Old 06-01-2009, 10:31 AM   #16  

Good Morning, Flowers! I am upstairs to get dressed and ready for the day. I need to start on laundry since I didn't do any over the weekend. I'll pull out a chair and stay down in the basement for a couple hours rather than go up and down the stairs. My knee is better than it was on Saturday, but I can still tell there is a twinge if I happen to bend it the wrong way. I have kitchen counters that need to be cleaned off and then make a grocery list. With me home at noon the lunch food seems to disappear faster for some reason.

Susan -- I noticed that you and I posted about the same time yesterday. I never got back here last night so will greet you today. Congrats on passing up the DQ! We did stop enroute home from the lake yesterday. Bob had a $5 coupon that his mom got when she opened her checking account here in town. The main office is in the town on the way to/from the lake. The guy looked at the coupon and refused to take it saying is was a Storm Lake "thing!" Our McD's hires at minimum wage and no benefits according to the kids at school. They are the main employees at McD which is in WM here. It is always dirty in the eating area and I know too many of the kids to trust eating there, so we don't. Did you go to school to learn about computers, or have you learned by "doing?" I am impressed with all you know how to do! I would be lost big time!

"Gma" -- I'm surprised the pattern didn't give you the appropriate size zipper for the size sweater you are knitting. I admire you for jumping right in and doing it! My mom was a perfectionist seamstress as was my grandmother. I think that is why I never liked sewing when I lived at home. If I had to take something apart, I would put the item aside and never look back. Once I was married I started sewing, but never anything too complicated like a suit jacket type thing. I'd like to do some sewing for Maddy and Zowie. I'll have to start with a bigger pattern size so they can grow into it by the time I'd get it done . . . or else it will be out of season.

I'm off to get busy and show some sort of accomplishment for the morning. Have a great day!

Jean -- from Iowa!
Jean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 04:06 PM   #17  
Thin Within

Talking It's June

GOOD AFTERNOON MAGNOLIAS

It is the first day of June folks. Good day for anyone to get back on the wagon that has fallen off. Life is good here in the heartland. Ragg Mopp is at the groomer for a bath and a trim and will sleep all afteroon. He loves going to the goomer. Well I ended up giving away that last building I made to keep yesterday. There is a couple at church that may be leaving the area soon and so I reached down on my list and gave her one. Her husband is a music teacher at the University who just lost his job and so they will need to find work elsewhere. She is a nurse and won't have trouble getting a position and did I mention she is 4 months pg. Anyway I was glad to have that building to give her now. After I get all my ladies at church fixed up with a building night light I am planning on making each of you one, if you would like one that is. I'll put all your names in a container and draw them and make a list of who gets the first, etc. It will be awhile though for I still have several to make first. : Just thought I would mention it.

DONNA I am soglad that Will isn't boring. I know what you mean for I've heard a few in my day that were hard to listen to. I also love smmertine fruits and buy USA grown when at all possible. We have higher standards. Did you read about all those birds dying in Australia from pestiside poison?

JEAN I do so hope your knee gets better soon. Makes it hard to get round when those knees don't want to co-operate. I can imagine that is a lovely quilt they gave you. How nice of that woman.

SUSAN what is totally weird is that the chonies I ordered are too big and the same size as the outer clothing and large than the last batch I got at the same size. Levs are that way ~ sized a bit on the large side. Wally Haas who is the owner of Levis and of the Oakland A's baseball team (I don't know if he is still living, probably not) owned a ranch in Montana when we lived there. The Beaver Meadows Ranch. A movie was made there called "A River Runs Through It". This ranch has a river running through it and is located on one side of the Yellowstone Park. Anyway we knew the manager and his wife of that ranch back then and when he went on vacation we got to manage it. We did some hunting there also. I love Montana.

Too Hip ~ Gotta go. Have a great day folks. Type at y'all later.

Maggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 07:38 PM   #18  
Thin Within

Talking Recipes

HOWDY MAGNOLIAS

I just started us a new thread called STEEL MAGNOLIA RECIPES. I encourage you to post there with some of your favorite quickie type recipes that help us all down the road to thin. I have several booklets I have made up of recipes I have gleaned from WW meetings and friends that are good and I just want to share them with y'all.

Maggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 10:24 PM   #19  

Hi Maggie! It's too bad you are losing such a nice couple from your area. It was good that you had a building done so that you could give her one. They are nice keepsakes! I still have the cat box you made for me a few years ago. I would love a glass house! Bob's hometown church is getting a new minister who has spent several years working with Spanish speaking churches. Her husband will be in AZ working with Spanish speaking people in the ministry down there. They've been married 42 years and this is the first time they will be apart. I thought that was kind of strange. Our new associate pastor (she is single) is coming from CA and has been working with Spanish speaking members of a church there. I'm not sure what this means except our church has tried to get "new" people to come to church and join in. As far as I know none have come since if they go anywhere, it is to the Catholic Church. Time will tell, I guess.

I will be anxious to check out your recipes. Since I'm not a good "cooker" my WW recipes are few and far between.

I'm off to fold a load of clothes and then head to bed. Have a terrific Tuesday tomorrow!
Jean is offline   Reply With Quote