Old 10-08-2009, 04:33 AM   #16  

Good morning gals. I got up with a backache so came downstairs to do a couple things before getting in the chair and decided to go ahead and post.

I have clinic this afternoon and I need to run the shoes back by UPS as they have to go back. They are really comfortable, but I need a wide and they don't sell a wide. I wouldn't be able to wear socks with these shoes so back they go. I went and ordered a pair of Clarks that were a third of the price and had 4+ stars out of 5 of 143 comments so I am hoping they will do the trick. If so, I might order the other color they have in my size. They are completely out of black so I went with a gray color. They should be here tomorrow.

Jean: The tvs started working again and you get a little box on the screen that says something about the new softwear download so I will probably go upstairs and try and download it this morning then if it goofs up again wait and reschedule the repair appt. I canceled it when they started working again. I like the vneck sweater too and vnecks look good on my because I have a short neck, but the pattern around the neck is crochet, so I will have teach myself how to crochet more than a chain or single crochet to put the neckline on. I thought any of the colors would look great with jeans, or white capris or pants so would be cool for Florida weather.

Maggie: Hope the kittens are doing well being back at home now. I am sure RM missed them bunches.

Susan: Thanks for your input. I am leaning heavily towards the yellow sweater, but as I told Jean have to learn crochet to finish it.

Everyone have a great day. I am going to knit a bit or maybe just take a nap in the chair until Jack gets up for work.
Faye
gma22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 10:21 AM   #17  

Good Morning, Flowers! We are back to wet gloomy weather, but at least it's not windy today. Yesterday was such a beautiful day; the sunshine sure made the dust show! I'm waiting for news from AZ as my "sister" is lingering day by day now. The funeral will be in my hometown whenever it happens.

"Gma" -- I hope your back is feeling much better by now. I'm sorry the shoes won't work for you; I've had good luck with Clarks but only have the slip on style. I hope your TVs are ok and you don't have reschedule for the repairman to come. I didn't realize the the sweater neckline was crocheted -- after thinking about it I don't think I've ever seen a pattern that combines knitting and crocheting in the same item. I don't look at patterns much. Have a nice afternoon at the clinic -- hope no one has the H1N1 flu!

I'm packing away some dishes so need to get a move on and wash them first. I should get rid of them, but . . . . . . . . . .

Have a terrific Thursday and !

Jean -- and from Iowa!
Jean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 10:35 AM   #18  

Good morning, ladies. A beautiful day - cool this morning but it should be in the 70s by afternoon.

I saw Pat at bible study Monday and we agreed to meet for dinner before the our quilting bee. We ate and rushed on to the bee. Surprisingly, no one else had arrived - you got it. The bee is next Wednesday. Anyway, we'll go to dinner again.

My co-workers are taking me to lunch today for my birthday (since I won't be working tomorrow). We're going to an up scale Italian restaurant so points be hanged!

Faye, I hope you find some shoes that work for you. I'm sadly thinking I'm going to have to put the sandals away soon and actually wear shoes and socks.

Maggie, please post a picture of the firehouse when you get it done, if you can. I really want to see it.

Jean, I was looking at my china closet and everything is so dirty I'm going to have to take it apart this weekend. I have was too much crystal and china but I can't part with any of it.

Have a great day!
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 02:17 PM   #19  
Thin Within

Talking Titilating Thursday

GOOD AFTERNOON MAGNOLIAS
It is a rainey day here in the Heartland. Been raining all trough the night nice and gentle so it soaks in. Something is in the air though because my eyes are watering and ~ no ~ I am not crying just tearey eyed. Makes it hard to focus on this computer screen. I have a meal out thawing from Schwans ~ it is a pork cutting with a marinade pouch thingie and if it is good I'll let y'all know. It is only 5 points for a serving and the packet serves 2 so that is a good thing. I'll be grilling it.

DONNA FAYE I hope by the time you read this your back feels much better. Ouch. If you aren't happy with the gray color on your new shoes you can dye them. The kittens don't come home until this evening around 5. I sure hope they are on their way to healing when they come home.

JEAN Yep it is wet here also ~ fall is here. Where is your hometown? I probably knew once but that was then and now I can't think of it.

SUSAN I will have to figure out how to post a picture and then I will post one of my firehouse. I have a little digital camera and a cable to hook to my computer etc. Just never did it and now I need to locate the cable. I do believe it is here in my desk drawer though. Hope so.

MARIYN From Texas? I love Texas and have some dear friends out there. In fact we were out there not too long ago. to the group and please do come back so we can get to know you.

Well folks I am gonna get some glass work done. Type at y'all later.

Last edited by Maggie; 10-08-2009 at 02:19 PM.
Maggie is offline   Reply With Quote