Closed Thread

Old 08-14-2002, 08:10 AM   #1  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

Default Fat Fat Fat Fat Fat Fat Cooooooowwwwww And Sowwwwwwwwwwwww

I AM SO DISGUSTED WITH MYSELF---I LOST ABOUT SIX POUNDS--AND IT TOOK ABOUT 2 MONTHS!!!!![MAY AND JUNE]---I AM SURE I HAVE PUT ON AT LEAST TEN ---MAYBE TWELVE SINCE THE BEGINNING OF JULY---- I FEEL LIKE A BIG PUFFY PIG AND THIS HAS TO STOOOOOOOOOOOP!!!!!!! FRAPPE AND CHERRY!!!!!!!DO SOMETHING!!!!!!!!!!!---and by the way,just to be bit@hy-----IT'S FREEZING HERE---TWENTY MINUTES FROM HERE,IT'S 37 DEGREES---IN THIS TOWN ----ITS ONLY 16!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I HAD TO USE THE DUVET LAST NIGHT!!!! I HEARD AN AMERICAN TOURIST WHINING ----IT'S TOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO COLD AROUND HERE!!!!!!!!!! THERE'S NOTHING TO DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO-----WELL AT LEAST HE IS NOT A BIG FAT COW-SOW----SOMEONE HELP MEEEEEEEEEEE---TODAY I WILL WALK AND DO WEIGHTS----sigh
Old 08-14-2002, 11:48 AM   #2  
Dysfunctional Queen

Default Fasting

Here's the deal with the fast. We signed up with a guy on the internet who has been overseeing fasts for 30 years. He monitors everything, tells you exactly what to do and is available for all questions. He is kind of a nut, but what do you expect?

This is what we "ate" for 30 days:
am: 1 c vegetable broth made to his specifications
mid morning: 1 c herbal tea
lunch: 1 cup fresh fruit juice
mid afternoon: 1 c herbal tea
dinner: 1 c fresh vegetable juice
evening: 1 cup herbal tea
bedtime: 1 c vegetable broth

There are 3-4 days transition in and transition out.
That's it. He believes in it not so much for weight, but for total detox. After a day or two I wasn't hungry. I was really sick with a sinus infection when I started which cleared up without meds. There were days I was exhausted, days when I felt great. A lot of that has to do with the detox, "What hurts going in, hurts going out."

Immediately after fasting, I put 10 lbs back on, which I knew would happen...water, etc. But I didn't put inches back on. I started out with my size 12's being VERY snug or not exactly fitting and I'm down to a comfortable 7/8 now.

It wasn't easy. It's boring, tedious, obsessive. But I needed something to kick start me. It worked for that. If you want the web site, email me and I'll send it to you.

love and kisses
frappe berrypie
Old 08-14-2002, 12:49 PM   #3  
Member w/ messiest house

Default 30 days of that?

Holy COW! I've heard of people doing fasts for a few days, or one day every week, etc., but 30 days would sure make a difference in something!

Send website, I want to check this out.

By the way, you can get your own lil picture by going into your profile, Edit Options, scroll down to the bottom to Avatar. They have a bunch to choose from or you can upload your own.

It is unbearably hot here too. I can't do anything but sit at the computer . Yesterday when I drove DD to her guitar lesson (almost an hour from here) it was 95 deg (35C!), then we drove through a big violent thunderstorm and the temperature actually dropped 25 degrees to 70 (that's 21C). While we were at the lesson, the storm moved in there so it was cool driving back. That is until we got home, where it was stinking 95 again! No storm here, and it's the same today. So Bagz, you can just tell any of those moronic Merkins who are complaining, that they can jolly well toddle over the border and have a blazing hot day instead.

Everyone should check out the Sticky message at the top of the forum. They are moving the forum, so bookmarks may not work by Monday.

My poor old doggy now has another problem -- she started limping a couple of days ago and it's not getting any better. Vet this afternoon. Last time she was limping, it was because there was a piece of dog food in her paw . Not gonna be that simple this time. (Frappe: she's 15, totally deaf and went blind in one eye several weeks ago. Other than that she's fine )

Back to the sweatbox

Kiwi
Old 08-14-2002, 04:46 PM   #4  
*kiss* *kiss* *kiss*

Default waddle waddle waddle

I am waddling by to tell you that I used brie cheese and no basil cause I didn't have any and parsley out of a jar and it was wonderfulllllll.

Was this American cute Bagz? Or just thin? I want to know about the fast, too. Now, I gotta go. Someone is TRYING to dial out on the line.

Waddle waddle.
Old 08-14-2002, 05:09 PM   #5  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

THE BASIL IS WHAT MAKES THE DISH FOR ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I WANT TO HEAR ABOUT THE FAST TOO---HAVE WE ALL BECOME FAD DIETERS IN DESPERATION???? FRAPPE'S FROM HOLLYWOOD--SHE IS SUPPOSED TO KNOW HOW TO DO THAT--WE JUST TALK ABOUT LOSING WEIGHT---REMEMBER CRAZY MAMA---SHE ALWAYS TYPED IN CAPS LIKE A CRAZY BAT----I THINK I MAY HAVE BECOME HER.
Old 08-14-2002, 05:23 PM   #6  
Member w/ messiest house

my obf, the writer, types all email in lower case. it's very relaxing, not using the shift keys, don't you think? but in all caps it looks more like shouting, whereas in lower case, it's so much more .. hmm .. unobtrusive?

i tried to make your tomato recipe with mozzarella. i don't recommend it, doesn't melt well enough. you know that recipe really is good without all the cheese....

later gators, we're going to the big city to see "signs" Tata

kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkeeeeeeeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwweeeeeeee
Old 08-14-2002, 07:00 PM   #7  
Miss. Brat

S/C/G: 262/262/140

Height: 5'3"

Angry

I am back finally. It has been hotter than here last few days. Yesterday was 101 day before I took my son home. I hit a traffic jam and it was about the same that day but in traffic with a 10 year old? OMG I want crazy!
I have had my son with me last 2 weeks! He was going to stay for a few days and it turned into 2 weeks at least. Maybe it was 3?
I want to know who is Fly Lady? We had a garage sale this last weekend. I made around $300 but most was DH. I still made about $100 for me. I have spent most of it already and don't know on what? Well 45 of it. I guess gas lunch dinner a couple of times.... It sure spends easier then it makes.
I have a tummy flu today so I am going to go take a nap. I will post tomorrow! Daphne
Hi everyone!
Old 08-15-2002, 02:29 AM   #8  
Member w/ messiest house

Default oh dammmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

I wrote a message and forgot to post it.

Flylady helps many a messy person clean up their houses by bombarding them with nagging emails all day long so finally they stop playing on the computer and go do something else.

Loved Signs, especially the little girl -- click for pic from Signs . Now I'm home and HOT again. Let's face it the only reason we drove 75 miles each way to see a movie was because of the air conditioning.

kiwi
Old 08-15-2002, 04:21 AM   #9  
fatter than U

Talking hi darlings

Ds 6 and I went to the dentist on Tuesday. He has perfect teeth and I have a cavity that is NOT NOT NOT my fault. Seems like an ancient filling (must be at least 25 yrs old) has started to come loose (can I spell or what?) and those darn sugar bugs found their way in there to a place where I can't brush. Uck. So next Tuesday I'll have to walk around all morning with a frozen upper lip and a runny nose. Oh well, at least it's not a root canal.

Wow, Frappe, I could never be disciplined enough to do that. Didn't you feel faint? Size 7/8 sounds divine.

Guess I have to try out that pasta dish since everyone else is doing it. With all these picky eaters around here, I'll probably have to eat it all myself, which is really not a problem, as you well know.

Off to work in the garden.

Are we going to be separated all weekend? Hope I can find my way back.
Old 08-15-2002, 11:51 AM   #10  
Member w/ messiest house

Default I'm here again

It's hot. Couldn't I have sweated off at least a few pounds by now? I certainly am not eating much. But then I also can't get off my butt to do anything even remotely related to exercize, so I suppose it's a wash.

Took my dog to the vet yesterday. He thinks she has a sprain, poor baby. Will probably be limping for weeks to come. I just hope I don't have to start carrying her outside to pee 3x a day. Something about all that black fur sticking to my sweaty skin, not good.

Somebody tell me what to do. I have no energy.

Kiwi
Old 08-15-2002, 01:03 PM   #11  
Dysfunctional Queen

Default melting away

All this "glowing" should be melting off pounds. I'll email you all the fast website when I can get the energy.

Haven't done my walk for 3 days. this weather sux!

hi, Daphne. I sorta know who you are because I read some old posts. I'd tell you who I am except i'm too hot and tired and headachey and boring. someone else will probably fill you in but it will probably be wrong. i have to go drink some more water.

Old 08-15-2002, 03:02 PM   #12  
*kiss* *kiss* *kiss*

ds got his braces off today after 3.5 years. He looks so handsome.

Flylady will send you emails everynight telling you to go to bed. This is true. DS did not believe it either.

Berrypie is an American who lives in Canada and she has red hair. Her dh produces Canadian tv shows and her dd acts in American movies. She, herself, is simply part of the audience like you and me.

I was reminising this morning about the day I pulled off a shirt and stuck my thumb accidentally in a ceiling fan. It was bruised and owie. I expected sympathy but only got a word from Lush that something she was doing was so easy "even a person who sticks their hands in ceiling fans could do it." I miss that abuse.
Old 08-15-2002, 03:46 PM   #13  
Miss. Brat

S/C/G: 262/262/140

Height: 5'3"

Darling Peaches congrats on the son and his braces. My son has had his off a year now plus some. I love his smile he is so cute. Thanks for the laugh about the fan. DH and I have been frisky and bouncing around on the bed and came close to hitting heads on the fan above our bed. It is hot here again today was suppose to be mid 70s but now they say upper 80s! grrrrr I want cooler weather. OK have to go for now will post tonight.
Daphne
Old 08-15-2002, 04:00 PM   #14  

And we miss her abusing you. I have a hard time believing she actually went off and got a life. She was probably like me and just got tired of hearing herself say she had nothing to say.

Ahhhh. at least today I can breath around here. That heat was stifling. My DS's friend called to say I was invited to go swimming with them. Isn't that sweet? Do you think I would actually appear in a swimsuit in front of a bunch of 19 year old boys? Not!

Kiwi, you are the bestest doggie mom. I am not. I keep threatening to call golden retriever rescue to come and rescue me. We used to have a golden retriever that was not only beautiful, but intelligent too. The dog we have now looks beautiful, but there's really nobody home in that noggin.

Peaches, be sure and make DS wear that retainer! My DS wasn't very good about it and his teeth are no longer the perfection they were when he got his braces off. Still pretty, just not perfect.

Hi everybody else - toodles
Old 08-15-2002, 05:21 PM   #15  
Member w/ messiest house

Default I was gonna say something

but the heat made me forget it. Here in Maine, where people go in the summer to escape the heat, it has been at least 95 every day this week. I can't breathe.

Congrats to DS for getting his braces off! Does he have the clear retainers like DD? She's been very good about them because they honestly don't even show unless you look very closely.

That was pretty funny about your hand in the fan, Peaches. What silly things have you been doing lately so that we can give you a hard time?

We just got about 4000 photos in the mail. Some of them are 2-1/2 years old . Many are adorable pics of my nephews. I don't know why but there are NO pictures of our Peaches and Kiwi night on the town! I guess maybe DD's friend was the one who took pics that night. Hope I get to see them one of these years.

There are some pictures of me that are so hideous that I will probably be burning them. And tell me, why did I stand behind a board with a couple of pigs on it and a giant sign saying "Hog's Breath Saloon" and stick my head up to one of the face holes and actually allow someone to take my picture like that??? That's just wrong.

Kiwi
Closed Thread