Old 10-16-2008, 10:05 PM   #16  

Good Evening, Flowers! I just finished decluttering the kitchen counter . . . again. *sigh* Tomorrow is a half day at school and I am more than ready for the weekend! Bob is back in the fields, but the forecast is for rain tomorrow. I'd like to go to Sioux City and return a pair of shoes; shoes always feel ok in the store and when I get them home they don't.

"Gma" -- We pay for our garbage pick-up separately from any other bill. We get billed every 3 months @ $21.50 a month. I think it is a rip off because we put out 1 bag and the guy up the street will have 5 bags out! There's nothing we can do about it so I pay and shut up. The penguin bowling game sounds cute . . . good thing it is a cloth ball. Does the cookbook have lots of "good" recipes in it? I didn't realize that Paula had a kids' cookbook.

Susan -- It was 33 degrees when I came downstairs this morning and 62 on my way home from school. We were spoiled by our unusually warm weather in September. I've never eaten at a Ruby Tuesday's but your meal sounds good . . . especially the cake part! It seems like it is getting darker earlier every evening. I don't like to go anywhere once I'm home and it's dark out.

I'm going to figure out what I am wearing tomorrow and head off to bed. Have a fantastic Friday!

Jean -- from Iowa!
Jean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 09:54 AM   #17  

Good morning ladies! Just a quick post as we are getting ready to head to the commissary. Jack decided to take a bonus day today and so he has a nice 3 day weekend.

Jean: Hope your half day goes quickly. Looks like you only have a couple more hours or so from the time here, unless you start at 9 am. The recipe book is cute. I hope T doesn't think it is too childish. They are basic recipes like peanut butter and jelly, but they have some recipes on making bread for your pbj, some cute easy desserts and breakfast items for the kids to make. It is very simple language and lots of cartoon like pictures to follow.

Susan: I had that chocolate cake when we went out for my birthday and I didn't like it. I guess it was too dense of a cake for me or something. I am not a huge ice cream fan either so I only ate about one spoon of it. They have a nice salad bar there though. Not real big, but enough to get your fill of veggies and such.

I think maybe we will go to Jason's deli today and I can get the salad bar there. It is fabooooo! Last time they had strawberry shortcake. They had taken pound cake and torn it into pieces and mixed fresh berries, whipped cream
and the cake all together and put it into one of those stone containers they use for condiments and such. It was really good. They also have soft serve ice cream than everybody can have free, which is a nice thing. You can get a cone or make a sundae. They have great variety of veggies, olives and such, muffins, garlic toast and crackers and about 10 different dressings to choose from.

I guess I better get a move one so we can get this done. You know how much I love it. Oh, our gas is down around $2.70 a gallon, how's yours? It drops almost everyday now. Jack says he thinks it will stabilize around $2.50 and stay there so we shall see. I don't mind $2.50 as we sure aren't going to ever see the 35 cent gas again are we gals?!?!

Faye
gma22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 10:57 AM   #18  
Thin Within

Talking Finally Friday

GOOD MORNING MAGNOLIAS

It is a wonderful cooler day here in the neighborhood. Tad bit of frost the last couple of nights. AH summer has past. I got a nice small glass box finished and in it's wrapping for one of the girls birthday present and for the little 5 year old we got a gift certificate to her faverate place ~ McDonalds. The parents are having a combined birthday party Saturday evening and serving dinner. They said "no gifts" but I cannot go to a kids birthday party and not take something. On the same day in the afternoon there is a baby shower and I got the neatest thing that a new mom usually doesn't get because she has to get all the "basics" first. But I am a grandma and can get "other things." It has a bear with a long cloth attached cape that is silk and satan feeley material. It is all white and cream color and beautiful and cuddley and comfort giving and completely washable. I have seen babies with them before and they just love them. I had one similar for my daughter and you know, she never did have a pacifier. She would just go to sleep and hug that bear and feel it's cape. It was a "toy" that never left the bed to be dragged around. She learned quick that it's home was the bed. Anyway it is really neat. I am so glad that the new baby shop in town has different things then you find at WalMart. So tomorrow is going to be a busy day with a shower in the afternoon and a birthday party in the evening.

JEAN How nice you have half day. A good start on the weekend. Have a good one.

DONNA I love the choices you have at buffet type restaurants. I can eat good food and stay OP if I choose. In fact an elderly gentleman from out of town called and wanted to take us to lunch the other day and we went to a place like that. Gracious sakes they had the choices. That ole guy is a hoot and I believe I may have laughed off a few calories.

Well gals I had better get my breakfast and then back to my glass works. December is coming soon.

Type at ya'll later.
Maggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 06:01 PM   #19  

Good evening, ladies. What a change in the weater - down in the 50s right now! And raining - all day.

I had to go to the grocery store since I haven't been there for 2 weeks. Wouldn't you know I forgot (and they were on my list) bread and milk. I still have some but I'm aggravated I have to go again.

Faye, we have a Jason's Deli here. I always get the salad bar. The bad thing is those muffins - too good! Gas here is $2.46 today. I hope it keeps on going down.

Maggie, the bear sounds lovely. I have the first stuffed animal I got when I was born - a little lamb made out of leather!

Jean, I hope you enjoyed your extra time off.

Have a good evening.
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 05:54 PM   #20  

Good evening ladies! Where is everyone today? Still cold and raining here.

Didn't do much today. Went to Curves then to get bread. Came home and did laundy and quilted all afternoon. Still have some to do tomorrow. A rather boring day.

Have a good evening.
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote