #19  

Good Morning, Flowers! The sun is peeking through the leftover clouds and the weatherman has promised 3 nice days in a row! I know the farmers will be happy! Bob just left for the office but I imagine he will be home before noon to change and head for the farm. I've got to do some serious cleaning today. I have good intentions, get started, and then interrupted or distracted. That is a bad habit of mine!

"Gma" -- One of the salesmen told us that if your fan is a certain brand (Hunter) you can't buy another brand of light fixture. The new ones have plugs and don't need to be rewired. Our fan is old enough that Bob could do the wiring. We went from 4 lights to 3 and I had my doubts as to whether it would give us enough light but we can't tell any difference. They are clear candelabra lights rather than the "normal" clear round lights we had.

Susan -- Hope you are A - OK today!

Maggie -- What are you up to today? Ernie had been good for a week so I'm hoping for another good day.

I'm off to vacuum and dust/mop the floor that I didn't get done last week. My kitchen tile is patterned and I noticed there are drips and dribbles -- wonder where they came from!

Hope you all have a great sunshine kind of day!

Jean -- from Iowa!

Last edited by Jean; 10-26-2009 at 09:26 AM.
Jean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 12:03 PM   #20  

Good morning, ladies! Cold again but the rain is gone until Wednesday when it is also going into the 80s again.

I'm feeling better today. Must have been my allergies. I have Bible Study this evening - Sermon on the Mount. I love it.

Faye, hooray for no fire trucks this morning!

Jean, I'm with you - anything to avoid cleaning. Maybe you need to get Ernie to play so he can feel like a hunter. Cupid's favorite toy is a button on a long string I can twirl and a fish on a line and pole. He also loves the laser pointer I have. It's silly, but he will chase the light all over and pounce on it.

Hi, Maggie.
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 01:18 PM   #21  
Thin Within

Talking Monday ~ Monday

GOOD MORNING MAGNOLIAS

Good morning Magnolias on this lovely day in the neighborhood. I have WW this evening and sure hope that iron monster shows me down some. I had a good week and do expect a bit of a loss. I probably mentioned this to you but I made a little 5 year old a small box for her birthday. Well she has a little sister that is 2 and wants one so bad. I told her when she reached 5 (5 fingers) I would make her one. Well the little tyke tells me as she holds up 5 fingers “5 years old and you make me a box.” Her mother told me that out of the blue during the week while playing Olivia would tell her she gets a box when she is 5. She is so cute and won’t let me forget for sure. She looks at me with those big blues and asks, “Promise?” The 12 o’clock siren is sounding and the neighborhood dogs are raising a ruckus. Ole Ragg Mopp is asleep on the bed between two kittens. This just might wake him up though. Will bought me a new pan (1 qt pot w/lid) Saturday. It is CIA (Culinary Institute of America). It is job rated and stainless with copper core and very heavy. And SPENDY. He said if I like it he would get me a whole set of that brand. I had to get rid of most of my set when we moved becuse they were so heavy.

DONNA FAYE How nice to get a new ceiling fan. We have fans in most of the rooms in this house and truly are thankful. I especially like the one in the kitchen. Hopefully you won’t get woken up by any more fire alarms now. Gracious sakes you sure had a bunch of them all so close together.

JEAN Serious cleaning. That sounds scarey; serious even. Has Ernie been neutered? I remember when Turn was up in years he sure got crabby in his old age.

SUSAN Enjoy your bible study session. How many attend your group?

I need to go get some lunch and then get back to my glass works. Type at y’all later.

Maggie is offline   Reply With Quote