Closed Thread

Old 07-15-2008, 02:09 PM   #76  
I was born this way hey!

S/C/G: Not telling/Shh/150

Height: 5'3

OKay..I'm leaving right now to get my hair cut!! I'll have before and after pics when I get back!!
Old 07-15-2008, 02:27 PM   #77  
starting over again......

S/C/G: 261.4/261.4/200

Height: 5'4"

doing my daily pop in.....

nothing really new on this end......I am planning on taking the kids to the pool tonight and possibly getting a walk in too. but the pool is one thing that is high on that list.

I am watching Crash right now with Sandra Bullock and a whole bunch of other people in it. So far, it is really good. I keep having to fast forward through the commercials.

Francie~ I can't wait to see before and afters! I am going to get my hair cut short, but I have to look and get some ideas. I want to add some color to and cover up the grays. I am thinking about blond chunks or blond streaks......but now 100% sold on it yet.
Old 07-15-2008, 02:44 PM   #78  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Okay...all caught up I think, lol.

FRANCIE...I was just going to say to take a before and after! Good luck! Oh, and if you haven't left already...maybe call around because here-someplace...they will cut your hair for free if you are donating to Locks of Love.

ASIA...sorry you are missing Andrew, and especially on his birthday. There will be other though and WTG on your loss! Doing great missy, with losing and your exercise.

SUSAN...McD is quite the cook! Wish I had a man to cook for me. How's Gaby doing with summer school? Is it almost over? And hey, there are worse things you could be addicted too...eating ice is nothing! Maybe I should pick it up so I would eat that instead of food!

SASSY...thinking of you and yours

SUE...love the car! That is such a pretty color.

MINDEE...WTG on you and Tommy's losses. Wow, that is great! Loved the movie Crash...you need to see it on dvd...bet they cut out parts on regular t.v....anyway, it was good.

HIYA JULES, TAMMY, CLARA

Well, I have been one busy nana! Nice to finally have a break! That little girl is one energetic thing...she is like the energizer bunny...just keeps going, and going, and going...but we had fun. Took her home yesterday evening since V was going to weed eat for Charlotte and then take down the Christmas lights. Not sure why her step-dad didn't offer to but whatever. She'll be over later to visit...it's her day off and I believe the kids are going with grandma to Illinois to visit their papa...he lives there, long story, sort of, lol.

Worked in some exercise...not as much as I would have liked, but some is better than none. And today V is home in my way so I am taking a free day from it...sort of. I'm going to do a dvd or two later and call it good. Will get back on my schedule tomorrow. And I am down a whole pound, woohoo...yeah whatever, lol. But a pound is better than a gain so I will take it. That's about all I have, need to go add my miles.

Have a good day!

Last edited by FrouFrou; 07-15-2008 at 02:45 PM.
Old 07-15-2008, 03:05 PM   #79  
kitty Momo

Tuesday, and tomorrow is Wednesday. It is just like 7 days repeating itself over and over again. What a drag.

Can you tell I am pmsing?? I am. What are you going to do about it?? I sooo want to argue with someone right now. lol. It would make me feel better.

Cristina- omg - missed you!! Tell little Cambrie you need to post! Little 3 year olds have a lot of energy. Congrats on the pound! I would take a pound right about now, this whole thing is a drag.

lmao...................omg - I should not be on the computer!!

Ya, McD is a good cook. I really don't like white sauces though, kind of rich to me but I love his salads and the cheesebread. We are suppose to get the 6 year olds together for a swim today, see how that goes. His relative will go back Saturday to Alaska.

Gaby is cranky a lot w/ school. I think she needs some much needed R & R soon, the 24th is her last day ((of school))and today I will pick her up at 1:30 when the teacher leaves, after that they just do art work and such so we will do the swimming instead and I try and get her to bed at 7pm.

anyway - it is great to have you back posting!

Mindee- enjoy your time at the pool

Francie - can't wait to see the pictures!

ok, I am going to go hide in my hole and try not to be too b*tchy the next few days. I don't even trust myself to email McD....he is annoying me. lol

chat later, maybe.

Last edited by Mom2Gaby; 07-15-2008 at 03:05 PM.
Old 07-15-2008, 04:17 PM   #80  
starting over again......

S/C/G: 261.4/261.4/200

Height: 5'4"

SuzieQ~ I will argue with you......LOL I am craving chili for dinner, and Tommy's exact words to me were "it is like 90 degrees out.....are you kidding me?" so now we are at a loss as to what to make for dinner. he told me that he was going to have eggs.......so now I have to figure out something for me and the kids.

Cristina~ sounds like you were one busy nana!!! I have it on my list of movies to see on this website that I was told about that you can watch movies on. so I will check it out on there to see if there is anything different. I know they changed the language some for the tv. yay on the one pound loss!
Old 07-15-2008, 05:07 PM   #81  
It's my turn to shine

S/C/G: 180/170/140

Height: 5'4

Sorry girls.....I lost my post. I got every body done and I lost it. Iwill jsut have to do a check in now. I have been working out like crazy but I have been really bloated due to my cheat day. i had a cheat meal Sunday night and my stomach is still angry. Def not doing that again. Anyways so I dont know if I have lost anything because I have been so bloated. We shall see in the morning.
Old 07-15-2008, 05:45 PM   #82  
I was born this way hey!

OKay..here's the pictures!!!! (sorry they're not smaller)

Before

After

I got it done at Supercuts. They're even gonna send in the hair for me. They said they send in hair about every week, so thats pretty cool!! I'm totally loving my new short hair. Its been 2 years since it's been this short. I LOVE feeling the cool breeze on my neck, lol.

Last edited by Shopaholic1204; 07-15-2008 at 05:48 PM.
Old 07-15-2008, 07:27 PM   #83  
RosieKate

Francie - cute 'do! You cut off a ton..and it looks great

Cristina
- got the book! Meant to post that earlier, but time got away from me..I'm zipping right through it. I'll most likely send it back when I get back from my class ( I'll be gone all next week).

Susan- So I'm not the only one wilting here in good ol' PDX.... too hot for moi that's for sure. I planted some annuals in my flower boxes and they are wilting...I hope they perk up.

Mindee
- WTG on your loss...now I'm looking at SBD...maybe I wrote that off too soon, lol! I'm only kind of kidding...hub's been told to cut back on breads and fruits as the np is concerned about him being pre-diabetic. He can't seem to get his glucose under 100, so it's time to kick the diet into shape. SBD and the Zone are both considered pretty good for people trying to watch their glucose.

Hi to everyone else!
Sorry it's a short one. I finished my knitting job and I'm finishing up Shopaholic. I think it's funny that she's a financial writer and can't manage her $$, but I'm about halfway through and it just reads too much like Bridget Jones' Diary to me. I don't think I'll read any of the others...It's good beach reading, though, isn't it?

Yesterday we went on a garden tour and I put some pics up on my blog..that's about all we've been up to. I'm getting ready to head out of town for a week, to attend the Art Institute at Maryhill. I'm looking forward to it, but I'm going to miss my family - I haven't been away from them for that long before.

BBL!

Old 07-15-2008, 08:00 PM   #84  
ugggg.....

Francie--got to say I LOVE the hair....

Asia--i have lost posts before....so frustrating..

Mindee--i could eat some chili....

SuzyQ--you can send me *****y emails....(i won't let bb come before you guys..)

Cristina--I have to agree that grandbabies are exhausting but worth every moment

Sue--aw... am so glad my granboy is so close...it sures is empty through the week without him...

Sassy, Katy, Tammy and am I missing anyone else...hope all is well...

hubby was cranky this morning..he went down to his garage to play tonight so I can enjoy computer time without him witching especially since I did all my catchup chores last night. Teri is FINALLY packing Dave's stuff up....she caught him in two more lies and any thoughts of getting back together are gone....Ry is still loving WA but is thinking about doing summers in WA and winters in Las Vegas or Southern California. One of his new bosses does that and says with Ry's almost 7 years of restaurant experience he should have no prob doing it since it is what this guy has been doing for the last 5 years and loving it...I have to face the facts...Ry is NEVER moving back to the east coast...he's even talking cruise ships...

my mil tried to call this weekend and we kept trying to get a hold of her but the line was busy and sil didn't return any calls and my niece apparently got mad at her bf and changed her number AGAIN!! I finally talked to her tonight, turns out she wants to borrow almost $700 from us and when I said we didn't have it...she tried to put a guilt trip on me...it didn't work since she has NEVER helped us out even back when I was a stay at home mom with two kids under 3, Jerry making a little over minimum wage with no phone and no cable and some weeks not many groceries...but she always gave sil money and time who also was a stay at home mom who's husband made $50,000 a year and were getting more money than Jerry brought home a month for taking care of my niece who was in foster care at the time before they adopted her...I am sorry, we both make decent money but are on a tight budget trying to have everything paid off by the end of this year and we are buying all the babies diapers, wipes and baby food and some of the formula and all the teething tablets and tylenol and etc (luckily she got so much lotion and bath stuff she hasn't run out at her house or here yet...

boy did a run on a little too long or what...

Love you guys!!
Old 07-15-2008, 08:07 PM   #85  
ugggg.....

Katy--hey there...I finally finished Girls Like Us (story of Joni Mitchell, Carole King and Carly Simon) and before that I read Unveiled a woman's story about her life married and divorced to a man living in the Middle East..I have to say a light read sounds wonderful right now....hubby is on a mostly veggie kick and I picked up the Zone for Vegetarians (I think) a loonnnggg while back at a yard sale. I may have to get it back out again and take another look--I tried SBD but couldn't stick to it since I like my fruits and veggies way more than I like red meat...though I can't go total vegetarian cause I like my chicken and turkey way too much....actually I plain like food way too much...when I quit excessively drinking and doing drugs to become a mom I think I traded that addiction for a food one.....I am a very emotional eater...
Old 07-15-2008, 08:21 PM   #86  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Hi All.

Just a quick drop by. Tomorrow is the funeral.......I'll be glad when its all over and done. I know that sounds horrible, but I just dread it. Of course who ever looks forward to a funeral anyways?

Anyways. I hope all is well with you all.

Francie -- hair looks wonderful. I am jealous. I wanted to get out today and get mine done, but had absolutely no energy at all!

Take care everybody.
Old 07-15-2008, 08:38 PM   #87  
ugggg.....

Sassy--big hugs to you...
Old 07-15-2008, 10:56 PM   #88  
RosieKate

Sassy

Jules - sounds like you and I like to eat the same things..I can live without red meat, but I love poultry and fish. Even then, I love produce more! I would have a hard time giving up fruit. So glad to hear that Teri is really moving on...he's not going to stop lying, if he was he would have done so by now. I mean, if a child isn't enough motivation to clean up one's act, then nothing will be. I'm in the queue for Girls Like us..I read an excerpt in Vanity Fair and it looked really good. I'm going to gt Tapestry, and Blue, and that Carly Simon album that has "You're so Vain" on it and play them on shuffle in the background while I read it, lol!

I am a big Zone fan, though not vegetarian. Once you get the hang of it, it's not too hard to manage...and no calorie counting if you stay in the Zone ( that's a motivator)

Old 07-16-2008, 02:57 AM   #89  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Just a quick pop in...can't sleep, ugh!

Nothing new going on and I will do individuals tomorrow...hoping I can get some sleep...probably end up sleeping in for sure. Then hopefully, Thurs I will get back on my schedule

Chat tomorrow, er later today
Old 07-16-2008, 09:57 AM   #90  
I was born this way hey!

Thanks for the comments!!! One great thing I love about having short hair is that my hair dries super fast now!!

Mindee~You should totally go for the blonde highlights. I was thinking of getting some too. But I dunno..I think I'm gonna dye my hair a lighter color brown.

Sassy~

Cristina~I couldnt sleep at all last night. I finally had to put an extra blanket on top of me before I fell asleep. Then I woke up this morning and realized that I'm turning into my mother, lol. She needed several blankets before falling asleep.

Katy~Thats too bad about the Shopaholic books. I don't really think they're like Bridget Jones. But they're both part of Brit Lit. So maybe that's why they seem similiar? Bridget Jones was actually the first chick/Brit lit I ever read.

Susan~Sounds like you need some Ben & Jerry's or a great big ol' chocolate bar. I was totally PMSing last week and *****ed at Fonzo the whole time, lol. Poor guy. But he bought me peanut butter M&Ms to make me feel better

OKay...my stomach is starting to calm down now. I dunno why it was hurting. I haven't eaten anything since dinner at 7pm yesterday.

I had such a horrible time sleeping last night. One of the cats kept trying to play with my feet, lol. Then Fonzo kept bumping into me. Then when I finally did doze off, he woke me up and asked me what my problem was. I have no idea what that was about, but I think he was talking in his sleep cuz his head flopped back on the pillow after he said it, lol.

Oh ya..2 things. 1-I'm not into regular chick lit anymore. I dunno why, but I just got totally bored with it. I'm now into Fanatsy chick lit (anything with mermaids, vampires, witches, etc. I'm looking into it now). I'm a bit weird I guess, lol. And 2-I really wanna get a tattoo on my neck now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm more sure of it than ever. It'll have to wait though. I still want a tattoo on my ankle first.

OKay so ya..that is all for now. I'm going back to bed.
Closed Thread