Old 06-20-2009, 11:11 AM   #16  
Thin Within

Talking Saturday

GOOD MORNING MAGNOLIAS
Muggy here in the heartland. Not much going on with me this morning. I don't want to get anything going because we have a luncheon and baby shower to go to at noon o'clock. Will has the scratcy throut and a bit of coughing with chills and sweats during the night. UGH, I will probably come down with it in a couple days. It seems he always gets a cold first and what a guy, shares it with me. I haven't had one in so long maybe I can scoot through this and not get it.

DONNA FAYE So sorry it is now your turn to be under the weather. Medicate yourself and get better quick. I had heard about that drying out dogs skin but it doesn't seem to bother Ragg Mopp ~ except he scratches once in a while. I know he doesn't have fleas because we make sure he gets his anit flea, tick, & mosquito meds once a month along with his heart worm meds so he doesn't get that dreaded disease. Anyway his skin is probably dry.

Have a lovely weekend folks type at y'all later
Maggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 05:55 PM   #17  

Good evening, ladies! No rain today but it is 95 degrees and muggy. Not a day to be outside.

I went to Glory's the afternoon and we worked on our Challenge projects a little more. I think one more session will finish things up.

I'm looking for a digital camera that doesn't cost too much. Then I could take pictures so you could see my work. Anyway that's my plan.

Faye and Maggie - please don't get sick! Take your meds so you get over it quickly. Knock on wood, I've haven't had the flu or a cold in more than a year. I guess bathing in hand sanitizer works!

I weighed in today and I lost 3 pounds last week. I'm back in the 150s so I'm happy.

Time for dinner so I need to prepare it!
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 03:50 AM   #18  

Good early morning ladies! I thought I would post while waiting for the next round of meds to kick in. I finally got some sleep after 48 hours around 9 pm last night, but woke up around 2 coughing so I got up and took more meds, let Fortune out, went to the bathroom, folded a load of towels I left in the dryer yesterday and put away the dishes out of the dishwasher. I then took out the trash and straightened the living room so nothing will have to be done in the morning now.

Susan: Congrats on the losses! I know you have to be happy about that with the steroids and such. I buy hand sanitizer in big bottles and it sits on my kitchen sink. It is easier to give myself a pump when I need to clean my hands in a hurry. Like you said, you live with someone close and you are bound to get whatever they get. I am not even sure it was from Jack. When I went to the dr office it had about 45 patients in the waiting room and of course I sat down to the only person who coughed. I moved when they called me to pay my copay, but he coughed out into the air so I wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't this guy I got the bug from.

Maggie: Oh, I hope you can bypass Will's sharing! Jack is still coughing on and off from his bought a week ago. At least I didn't have to suffer being sick and without power like poor Jack did last week.

Well gals, it is back to bed for me!
Faye
gma22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 08:43 PM   #19  

Good evening, ladies. About 10 degrees cooler today and a bit less humidity.

I work up with a pain in my right hip and it has not gotten any better during the day. I had this once before and it took a few days and cured itself. It doesn't hurt when I am sitting, but when I get up its very painful but it gets a bit better after I move around a little. I had to go get a Tracfone minutes card because mine expires today so I went to Kmart because it's a much shorter walk inside then Walmart. To my surprise, they had a nice little purple Vivitar Vivicam 5024 camera on sale for $39.95 so I grabbed the last one. Since I've never had one before and won't use it much, I think this will be just fine.

Faye, I hope you have a speedy recovery. It seems 10 times worse when you are sick in the hot weather.

A boring day, today. I need to pay some bills and then get ready for work tomorrow.

Have a good night.
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote